Anyone know any good Hair Transplant clinics in Ireland/UK

Coady

Hello @Coady . Great Question. After carrying out extensive researching in Ireland and The UK , I discovered that there is much better doctors elsewhere outside of Ireland and the UK that are showing much better results on a consistent basis. I travelled to world class doctors @Eugenix Hair Science in India.

It's very important to note that distance and price should not come into your decision making. You have a finite amount doner grafts, they definately need to be managed very carefully , and used as well as possible. Don't make the mistake of not looking further , you could very well regret it later.

My advice would be to do as much research as possible and take your time.

....Paddy...

@Coady get on a quick flight to Porto and book @Dr. Bruno Ferreira (same time zone 😉).

Edited by Portugal25

If you consider having surgery in UK, I am sure you can have surgery everywhere if pricing is your issue (UK Is typically expensive).

I recommend to look though this and other forums and look for patient results which you like. After a couple of weeks/month you know the best clinics and then you should start to consult some of them. 

Good luck. 

If I absolutely had to choose one in the UK it’d be dr reddy, but tbh I wouldn’t go with a UK surgeon, they are miles behind in terms of results and their prices are typically sky high, I made the mistake of having my first surgery in the UK and in hindsight that wasn’t a great decision... hairline like a flip flop and the density of a bag of feathers... and the only major change was in my bank balance 😂

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone for your replys 

portugal25 would you have any before and after pics for your procedure ?

Gasthoerer I have a good bit saved around 12k do you think all the clinics in the uk would be good enough? Yes I am doing loads of research so hopefully get the right one thanks.

aftermath, what clinic did u go to ? Yeah I am thinking of going to a consultation with him and also maitland clinic heard they are good too

@Coady you can check my results thread below.  I went with Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft) which is 2 flights away and in a unpleasant city but he is the best for beard mega sessions and is getting amazing results with manual FUE and Stick&Place. He does filter patients so if you have thin or miniaturized hair he might not accept you as patient or abort the surgery after checking some grafts  if he thinks he won’t be able to give you a great result. 

If you are looking for a great Doctor that is affordable, close to you and achieving world class results then it’s Dr. Bruno Ferreira. 
He has his own clinic in Porto (2.5€/graft) but also works in Madrid as the medical assistant of Dr. Lorenzo (one of the best in the world but there you pay 5€/graft).

Edited by Portugal25

1 hour ago, Coady said:

Thanks everyone for your replys 

portugal25 would you have any before and after pics for your procedure ?

Gasthoerer I have a good bit saved around 12k do you think all the clinics in the uk would be good enough? Yes I am doing loads of research so hopefully get the right one thanks.

aftermath, what clinic did u go to ? Yeah I am thinking of going to a consultation with him and also maitland clinic heard they are good too

Farjo in Manchester 

How much a graft does dr reddy charge would you have any idea ? Seen a few results from uk hair transplant clinic looked decent enough, ever heard of them ? What clinics would u suggest then paddy ? 

1 minute ago, Coady said:

How much a graft does dr reddy charge would you have any idea ? Seen a few results from uk hair transplant clinic looked decent enough, ever heard of them ? What clinics would u suggest then paddy ? 

Out of interest why are you only interested in UK surgeons? 

11 minutes ago, Coady said:

It’s just more convenient. 

Surely there’s a few good doctors in the uk how could all of them be so bad. 

There aren’t world class doctors in the field in the uk. I’m from the UK and made the mistake you’re about to make on my first op so I travelled to Vancouver after that, doesn’t get much further away but I’d 100% do it again. There are surgeons closer though that are considered world class, one of which is Lorenzo in Madrid 

39 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

There aren’t world class doctors in the field in the uk. I’m from the UK and made the mistake you’re about to make on my first op so I travelled to Vancouver after that, doesn’t get much further away but I’d 100% do it again. There are surgeons closer though that are considered world class, one of which is Lorenzo in Madrid 

I totally agree with @Aftermath and Lorenzo is one of the best FUE doctors in the world.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:07 PM, Coady said:

It’s just more convenient. 

Surely there’s a few good doctors in the uk how could all of them be so bad. 

Hi Coady,

I decided to have my surgery with Dr Ball at the Maitland Clinic in Portsmouth.

I took my time, researched, asked pertinent questions during consultations and went with who I thought was best for me.

I had my surgery last Friday and although I can’t speak for the results yet, I’m delighted with these very early stages.

If you would like to know more feel free to give me a shout.

Cheers.

Hi Hairo 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes  I was interested in him and seen he has Very good results. 

He has a very long waiting list doh nearly 9 months so I might look somewhere else which is annoying 😂

Coady

You have received pretty good advice from everybody to be honest.

Dr Ball is great if you are decided on staying in the UK.

However, it would be a little naive and unfortunate if you did not consider physicians outside of the UK. I appreciate that it would be more convenient, but convenience will not even come to mind when you are looking at the result of your decision for the rest of your life. Trying to "hide" a poor surgery result is definitely not convenient either!

You seem like you have the right mentality in regards to understanding the need for a quality surgeon.  I wish you all the best.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Stay away from the UK clinics. Belgium is probably the best for highest concentration of price-quality ratio. There are the Spanish doctors too, but the waiting lists are insane. You can try Dra Ximena Vila in Spain who used to work with Dr Lorenzo, mentioned above, and did his transplant for him - not seen her work though but you can check her out. I went with Hattingen Hair in Switzerland after consulting with the usual suspects in Belgium, Dr Feriduni was the best of the Belgian lot and is definitely worth considering - great guy, consistent great results. I would check out Hattingen, Feriduni and if you are interested, Vila (but as I said, I only spoke to her, I haven't seen her work to comment on)

Edited by TrixGlendevon

• 3 months later...

I completely agree about the fantastic clinics overseas, but will future travel be quite the obstacle for us all now? (those in the UK)

I did wonder about other countries, as costs are review are fantastic for the select clinics. How would it work out for follow up appointments etc.. treatments and suchlike, thats where the savings could disappear. 

Food for thought, wondered what other thoughts are on this. (sorry for jumping in on the thread)