Hattingen - 3700 grafts

conan

• 1 month later...

Amazing result, especially after previous attempts elsewhere.

It's awesome to see names of clinics and locations become so highly esteemed that weren't even on the map (here at least) when I was researching 9 years ago. 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent results my friend,so happy to see you in such a good mood!Dr Sever and Laura Muresanu are great doctors and their results speak volumes ,iam planning next September to have my hair transplant there,cheers buddy enjoy your new life which i am sure you will do :)

• Like 1

Hi

I am still on finastride (propecia) since 2005 but I am now taking 1 pill every thRee days .

My front third and mid scalp are now all grafted , the only benefit for me is in the crown .

I am planning to work on my crown in 4/5 years , I will then STOP finasteride completely .........

For me Finasteride as worked like a charm really without any secondary effects .

hope this helps 

cheerS

c.

Edited by conan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, conan said:

Hi

I am still on finastride (propecia) since 2005 but I am now taking 1 pill every thee days .

My front third and mid scalp are now all grafted , the only benefit for me is in the crown .

I am planning to work on my crown in 4/5 years , I will then finasteride completely .........

For me Finasteride as worked like a charm really without any secondary effects .

hope this helps 

cheerS

c.

Sounds like you have a really good long term game plan. 🤩

• Administrators
On 10/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, conan said:

Dear All 

This is my 11th month update .

What can I say ? I am more than super happy by the results ............

Any comments are welcome of course ! 

thanks 

K.

Octobre  2020.jpg

🤩 wow that’s an A+ result 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, T95good said:

Did you continue losing hair after being on finasteride or did it do a good job stopping loss?

It did the job all the way but I can feel the effect are going away as the years passed on ...... I dont think Finasteride is as efficient when you are 25 years old versus 50 ..

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, conan said:

Dear All 

This is my 9 month update from my hattingen 3700 graft surgery . 

I am really happy with the results so far , in term of approach I will need to do a scar revision down the road and had some grafts in the crown 

thanks 

K.

Capture.JPG

Oh yeah, what a change!

Now if you end up using 3000 for your crown, bye bye alopecia 😀

Hello Community ,

Just to make sure we are all aligned with what we see here .. 

In total we can say this is a good 300 + 2500 + 3700 grats so more or less 6500 grafts in total over the last 20 years . 

But , the Hattingen surgery really is THE killer result that make the whole difference , not only the surgery itself but Dr Muresanu also reshape my hairline by removing the 2 or 3 hair gafts present in the hairline and also remove some grafts to give the hairline a more natural looking  . 

thanks All ! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Dear All , 

quick update on my side , I am back at Schaffousen today for a scar correction surgery tomorrow morning . 

The two scars of my previous surgeries in Paris are large and ugly and we agree with Dr Muresanu to go through a scar correction surgery .

This surgery will come in preparation of a future FUE surgery that will be needed to cover my crown down the road . 

I will post some pictures on this thread in a few days . 

thanks 

C.

• Administrators

I would love to see an update of your hair 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Have you discussed simply doing another small FUT while trying to reduce the scar at the same time? I'd also like to see how well the transplant held up over the past few years.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.