3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

27 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

Please post photos everytime you are updating us about the progress or lack of. It is a pointless debate if we can't see the latest photos.

Yes I will of course, but will hold off until month six which is 20 days from now

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Payam said:

Yeah since the surgery ive had milsd seb derm and dry scalp but nothing major, its pretty normal from what ive read, I am using fungoral twice a week and an anti dandruff shampoo for it, why do you ask?

Oh ok, so it wasn’t preexisting? I’ve heard doctors like bisanga claim that scalp issues like seb derm need to be controlled prior to surgery or it can affect the outcome. I’d imagine it would have to be quite severe however. I don’t think your pre op pics show a bad scalp condition either.

14 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Oh ok, so it wasn’t preexisting? I’ve heard doctors like bisanga claim that scalp issues like seb derm need to be controlled prior to surgery or it can affect the outcome. I’d imagine it would have to be quite severe however. I don’t think your pre op pics show a bad scalp condition either.

I see, can't say I've had issues before, and its pretty minor now and doesn't bother be, although I am using fungoral and anti dandruff shampoos now, even without its not much of an issue and normal from what I've read. Wouldn't the clinic have told/warned me if I had any scalp issues that might negatively impact the transplant? 

5 hours ago, Payam said:

I see, can't say I've had issues before, and its pretty minor now and doesn't bother be, although I am using fungoral and anti dandruff shampoos now, even without its not much of an issue and normal from what I've read. Wouldn't the clinic have told/warned me if I had any scalp issues that might negatively impact the transplant? 

This is all about being fully informed by clinic.  Doctors should not do any procedure on anyone if they feel there is an issue that may be detrimental to the results.  If there is an issue and surgery is performed, then there really was no issue in the first place.  Besides, I saw a result by Dr Devroye  that the patient had something on scalp, however, still had a decent growth.  I believe Dr Devroye did the case efficiently and with proper protocol.  Here it is for reference:

9 hours ago, Sean said:

This is all about being fully informed by clinic.  Doctors should not do any procedure on anyone if they feel there is an issue that may be detrimental to the results.  If there is an issue and surgery is performed, then there really was no issue in the first place.  Besides, I saw a result by Dr Devroye  that the patient had something on scalp, however, still had a decent growth.  I believe Dr Devroye did the case efficiently and with proper protocol.  Here it is for reference:

Seems very ethical, I will check his work out for sure. The whole thing is just infuriating to be honest, I can see something is not right, there are no sprouts in the low density areas, not sure what I'm waiting for here, wish I could show someone in real life. What has sprouted compared to my immediate post op is like night and day, I will schedule an appointment with a reputed clinic at 12 months to see exactly what my yield was, but based on what I'm seeing right now it's not looking good. How many months of potential sprouts do I have left?

1 hour ago, FarsanUk said:

You're only 6 months post op

You still got till 10 months of sprouting. You have to give it till 10 months before you can say what ever will be grown out has grown. After that hair still matures overbthr next 6 - 8 months. 

10 months? This is the first ive heard of this, could you give a source please as most I've read state 6 months and maturation after that?

• Thanks 1

Contact just about every surgeon in the world they will tell you the same thing.. 6 months is too early to start thinking has it worked or not. People will develop their result at different times some quicker than others and just because you've seen other people at 6 months who look really good doesn't mean you should at the same time either. If you do enough research speak to enough experts in the field whom are also on this forum who have dealt with thousands of cases over many years they will tell you the same thing. The fact that you said this is the first you heard about this proves that you havnt researched the topic at all either before or after surgery.

Edited by FarsanUk

On 8/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, Sean said:

I'm still shedding a ton of hair, I don't know why. None have a white bulb at the end, some have dry skin the end and others just a small black bit/bulb.. what does this mean? Am I still experiencing the fin shed (5.5 months) or could it be due to the dry scalp? My scalp isn't that itchy. Really hope it stops soon as I am getting noticeably thinner on the top of my head now, will show picture of the shed hairs later

Edit: added pictures, some of the hair is coming out out in 2's and 3's, I think its mostly/all from the mid scalp as my crown isn't looking worse. I am using ketaconazol like Nizoral twice a week and a mild anti dandruff shampoo (Daxxin) every day. I have not been using either for two weeks now to see if it would affect my shedding but it did not stop it, so perhaps I am in my current normal shedding phase? So hard to know

IMG_20180829_055013.jpg

IMG_20180829_054854.jpg

Edited by Payam

On 8/26/2018 at 12:21 PM, FarsanUk said:

Contact just about every surgeon in the world they will tell you the same thing.. 6 months is too early to start thinking has it worked or not. People will develop their result at different times some quicker than others and just because you've seen other people at 6 months who look really good doesn't mean you should at the same time either. If you do enough research speak to enough experts in the field whom are also on this forum who have dealt with thousands of cases over many years they will tell you the same thing. The fact that you said this is the first you heard about this proves that you havnt researched the topic at all either before or after surgery.

10 months of sprouting goes against anything I've ever read, so please show.e a source on this. I believe you are talking about growth in general, 6 months is not too early to determine where the growth is weak and I can see weak patches where there has been no sprouts all over my recipient.

A little over a week from my six month mark and its not looking very good =( don't think it will fill in much more based on the last couple of weeks, at least I can't see many sprouts and the hair that grew looks relatively thick. I added a line to show where the hairline was supposed to go. The front looks relatively nice, it might be good with some maturation, but the temples are disasters right now, it's so disheartening and depressing to think this is my progress after 2800 grafts, does this not look worrying at 10 days short of 6 months? 

IMG_20180903_093203.jpg

IMG_20180903_093312.jpg

IMG_20180903_095414.jpg

• Administrators

Based on these pictures, it appears to be sparse, but it also looks like you have spread apart your hairline. Do you mind posting a picture of your hair combed to the side? Also, can we see the front? 

In all honesty, you’ve been expecting to fail ever since the third month. At this point, even if you had a satisfactory result I doubt it would satisfy you. If you have had your entire hairline lowered, it’s only fair to provide pictures of your entire hairline not just the temples, we need to judge the entire result. Even so, 6 months is still to early to make judgements.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:24 PM, Legend007 said:

Well like jean said from the beginning payam was going to be a surgeons worse nightmare .. 

u really should of done more research ,, if u did u would of known he’s a tech driven clinic . 

but at least he got doctor erdogan to come on here to let us know how his techs are trained .. which is really helpful .. I feel more comfortable going to erdogans clinic after that ..  

payam u set ur self up for a lot of grief and anxiety by ur negative outlook from ur surgery from the very beginning .. u have to have faith n confidence on ur doctor .. 

They not going to want to help u if u get a bad outcome if u continue to be so negative towards them ..  still wishing u the best though .. keep us updated .. 

Hey 007

where is the post where erdogan explains the tech training? I can’t seem to find it

Yeah I looked on this post too .. it’s not there .. It could be on the post of rewethereyet.. I’m sure someone can direct u to it .. it was only a month ago I think .. I’m on vacation right now ,. Don’t really want to go through the posts .. 

p.s. Payam if u got ur hairline lowered by that much .. ur hairline seems pretty dense . just the temples are weak .. n if it remains weak , it’s fixable with a second pass .. look at pics pre-op u were thinning n receding quite a bit ..  now u  have a good base to work with .. 

Edited by Legend007

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Based on these pictures, it appears to be sparse, but it also looks like you have spread apart your hairline. Do you mind posting a picture of your hair combed to the side? Also, can we see the front? 

In all honesty, you’ve been expecting to fail ever since the third month. At this point, even if you had a satisfactory result I doubt it would satisfy you. If you have had your entire hairline lowered, it’s only fair to provide pictures of your entire hairline not just the temples, we need to judge the entire result. Even so, 6 months is still to early to make judgements.

That picture was after combing it, and here is the other side, which is virtually uncombable as the density is too low. The front is fine though, I think growth there is as expected, but the temples.. best I can do is to hide it with my native hair, its impossible to comb it in any direction right now. If one side had good growth at least I would be able to slick my hair to cover the other side, what do you do when both sides are bad? I will take more pics from afar on the sides and front since the clinic is asking for it.

IMG_20180904_224945.jpg

Edited by Payam

9 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

yeah sorry man. that does look pretty bad... i know it’s hard to keep hearing “give it a few more months” but that’s all you can really do for now. no surgeon will touch you until 12 months. can you buzz it?

Yeah I know, trying to keep it together mentally and not let it affect my relationship and work etc, I'm still hoping it will improve in the coming months of course. Afraid it will look worse if I buzz since the very front hairline is more dense than what's behind it up to the native hairline. Kind of like david silva.

im trying to match the graft placement in your first post in this thread to the results you are seeing today. It looks like a full frontal band was implanted in your hairline, but you have a tuff at the front of your hairline. did that part grow...?

also it looks like you got grafts in the crown area as well. how is that looking?

• Administrators

Payam,

At 6 months, it could be that the temples are lagging behind the front. This does occur and happens quite often. As I said, it's too early to call anything a failure, if at 12 months your results do not change, I will personally contact Dr. Erdogan on your behalf. Until then, I suggest posting pictures of your full results, because members are already wondering how the rest of the grafts are growing.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:53 PM, Payam said:

10 months of sprouting goes against anything I've ever read, so please show.e a source on this. I believe you are talking about growth in general, 6 months is not too early to determine where the growth is weak and I can see weak patches where there has been no sprouts all over my recipient.

As many have said, 6 months is still early. I know it's not what you want to hear, but since it would be way too soon for a second procedure, the best thing you can do is just be patient, it can only get better from here. You need to give your scalp at the very least 8 months to heal before doing another procedure and that's already pushing it. I'm at almost 9 months and I'm not satisfied with my results so far either but I know the only thing I can do now is just wait it out a few more months and see if it improves. I spoke with my doctor about my density concern and he was very comforting about it and encouraged a touch up if it doesn't get better. 10 months of sprouting is not rare, I've seen some sprouting after month 8 in my own case , so it's very possible you can have another growth surge in the upcoming months. If there's no real improvement in a couple of more months, consult with your doctor and I'm sure he'll be open and upfront about expectations and if there is any needed touch ups. 

Edited by newpatient99

Payam,  thanks for posting pics.  In the current state, I can see your concerns.  In the next two-three months, it will be more clear.  By the 12 month, I think a final judgement could be considered.  

Right now, as it stands, the area does look sparse with gaps and unnatural transitions in density.  However, no one knows for sure how much impact or change can occur in the next 2-3 months.  At this point, I would highly recommend ongoing documentation with clear photos that show progress.  

In the end, I hope your goals are answered and you will be able to style your hair as you desired based on your doctor consults and communications.  It’s clear you got this procedure to look natural without any issues in public.  Best of luck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Payam

can u show a pic from the top with your hair slicked back wet if possible? This will prob give the best representation of your hair right now

Like this? I cant slick the left side as you can see, would need wax or gel for that. This was after a shower, added a pic of the crown as well.

IMG_20180905_094031.jpg

IMG_20180905_094702.jpg

IMG_20180905_094835.jpg

Edited by Payam

Thanks payam. It looks to me like the whole area that was transplanted is roughly the same density so far. I think you should give it some time brother. Theres still many months of possible growth and thickening. There’s really nothing else you can do at this point. Please try to remain calm my friend. I know it’s difficult as I am anxiety prone too. However my theory is the more worked up we are, the less our bodies have in terms of ability to heal and perform optimally. Try not to examine it everyday and maybe try to take pictures only once a month. I’d also advise staying off the forums during that time. Keep your scalp as healthy as you can and continue meds, try not to change anything. 

Good luck man, I’m hoping the best for ya.

• Thanks 1