Hi all,

thanks for joining me. I want to share my experience with FUE transplant. 

About me: 

36 years old 

had taken finasteride for 4 years prior to surgery still continue to take it 

started minoxidil March 2019- still continue to use post surgery 

Norwood scale : 3 

background:
started noticing hair-loss early 20s , hairline and crown. Started finasteride, stopped my hairloss at N3. Minoxidil restored hairloss in crown of my head so I went to surgery for hairline restoration.

Where Surgery how did I find dr.: 

went to Imagine Hair Clinic in Wellesley MA. Saw Dr. Magdelin. He came as a referal from a client of mine ( I’m a personal trainer and realtor). I couldn’t tell my client had any hairloss issues. Also trust this client, a close friend - hes also a medical professional, published.

Consultation:

first one, amazing staff, good follow up, not sales people. Dr. Was kind, knowledgeable, educated me, gave me a plan, described the process answered all my questions and gave me a great price. 5 stars I knew I was dealing with the best. You know care, expertise and quality when you see it. 

Surgery day: was well prepped with instructions. Was given a nice lunch. It was so welcoming and relaxing I fell asleep for 98% of it 😂 was sold a recovery kit given prescription meds to help recover- and coupon code for them if I needed it. Dr gave me his personal cell phone number to text or call if I had any questions. I was the only appointment he had booked that day. That’s how he does it. Very personal, your the focus and the day is planned around you. 

okay that’s that- we really want pics right

7246FF65-5941-423D-8BE9-6F81F57C8988.jpeg

2A983B73-0037-44CF-B3F5-8F86D054B065.jpeg

B7A68AC1-523F-4A1B-AED0-AB2A4E36394A.jpeg

B61320C4-A402-4534-A797-1E65F216D915.jpeg

3AF2AEF7-F905-412E-A10D-2536B0968E76.jpeg

810283F2-A8FC-471D-B9AA-9B03BA29F027.jpeg

380DF205-615A-4837-BB7D-63A061C93F7C.jpeg

2B060B68-2A8D-45EF-9DE9-D2C284CD3F9D.jpeg

Edited by Dangrowthfactor

• Administrators

I haven't heard of the clinic before, but thanks for posting. I'll be following your journey closely. Happy growing 🙂

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like pretty clean work.  Keep us posted going forward.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi everyone! Thank you for hanging in- decided to let this settle and ready to share the updates!

These pics are seven days after the surgery. I followed dr protocols closely first 5 days. Swelling occurred on 3-4 day as I was told would happen. There was some redness nothing to worry about though. 

01204686-16BA-42CD-8BAF-8105E4502679.thumb.jpeg.cdd386c2b5d807b360ac46dca6f13609.jpeg

F31C39E4-44D4-472F-B27E-9C7804AA6596.png

FD684AE5-AECA-45C2-AF92-01A5A15D8648.jpeg

After 14 days, area feels good. I am using my own shampoo. Reminder I am on finasteride and use minoxidil. I started to use minoxidil on crown of my head again on day 5. I also started working out again lifting weights day 5. 

Minoxidil supposedly will not help to much with new transplant, it could cause increase redness in area. I gently apply a little minoxidil to the transplant area twice a day still. 

EBC94D91-4573-4910-A482-32A8D0B760DB.jpeg

4815E29E-3B7C-45EE-9513-E9437364749A.jpeg

5BFF2DAA-B0BC-4119-9327-7D3D6860305B.jpeg

Looking good!  The redness appears to be fading as expected.  Looking forward to the pictures 3-4 months from now.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks! Yes, the redness is slowly going away.Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for great growth in the next 3-4 months.

It’s strange I can feel the hairline. Like, it feels as though I have hair at the new hairline and temples- the sensation of hair is very cool - been over a decade since been that low. 

Next photos will come at month two. (May 10th, 2020)

also note- I forgot to mention- about a week after I started using minoxidil again I started supplementing with 10,000mg biotin with my finasteride. 

• Administrators

Everything is looking good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking good.  You have lots to look forward to.  If you want to track your progress and compare with others. I chronicled my whole journey at my website below.  Happy growing. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

Looking good.  You have lots to look forward to.  If you want to track your progress and compare with others. I chronicled my whole journey at my website below.  Happy growing. 

John not sure if u got my previous message but your link and website do not work

• Like 1

Thanks John! I’m hoping all is going well. I need a haircut haven’t had one. 

Haircut will make a huge difference for the look. May have some shock loss in crown. I believe the phase I’m in now is what they call the “ugly duckling phase” ? 

Fingers crossed appreciate the feedback guys 💪🏻

Actually making a retraction of shock-loss statement. What happens when you go through this procedure is natural and probably happens to many. Mindset is important to address- apart from the pics, growth, progress. Here’s what I’m doing for my head.
Here are some things I noticed in myself: 

1. you see things you didn’t notice before. Because A. You become hyper focused on your hair ( growth, sensation ect. And rightfully so, for many reasons) 

2. you might have some denial about what you see. My hairloss at crown must have been worse than I perceived even though improved with finasteride/ minoxidil 1,2 punch. I never had my hair shaved/ buzzed to see. 

I am excited to see change coming, I’m also going to work on my mindset: 

1. will try to look in mirror less to check hair

2. Will set my focus to what’s happening internally, less focus on hair and external.  I believe appearance is important- not saying go around disheveled 😂 I believe taking care of your appearance shows some good values, self care, self love/respect. I mean apart from that preparedness, or ritual Actions  to maintain/ improve- it’s okay to stop there- focus on feeling good about yourself, accepting myself, building confidence in other ways. These parts need to grow together. I don’t want to feel insecure until my hairlines restored. I want to remind myself to feel good and know that it will be better and the sexy level will be turned up 😂 
3. Practice awareness of when I might start obsessing over the hair. Stop myself, meditate, and move forward to something else. 

I’m curious as to how others experience greater self awareness as a result of focusing so much. Almost self isolating at the initial phase of the surgery. What goes through other guys minds ? Where is the mindset ? 

Taking the time to build awareness of your mental patterns- should be mentioned as an important part of post surgery recovery. I think this procedure can be a stepping stone to some awesome personal development. 

Thoughts?

• Like 2

You’re absolutely right about being more aware of more minor imperfections. After a ht many of us hyper examine everything. I was finding weaknesses in areas I never paid attention to before. I think it’s normal but can become very unhealthy and lead to BDD-like behavior. You seem to have a good mindset towards it all. @Melvin-Moderator recently made a great post with the main message being “hair transplants are not perfect” which is very true

• Like 1

Thank you LonleyGraft for your comment. I am trying to stay aware of my mindset. 

That must have been a tough experience, I can relate as I noticed I was becoming a little to hyper vigilant. 

I will check for @Melvin-Moderator post, it sounds great. 

They say expectations are the first step towards disappointment.  Your right HT are not perfect-from the onset I have been aware that it will never achieve perfect look.  Having faith for a best outcome is great- after the surgery-that rests in the behaviors/action you CAN control. Taking an inventory of what you CAN control is a good step I have taken to allow myself to not worry as much. 

Finding a balance takes effort to be mindful. 

Thanks for your input! 

• Like 1

One thing to note when looking at pics of yourself, or observing others is angle of the shot/posture. Top photo camera is pointed directly at my head, slightly angled up.  The bottom I am In different position/ posture less of an angle. Plus post op swelling.