• 3 weeks later...

Not trying to be negative but even if they all grow that’s not enough grafts to achieve moderate density in the hairline that was drawn up. I hope he was clear with you that you would need more then 1 surgery and this is just the way he does it at least.
    Also, I hope I’m wrong but I think I saw double hair grafts in the front of your hairline in the post op pics. If you are unhappy in 6 months start researching some top docs recommended here because I advise you to not go back to that doctor. 

Dr mentioned doing another treatment in a year of first surgery to increase density. First see how this procedure takes, and decide when all the data is in. 

right now I’m just about to hit 4 months on the 10th, at 6 months 50% of the grafts should be in so I’ll have a better idea then of what to expect.  So far I can see steady growth, fingers crossed lots more to come which will help the density.

ill also have 6 month follow up appointment so if you have any suggestions for what questions to ask that would be helpful! 

Keep the honest feedback coming guys ! Thanks so much ! 

Hi man,

Just came across  this thread of yours from your update. So, I’m gonna give you my honest opinion. The “bad” first...the hairline design (whomever chose and did it) doesn’t look natural and looks a bit amateurish, to me, sorry if that sounds a bit harsh,  looks too straight for the frame of your head, it also looks a bit low given the low amount of grafts used. Lastly, please do not go back to the clinic for an additional HT, your donor grafts are limited and you need them utilized by more skillfully.

Now the good news...the amount of grafts you had done was low so if your donor allows it should give you more availability to get where you want to be in the future. The graft are growing and you are just starting to see the growth and have plenty of time to see the full result, that said, you are obviously level-headed enough to have realistic expectations which is great. As for what I mentioned about the hairline above, that can always be fixed/resolved if you are not thrilled with it (if you happy with it then ignore my comment). Lastly, donor area permitting, you can add density with another procedure to improve things, although I highly recommend researching and seeking another clinic.

Keep updating and I wish you luck with your progress!

Edited by CosmoKramer

Always appreciate honest feedback! Thank you 

Yes your right I could always touch up and add a procedure. I am waiting to see what it looks like at 6 months. The doctor did tell me it will look thin at the beginning and as you get to a year the hairs will look different thicker in a year. So not only density from graft growth the hair maturity will yield thicker individual hairs. 

He also mentioned sticking with 1400 to preserve the donor area, to try to have a highest yield of thriving grafts from the 1400, rather than put in more and risk having complications or instances where the grafts don’t flourish or take. Then seeing what results you have- it’s a more informed decision how much to get going forward- without Throwing away valuable donor real estate. Maximize yield uses less graft upfront, at the same time preserve the donor area. 

its a more conservative approach I suppose.  Time will tell, and it’s exciting to see how it will grow within the next 2-3 months.  

I don’t have too much experience to know if a hairline is too low or if it looks amateurish- Always welcome the honesty and new perspectives so respect for sharing💪🏻 No offense taken at all. It’s above the wrinkles in my forehead which I think is good that would look weird if it were lower lol

yes updates will keep coming, keep the feedback coming , keep it real 🙌🏻 Next pic update on the 10th the start of month 4 

• Like 1

Like the others have mentioned it’s just not enough grafts for that area. But yes the grafts are growing and this should leave you with a lot in the bank for a second procedure. 
I would also agree to look for another clinic which would be able to reinforce the hairline and use a better amount of grafts for the area. 

who was the clinic you chose ? What kind of result did they say you should expect ?

6 hours ago, Dangrowthfactor said:

Always appreciate honest feedback! Thank you 

Yes your right I could always touch up and add a procedure. I am waiting to see what it looks like at 6 months. The doctor did tell me it will look thin at the beginning and as you get to a year the hairs will look different thicker in a year. So not only density from graft growth the hair maturity will yield thicker individual hairs. 

He also mentioned sticking with 1400 to preserve the donor area, to try to have a highest yield of thriving grafts from the 1400, rather than put in more and risk having complications or instances where the grafts don’t flourish or take. Then seeing what results you have- it’s a more informed decision how much to get going forward- without Throwing away valuable donor real estate. Maximize yield uses less graft upfront, at the same time preserve the donor area. 

its a more conservative approach I suppose.  Time will tell, and it’s exciting to see how it will grow within the next 2-3 months.  

I don’t have too much experience to know if a hairline is too low or if it looks amateurish- Always welcome the honesty and new perspectives so respect for sharing💪🏻 No offense taken at all. It’s above the wrinkles in my forehead which I think is good that would look weird if it were lower lol

yes updates will keep coming, keep the feedback coming , keep it real 🙌🏻 Next pic update on the 10th the start of month 4 

You’re welcome!

And yes, you’re correct, plenty of time ahead for improvement progress. 

I can understand a conservative approach as it does sound reasonable, that said, I would still suggest going with a different clinic in the future if possible. 

Continued luck to you!

• Like 1

Another month down!

Today is the start of month 4. 1400 FUE hairline restoration . Not noticing much difference between mid month three and now.

I will post a with outdoor lighting tomorrow. I am really curious as to what the next 30-60 days bring in terms of growth and density.

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

for fue?... 

If you have the money I would go to Canada with Hasson and Wong.

In the us Dr. konior

those are my number 1 picks for fue

Edited by Tbcruz
  • Like 1

18 weeks is really early. I wouldn’t start to worry or judge till after 6 months.

• Like 1

Hasson & Wong, Konior, Rahal, Cooley, Shapiro, Gabel - consult, consult, consult .... and like others have suggested, you're still in a very early stage until your final result is seen, but nothing stopping you from consulting with a few top notch docs and will likely take a year before you can get in for another procedure anyway

Edited by home1212
  • Like 1

Have you thought about applying fibers just so that your hairline looks a bit more full?

My thoughts are: yes the doctor hairline for you was inappropriate. Very low, straight and didn't use nearly enough grafts. With that being said using fibers should help out for the time. But if i were you, i'll look for another fue transplant.

Good luck and thanks for being bold and posting your progress pics for everyone to see :)

• Like 1

Hey Michael thanks for the suggestion and feedback 💪🏻. What brand of fibers is all the rage these days ? Lol I am open to using them out of curiosity see what the impact is on the look.although I might want to hold off so I can track progress better. Still growing, still early. 

thanks happy to share, hopefully it helps others out in some way. 

To be honest I would use any of the regular, basic hair fibers that are on the market such as topic or febron. Note, that these hair fibers are pretty expensive but you can buy fibers on sites such as ebay that sell fibers that are relatively cheap. I highly believe that those fibers are generic branded hair fibers BUT in my opinion the definitely do the trick. 

I was just advising that if you had a reason to go out for like a date or something applying those fibers would conceal the thinning hairline. Anyways keep us posted brother!

• Like 1