So you're saying he was willing to perform a second surgery after just 7 months? Another massive red flag.

Please do what people are saying. This is your life we are talking about. Go to a top clinic.

Save money for two-three years and during that time spend a couple of hours every week doing research on this forum. If you can't afford Konior or HW prices then go to someone in Spain or Belgium.

It's nice to get comments that are designed to not make you stressed but in a couple of years you'll be forever grateful to the honest comments.

• Like 2

Hey man, I haven’t been on the forum much lately but just saw your previous updates and I do see some improvement and your donor looks good in your last photos. That said, you likely have another 4-10 months of the current transplanted hair to mature and thicken more so...so I definitely have to agree with @BjornBorg’s comment above....wait a bit more, save up money to go to a different surgeon that can maximize your limited grafts better to give you the results you hope for....don’t rush it. 

• Like 1

Thanks Bjorn and Kramer. All of you guys actually. Came close was only several days away from another procedure. 

incredibly grateful for the honest feedback. 

It’s a waiting game now to see what will come in. Dr. Told me 90% has come in and I should not expect much more density from where it is now.  Will wait a year as he first suggested to see where I am. 

time to sit back, sprinkle some magic hair powder dust on my hairline,  Rogain foam,   chew finasteride like skittles and research.

I will keep updating 👍🏻 Be well

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is a strange thread...you found this forum. Get honest feedback and ask for a clinic in Boston. Why do you not use this forum for your own sake?

Several other mentioned it before: The first transplant was poor in all regards: Design of hairline, amount of grafts and donor treatment. I would not go to this clinic even if the pay me 100 k€. 

If you cannot afford the better US/Canada clinics: There is a thread with a lot of names from Europe/Turkey in here (best FUE clinics or so). A lot of clinics like HLC, Ferreira, ...  will give you a way better result with probably lower prices than a no-name hairmill in the US. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
  • Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I definitely think you need a second op, I hope you’ve scheduled some consultations with the doctors in New York. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I think you had ok growth for the amount of graphs you got. Not great as others have said, but it could have been much worse. Also, in your next HT, ask the Doctor about  restoring your temple points as well as adding density . I think it will make a big difference. If your in Boston, you could could probably fly Spirit down to Myrtle beach for under $100, rent a car and drive to Dr. Vories in Charleston in about 4 hours. He's probably the most affordable recommended Doctor on the East coast.

• Administrators

The overall planning was poor, but growth was decent. Not good, not bad. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the input fellas !

I’ll post a pic with hair pulled back and other updates. It’s crazy to think I will be at the 1 year mark on the 10th if this month! 

So far seems consensus of feedback is that definitely should get a second procedure, add to density. Idea of addressing the temple points as well as density. The yield is good for the amount of grafts however that’s the silver hair-lining of this.

I appreciate all the comments and guidance.  I have not had any consults or tried to fully research a second surgery yet but it’s something I want to do! Finish the job I started just about a year ago. Time flies.

One year results on the 10th 🙌🏻💪🏻Curious as to what you guys think hope you’re  all safe and well! Thanks again 

Edited by Dangrowthfactor
  • Like 2

1 year ago today I finished my FUE 1400 grafts. Started at 8:00am, finished at 4 or so. 

Thought I would be back at work after a week off- then lock down hit. Good timing for the transplant 😂 

- This was procedure 1 of a discussed two part process spaced a year apart. 

- the first 6 months of the ugly duckling phase was brutal. It looks better now than before. It’s still incomplete so I feel I have not fully exited the ugly duckling phase just yet 

- I have not had a fresh cut in a month, I will post update with a cut soon. 

- these pictures of hair with 5% Minoxidil Foam product on scalp. If you have used it you know it can make hair look dry/clumpy. I combed the hair which helps.

a link to short video combing hair back:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQhLkyk5ss85W3ugC3MNhHK4k2G7tXfX/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope all are well! 

0EE2FA25-C8E4-4E9E-95F5-071C39F48070.jpeg

EA74C741-833E-41D3-B4AE-4845343C2D47.jpeg

A3532FB2-86B2-46C4-9E8A-81F09B715672.jpeg

DAC21A84-EFC7-4670-A05D-E7121CB463B4.jpeg

6006B0B8-B668-4EF2-8D16-EC7B99F167CE.jpeg

52DDB8DD-9423-4E1D-BEF9-0CA0565D8662.jpeg

You definitely look better. I would recommend going to a reputable surgeon that has done a few repair cases and can add a bit more density between the transplanted and native hairs. 

For the time being have you looked into using toppik? 

• Administrators

It looks better, another touch up will definitely get you looking great. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 6 months later...

Wow, just read this entire thread and gotta say it was a roller coaster ride indeed.

As I was reading I was shaking my head out of sheer frustration, saying to myself "I hope this dude didn't go back to the same doctor." And then as I keep reading I see you had ANOTHER operation scheduled with him, despite all these fine folks telling you not to! That upset me greatly...but then lo and behold you pull out of the second operation on the 11th hour!

Hallelujah!

You're a personal trainer so how frustrating is it when you instruct your clients with sound advice only for them not to listen? That's essentially what I felt when I read this entire thread, but the good news is you finally listened and there's hope that you will go to a more qualified/reputable doctor!

Anyways I found myself quite invested in your journey. That being said, I'm a bit disappointed to see there's been no updates sine March. Is everything okay? Are you still on the search for a doctor? Do you need a morale boost? Please let us know!

That's what we're all here for! 😎