Alright- all corny jokes aside.

This is the start of month 5- 1400 FUE hairline restoration.

So there is some growth. This is almost 50% of the growth. I am told 6 month I should expect 50%. I can see the density is not where I want it to be. I am hoping that it improves significantly. within next 2-3 months. we shall see!

IMG_0607 (2).JPG

IMG_0607 (4).JPG

IMG_0608 (3).JPG

IMG_0609 (2).JPG

Thanks foxtrot I think your right- the hair length was very uneven and that made contrast what it was. And I butchered it myself which probably made it look more disproportionate. 

fingers crossed more density in upcoming months. Next pics will be 6 month mark Sept 10th. 

Also for best Barber in Boston @persuitimage on Instagram. 

Thanks brother 💪🏻   Well see in the next 3 months. 

So for anyone who is going through process go get a professional to cut the hair. 

My 6 month follow up is approaching- doc will be able to assess progress- brainstorm what next steps are which I’ll share here 

• 3 weeks later...

The 6 Month Mark has arrived. Today Sept. 10th is the start of month 6.

still on minox 5% foam, and finasteride 

Still have to set up follow up appointment with Dr Magdelin. 

we spoke on the phone, going to talk about touch up procedure to double or potentially triple the density. He was very clear that we restored a fraction of original density. He’s been very consistent and straightforward through the entire process. 

If I am heading in the direction where of the 1400 I have maximum yield of grafts that’s great. Will def need another procedure to fill in density. 

the light, makes a difference in appearance. If it’s wet or dry makes a difference in appearance.

Combed or Not is seen below. Both wet hair. Bright light. 

5F424241-CD5B-416A-A94C-8F4A27F0622A.jpeg

2882E201-02E7-4BB6-9FAD-1650BA72EC8B.jpeg

6A6359A9-586C-4FB7-9179-2137565BE8DD.jpeg

0EC73A42-F015-4393-963B-DC7770B3F398.jpeg

757F76BE-8D4E-4733-B550-B9055F88D5F3.jpeg

EB48F43B-C915-4E1D-8F0D-6D7E9A6B92A1.jpeg

Edited by Dangrowthfactor

So I just finished my 6 month follow up appointment. 

He looked at the grafts, 90% has grown. There are still more hairs just coming up. Looking like 90%+ yield. He recommended 700-1000. More grafts he can get me in next month. Meaning shaved head again lol I would get double the current density 

so October 26th we would start again 🤪

Please don’t take this the wrong way but I think you need more grafts than another 700-1000. Have you or did you consider any else for your next Ht
it’s good you have growth and if 90% plus is the yield then that’s really good too. 
You still have a lot more months of growth and maturity from your first round though. 

Edited by JohnAC71

thanks Michael will keep the updates coming 💪🏻Appreciate the feedback ! 

Hey john, appreciate any and all feedback not take it wrong at all. I have considered the team in Canada Hassan and Wong ? I think I got that right. 

yes there will be some maturation he showed some of the hairs still coming up ( grafts 3 hairs with one graft some of those still sprouting). 

he did mention that even after additional 1000 I might want to put another 500-700 in to help with blending. He noted that it will never be as dense as the other parts of scalp, that I could get at minimum double the density I have now if not more, and then see how that goes then touch up another 500 -700. 

so your right will probably need more. He was very straightforward in what to expect in terms of density with what’s already in. It’s on track for over 90% grafts taking. Not sure how much more, some increased density. 

I really appreciate the comments and all the feedback it really is helpful 

• Like 1

This is what I was kind of getting too. To give adequate density to the area you needed most Drs would of perhaps quoted 2500 grafts. And you could have got it done in one procedure. If your Dr is saying you may need more in future then I would definitely consider another Drs input.

You would do really well to consult with Hasson and Wong they are one of elite. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Six months is early, but given the area that was covered, I think it's clear more grafts are necessary for optimal density. I would give it a few more months before consulting with other surgeons. A few on the east coast worth consulting with is Dr. Wesley, Bernstein, True and Dorin, and Bloxham. Although, i'm not sure Bloxham will agree to do FUE

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:26 PM, Dangrowthfactor said:

The 6 Month Mark has arrived. Today Sept. 10th is the start of month 6.

still on minox 5% foam, and finasteride 

Still have to set up follow up appointment with Dr Magdelin. 

we spoke on the phone, going to talk about touch up procedure to double or potentially triple the density. He was very clear that we restored a fraction of original density. He’s been very consistent and straightforward through the entire process. 

If I am heading in the direction where of the 1400 I have maximum yield of grafts that’s great. Will def need another procedure to fill in density. 

the light, makes a difference in appearance. If it’s wet or dry makes a difference in appearance.

Combed or Not is seen below. Both wet hair. Bright light. 

5F424241-CD5B-416A-A94C-8F4A27F0622A.jpeg

2882E201-02E7-4BB6-9FAD-1650BA72EC8B.jpeg

6A6359A9-586C-4FB7-9179-2137565BE8DD.jpeg

0EC73A42-F015-4393-963B-DC7770B3F398.jpeg

757F76BE-8D4E-4733-B550-B9055F88D5F3.jpeg

EB48F43B-C915-4E1D-8F0D-6D7E9A6B92A1.jpeg

I'm going to be totally honest; avoid this surgeon and go elsewhere. Your donor looks terrible considering how many grafts you had. Why pay American prices for surgery if you're going to go to someone who is a nobody? The didn't implant enough grafts and left the state of your hair looking terrible and unnatural for at least a year. 

Its blatantly obvious from photos of your donor post-op and the design of the hairline that this is ultimately an amateur job. There are plenty of competent surgeons in the US, Bloxham and Konior for example, or Hasson in Canada are leagues above this. You should absolutely consult Hasson/Wong before you consider going back to this guy.

Its not normal for a surgeon to implant at half the density of what is natural, you're 6 months in and at this point likely have 75% of your growth at least. Its not a good result, its abnormal for the industry and even your donor looks poor.

7D6455E9-75FE-465D-9FF3-83CC8F217141.jpeg

This level of patchiness in my eyes isn't acceptable for that level of grafts. I've had 6000 and my scarring is nowhere near as bad, some of these are massive. You should find a competent surgeon that isn't going to ruin your donor completely before you even have a natural looking hairline. At this rate by 3000 grafts you won't have a hairline still and your donor will be fucked too.

People don't want to offend because hair transplants and hairloss in general is touchy, so often they're too cautious with pointing out faults on forums with someones procedure ultimately to the detriment of the poster. For the love of God, don't go back. Not only can you do significantly better elsewhere, but you are potentially jeopardising your donor for future procedures.

Edited by JayLDD

2 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

I'm going to be totally honest; avoid this surgeon and go elsewhere. Your donor looks terrible considering how many grafts you had. Why pay American prices for surgery if you're going to go to someone who is a nobody? The didn't implant enough grafts and left the state of your hair looking terrible and unnatural for at least a year. 

Its blatantly obvious from photos of your donor post-op and the design of the hairline that this is ultimately an amateur job. There are plenty of competent surgeons in the US, Bloxham and Konior for example, or Hasson in Canada are leagues above this. You should absolutely consult Hasson/Wong before you consider going back to this guy.

Its not normal for a surgeon to implant at half the density of what is natural, you're 6 months in and at this point likely have 75% of your growth at least. Its not a good result, its abnormal for the industry and even your donor looks poor.

7D6455E9-75FE-465D-9FF3-83CC8F217141.jpeg

This level of patchiness in my eyes isn't acceptable for that level of grafts. I've had 6000 and my scarring is nowhere near as bad, some of these are massive. You should find a competent surgeon that isn't going to ruin your donor completely before you even have a natural looking hairline. At this rate by 3000 grafts you won't have a hairline still and your donor will be fucked too.

People don't want to offend because hair transplants and hairloss in general is touchy, so often they're too cautious with pointing out faults on forums with someones procedure ultimately to the detriment of the poster. For the love of God, don't go back. Not only can you do significantly better elsewhere but you are potentially jeopardising your donor for future procedures.

Hey brother, yes I notice the area where he took the grafts has significant patchy quality.  

I so appreciate your honest feedback your right it puts us at risk if it isn’t genuine feedback. You the man ! I am going to get second opinions from other surgeons. That’s the beauty of these forums, having eachothers backs ! Or scalps rather lol

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Thank you for the wakeup call!