2,800 FUE with Dr. Hasson

Flash10

11 hours ago, johnto said:

How old are you?

Also, does Hasson and Wong use techs to extract grafts? Or do they do all steps themselves? Manual or motorized punch?

Extracted by techs.

WAW system motorised extraction.

@JohnAC71 Yes donor looks unreal. I understand I have to wait a year to properly assess the success of the transplant, however, I think it is safe to conclude the work done in the donor area is world class. I will post a proper pic of the donor shortly. 

@rica standard rate - i believe it was $8 per for first 2,000 then $5 per thereafter.

@jimcraig152 thanks bro i really appreciate your support.. i took a look at your thread as well and I'm sure you're gonna look amazing by 2021.. which is perfect cause that's when the world will hopefully go back to normal and we could both enjoy our new hair!! 

@johnto hey man. im 29.. techs do the extractions.. it sounded motorized - seems like @GE90 knows better than me.. 

Edited by Flash10
  • Like 1

Donor directly under bright white light. Looks to be all healed.. No numbness at all.. On the contrary, it feels very sensitive and is a little itchy at times.. I put aloe vera no alcohol every now and then, which seems to have helped with the healing. 

20200907_230507_1.jpg

Edited by Flash10
  • Like 1

Currently my recipient area is still very numb.. the redness is a lot better.. even better today than yesterday, when these pics were taken..

As at this point, it looks nearly perfect.. I am hoping with every fiber of my body that the implanted hairs do survive and grow. Time will tell. 

The only tweaks I would have made are small little spots that would require minimal grafts to really perfect the look.  I illustrated below. Something I would consider if I ever needed another transplant. But, I hope Dr. Hasson is correct that my growth from fin has only started and I may not need another transplant in the future. 

Based on some research it seems i may continue to see positive improvement for another year or 2 from fin, which is inline with what Dr. Hasson has said. 

I will keep you boys updated as promised. All the best gentlemen.. feel free to keep asking any questions..

20200907_225651.jpg

20200907_231110.jpg

Edited by Flash10

• Administrators

Excellent documentation, and high quality pictures too 👏🏼 Happy growing 😎

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else think that some grafts were harvested too high?

The OP is clearly a diffuse thinner like me, you can see the whole "horse shoe" being less dense than the occipital area and the sides.

They went to extract right at the border of the thinner areas.

On 9/29/2020 at 5:04 PM, Cristero said:

Does anyone else think that some grafts were harvested too high?

The OP is clearly a diffuse thinner like me, you can see the whole "horse shoe" being less dense than the occipital area and the sides.

They went to extract right at the border of the thinner areas.

Hard to argue with a world class surgeon bro.. time will tell, but hopefully it works out..

I'm not sure how bad your crown is, but the crown is always a pain in the ass due to angles and lighting.. it always looks a little thin when I buzz it down.. makes sense considering light is hitting the scalp at a 90 degree.. looks good when grown out though.. also hoping propecia adds some density and helps it stick around for a couple more decades..

How bad is your crown man? If your crown looks like mine and you're considering a ht on your crown i would strongly recommend not to touch it. Both Rahal and Hasson personally took a look at my entire head and said they would only do the hairline. No ethical surgeon would touch a crown that looks like mine (their words not mine). 

12 hours ago, Flash10 said:

Hard to argue with a world class surgeon bro.. time will tell, but hopefully it works out..

I'm not sure how bad your crown is, but the crown is always a pain in the ass due to angles and lighting.. it always looks a little thin when I buzz it down.. makes sense considering light is hitting the scalp at a 90 degree.. looks good when grown out though.. also hoping propecia adds some density and helps it stick around for a couple more decades..

How bad is your crown man? If your crown looks like mine and you're considering a ht on your crown i would strongly recommend not to touch it. Both Rahal and Hasson personally took a look at my entire head and said they would only do the hairline. No ethical surgeon would touch a crown that looks like mine (their words not mine). 

I've already had my procedure done and I did a dense pack on the hairline (50 grafts per cm2) and rebuilt the crown with the swirl. Time will tell how the HT will turn out to be.

What I was trying to say is that you can clearly see in your case (like in my case) that the whole NW6/7 area is being affected by miniaturization, with hairs being less dense and thinner than the rest. Hence why I was saying that they extracted too high in my opinion, in an area that isn't really safe. I truly really hope for you that finasteride is gonna maintain as you said for 20 years, but I highly doubt it.

I'm not a big fan of any North American surgeon to be honest, as they do great FUT, but I never saw good FUE results, unless they use an unnecessary high amount of grafts. And I'm talking mostly about H&W. I know many will disagree with me, but that's my opinion. Without considering that you would pay at least the double of the price of an experienced FUE European surgeon.

What's the history of AGA in your family?

Edited by Cristero

• Administrators

Very few document with high quality pictures like you, really fantastic. Great to have you here on the forum sharing your journey with us, you’ve entered the dreaded ugly duckling phase. The good news is in a few months you’ll be having fun 😎

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Cristero said:

I've already had my procedure done and I did a dense pack on the hairline (50 grafts per cm2) and rebuilt the crown with the swirl. Time will tell how the HT will turn out to be.

@CristeroCongrats man! When did you get this done? Did you make a thread? If your crown is similar to mine I would love to see the results of work done on a crown similar to mine. As I said, the ethical surgeons I spoke to warned that the shock loss may be worse than the new hair growth. I hope this is not true for you and would be curious to see. 

I truly really hope for you that finasteride is gonna maintain as you said for 20 years, but I highly doubt it.

Why the doubt buddy? The studies I have seen showed that someone can experience hair growth and improvement for a three year period. And I read that if there is no regrowth there is still a very good chance of long-term stabilization. I have been on it almost a year now and have seen nice regrowth and I am optimistically hoping for more. Propecia was a  huge part of Dr. Hasson and I's conversation and long-term planning. He's a huge advocate of the medication being on it for more than 20 years himself. 

I'm not a big fan of any North American surgeon to be honest, as they do great FUT, but I never saw good FUE results, unless they use an unnecessary high amount of grafts. And I'm talking mostly about H&W. I know many will disagree with me, but that's my opinion.

I thought this way at first as well after looking at the countless cases with high graft numbers. However, after comparing cases with similar size recipient areas it seems evident that Hasson gets greater density with greater graft number. Therefore, it seems like Dr. Hasson's magic isn't a higher survival rate than other surgeons, rather the ability to achieve nearly the same survival rate at higher densities. I am not sure if other surgeons are comfortable performing transplants with the density Dr. Hassson aims for.. but, it just shows me that Dr. Hasson has lots of experience with high density work vs. other doctors who seem to not even attempt the level of density he achieves.

What's the history of AGA in your family?

My nono (mom's side) had a full head of hair when he passed away. My nono (dad's side) and dad are N5 - nono is now probably N7, but he's 90+. Realistically it would seem I am on the same path as my dad, which is cool - he's a good guy lol.

2 hours ago, Kruchie said:

Looks like fantastic work!

Dr Hasson is currently my first choice for my second procedure. I'll be keen to follow your progress. 

@KruchieThanks bro. Best part about choosing Hasson is the peace of mind and reassurance of going with a world class surgeon during the recovery process as doubts begin to creep in.. based on my personal experience during these ugly duckling days..

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Very few document with high quality pictures like you, really fantastic. Great to have you here on the forum sharing your journey with us, you’ve entered the dreaded ugly duckling phase. The good news is in a few months you’ll be having fun 😎

@Melvin-ModeratorLol, honestly you seem like such a good guy man. I appreciate the kind words and its my pleasure to be sharing the journey with you guys. While I have your ear, just wanted to personally thank you and tell you that this forum genuinely helped in me in my hair transplant journey.  Have a great day bro.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Flash10 said:

@CristeroCongrats man! When did you get this done? Did you make a thread? If your crown is similar to mine I would love to see the results of work done on a crown similar to mine. As I said, the ethical surgeons I spoke to warned that the shock loss may be worse than the new hair growth. I hope this is not true for you and would be curious to see. 

Why the doubt buddy? The studies I have seen showed that someone can experience hair growth and improvement for a three year period. And I read that if there is no regrowth there is still a very good chance of long-term stabilization. I have been on it almost a year now and have seen nice regrowth and I am optimistically hoping for more. Propecia was a  huge part of Dr. Hasson and I's conversation and long-term planning. He's a huge advocate of the medication being on it for more than 20 years himself. 

I thought this way at first as well after looking at the countless cases with high graft numbers. However, after comparing cases with similar size recipient areas it seems evident that Hasson gets greater density with greater graft number. Therefore, it seems like Dr. Hasson's magic isn't a higher survival rate than other surgeons, rather the ability to achieve nearly the same survival rate at higher densities. I am not sure if other surgeons are comfortable performing transplants with the density Dr. Hassson aims for.. but, it just shows me that Dr. Hasson has lots of experience with high density work vs. other doctors who seem to not even attempt the level of density he achieves.

My nono (mom's side) had a full head of hair when he passed away. My nono (dad's side) and dad are N5 - nono is now probably N7, but he's 90+. Realistically it would seem I am on the same path as my dad, which is cool - he's a good guy lol.

With dr Peniker in Ankara. I will create a thread when I'll have the pictures from the clinic.

Because DHT is just part of a bigger picture and oral finasteride just take care of a percentage of it in the scalp. You still have testosterone miniaturizing, along with the normal aging of all the follicles throughout the years. A good number of people still lose ground with finasteride.

That's why I said a good European surgeon would have used less grafts, aiming at a better survival rate, making you save a good amount of money as well. In any case, it seems you did an educated choice, so I hope everything will go well for you and you won't head towards NW5 like your dad. Maybe you inherited some genes from your mom and that, along with medications, will preserve your hairs and donor.