Considering Dr. Doganay for Recommendation Now That He's Made Corrections

I've been wondering whether or not we should give Dr. Doganay another chance at recommendation now that he has been much more involved in the procedure. He's been very active for a couple of years now and he has been producing excellent results. So the doctor himself is clearly excellent...he just got a little lazy in letting all of his staff handle the work.

The reality is, if there is one bad egg on the team, the whole result can get messed up. It's the doctor's job to make sure the team is optimal. Now that it is and has been for years, should we now reconsider Dr. Doganay for recommendation?

Honestly, there are so many examples of Dr. Doganay's results that it was hard to select from them. Here are a few below but I encourage you to use the "Search" feature if you want to look at the dozens (probably over 100) examples of his results posted by both patients and the clinic to see how he's improved over the last 2 years.

1300 Grafts, 12 Months Update - Posted by Patient

3500 Grafts Dr. Doganay

1810 Grafts Dr. Doganay

2800 Grafts Dr. Dogany - Recent Posted by Patient - only a few months but growing well - happy so far

3000 Grafts Dr. Doganay

3000 Grafts Dr. Doganay - different from above.

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher

Bill,

It’s been almost a year to the day since I had a HT with Dr Doganay. I must admit I had some reservations about using him due to some quite negative reviews on these forums however research led me to believe that it was due to a techs becoming involved in the implanting, something that wasn’t happening when Dr Doganay was first receiving rave reviews. Having been assured Dr Doganay would conduct all the implantation himself I went ahead with the procedure and have been extremely happy with the results. You can follow my 12 month progress and results though the following link:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185510-redemption-dr-hakan-doganay.html

More than happy to share my views and experience further with anyone interested.

Its a no from me for now as well. Its great that his quality of work is back up to his previous standards but until he makes things right with previous clients I don't think he should be anywhere near here. We had posts this year from clients saying they're trying to get in touch with the clinic to fix their botched works and the clinic was ignoring their calls. When they show they are making a good faith effort to make things right with clients they wronged coupled with results like the ones posted continuing then we should revisit the approval process.

Mikey and Mav,

I should have added that Dr. Doganay has worked and made things right with his previous clients as well. Please keep in mind that we've given Dr. Doganay over 2 years to prove himself and many of his newer patients have posted examples of their excellent results and he's been presenting new examples that look great. He is also much more involved in the procedure and the technician that was messing things up is gone.

Sometimes there's a broken cog in the wheel and you have to fix things to get things working again. Should Dr. Doganay be punished forever even though he made things right immediately and has been proving it ever since? I don't think so.

Personally, I think based on all the patients we've seen and examples of his results, that we should give him another chance. Physicians who are removed because of a problem should have a chance to make things right. And we waited a long time to make sure it was really fixed. If we waited only 3 to 6 months or even a year, I'd agree that we should wait. But it's been over 2 years now.

What does everyone else think?

Bill

Puhh, difficult decision. I have seen some good looking cases from him recently. Also, I believe in "second chances" for anyone. But on the other hand: he has done tremendous and permanent harm to many patients. Was it lazyness? Was it creed? As he showed good results before, it clearly was not a "lack of knowledge" or a training phase. Who guarantees that it will not happen again?

Honestly, it is hard to say yes in this one.

Puhh, difficult decision. I have seen some good looking cases from him recently. Also, I believe in "second chances" for anyone. But on the other hand: he has done tremendous and permanent harm to many patients. Was it lazyness? Was it creed? As he showed good results before, it clearly was not a "lack of knowledge" or a training phase. Who guarantees that it will not happen again?

Honestly, it is hard to say yes in this one.

Agreed .

Anyone can fuck up , but it was pretty serious stuff . Laziness and greed is a pretty unforgivable combination .

Just to add , it wasn't just a broken cog in this situation . The responsibilty of the poor results in the past lay with Dogonay and Dogonay alone .

I'm a great believer in 2nd chances , but I really don't know in this situation , not a t the present anyway..

Mikey and Mav,

I should have added that Dr. Doganay has worked and made things right with his previous clients as well. Please keep in mind that we've given Dr. Doganay over 2 years to prove himself and many of his newer patients have posted examples of their excellent results and he's been presenting new examples that look great. He is also much more involved in the procedure and the technician that was messing things up is gone.

Sometimes there's a broken cog in the wheel and you have to fix things to get things working again. Should Dr. Doganay be punished forever even though he made things right immediately and has been proving it ever since? I don't think so.

Personally, I think based on all the patients we've seen and examples of his results, that we should give him another chance. Physicians who are removed because of a problem should have a chance to make things right. And we waited a long time to make sure it was really fixed. If we waited only 3 to 6 months or even a year, I'd agree that we should wait. But it's been over 2 years now.

Bill

Bill, I seem to recall some issues with various online shills popping up suspiciously at the same time to troll this forum, one of which was found to be a roommate of a Doganay employee (the IP address gave this away), and then another instance where the online rep came onto this forum disgruntled and admitting to the fact that the clinic was unethical with dealings with ex clients. I realize these were unsubstantiated and therefore hearsay events, but I don’t believe it was just the poor results by the clinic that got folks upset. It was that combined with the manner in which the clinic was treating patients and non-patients at the time. Can you please elaborate further to us how you have gotten comfortable that the clinic is conducting itself to meet and exceed your minimin standards, as well as how you are satisfied that the noise mentioned above was just that? Have you or Pat visited the clinic recently? I think that would be helpful in convincing others. I’m still a no though, but interested in hearing how others feel.

you all proberbly know that im a former patient of This clinic.

and furthermore the results and donor was really bad.

To answer the question regarding a second chance for the clinic i Also need to ask my self This question:

“Would i go to This clinic and get my HT done again?”

The answer with be NO, not in a million of years

I was the one discovered that dr hakan used fake profiles and Many of Them was texting me and praised him to the sky.

And lured me into a HT with him

When to find out it was guys sitting in the same building as the doctor.

I mean come on!

I could mention a few more things that would make people stay Thousends of miles away from the clinic but i want.

• Thanks 1

you all proberbly know that im a former patient of This clinic.

and furthermore the results and donor was really bad.

To answer the question regarding a second chance for the clinic i Also need to ask my self This question:

“Would i go to This clinic and get my HT done again?”

The answer with be NO, not in a million of years

I was the one discovered that dr hakan used fake profiles and Many of Them was texting me and praised him to the sky.

And lured me into a HT with him

When to find out it was guys sitting in the same building as the doctor.

I mean come on!

I could mention a few more things that would make people stay Thousends of miles away from the clinic but i want.

So the clinic did not make things right with you or attempt to as Bill is claiming?any refund?

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I am sure I read that this cut costs by sterilising needles (Choi implanter) after using them, so he could re-use them. I believe a former employer wrote about this one of the forums here, and many patients suffered infections. In my opinion, this is a very shady practice, and what is stopping the doctor from doing this again in the future?

There are so many bad reports on here (and elswhere) that giving him a recommendation de-values this status.

Rather than us making a judgement, perhaps existing recommended surgeons should be consulted.

For what it’s worth, a no from me.

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

So the clinic did not make things right with you or attempt to as Bill is claiming?any refund?

Yes the clinic offered a free surgery and did Also give a refund

And have Also complimented Them for that in my earlier thread.

But my donor is scared really bad after only 1300 grafts and that Can never be undone.

I Can always earn more money, but i Can never get my donor to look normal again or get all the grafts back :(

If I was wronged with materialistic things, I would try and get my money/product back.

When it comes to surgery of any sort, the last thing a patient wants is to deal with a clinic that causes any doubt.

If said doctor is accepted back in, who will insure/guarantee that no unethical behavior will repeat itself?

on the HRN front page the following is written: We’re here to help each other cut past the hype and learn about proven hair loss treatments and physicians

Most members on this site are either patients who have had surgery,going through surgery or those who seek surgery.

The members who are delighted with their results/procedures will always speak up and praise their doctor/clinic.

Those that aren't will be as vocal but in a negative manner.

I haven't seen many recent patient reviews of this doctor. Maybe it's best to have recent patients speak up.

Johnny2000 says his donor area is damaged after only 1300 grafts. I haven't looked at his procedure or pictures yet so I can't say 100% yet that this is true but I have no reason to doubt him. If this is indeed the truth, then why/how did this happen?

The doctor could be a good man who let his standards drop. However this isn't personal; it's business. Would I feel comfortable sending any family or friends to someone I'm not 100% sure of? Would you?

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

Members,

I am honestly surprised at how many people are against bringing him on as a recommended physician again considering how many patients have reported they are happy with results from him over the last couple of years. However, if the majority of you feel that we should not bring him on, then I'm inclined to listen to the majority. That said, I do have a hard time getting past all the recent positive results posted by his patients and the clinic.

Here's my question....are you judging his potential recommendation today based on the past or today's work? And if you are judging him from the past, should we really punish a physician for problems in the past forever? Many physicians have their staff doing most of the work and nobody has a problem with it. So did Dr. Doganay do anything wrong by not being as involved? That's for all of us to answer. That said, it was obvious that there were problems with at least one staff member and that seems to be why problems occurred. I do believe Dr. Doganay resolved all previous concerns, but if there are some remaining, let's discuss them.

I will give this topic time to see what others have to say, including the doctor himself.

Best wishes,

Bill

"Dear Members,

Thanks for your valuable comments and thoughts. We take them as guidance to improve our quality.

As commonly accepted, the issue is not lack of knowledge or skills.

As it is known, due to technicians' involvement, a few of our patients' results were not as expected in 2015. I accept that it was my responsibility to monitor the quality. Please note that involvement of technicians was the reason of quality decrease. We contacted these patients and tried our best for them.

2 years ago, I changed my team and have been implanting 100% of the grafts (around 2000 a day) as before and I can say that the quality of our results are as good as, even better than our previous standards. Our recent posts and patients' own experience prove our standards and quality.

We believe that the testimony of our recent patients should be regarded highly since they witnessed every steps of the procedure and our quality. Especially 12 month progress of HTvirgin83 posted above and his result prove our standards.

If you have any concern whether we can keep our current standards, we give guarantee that our standards will be as good as previous standards (past 2 years prove this). We will also encourage our patients to share their experience on the forum so that all the members can see if our standards will continue in the future. As you know, some patients share every details of the procedure, which is a good mechanism to understand how a clinic works. All these will show how we create the current results.

Overall, we can understand some of the members' concern and the best way to eliminate it can be showing results posted both by our clinic and patients. Please check our recent results if you still have any concern. We will post more results to show our quality.

You can see some of our recent results here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188582-dr-hakan-doganay-3500-grafts-fue-implanter-pen.html

Thanks again.

It’s a no from me. He let his standards slip, and don’t think you can blame it on one bad Apple. Still think you need another couple of years of seasoning so we can assess whether the results remain consistent on an ongoing basis. Check back in 2019

Definitely agree with this.

Monitor and check back in a year's time for the sake of protecting the community.

After all, that is what this forum should be about.

A rushed decision will only help one side here, and we should be on the patient's side first and foremost.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hello everyone, I had surgery in Istambul in October 2016 after many years suffering from hair loss.

Today is 5th of January 2017 and I couldnt be happier.

Im Spanish living now in Italy and for many years I heard about the FUE technic. I started loosing my hair when I was 25, I am now 37 years old. From 2011 it got worst, to the point that looking for a solution I started to use Toppik all the time, I was washing my hair every morning and adding Toppik with Hair spray (which is really harmful for us) before to leave my house: Going to work, restaurants, traveling... It was a time when I didn’t recognize myself on the mirror. I couldn’t believe the way I was looking without being yet even 35. I had been the last few years refusing to go to the sea with friends, swimming pools or having showers with other people. I don’t know if it was the Toppik with Hair spray or just genetics but in the last 3 years Ive lost the 90 percent of my hair. I was checking many things to solve this, tattoos, hairpieces... anything. Always thinking that having FUE surgery wasn’t really possible nowadays, at least with good ressults.

I work in Italy as a tour guide and one day I met a couple at the Cathedral and we started talking about this concern of mine as the guy jut arrived from Turkey after surgery (I could see a bit of the scabs) this was like a week after. He looked really happy and promised me after our visit of the city to send me pictures in few months. He did and I just couldn’t believe it, in 6 months he was looking 10 years younger and really happy.

From that day I started to search online all I could about FUE surgery. I started to save money thinking to invest this one time on me, other people buy cars, why I couldn’t try this at least one time.? If it wouldn’t work I was thinking to shave my head anyway as a solution. Toppik didn’t work anymore and I couldn’t wear a wig, thats not for me. Ive chosen Dr Hakan Doganay because of the ressults and also knowing that the price in Spain where Im from would be triple. In two years I saved the money which was really hard for me and after many chats with other people that had had surgery in this clinic Ive chosen. I was ready to go to Istambul.

The best thing I did in all my life.

If you read this and you are concerned about your hair you can text me anytime on Facebook or email. I will be available to help. I know what it is to be ashamed or not happy with the way we look. I am here after 1 year and half (when I experienced the results) to tel you that it works. I have hair now. Natural, like when I was 25. Dr Hakan Doganay was really sincere: there is a limit of hairs we can donate to ourselves. He decided to use less grafts, depending on my condition, I wanted more. He told me 8000 would be enough and he didn’t lie to me. I am really happy and thankful. If you are still doubting about it, I will tell you that they picked me up from the airport, I have a person with me all the time, even a translator and the hospital, food, and hotel they were excellent those 3 days.

But that is not what matters.

The only thing that is important is the results, and how Dr Dogany works. I am gonna upload some pictures here, so you can check.

FUE surgery works, and is worth it. Get a good Doctor and enjoy the ressults.

4A2C7092-CC9A-4509-9CFC-65E10DAA1DC5.thumb.jpg.a1c1dad35e1822e014a8de5f8ddf8066.jpg

D6021B38-7CA1-4961-86EE-838B3E7653B4.thumb.jpeg.617090c561a6dbb794e8c877a8f9b543.jpeg

5EB85AF0-67A9-4674-93E8-882FBF7054B1.thumb.jpg.c170fb79a17501be15d6fb3b88ca10bd.jpg

FD5E3348-B768-4BC1-A21F-484465706B52.jpeg.0c1d289ae3cc1f57db1ea0edc15911fe.jpeg

Edited by RocherRodriguez

Mikey and Mav,

Bill

that's crap,i e-mailed him and never heard back,people stay away from this doctor,VERY BAD NEWS

"dear members,

thanks for your valuable comments and thoughts. We take them as guidance to improve our quality.

As commonly accepted, the issue is not lack of knowledge or skills.

As it is known, due to technicians' involvement, a few of our patients' results were not as expected in 2015. I accept that it was my responsibility to monitor the quality. Please note that involvement of technicians was the reason of quality decrease. We contacted these patients and tried our best for them.

2 years ago, i changed my team and have been implanting 100% of the grafts (around 2000 a day) as before and i can say that the quality of our results are as good as, even better than our previous standards. Our recent posts and patients' own experience prove our standards and quality.

We believe that the testimony of our recent patients should be regarded highly since they witnessed every steps of the procedure and our quality. Especially 12 month progress of htvirgin83 posted above and his result prove our standards.

If you have any concern whether we can keep our current standards, we give guarantee that our standards will be as good as previous standards (past 2 years prove this). We will also encourage our patients to share their experience on the forum so that all the members can see if our standards will continue in the future. As you know, some patients share every details of the procedure, which is a good mechanism to understand how a clinic works. All these will show how we create the current results.

Overall, we can understand some of the members' concern and the best way to eliminate it can be showing results posted both by our clinic and patients. Please check our recent results if you still have any concern. We will post more results to show our quality.

You can see some of our recent results here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188582-dr-hakan-doganay-3500-grafts-fue-implanter-pen.html

thanks again.

2 e-mails,and no answer from you,demand complete refund.