1600 fue Dr Saifi, Poland.

Dolph1969

Just back from having 1600 grafts fue by Dr Saifi in Wroclaw, Poland.

I'll keep it brief, as others have explained their experiences at his clinic on here in more depth. Background, I'm late 40s, Norwood 3, with minor thinning on the crown. During consultation, we decided to focus on an age appropriate hairline. I was going with the Drs advice on this completely and was really pleased with his design. He originally quoted 2000 grafts, based on my picture consultation, but after inspection of hairline and area, he decided 1600 would suffice.

I can't tolerate fin, due to sides, but as the Dr explained, my age and less aggressive progression is advantageous. I'm going to give some of these CR Lab patches a go, that he recommends and I will keep using lipogaine minoxidil after a month or so and the usual herbal anti dht blockers, which may, or may not help...

The operation was totally painless. He really makes you feel at ease and explains what is going on, throughout every stage. Bit of a sting off the jabs, but very minor. I would compare it to be like wearing a crash helmet and the head just feels numb, once you are anaesthetised. The most difficult part is laying still for hours, particularly during extraction, when face down. At least you get a movie to watch during the implantation process. Didn't have to shave my head totally, just the sides and back, so just looking like Forrest Gump at the moment!:D

On day 3 today. Head feels a bit numb and some swelling is evident. Hair looks like it's growing and scabs are forming. Not much redness either. I will try to update with pics as I go along. I deliberated over this for ages. All I can is, to anyone in the...." should I, or shouldn't I" stage, it's easy and pain free, so just go for it. When you get to that stage of avoiding mirrors and hating pictures of yourself, just make the change!

Dreading the shed, as i love the new hairline, but that's part of the deal with this...i'll just have to suck it up and hope for good regrowth in the next year.

I'd highly recommend Dr Saifi and his brilliant team for their hard work, as the surgery is a long and meticulous team effort, with the extractions, dissections and preparation/implantation process. The whole journey was really smooth and easy and everything is taken care of. Managed a few hours in Wroclaw, which is a beautiful town.

Had to take the cap off during airport security, but apart from a few looks, they are pretty used to it. At this point, you don't really care and just want to get home!

Thanks to others for advice on the forum, particularly, Buzz, romperstomper, jimmygea and Just jax.

20161119_110820-1.thumb.jpg.51da035013a15c058bf0604a440a58d8.jpg

Edited by Dolph1969

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dolph ,

Congrats on the procedure .

I'm presently considering a 2nd procedure and would be interested to know why you ended up going with Dr Saifi.

I take it you went FUE ?

Yes, i wear my hair short and a scar would have been evident. This was concurred by Dr Saifi. I chose him, as he comes across as being very competent and ethical and any reviews of his work, have always been positive. He showed me a lot of repair work he has had to do from botched operations. He has some amazing pics on his photo library. Particularly of one male subject, who was a norwood 6 and had an amazing result from beard hair implantation. I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Delighted to hear of your procedure and your views I am also looking at this surgeon I see nothing but good reviews I was keen for some feed back but when I put up asking for some no replies. A review like yours makes me think I'm making the right decision in going with dr Saifai I have been in contact with him and he seems like a genuine person and all emails are directly from him which is good.

Delighted to hear of your procedure and your views I am also looking at this surgeon I see nothing but good reviews I was keen for some feed back but when I put up asking for some no replies. A review like yours makes me think I'm making the right decision in going with dr Saifai I have been in contact with him and he seems like a genuine person and all emails are directly from him which is good.

Bit of a waiting list, but well worth it. You won't be disappointed. You'll also be amazed how quickly it comes round. It's a complete breeze and believe me, I was really nervous beforehand.

Hello, glad to hear you enjoyed your procedure!

It's a shame I havent heard about this doctor before...Poland is my neighboring country so may have saved me the trouble of flying. I already booked my first ever procedure with Dr.K in Istanbul in December (hopefully he's great as well :) )

If it isnt a secret...how much did you pay for your procedure in Wroclaw?

• Administrators

Congrats dolph, romperstomper29 went to Dr. Saifi for FUE his results were fantastic, happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Donor and recipient area day 5. Swelling gone. Very itchy and flaky. Hoping scabs start coming off soon.

Hey, congrats looking great. I'm kinda jealous that you didn't totally shave you head, will make it easier to cover it up when you shed. Did they push for you to shave it all off or were they happy either way?

Itching is annoying but it'll setttle down in a few days. What is Dr Saifi's guidelines on washing? If you are washing already have you seen any hairs shed yet?

I'm gently washing with the shampoo he gave me and using saline spray. Some scabs have come off, with a few hairs in them, but no blood, so i'm hoping i haven't knackered any grafts. Redness still evident. Not a good look at the moment..:o

Yeah, he said he could work around the hair being cut short on top. It was mainly temples and some in the forelock. He said the forelock was likely to remain. I hope so, otherwise its going to look like i have two horns of hair on my head if the rest goes!:D

Hi

Any updates on your HT, are you happy with the result so far.

I am considering having my third TH in next few months, would like to know if you still recommend this doctor.

Has anybody had BHT done by him?

Thanks

sultsay

Looks fantastic!!! Congratulations and enjoy your new hairline :)))

I have a few questions if you don't mind me:

1- Are you on Propecia?

2- Did Saifi use a Manual FUE technique?

3- Did Saifi perform the whole op on you? (extractions, incisions, slits and implantations?)

4- How much did it cost for 1600 grafts?

5- Do you have a hair break down per graft that you may share with us? :)

Thanks

1. No. Tried it and had bad side effects.

2. He uses motorised punch.

3. He performed all the extractions and incisions. He has a team of highly trained techs, who have been with him for ages, who do the implantation of the grafts.

4. PMd you re cost.

5. He doesn't give a breakdown in the grafts, i.e 1, 2 or 3s.

Nothing much else to report. Shed a few i think during the wash today. Very self conscious about the whole thing, even though it's beanie weather outside. There's definitely a psychological post op aspect to all this..

Edited by Dolph1969

Ive no idea what the final density will be. Just hoping the results are comparable with others results on here. Time will tell. Not much happening. Transplanted hair appears to be growing. Some shedding. Trying to get rid of the redness.

21 days post op. 70% at least has shed. Still mild residual redness. Some hair seems to have broken off, rather than fallen out, leaving a small black dot like look on the scalp. What is this? Should the whole hair fall out, or is breaking off common?

Why do I look balder than pre surgery?:confused::( Hair sucks at the moment. Enter Ugly Duckling phase..:(:(

21 days post op. 70% at least has shed. Still mild residual redness. Some hair seems to have broken off, rather than fallen out, leaving a small black dot like look on the scalp. What is this? Should the whole hair fall out, or is breaking off common?

Why do I look balder than pre surgery?:confused::( Hair sucks at the moment. Enter Ugly Duckling phase..:(:(

You got any pics? I had lots of black dots too, not sure its snapped off hair, I think its just hairs that were transplanted that haven't grown out yet. In fact its those very hairs that I think are now growing out with with my temples. I think the feeling of being balder than before the surgery is a combination of a very short buzz cut (possibly much shorter than you use to wear it?) and native hair directly next to transplanted hair being a little slow to regrow following 'trauma' to the area.