2,800 FUE with Dr. Hasson

Flash10

• Administrators

Will be following closely, thanks for sharing no doubt you will be happy in 12 months 😎

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey yalla, the difference may be density. Dr. Hasson was extreamly confident in achieving "beautiful" density using the FUE technique vs the FUT technique, so i simply trusted in my gifted surgeon to get the job done.

Thanks John.

No problem Melvin. I hope so - happiness is the ultimate goal, which I'm sure you can relate. 

Edited by Flash10

Work looks pristine as expected! If it was anyone else using that many grafts for that area I'd raise an eyebrow, but I've seen the density that Dr. Hasson gets when he really goes for the fences as it looks like he did for you and it's indeed something to marvel at. You have all the ingredients for a great result. Good luck!

• Like 1

Began Rogaine a couple years ago, which stabalized loss. Switched to fin last year based on discussions with another hair transplant doctor.

Very lucky that fin significantly helped strengthen my donor and crown with no negative side effects. I was very reluctant to hop on fin, as most guys are, but ultimately gave it a chance while having my family doctor monitor testosterone levels (and other stuff) to put my mind at ease. Worked out very well. 

Based on my discussion with Dr. Hasson, it seems he is a big advocate of fin and it was evidently a significant factor in his planning. He was much more focused on achieving great density than indulging my desire to have a low and straight hairline. 

I'm 29. 

Edited by Flash10
  • Thanks 1

Looks a great design, and Dr Hasson has fantastic results time after time so I’m sure you’l be very happy come 12 months. 

Question for @H & W Doug- the extraction pattern seems to reach pretty high, and outside of the traditional safe donor zone - what are the reasons for this? I’ve seen it from a few North American FUE surgeons recently, 

Thanks 

• Like 2

Thanks Curious. I absolutely love the hairline design and greatly appreciate the compliment. Dr. Hasson and I went back and forth between how high the midpoint and temple points should be to achieve soemthing mature enough that i can grow into and conservative enough where we would not have to sacrifice any density. I was pretty adamant that I wanted only a slight recession. Dr. Hasson was extremly honest and ultimately designed a hairline he knew would be the right balance of 'appropriate' and in-line with my 'vision'.    

I'm American, just snuck over, thankfully there was no pesky wall. Completely joking - im Canadian - Toronto.  

• Haha 2

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Flash10 said:

Thanks Curious. I absolutely love the hairline design and greatly appreciate the compliment. Dr. Hasson and I went back and forth between how high the midpoint and temple points should be to achieve soemthing mature enough that i can grow into and conservative enough where we would not have to sacrifice any density. I was pretty adamant that I wanted only a slight recession. Dr. Hasson was extremly honest and ultimately designed a hairline he knew would be the right balance of 'appropriate' and in-line with my 'vision'.    

I'm American, just snuck over, thankfully there was no pesky wall. Completely joking - im Canadian - Toronto.  

You had me going there for a second.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The donor looks untouched for 2800 grafts. There is no asymmetry. No over-harvesting in any one area.The hairline appears nature made. The graft placement exhibits no unnatural patterning. The angle of insertion matches your natural hair growth. By day 8, when the scabs come off and the hair grows out a bit, you will just look like you have tight buzz cut. Subbed to your thread and will follow your updates closely.

Enviable work man. Congrats! Wow, just wow!

Thanks so much @jimcraig152 really appreciate the kind words. I've been diligent with washing and making sure the recipient area has been untouched other than daily gentle washings.. so hopefully over the next year it grows well. Fingers crossed as it would honestly bring so much happiness to my life - I'm sure so many on here can understand and relate. 

Day 7

FYI - I am still pretty swollen. By the end of day 2 my eyes were almost completely shut - very scary. Much better now but hoping the swelling goes away completely in another day or two..

Here is an update.  Some  small cracks  at the 1 week mark as I was told would happen.. At this point I feel like a 6ers fan and keep calmly telling myself to "trust the process".. hopefully it works out better for me than it did Phili..

day 7.jpg

Edited by Flash10

4 hours ago, Flash10 said:

Day 7

FYI - I am still pretty swollen. By the end of day 2 my eyes were almost completely shut - very scary. Much better now but hoping the swelling goes away completely in another day or two..

My right eye was completely swollen shut by the 7th day too. It isn't real bruising through. Mostly it is the fluid injected into your head to expand the skin for the grafting process. For me, the swelling went away by the end of the 2nd week. Visually, the bruising went away by the 3rd week completely.

4 hours ago, Flash10 said:

Here is an update.  Some  small cracks  at the 1 week mark as I was told would happen.. At this point I feel like a 6ers fan and keep calmly telling myself to "trust the process".. hopefully it works out better for me than it did Phili..

You should be given instructions to begin removing the scabbing by the 7th day. Each doctor's recommendation is slightly different with the timeline. But once the scabbing is gone, the cracks go away too.

I was a bit too cautious when it came to removing the scabbing. I was really hoping they'd fall out on their own. On @Melvin-Moderator suggestion, you do have to work them out by the timeline your surgeon suggests. Those grafts do grow before they fall out and the scabbing adhering to the follicles may impede that growth. Here is what I did, stuck my head under the shower and got it thoroughly wet with cold water. Then gently lathered in shampoo over the sink in front of a mirror. Then I cut open a produce bag (the kind you get from the grocery aisle in supermarkets no harmful BPA's) and wrapped it gently around my head gently to slow the evaporation. Set the timer on my phone for 20 minutes. Sat and watched TV till the timer went off. Removed the wrap and the scabs are now thoroughly soaked and easy to remove (they'll look like snot on your head). With a wet finger in front of a mirror, I used the tips to tease the scabs out. The scabs then either balled up and fell out into the sink, or they were pushed to my forehead where I could wipe them off. I never pinched to pick at a scab. If a scab was being stubborn, I got back at it the next day. Then I jumped into the shower to shower off the rest of my body (just a rinse of the head). Might take 2 or 3 days, but before the end of the 2nd week, scabbing is a thing of the past.

Everything is looking good for you during this process. You are looking much better than the Sixers do. How are you feeling otherwise? Oh, don't forget to post donor pics.

• Like 1

Day 10

Scabbing is finally completely gone. From day 8 to today I simply sat under the shower for 20 mins and gently massaged the recipient area with the pads of my fingers for the last couple minutes after the scabs were thoroughly soaked.

Here are some updated pics. I will post again at 1 month and then probably monthly after that.. 

Apologies if the donor picture is not clear enough. Honestly the donor area is a marvel to me - at the current length it is literally undetectable.

20200906_113723.jpg

20200906_113701.jpg

20200906_113627.jpg

20200906_113600.jpg

Edited by Flash10
  • Like 1