3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

• Administrators

Can you post a picture of how you wear your hair daily? I’m sure you don’t wear it with the sides combed down and the middle sticking up.

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wellp, I couldn't stay away, been obsessively trying to find new sprouts in my hairline as I'm approaching the six month mark, unfortunately I'm not seeing any new sprouts in the very gappy areas. Looking at this closeup I don't know how many sprouts I would need for it not to look pluggy. What do you guys think based on this picture? Is it possible I will have enough new sprouts here to make any difference?

IMG_20180820_022126.jpg

On 8/13/2018 at 6:36 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Can you post a picture of how you wear your hair daily? I’m sure you don’t wear it with the sides combed down and the middle sticking up.

I don't style it any more, I wear a cap when I can, it's impossible to style it right now because of the low density behind the hairline I need a pretty elaborate comb over (posted some pics of this earlier) which doesn't look very good. When I can use toppik again I will style it and post pics. Hoping one day I can wear it slicked back like you

Don’t know why payam, ur case wasn’t difficult . U went to a good clinic . n u got enough grafts  for ur frontal zone .. n the work pre-op looked clean .. all the hairs seem to inserted correctly n aligned .. even ur donor looked clean  n efficient., things just didn’t grow .. this is tough .. wait a few more months n see how things play out .. then maybe erdogan will make things right with u .: they a top clinic .. with good customer service ... 

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

Don’t know why payam, ur case wasn’t difficult . U went to a good clinic . n u got enough grafts  for ur frontal zone .. n the work pre-op looked clean .. all the hairs seem to inserted correctly n aligned .. even ur donor looked clean  n efficient., things just didn’t grow .. this is tough .. wait a few more months n see how things play out .. then maybe erdogan will make things right with u .: they a top clinic .. with good customer service ... 

Thank you. It's hard not to get discouraged at this stage, I will not do anything hasty however. If my situation has not changed considerably by month 8-12 I would most likely just cut my losses and shave it off, hopefully that is ultimately still an option despite the scarring. 

Payam, wishing you the best.  Let’s see how things are at the 8-12 month range.  Hoping you get more density so that it blends with your native hairs without any issue.  Definitely know the feeling.  For some folks they are still struggling.  You are at six months and i hope next two months prosper in growth for you.  Wishing you the best bud!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Payam said:

Thank you. It's hard not to get discouraged at this stage, I will not do anything hasty however. If my situation has not changed considerably by month 8-12 I would most likely just cut my losses and shave it off, hopefully that is ultimately still an option despite the scarring. 

Why would you shave it off, you still have a seemingly thick head of hair. You’re only at 6 months and you’re already resigning yourself to failure. 

Your posting updates almost weekly, you have to wait to see progress monthly. There is progress, just not as quick as you’d like for it to happen. Also, reserve judgement until 12 months not 8 months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 8/13/2018 at 12:36 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I second this. I know you said that it’s impossible to style but it isn’t. Obviously, your hair is going to look worse than it is when you come home the transplant part down and spike the rest of it upwards. And you can’t just put a hat on and take it off and take a picture of your hair and say that you’ve gotten a bad result.

That said, I do agree that your hair does look a little thin at this stage but you are only six months post-op.   I think it’s highly unfair and unreasonable to suggest that you are seeing your final results and that it is a failure. And any other members who jumps in on this bandwagon should be ashamed of themselves. 

I get it, I really do. You want your results and you want them now. He want them fast. But hair transplant surgery is not a fast process and it takes time for your new hair to grow in.   Our veteran members should also be aware of this and should be giving you support and helping to educate you on this fact, not jumping on your bandwagon which  fortunately for you, is completely incorrect. 

No I’m not suggesting that your hair transplant will definitely turn out the way you want, I hope it does and there’s a good chance that it will. But to suggest that it’s destined to be a failure at this stage is just plain foolishness. 

I suggest giving things time, a full 12 months  before deciding whether or not you’ve gotten the results you want and expect. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Just a pointer, he's not 6 months in as everyone is saying and as he said, in that photo he's less than a week after 5 months in. Look at the date in the thread heading. When I said this poster is a liar this is what I meant, there's a difference between being anxious and agitated (as I am being 3.5 months in and anyone who has had a transplant has been at some point) and outright making things up to stir the pot, especially seeing as everyone automatically assumed the 6 month number was correct which is unfortunate. In no world is 5 months and 6 days 6 months.

Edited by JeanLDD
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Payam what was your surgery date? This should be disclosed in fairness to the community. 

View my thread

18 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Payam what was your surgery date? This should be disclosed in fairness to the community. 

It's in the title of the thread, 13th of March.

• Administrators

Payam, 

I understand you’re anxious, but saying you’re approaching 6 months when you’ve just hit 5 months is not helping you. 

I think for your sake, you should probably take a break from posting updates until you’ve actually hit the 6 month mark. Again, changes do not occur daily or weekly, they occur monthly and by monthly I mean a full 30 days. 

View my thread

Well like jean said from the beginning payam was going to be a surgeons worse nightmare .. 

u really should of done more research ,, if u did u would of known he’s a tech driven clinic . 

but at least he got doctor erdogan to come on here to let us know how his techs are trained .. which is really helpful .. I feel more comfortable going to erdogans clinic after that ..  

payam u set ur self up for a lot of grief and anxiety by ur negative outlook from ur surgery from the very beginning .. u have to have faith n confidence on ur doctor .. 

They not going to want to help u if u get a bad outcome if u continue to be so negative towards them ..  still wishing u the best though .. keep us updated .. 

5 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Just a pointer, he's not 6 months in as everyone is saying and as he said, in that photo he's less than a week after 5 months in. Look at the date in the thread heading. When I said this poster is a liar this is what I meant, there's a difference between being anxious and agitated (as I am being 3.5 months in and anyone who has had a transplant has been at some point) and outright making things up to stir the pot, especially seeing as everyone automatically assumed the 6 month number was correct which is unfortunate. In no world is 5 months and 6 days 6 months.

Why are you so adamant on discrediting me? What is your personal gain in this? I never said I was six months, I said I was approaching six months, e.g in I'm closer to six months than 0 months, this isn't hard to read from my post yet you intentionally misinterpret what I write to make me seem to have sinister motives, why? 

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Payam, 

I understand you’re anxious, but saying you’re approaching 6 months when you’ve just hit 5 months is not helping you. 

I think for your sake, you should probably take a break from posting updates until you’ve actually hit the 6 month mark. Again, changes do not occur daily or weekly, they occur monthly and by monthly I mean a full 30 days. 

What I meant is that I am approaching the half-time of my sprouting growth, I.e 6 months, my milestones are shedding (month 2), start of sprouts (month 3), end of new sprouts (month 6), maturation (month 12)

19 minutes ago, Payam said:

Why are you so adamant on discrediting me? What is your personal gain in this? I never said I was six months, I said I was approaching six months, e.g in I'm closer to six months than 0 months, this isn't hard to read from my post yet you intentionally misinterpret what I write to make me seem to have sinister motives, why? 

I don't think you have sinister motives, but unfortunately if a noob researching hair transplants  came across your posts I'm sure I would be genuinely worried by a lot of what you say and it would potentially influence people to avoid the clinic, despite a lot of your criticisms ranging from misleading to blatantly inaccurate. That isn't right.

I wouldn't have posted here again but only did so when I saw everyone was accepting the 6 month figure that was clearly misleading. Hair transplants aren't some war between careless surgeons and helpless patients like you seem to think, the clinic you went to is consistent as any that performs FUE and wanted you to have a good result, just as you would have wanted. Do them and yourself a favour and stop turning it into one.

Edited by JeanLDD

13 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

I don't think you have sinister motives, but unfortunately if a noob researching hair transplants  came across your posts I'm sure I would be genuinely worried by a lot of what you say and it would potentially influence people to avoid the clinic, despite a lot of your criticisms ranging from misleading to blatantly inaccurate. That isn't right.

I wouldn't have posted here again but only did so when I saw everyone was accepting the 6 month figure that was clearly misleading. 

I disagree that my criticism is misleading to blatantly inaccurate. I think certain things should be disclosed by them more readily (or at all), such as the 4 parallel surgeries, the very short (10-15 minutes) of interaction with the doctor, and the fact that techs do the extractions. And I don't mean vague insinuations, I mean where they clearly and concisely state these points.

2 hours ago, Payam said:

I disagree that my criticism is misleading to blatantly inaccurate. I think certain things should be disclosed by them more readily (or at all), such as the 4 parallel surgeries, the very short (10-15 minutes) of interaction with the doctor, and the fact that techs do the extractions. And I don't mean vague insinuations, I mean where they clearly and concisely state these points.

Hi Payam ,I hope you know form the tone of my previous posts on your transplant that I am sympathetic to your concerns and wish you the best ,but you really need to be more precise about dates ,5 month 1 week is not approaching 6 months in transplant parlance ,nice improvements subtle or otherwise can happen in 3 weeks especially at the point  you are now  i.e just coming out of the ugly duckling stage .

I haven't been to Asmed ,I personally think if there is any ambiguity as to who does the extractions it would actually be better for the clinic's reputation  to be totally upfront and clear about Dr Erdogans's  involvement  as that would separate  them from most of the clinics in Turkey where to say they are economical with the truth is putting it mildly  .Some of the guys who I spoke to on the phone actually thought Dr Resat   [my Doc ]   was going to perform some of the surgery ,I was aware that he wasn't   , but the advertising on Longevita who Dr  Resat was with at the time was misleading  ,surely Asmed  as a top clinic want their patients to be fully aware and clear what exactly the techs do  .

Leaving that aside I can see nothing wrong at  this point  with your transplant ,OK the temples are lagging but as I told you 5 months one week is just the beginning of the growth stage .

I have always said there are some people who are not emotionally equipped to deal with the ups and downs of a hair transplant and don't take this the wrong way Payam ,as I think you come across a genuine guy, but  you are one of them ,you have to be fair to the clinic you chose ,even with the issues you have with them , and respect the growth time-line  , if you have a below par result  at 12 months   that is a different story,  and I'm sure Dr Erdogan will work with you and plan accordingly .

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Payam said:

What I meant is that I am approaching the half-time of my sprouting growth, I.e 6 months, my milestones are shedding (month 2), start of sprouts (month 3), end of new sprouts (month 6), maturation (month 12)

Payam,

like I said I understand you’re anxious, but approaching six months would be a few days away from being six months. You just reached 5 months last week. By looking at things this way you will inevitably feel worse about you’re growth, because you’re already not giving yourself ample time.

View my thread

On 8/21/2018 at 12:02 PM, Mick50 said:

Hi Payam ,I hope you know form the tone of my previous posts on your transplant that I am sympathetic to your concerns and wish you the best ,but you really need to be more precise about dates ,5 month 1 week is not approaching 6 months in transplant parlance ,nice improvements subtle or otherwise can happen in 3 weeks especially at the point  you are now  i.e just coming out of the ugly duckling stage .

I haven't been to Asmed ,I personally think if there is any ambiguity as to who does the extractions it would actually be better for the clinic's reputation  to be totally upfront and clear about Dr Erdogans's  involvement  as that would separate  them from most of the clinics in Turkey where to say they are economical with the truth is putting it mildly  .Some of the guys who I spoke to on the phone actually thought Dr Resat   [my Doc ]   was going to perform some of the surgery ,I was aware that he wasn't   , but the advertising on Longevita who Dr  Resat was with at the time was misleading  ,surely Asmed  as a top clinic want their patients to be fully aware and clear what exactly the techs do  .

Leaving that aside I can see nothing wrong at  this point  with your transplant ,OK the temples are lagging but as I told you 5 months one week is just the beginning of the growth stage .

I have always said there are some people who are not emotionally equipped to deal with the ups and downs of a hair transplant and don't take this the wrong way Payam ,as I think you come across a genuine guy, but  you are one of them ,you have to be fair to the clinic you chose ,even with the issues you have with them , and respect the growth time-line  , if you have a below par result  at 12 months   that is a different story,  and I'm sure Dr Erdogan will work with you and plan accordingly .

I very much appreciate it mate. I realize and fully admit i am not emotionally equipped to deal with this kind of setback.. i really didn't expect it to look like this at 5 months with the number of grafts I spent and other results I've seen. Look at the 1500 graft case from Dr Nadimi on the front page at the moment, I mean if that kind of growth is max 1500 grafts In what looks like a similar area, then from your experience how many of my 2800 are currently growing would you say? 700? 1000? 

On 8/21/2018 at 5:05 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Payam,

like I said I understand you’re anxious, but approaching six months would be a few days away from being six months. You just reached 5 months last week. By looking at things this way you will inevitably feel worse about you’re growth, because you’re already not giving yourself ample time.

Fair enough man, I guess it's because it doesn't look like much is happening and that six month mark feels like it is just around the corner, when in reality its closer to 22 days away, wish it was double that at the rate things are going

Edited by Payam

2 hours ago, Payam said:

I very much appreciate it mate. I realize and fully admit i am not emotionally equipped to deal with this kind of setback.. i really didn't expect it to look like this at 5 months with the number of grafts I spent and other results I've seen. Look at the 1500 graft case from Dr Nadimi on the front page at the moment, I mean if that kind of growth is max 1500 grafts In what looks like a similar area, then from your experience how many of my 2800 are currently growing would you say? 700? 1000? 

Difficult to say how many grafts are growing, I can only speak form my own experience, and at the 5 month one week mark as you are now I could see lots of gaps and the hair-line looked as if it had too few  grafts ,but over time it took shape and thankfully most of the grafts grew and matured .

I dont know if you looked at my 3.5 year post , if you do you will see there's a big difference between the 5-6 month mark and how it finished up ,just relax, really no point in comparing to super -fast growers  that really proves nothing  . You're not going to really have an idea til the 7-8 month point how successful it will be ,even then I saw great improvements after that, thats why they say one year is when it can be evaluated properly .

5 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Payam do u suffer from any scalp issues such as seb derm, itching, flaking, heavy dandruff?

Yeah since the surgery ive had milsd seb derm and dry scalp but nothing major, its pretty normal from what ive read, I am using fungoral twice a week and an anti dandruff shampoo for it, why do you ask?