3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

Erdogan charges 2.5 euros a graft ,we all know in an ideal world money shouldn't be a factor when choosing a hair transplant Doc  but a lot of guys especially high NW's would never be able to afford the prices the top Docs charge ,good luck to those who can afford it ,luckily there are Drs out there who   consistently get good results who are affordable  like Dr Bhatti , Dr Erdogan and a few others .

Edited by Mick50

3 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

You genuinely sound like a shill from a rival clinic trying to trash them, your comments are that bad and disingenuous.

"When you travel on airplane to another country and spend big money (relatively) for the procedure you expect more attention from this big shot doctor. You expect the doctor to involve his hands on the work more."

They're a third of the price of typical US FUE rates, and not all US surgeons including some top names like Diep (more than triple the price) do extractions either. Lorenzo and Feriduni who no one would suggest aren't at the top level for FUE aren't involved in the extractions or implantations for example also.  You and OP keep talking about the money you're paying and that he should have chosen someone like Konior (who is three times the price) , the reality is that if you think ASMED is expensive he could have under no circumstances afforded Konior to begin with. If you want a more tailored approach then pay triple the price for Konior like you say you would have preferred, but don't act like you weren't aware Erdogan doesn't do extractions or implantations or that it wouldn't have indeed cost you three times as much.

"I don’t trust young technicians regardless of the clinic big name."

Do you actually know what happens during a hair transplant or the skills required specifically in extractions and implantations? This is as blatantly moronic as saying that you don't trust world cup soccer players because they aren't in their forties or fifties. The skills required for hair transplant extractions or implantations don't relate to age and they don't require a medical degree. 

"Please read patient’s words carefully to understand where his worries are coming from."

His worries are coming from himself because up to this point nothing he has said is atypical or shows a lack of care from the clinic. It's complaining and worrying for the sake of it, he even lied when posting his "4 month photos" by doing so over a week before the actual date, and then denied this despite the dates being clearly there for anyone to see in the thread. He could have spent three times the price for Konior and I guarantee you he'd still be complaining.

Give it a rest man. I admitted my mistake in posting early yet you keep driving this point to make it look like I have sinister motives? I removed a post where I was overly harsh on the clinic, I stand by everything else, lets see how it looks in 1.5 months.

I wouldn't complain if I had actual contact with the doctor and could talk to him personally.

It feels like I stepped on a conveyor belt and went through Erdogans FUE-factory, which might be fine for some, but I would have needed a more personal experience.

Edited by Payam

I will just ignore the accusations of me not being a genuine as it’s moderators job to enforce the forum guidelines. Instead I will correct some false arguments here.

First, when we talk money, you cannot compare it between doctors’ on the international level. Yes you can compare between their skills. But the prices of each are basically tied with the local economy. The wages and living costs in the states and europe are much higher. That’s why I have clearly said Dr. Koray is relatively expensive as all we know you can spend way less in other LOCAL clinics. On top of that who would travel to Turkey if ASMED price was close to the top notch ones in Europe and US? Why spend money and time on transportation and accommodation while I can get same nice work locally? ( or even better because they definitely spend more than 10 minutes with the patient). With regards to OP regrets not going for another clinic it has nothing to do with what I wrote as it is his own opinion. It’s very clear what I was criticizing up there.

Second and last, the example of soccer players is really hilarious. Soccer players go to youth soccer academy to enhance their skills gradually (at least 8 years) before going to professional level and play world cup in their twenties. I didn’t know that there are youth academies for hair grafts extraction and insertion in Turkey. Haha. Some say I was agest. I was talking about the technician hands on experience. How many years or number of HT surgery those young ladies train their skills? It is very important to add this pressing question before going under any surgeon knife. The surgeon I had my HT with answered me this saying that the last member joined his technicians team was 7 years ago. I simply don’t trust new hands on business messing with my head . Hope it’s clear.

Again, Dr. Koray and any other Dr that considered top notch should spend more time with patient and have more involvement. This is my genuine message.

1 hour ago, 2941grafts said:

I will just ignore the accusations of me not being a genuine as it’s moderators job to enforce the forum guidelines. Instead I will correct some false arguments here.

First, when we talk money, you cannot compare it between doctors’ on the international level. Yes you can compare between their skills. But the prices of each are basically tied with the local economy. The wages and living costs in the states and europe are much higher. That’s why I have clearly said Dr. Koray is relatively expensive as all we know you can spend way less in other LOCAL clinics. On top of that who would travel to Turkey if ASMED price was close to the top notch ones in Europe and US? Why spend money and time on transportation and accommodation while I can get same nice work locally? ( or even better because they definitely spend more than 10 minutes with the patient). With regards to OP regrets not going for another clinic it has nothing to do with what I wrote as it is his own opinion. It’s very clear what I was criticizing up there.

Second and last, the example of soccer players is really hilarious. Soccer players go to youth soccer academy to enhance their skills gradually (at least 8 years) before going to professional level and play world cup in their twenties. I didn’t know that there are youth academies for hair grafts extraction and insertion in Turkey. Haha. Some say I was agest. I was talking about the technician hands on experience. How many years or number of HT surgery those young ladies train their skills? It is very important to add this pressing question before going under any surgeon knife. The surgeon I had my HT with answered me this saying that the last member joined his technicians team was 7 years ago. I simply don’t trust new hands on business messing with my head . Hope it’s clear.

Again, Dr. Koray and any other Dr that considered top notch should spend more time with patient and have more involvement. This is my genuine message.

I addressed your troll level points earlier so won't bother to read this because I already know you'll have nothing of note to say and clearly aren't rational, but just thought I'd point out that increasing the text size doesn't make whatever you wrote any more legitimate, just more childish than you already sounded to begin with.

8 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

I addressed your troll level points earlier so won't bother to read this because I already know you'll have nothing of note to say and clearly aren't rational, but just thought I'd point out that increasing the text size doesn't make whatever you wrote any more legitimate, just more childish than you already sounded to begin with.

too much propecia bro.. you need to cut it down.. relax

• Administrators

Guys, 

We need to remain respectful, this conversation is completely de-railing this thread, it is time to end this discussion on this thread, if any of you want to continue this conversation you can private message eachother. 

Warm regards-Melvin

• Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HI payam, I have just done 4 months with Koray and to be honest we look pretty much similar. You can see my pictures there; 

Let me know what you think replying this topic. :)

On 7/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, pancake said:

HI payam, I have just done 4 months with Koray and to be honest we look pretty much similar. You can see my pictures there; 

Let me know what you think replying this topic. :)

Definitely look better off than me mate, hoping you get a good result.

Edited by Payam

About a week from my 5 month mark, here are some pictures after a day when my hair is a bit oily. Really depressing so far.. hanging in there but the realistic side of me is taking over, once again sporting a comb over and deathly afraid of wind ?

IMG_20180807_170342.jpg

IMG_20180807_165945.jpg

Understandable why you're a little agitated. Wouldn't make any hard judgement until at least the 6-7 month mark though.

• Administrators

5 months is still very early, there’s definite improvement. Try not to focus on your hair daily or weekly. Happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi payam,

Still very early days, way too early to make any judgement. As has been said many times we all react differently to the HT and recovery rates vary. I'm 9.5 months and still finding new very thin hairs I have not seen before -  that will hopefully improve in calibre over the next few months. This really is a marathon, not a sprint. I wish you all the best, try and be a bit more positive. ?

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

59 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

Understandable why you're a little agitated. Wouldn't make any hard judgement until at least the 6-7 month mark though.

What are my options after that? I know I have to wait at least 12 months, but wait times for surgeons are so long I want to set things in motion right now, I am looking at surgeons that are skilled at touch ups and really makes the most of your grafts as I only have 4000 left.. if price is not an issue, who is the best? I keep hearing couto but I can't find many patient testimonials. Maybe konoir in the US or de freitas? Someone that does all the work himself or has at most one team of highly experienced techs.

42 minutes ago, HG1 said:

Hi payam,

Still very early days, way too early to make any judgement. As has been said many times we all react differently to the HT and recovery rates vary. I'm 9.5 months and still finding new very thin hairs I have not seen before -  that will hopefully improve in calibre over the next few months. This really is a marathon, not a sprint. I wish you all the best, try and be a bit more positive. ?

I realize this, but the reality is I don't see many places with new sprouts.. there are these big islands of poor/no growth, they are visible in the pictures. I am even more worried over the fact that the clinic doesn't seem to acknowledge I have sub par growth. I mean whatever happens in the future, surely we can at least call my growth sub par at this stage? Have you seen a single result that was this bad and ended in something good? I would even take average at this point..

Edited by Payam

36 minutes ago, Payam said:

I realize this, but the reality is I don't see many places with new sprouts.. there are these big islands of poor/no growth, they are visible in the pictures. I am even more worried over the fact that the clinic doesn't seem to acknowledge I have sub par growth. I mean whatever happens in the future, surely we can at least call my growth sub par at this stage? Have you seen a single result that was this bad and ended in something good? I would even take average at this point..

No clinic will admit your transplant is subpar    at only 5 months when the grafts in reality are only beginning to grow, remember everyone grows at different rates ,even if you have poor growth at the 7-8 month  point you wont get any clinic to hold their hands up and say it's a failure .If at the year mark and there's not a satisfactory improvement I  would expect Dr Erdogan to address your concerns and offer you a free touch up at the very least, whether you would accept it is another matter .

I will have a look at my 5 month pics to compare to yours, hang in there I have seen cases where the growth doesn't really kick in til the  6 or 7 month, of course we can all understand your concern and hoping things improve for you .

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

No clinic will admit to a subpar at only 5 months when the grafts in reality are only beginning to grow ,even if you have poor growth at the 7-8 month  point you wont get any clinic to hold their hands up and say it's a failure .If at the year mark and there's not a satisfactory improvement I  would expect Dr Erdogan to address your concerns and offer you a free touch up at the very least, whether you would accept it is another matter .

I will have a look at my 5 month pics to compare to yours, hang in there I have seen cases where the growth doesn't really kick in til the  6 or 7 month, of course we can all understand your concern and hoping things improve for you .

I suppose you are right, my coordinator did say this though: "Asmed has 90% of guarantee for hair growth. But this rate changes from patient to patient." Which I guess is kind of hinting that my progress isn't ideal. Can you please share these cases, because out if the probably hundreds I have looked at, progress like mine only resulted in failure.

22 minutes ago, Payam said:

I suppose you are right, my coordinator did say this though: "Asmed has 90% of guarantee for hair growth. But this rate changes from patient to patient." Which I guess is kind of hinting that my progress isn't ideal. Can you please share these cases, because out if the probably hundreds I have looked at, progress like mine only resulted in failure.

I have been on this forum for over 3.5 years and I remember a few cases like yours where the patient was very anxious at 5 months but things improved greatly by 7-8 months ,I cannot off hand pinpoint those cases , and in general  I agree the really  fantastic results have good early growth ,but how typical their growth is or how typical your growth is I have no idea, the bottom line is you went to a good clinic OK it has a lot of tech involvement  but they are well trained and the Doc did the incisions  which I believe is the most important aspect  of a hair transplant. I know you feel it's easy for us to say but remember a lot of us have been through the waiting game and we all know it's hard to handle especially if you are a slow grower .

Most of us on this site know the difference between perfectly satisfactory result and a patient who had unrealistic  expectations and a patient who has a genuine subpar result, if you are the latter I'm sure  you will receive  plenty of support from the clinic and this site 

37 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

I have been on this forum for over 3.5 years and I remember a few cases like yours where the patient was very anxious at 5 months but things improved greatly by 7-8 months ,I cannot off hand pinpoint those cases , and in general  I agree the really  fantastic results have good early growth ,but how typical their growth is or how typical your growth is I have no idea, the bottom line is you went to a good clinic OK it has a lot of tech involvement  but they are well trained and the Doc did the incisions  which I believe is the most important aspect  of a hair transplant. I know you feel it's easy for us to say but remember a lot of us have been through the waiting game and we all know it's hard to handle especially if you are a slow grower .

Most of us on this site know the difference between perfectly satisfactory result and a patient who had unrealistic  expectations and a patient who has a genuine subpar result, if you are the latter I'm sure  you will receive  plenty of support from the clinic and this site 

Thanks for the support, really people have been incredibly supportive here and i am grateful for that. I can't do anything about what is happening on my head right now, i try to manage the anxiety and depression as i begin to realize the possible trajectories of this transplant. It is very difficult but ventilating on this forum has helped a lot. 

12 minutes ago, Jammerz said:

Hi mate

id still be hoping for more growth at this stage, can you upload a pic of it styled better mate instead of trying to show us so we can see how your looking now out and about 

Sure man but I haven't had a haircut and, my hair is oily (this is how it looks at night if I shower in the morning the same day) so it looks worse than normal, usually covers better out of the shower, I mostly wear a  cap though as it is sunny outside and I hate having to comb my hair forward to cover it. I just think that hairstyle looks bad at work, id rather look balding. I was considering shaving it but afraid of there being a gap from the transplanted hairline to the native hair? The side where the hair is slicked towards is a bit more covered with newly washed dry hair and if I take some time to style it.

IMG_20180807_215245.jpg

IMG_20180807_215218.jpg

IMG_20180807_215141.jpg

2 hours ago, Payam said:

2 hours ago, Payam said:

Payam,

Dr Koray clearly explained to me that the cycle takes a minimum of 12 months, but in cases up to 18 months to fully mature. It's like everything in life, people are so similar but equally so different. Some believe a successful HT depends on a number of factors for the individual. These include  genetics, age, post Op regime, general health etc etc. The only thing that can be really considered consistent is the quality of the work undertaken by the clinic. It's clear the staff at Asmed are at the top of their game and highly experienced. I chose Asmed because of the consistency of their results. You can find literally hundreds of patients who had a successful outcome there. I'm sure there are a few that haven't, but these are few and far apart. No Dr will declare a HT a failure at 5 months as pointed out, just ride the storm and please try not to stress yourself too much. I would suggest reading Deb1982 journey, he was so stressed at times - almost having kittens. He had a fantastic result. 

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Your hairstyle looked better before surgery .. maybe it’s a bad sign that u got the flu right after surgery .. either way ,, u probably get more growth but u going to need a 2nd surgery for density to the temples .. all is not lost .. u still got 5000 grafts to fix things .. at least u didn’t get long lasting redness , cobblestoning , or necrosis .. just not great growth .. got to look at the positive and plan for the next step .. 

16 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Your hairstyle looked better before surgery .. maybe it’s a bad sign that u got the flu right after surgery .. either way ,, u probably get more growth but u going to need a 2nd surgery for density to the temples .. all is not lost .. u still got 5000 grafts to fix things .. at least u didn’t get long lasting redness , cobblestoning , or necrosis .. just not great growth .. got to look at the positive and plan for the next step .. 

Yes, i have been considering this point as well. I had a 39 degree fever (borrowed a thermometer from the hotel lobby) on the night of the second (crown) surgery but the clinic said it was normal. It completely vanished the day after and i felt fine, no lingering sensation at all.

As for my hairstyle pre op, im not sure i agree on that point, it doesn't look good now but i don't think it looked good before either in my personal opinion, i mean thats why i did the transplant to begin with, also i can style it better than that when it is dry after a shower. I can't have it slicked back though which is what im hoping for eventually

Edited by Payam

Mate honestly your hair doesn’t look that bad, mine is also very thin at the front I just brush it to the side and it looks abit better, we still have a long way to go and if I see you on the street the last thing I would think of is that you had terrible hair mate 

Just now, Jammerz said:

Mate honestly your hair doesn’t look that bad, mine is also very thin at the front I just brush it to the side and it looks abit better, we still have a long way to go and if I see you on the street the last thing I would think of is that you had terrible hair mate 

Thank you for the kind words man, i am very envious of your results , i think it looks fantastic and clearly a knockout progress. I can style it better than that when its dry and clean like i said, it was rushed, and my front looks like it is growing according to scedule at least. I live in a very windy city though so going outside without a cap really isnt an option until i can wear gel or spray next month to keep it in place.