Hattingen - 3700 grafts

conan

Dear All 

I had my procedure with Hattingen back on the 29.11.2019 , 3700 grafts to refine my hairline and work from the top third towrds the crown .

For those who dont know me I explain my situation in this thread my story

The procedure was smooth and I am now starting month number 4 . I have attached some pictures here , the thing is I was not completely bald before this 5th surgery so It is currently difficult to see what kind of growth I am having right now . 

Dr Muresanu told me I still have some donor left to crrect the crown when needs be , I need to do a scar correction down the oroad so I could "kill two birds with one rock" here : scar correction + crown surgery , but that will be in 4/5 years . I am currently 45 years old . 

Overall I am very happy with everyhting in this procedure , Dr Muresanu and his wife have been super kind , even when I had to go back to the clinic at 22h00 to get another injection of anesthesic ! 

thanks a lot ! 

I will post my updates as time goes on .

thanks

K.

Diapositive1.JPG

Diapositive3.JPG

Diapositive4.JPG

Diapositive5.JPG

Diapositive6.JPG

Edited by conan
  • Like 1

You made the right choice--I would place Hattingen with the 'hyper-elites' of transplantation (ie. with Couto, Konior, Keser, Hasson and Lorenzo). Their clinic has an almost obsessive level of attention to detail that I have rarely seen elsewhere. 

I believe the surgeon(s) are actually Laura and Severe Muresanu a husband/wife duo. Hattingen is the town and clinic where they operate.

This is FUT, correct? And what medical hair loss treatments have you tried or are you using? Are you on finasteride/dutasteride, ketoconazole or minoxidil?

Please keep us updated, I think you are going to have an amazing result by the end of the quarantine.

Edited by bismarck

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, bismarck said:

You made the right choice--I would place Hattingen with the 'hyper-elites' of transplantation (ie. with Couto, Konior, Keser, Hasson and Lorenzo). Their clinic has an almost obsessive level of attention to detail that I have rarely seen elsewhere. 

I believe the surgeon(s) are actually Laura and Severe Muresanu a husband/wife duo. Hattingen is the town and clinic where they operate.

This is FUT, correct? And what medical hair loss treatments have you tried or are you using? Are you on finasteride/dutasteride, ketoconazole or minoxidil?

Please keep us updated, I think you are going to have an amazing result by the end of the quarantine.

I agree, Dr. Muresanu is definitely up there with the elites.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, bismarck said:

thanks , as I have explained in the post I linked in my first post my history with HT is quite heavy

- I was butchered by Amar in Paris two times - FUT

- Then I went to Dr Seager in Toronto - 2500 grafts in the front third - FUT 

- Then Dr Muresanu - Laura and Sever - in November 2019 - FUT

I have one more ammunition for scar revisions and the crown dixit Dr Muresanu , I am a bit lucky to have a good donor .

Iwill keep this one for later down the road . 

I have been taking 1mg of Finasteride every two days since 2005 ! Almost 15 years without any secondary effects so far . 

Stay tune , more update to come soon ! 

Regards

K.

3 hours ago, bismarck said:

Hattingen is actually a town in Germany from where they began years ago. They now operate out of Schaffhausen, a small, picturesque town in Switzerland

5 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

Hattingen is actually a town in Germany from where they began years ago. They now operate out of Schaffhausen, a small, picturesque town in Switzerland

CORRECT !

5 minutes ago, bismarck said:

Interesting. Do both husband and wife operate?

Also conan, are you on finasteride?

yes , Dr Sever Muresanu  is doing the strip removal and Laura / her assistants are doing the grafting itself . 

As I said , 1mg of Finasteride since 2005 every two days . 

On 3/31/2020 at 6:00 PM, bismarck said:

World class clinic. Sever is involved in the extraction of the strip and Laura makes the incisions and oversees the implants. Sever said she is much better at the incisions than him and it makes sense because the OP's post surgery pics are very clean and my own pics, a bigger case than the OP's, are also very clean (check my thread out).

On 3/31/2020 at 1:27 PM, conan said:

Dear All 

I had my procedure with Hattingen back on the 29.11.2019 , 3700 grafts to refine my hairline and work from the top third towrds the crown .

For those who dont know me I explain my situation in this thread my story

The procedure was smooth and I am now starting month number 4 . I have attached some pictures here , the thing is I was not completely bald before this 5th surgery so It is currently difficult to see what kind of growth I am having right now . 

Dr Muresanu told me I still have some donor left to crrect the crown when needs be , I need to do a scar correction down the oroad so I could "kill two birds with one rock" here : scar correction + crown surgery , but that will be in 4/5 years . I am currently 45 years old . 

Overall I am very happy with everyhting in this procedure , Dr Muresanu and his wife have been super kind , even when I had to go back to the clinic at 22h00 to get another injection of anesthesic ! 

thanks a lot ! 

I will post my updates as time goes on .

thanks

K.

Diapositive1.JPG

Diapositive3.JPG

Diapositive4.JPG

Diapositive5.JPG

Diapositive6.JPG

Looking good and on track. Excellent choice of clinic too - well done. I had mine done there 18 months ago. If you are curious, I have made a post on here with my story and you can see my result. I think it is the most advanced story you will see on this site from this clinic as everybody else was a few months behind me on going to Hattingen. Please check out my thread and let me know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dear Community , 

This is the 4.5 month update . I have also attached some pictures of the scar itself .

As it is it is difficult so see my level of growth as I am not completely bald before this surgery  , I suppose I will have to wait 10 months completely before seing the full result . 

Just keep in my mind this was my 5th surgery  , I am clearly not happy with the way my back donor is looking and It was agreed with Dr Murasenu that I will need a scar correction to correct the way my old scars were looking specifically at the back  but as it is I am not sure if I am still suffering about strong schok loss there and a bad previous scar or a mix of both . 

The scar from Hattingen itself is very very clean , it actually looks like a small stroke of a pencil . 

Also , you can already clearly see my crown will need to be reworked in order to cover it , Dr Muresanu told me we should be able to do that while doing the scar correction . 

thanks All 

Diapositive1.JPG

Diapositive2.JPG

• Like 1

I disagree - I actually think this looks better already than it did pre-surgery. Congrats! Speaking from experience (18 months post-Hattingen) this is only going to look better everyday now too. I agree with waiting for the full result before judging the donor but I suspect it will be as is because there is a lot of scar tissue there. Did he say why he didn't try to correct it with the first surgery? i.e. why did you have to wait for the second one for correction? You could try SMP in the donor area too depending on how well the correction goes.

Hi , 

I am not sure but apparently the existing scars are too wide to be corrected at the same time of the surgery , so in agreement we decided to do this later down the road . 

Not really an issue for me . 

My main question from now on will be : scar correction - ok , we can get few grafts out of this that we will be able to use on the crown but I would like to go the FUE way now . 

I dont want anymore scars ! 

do you think that will be doable and the better option to fill up my crown ? 

thanks ! 

2 minutes ago, conan said:

Hi , 

I am not sure but apparently the existing scars are too wide to be corrected at the same time of the surgery , so in agreement we decided to do this later down the road . 

Not really an issue for me . 

My main question from now on will be : scar correction - ok , we can get few grafts out of this that we will be able to use on the crown but I would like to go the FUE way now . 

I dont want anymore scars ! 

do you think that will be doable and the better option to fill up my crown ? 

thanks ! 

I would personally stick to FUT for several reasons in your case. 
1) You already have the scars and as you noted, Hattingen's is a pencil line so they know what they are doing and there is very, very little risk of it damaging you
2) You have a messed up donor - I don't think FUE would be a good idea because you would be thinning out an already patchy donor
3) You can get more grafts out of the lifetime with FUT and you may need those extra grafts you can squeeze out of it
4) You can FUE into the scar after to make it less visible once you have corrected the other excess scarring 
5) You seem to be under the impression, from your comment, that FUE doesn't leave scars and only FUT does. Not true. All surgery leaves scars. @Melvin-Moderator did a video of how to fade recently and he says himself you can see the FUE scars on his head when he cuts the hair right down.

As you say the scar tissue they cut out of you may yield grafts which will obviously be used on top too so I would just stick with Hattingen and with FUT. You are in safe hands and why take risks?

That makes sense about not correcting the scars at the same time as surgery as I had read that before when I was researching my own transplant. The thing I don't get though, and maybe I have read this wrong, but you seemed to suggest that the scars would be corrected when you go for the second surgery which implies that they will in fact be corrected at the same time as surgery. If I have understood you correctly, this would contradict what you have just said.

• Like 2

In fact we will use the grafts harvested during the scar correction to fill up the crown and not the way around if you see what I mean . 

If we get 1000 grafts , great , if we get 2000 even better , if we get only 500 then I will certainly have to schedule another proper surgery on top of this scar correction surgery in order to properly work the crown , 

Well at least this is my understanding of my last conversation with Dr Muresanu but I might be wrong ... 

thanks ! 

26 minutes ago, conan said:

In fact we will use the grafts harvested during the scar correction to fill up the crown and not the way around if you see what I mean . 

If we get 1000 grafts , great , if we get 2000 even better , if we get only 500 then I will certainly have to schedule another proper surgery on top of this scar correction surgery in order to properly work the crown , 

Well at least this is my understanding of my last conversation with Dr Muresanu but I might be wrong ... 

thanks ! 

Ok this makes perfect sense if I have understood it correctly. So when you are talking about filling in the crown, you are talking about from the grafts from the scar correction? In that case, why were you asking about FUE and FUT

If I have understood you correctly, I think you could get over a thousand. There is a post on here about a repair job that somebody went to Feriduni for and they managed to get 4700 (I think....) grafts from a combination of FUE and grafts from scar correction, which is amazing. 

For me it will be the ideal situation, scar correction + FUE to get as many grafts as possible to cover the crown.

at least this is the way I see it and understand it .

thanks

• Like 1

Hi Conan, having seen your old scar, I think you should try the FUT revision if possible. If you try to correct it via FUE you will always have to consider that the growth rate in scar tissue is not that good so you would need a high haircount. Talk to Sever if this is fully possible, i.E. the old scar is not in a wrong place where it could stretch too much. I have also been to Hattingen and was able to revise around 70% of my old scar with a new thin scar. Only 30% were going too deep and I had to use some Grafts to cover it. But first enjoy the growth of yout latest procedure. All the best!

• Like 1

Hello 

I briefly discussed with Dr Muresanu over the week-end , so in term of next possible steps:

• Scar correction at the back of my donor : we get 500 (or more) grafts while doing this 
  • At the same time we do a good 2500 FUE grafts session 
  • In theory we can then use 3000 grafts to fill up my crown 
  • We have to wait at least 12 months after the previous surgery befoe touching this scalp again 

This number being as we speak a "finger in the air" number . 

This will be my last surgery .. 

I will post pictures every two weeks here so I can share with the community the whole evolution . 

thanks !

K

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear All , 

This is the 6 months update . 

Nedless to say that I am super happy with the result so far ! Please give me some comments to see hat the community thinks !

Thanks Hattingen ! 

May 2020.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great for 6 months out. With the best to come. I also have done 5 HTs. I’m looking to do Beard grafts next as I’m pretty much out of Head grafts. 

I see your plan is to get a scar revision and also do some more FUE to cover your crown. I didn’t go to mad on my crown. 

• 2 months later...

Dear All 

This is my 9 month update from my hattingen 3700 graft surgery . 

I am really happy with the results so far , in term of approach I will need to do a scar revision down the road and had some grafts in the crown 

thanks 

K.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2