Hi all! 

it’s been a long time since I have updated this thread. Balding Bad great name firstly. Thanks for following the journey, I hope it helped in some way.

I have not had another procedure yet, nor have I had a consultation. I believe True & Dorin will be next stop. I have to contact them to set up a meeting. I am not sure when I will have the next procedure. Probably within the next 6 months. 

Of course I have some updated photos to share. Nothing much has changed- I do need a haircut to clean up the look- it usually looks much better after the cut. 

I am definitely going to finish the procedure  and will update when the next phase of the journey begins. Like before I’ll go through the entire process from consult to day of, recovery and results. 

all the best! 

B763CCE8-F59E-4D8C-86A3-6D7EECA79A72.jpeg

0B64AEC8-06E2-469C-9F28-84F33B5724E5.jpeg

DA837C5F-0FA4-4ABC-BE38-5EDFBCEA0E15.jpeg

569A9293-03A2-4221-AD9F-6CCB5989AAD0.jpeg

Edited by Dangrowthfactor

A shame bc if the hairline was place just a little higher with slight recession with the same amount of grafts used the result would have much, much better with stronger density. That being said, Dr. Dorin I'm sure will do the job in order to make it all look right. I once had a consult with him. Really nice down to earth guy. Good luck.

Dan - Im a fellow MetroWest resident like you.

Reading your thread Im happy to see you got growth from your first procedure. Your donor area looks good to me also.  I live near Wellesley, Mass and I have never heard of the Dr. you used.

Like others, I came to realize that the best USA HT docs are not in Boston. They are mainly in NYC and Chicago area. 

NYC - Dr Dorin & also Carlos Wesley, who is highly regarded in this forum. His work is posted here and top notch

Chicago - Dr Konior is the HT OG as previously mentioned. Dr Nadimi is at the same practice, having learned from Konior and using his same techs...she is also very very good. Just look at the results posted here on the site and you will see for yourself. A great HT doctor is a great artist and technician - making it look natural and as dense as realistically possible. AKA the "illusion of density"

If you are already working with Dorin, he is very good. Plus, he has an office where he does consults in downtown Boston, in addition to his office in NYC.  Im traveling to Chicago in May for an FUE with Nadimi. All of the names I have mentioned here have a lot of Boston area patients. I wish you well brother - keep us posted on your next steps! 

Also, dont drive to NY - just take Acela from Westwood MA station! The traffic around Hartford will be a killer...just take the train.

Edited by BigMike27
  • Like 1

Thanks for the details of those great docs BigMike. Much appreciated. Good advice if I have to get to NYC I’ll definitely take the Acela. 

Have you guys heard of Now Hair Time - they are located in Turkey. I am going to send them some photos to see what their analysis is and what they would do for the next procedure. I will look into Dorin as well as mentioned before.

have to thank this community for following my journey and giving me feedback honestly. It definitely makes the process easier knowing others out there who have your back. 

7 hours ago, Dangrowthfactor said:

Thanks for the details of those great docs BigMike. Much appreciated. Good advice if I have to get to NYC I’ll definitely take the Acela. 

Have you guys heard of Now Hair Time - they are located in Turkey. I am going to send them some photos to see what their analysis is and what they would do for the next procedure. I will look into Dorin as well as mentioned before.

have to thank this community for following my journey and giving me feedback honestly. It definitely makes the process easier knowing others out there who have your back. 

Please don’t consider any of the hair mills in Turkey. Don’t risk your valuable donor area to a poor choice. Stick to the trusted/recommended choices from the forum. So many reliable options open to you, be careful in who you consult with. Now hair time is absolutely awful. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi there, It has been exactly 3 years since my 1400 FUE transplant. I have another virtual appointment with Dorin on the 31st that was booked today. 

For some reason or another that appointment never came to fruition in 2021. 

I will let you know what True and Dorin prognosis is then. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dangrowthfactor said:

Hi there, It has been exactly 3 years since my 1400 FUE transplant. I have another virtual appointment with Dorin on the 31st that was booked today. 

Are you on any medication?

Edited by stephcurry30

Hi Stephcurry30- Yes, I have been taking finasteride for many years. I have used minoxidil rogain foam for last 4 years. 

Finasteride slowed my hair loss, some regrowth- it did not fully stop the hair loss. Rogain helped thicken crown area did nothing for hairline- my hair feels healthier when I use Rogain. Definitely thicker. Though when I first started Rogain there was initial shedding (which is expected). 

Hair transplant is the only way to go to really see regrowth

10 minutes ago, Dangrowthfactor said:

I guess on second thought - that might not be true as I have never tried the plasma- and a number of other possibilities. It seems to me that hair transplant is the best solution.

The amount of grafts wasn’t gonna be enough for the area covered another procedure of 1000 grafts should make it look great

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Dangrowthfactor said:

Has your situation changed since December 2021?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Dangrowthfactor said:

I guess on second thought - that might not be true as I have never tried the plasma- and a number of other possibilities. It seems to me that hair transplant is the best solution.

What does your hair transplant look like when pushed back? I think another small session to add density where you have the divide will complete your goal. 

• Like 1

I will post some updates pics. It’s still thin when pushed back, still have to use the sprinklies to make it look denser. 

if True Dorin tell me 1000-1200 is what I need that would be amazing.  I hope your right about that. 

I hope my donor area has enough to support whatever is needed to reach my goals. 

I really look forward to continuing this journey and improving the density. 

• 1 month later...

Update: 

I had a great consultation with Dr. Dorin. 

he confirmed my hair transplant was not done to par. 

He said he would go for 1000-1200 fue. He said it would be used in area above hairline- where you can see major density difference between top and transplant area.

Only thing option I have for fixing hairline Density is strip. Then would have the scar. 

inwas informed my donor area was over harvested from first transplant. If I go further it will look patchy at donor area.

it’s tough news, I am saving money to have dr dorin fix it up. Won’t be major difference. 

Do not take a referal without really researching on your own. Even if you are extremely close to person referral. Do.Your.Homework . This forum use it, ask questions, listen. 

I’ll update you when I schedule next procedure! Thanks for all feedback so far !

best 

Dan

Edited by Dangrowthfactor

please dont make the mistake of getting a strip for 1200 grafts. While your donor are was poorly managed by the first surgeon, it is no where bad enough that you cant get 2000 grafts from it let alone 1200.

Once you get a strip you will have a linear scar, and say good bye to the tight fades on the side and back.

get a few other opinions from reputable surgeons

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

With all due respect to Dr. Dorin, he’s been in the business longer than anyone has been on this forum, but make sure with yourself that you really do want to have a strip. I don’t think it’s a mistake, necessarily, but you won’t have the option to cut your hair short if that’s your desired hairstyle. You will have to keep it longer. Unless you’re totally set on going with him it may be beneficial to consult with multiple doctors to get as wide an array of opinions as possible. Other doctors may feel that you don’t need a strip to move forward with your goals.

• Thanks 1