Considering Dr. Doganay for Recommendation Now That He's Made Corrections

so much for the doctor making all his past cases right. Still dodging and we're being questioned if we're being too hard on the doctor. Who else are we waiting to hear from, another couple brand new members to come in and vouch for him?

Mikey and Mav,

I should have added that Dr. Doganay has worked and made things right with his previous clients as well. Please keep in mind that we've given Dr. Doganay over 2 years to prove himself and many of his newer patients have posted examples of their excellent results and he's been presenting new examples that look great. He is also much more involved in the procedure and the technician that was messing things up is gone.

Sometimes there's a broken cog in the wheel and you have to fix things to get things working again. Should Dr. Doganay be punished forever even though he made things right immediately and has been proving it ever since? I don't think so.

Personally, I think based on all the patients we've seen and examples of his results, that we should give him another chance. Physicians who are removed because of a problem should have a chance to make things right. And we waited a long time to make sure it was really fixed. If we waited only 3 to 6 months or even a year, I'd agree that we should wait. But it's been over 2 years now.

What does everyone else think?

Bill

My vote is a strong NO.

There is no place in the medical industry for “standards to slip” or “broken cogs”. This is surgery, and standards MUST remain HIGH at all times. 3 months, 6 months, 2 years, 10 years....it doesn’t matter. Patient trust has been broken.

In my opinion, allowing a doctor with this reputation to be recommended on this site will tarnish this site’s credibility.

Not a chance in hell.

He got poor reviews on this site so he decided to change his protocol.

He not only had poor results but did not take the time and effort to diffuse those situations.

I think that this is the best hairloss site on the web and needs too keep the standards high.

I Had the first operation with Dr. hakan at the end of 2015 and the touch up operation at the end of 2016.I had massive improvements for the first 4500 grafts implanted but i had some density issue at the hairline so i emailed the doctor and he offered a free touch up of 1500 grafts to the frontal area.

If you ask me how i feel now,you an judge form the below photos where natural looking and massive change to my hair makes me feel very happy with the result.

Frankly speaking the touch up has made huge difference and the doctor implanted all the grafts by himself.

1459.JPG.6a21cb22f319ab44d14c9a3e27497c4f.JPG

1460.JPG.66a94558451fba7f601e856ef9b350f0.JPG

191.thumb.jpg.9bd74387122bdf7c5c3340739e4ae48a.jpg

438.thumb.jpg.6a5bc972246088c0f540a382f50c68bd.jpg

888.thumb.jpg.561d79eefdc4a20295eac4b35d77d0c0.jpg

942.thumb.jpg.798abeb529102cdbe7d756d39877c056.jpg

Well Doganay has admitted liability and neglect on his part ,that is an important point 'On his part' it was his responsibility to make sure the techs he used were fully trained and only took part in the op where appropriate . On that basis he can only be considered for recommendation if there is evidence that his patients with poor results through his mal- practice have been fully compensated and a gratis transplant offered if they so wish .

Unfortunately we are not just talking about financial loss here it's the loss of precious grafts along with the stress and and psychological impact a failed hair transplant can have on someone's life especially if it was through the clinic's neglect .

Guys,

I appreciate everyone's opinion on whether or not we should recommend Dr. Doganay on our community. Though I am surprised at the responses because I've been impressed by the results I've seen from the clinic, everyone has made valid points about the past and even the present.

Mikeyhwk, I do ask that you share your actual experience and photos so we can see the 6600 graft procedure and how things either grew or didn't grow. I think that's only fair if you are going to say it was a complete disaster.

That said, I feel that the community has spoken and at this time, we cannot recommend Dr. Doganay at this time.

Thanks for everyone's opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

If this is regarding re-instating Hakan on this forum i suggest reading my story first.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182699-dr-hakan-doganay-unhappy-result-so-far-8.html

I went to his clinic and he said i would get results similar to the patient specified in the thread. He told me i only had 2500 grafts available even though my donor was thick and he would have to use 1300 beard.

I said go ahead as long as i get the results he specified.

I ended up looking ridiculous and have been to asmed and had 6000 grafts extra done to correct. Hakan refuses to give me a full refund. He ruined my life and is lucky im not asking for compensation.

Also he did the hairline which looked like crap.

Asmed told me it looked lke near nothing grew from his surgery and i was lucky it didnt. I have had to get the beard hair removed as it is horrific.

I was put on the spot and pressured to make the decision then as they were very busy. Worst mistake of my life.

i had a skin head before the surgery with Hakan so its hard to get a before picture that will demonstrate anything. I was probably a norwood 4. They have photos of me before if they want to add them here. Here are my 18 months photos.

before.PNG.e5f25ea9aab667bb9ada6f5988ce37c8.PNG

before2.PNG.45556d56bd0164a641508745025e5256.PNG

before3.PNG.1fb44e16f6efccf80890a370254754e2.PNG

before4.PNG.766bc61f382a31025d0b42d762fab645.PNG

Also i told them i was going to hand my story out outside his clinic and he threatened to have me arrested and was very abusive. If he give me a full refund i will leave it.

• 3 months later...

Ykiska,

I have noticed previously that Dr. Doganay is still listed on spencers IAHRS website and has been for sometime now. Regardless of what standards spencer says he has, whatever prescreening process he uses is far from transparent. When we were considering Dr. Doganay for recommendation again, we could have simply just added him back to the list based on the results without getting patients or physician member input however, that would not be transparent.

At the end of the day, anybody could say they received private input, but to be willing to go public and be transparent - there’s really nothing to hide. If we decided to reinstate this doctor after receiving this input, it would be obvious that’s we don’t care about high standards nor the communities input. It would also affect our credibility in only recommending the best surgeons. We are truly the only patient organization that prescreens hair transplant surgeons in a transparent environment.

We always talk about holding hair transplant surgeons to a high standard and accountable, but who holds website owners and publishers accountable? It’s you, the community who holds us, the publishers and moderators accountable for our choices of recommendations. No other patient driven website invites this kind of accountability. Refigure, our list of recommended hair transplant surgeons will be far more accurate if our pre-screening process is a collaboration rather than just a couple of people who own or run the website selecting surgeons.

Many listing sites that simply claim their list of doctors are top-notch or just paid advertisements with no standards and no accountability. Those with discussion forums have some accountability if they don’t moderate and delete critical comments about their decisions, but only this community is completely transparent about how we recommend hair transplant surgeons and provide the patient community with a voice and a chance to provide input on all recommendations. And we take patient input seriously.

Best wishes,

Bill

The IAHRS is fundamentally a money making scheme. You can't have surgeons like Doganay recommended despite his history and expect to be taken seriously.

I think the ship has sailed on this.....

Even if he became a recommended surgeon here again, no one would actually consider him if they did even a light search of posts here.

Let's be honest....these doctors in India and Turkey and countries like that are always going to have clients come to them due to the pricing and proximity (meaning you rarely see someone from India leave the country to get a HT....so even the trashy surgeons will always have clients).

However, to the person who actually has the funds and smarts to not narrow their search to a geographical area....pretty much no one is going to consider a doctor in either of these countries. I have little to no sympathy for those who have gone to these surgeons in the last couple years (after all of this has been posted) and then complain their results sucked. These surgeons give the entire HT community a bad name/stigma and contribute to many people being afraid to get a HT.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the ship has sailed on this.....

Even if he became a recommended surgeon here again, no one would actually consider him if they did even a light search of posts here.

Let's be honest....these doctors in India and Turkey and countries like that are always going to have clients come to them due to the pricing and proximity (meaning you rarely see someone from India leave the country to get a HT....so even the trashy surgeons will always have clients).

However, to the person who actually has the funds and smarts to not narrow their search to a geographical area....pretty much no one is going to consider a doctor in either of these countries. I have little to no sympathy for those who have gone to these surgeons in the last couple years (after all of this has been posted) and then complain their results sucked. These surgeons give the entire HT community a bad name/stigma and contribute to many people being afraid to get a HT.

you're right on that matt,i accept 50% of the blame,but this website should accept the other 50%,doganay has been screwing people for the past 20 years,but this website had him as a recommended surgeon 4 years ago.

• 4 months later...
On 1/7/2018 at 10:05 AM, Xkos48 said:

2 e-mails,and no answer from you,demand complete refund.

if you want pictures,i'll post them,but it will do you more harm,out of 6600 grafts,maybe 2000 took,the other 4600 went in the garbage.

Accountability is important.  Some Other sites/owners may claim to help, but don’t seem to respond when there is a concern etc. it seems for some folks.  

Whether a forum is public or private, if a doctor screws a patient and the owner of the site projected and praised the doctor and didnt have a patients back (as they claim they would hold doctors accountable or not), and is pocketing money from that doctor, is locking/deleting threads related to that mofucken discussion, then that owner is liable for marketing fraud as it is a business entity nevertheless.  The more folks report these conducts to the ftc the more eyes are sent that way and things are archived.  Whether it is text, audio, video, you can report anything.  Yes, you can report anonymously and you can provide screenshots.  And screenshots of ever changing disclaimers without your knowledge etc etc.  Especially, if some of these business entities work as consultants to big pharma or medical devices and etc too, you can provide anything to the ftc.    As a business entity or organization, folks have a responsibility to be honest and promote ethics and honesty vs censorship and protection to paying docs.  It becomes an online hit squad against a worried patient and it screws more patients over if the same recognized doc screws them too when nothing was done to prevent that doctor from any online list or organization in the first place.  

You have to understand how FTC and government entities work too.  They are smart entities with very intelligent folks.  They gather a lot of info over the years and drop the hammer when time is right.  They amass so much info (factual complaints and evidence) that a businesses attorney or attorneys cant even respond to all the crazy motions and provide enough counter defenses and are forced to settle.  Even big corps like ATT and others had no choice but to pay  multi millions in fines for tethering unlimited data and could not fight it.  This is exactly what can happen to folks in this industry and some folks may be playing with fire.   The more you complain (anonymously or not) the more you can have a very ethical  or safer industry in the long run.  

Now back to this, This is actually a first time I heard where a recommendation has been rejected publically and an explanation has been given.  

Crazy part is there is another forum where the owner said we are out here to make money and no bashing of doctors is tolerated etc., they are complicit in malpractice and marketing fraud.  As a business, you have a responsibility.  Business laws protect folks and some businesses fail to understand this.  

Success lies in transparency and transparency is key to an ethical business model.  Well done.   

Reputation is EVERYTHING, especially for any Doctor or Surgeon. If that doctor or surgeon chooses to make a quick buck $$$ by purposefully sabotaging his or her own reputation then he or she deserves all the negative comments and bad reviews he or she gets, as well as loosing any future client business especially if they’ve caused damage to previous clients. There is NO such thing as a minimum amount of time passed in order to regain lost trust and reputation.

My same commments about ‘Reputation” above, ALSO applies to websites and forums that aim to be and maintain being unbiased and trustworthy.