1600 fue Dr Saifi, Poland.

Dolph1969

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CR labs + Laser have worked very well for me so far.

I had to stop taking propecia. I have PFS as well.

Got 2 transplants with Saifi. He can be conservative my grafts.

But I am very happy with my results from the transplant. I would highly recommend Dr Saifi.

I am sorry guys, but spending almost 1.5 k e for shampoos(buying new one every 3 months additional 250 e) and laser, which are not found to be really effective and are not even drugs and stop taking drugs, which is found as most effective does not seem to be a good idea...

I agree 100%. I have had no side effects taking propecia, and resent the doctor who took me off propecia which then caused my hairline to thin and end up with a less than satisfactory transplant.

Otherwise, Dolph's transplant looks good for 1600 hairs. But the wiry hair quality, yeah, that's been a big issue for me ever since my transplant.

Otherwise, I always advocate meds first. And then once you have a transplant, realize that if you stop taking meds, your hairloss will most likely continue.

Dr. Bernstein has great photographic results of the use of meds.

O

Thanks for the endorsement.:D:D

Problem is, you sign documents prior to surgery, basically accepting that outcomes will vary... caveat emptor....so, I doubt if there'll be a free touch up, or correction of perceived poor results.

What i'm finding strange, is the density at the right side was better at around 7 months and has got thinner since.

To be honest, i'm nearly 50, so it's not the end of the world. Bit of toppik and stick with the minoxidil....

For perspective. .Here's a before pic..

I'm glad you can appreciate the cosmetic difference from your pre-op state, but definitely lacking in density as you and others have stated. Even your forelock, which appeared strong before surgery, seems more diffuse. Don't know if a second pass might do the trick? But as you've stated, its a decent improvement, just not what I'm sure you hoped for. Best of luck and I hope you continue to see improvement.

• 1 month later...

Dolph we are around the same age and I know you've been an active and highly contributing member to this site.

Please take this as constructive criticism but the results are not ideal and you can do much better man!

Don't let the age factor even in here.

Demand a refund and if I were you I would recommend others not to go to this doctor if these are his typical level of results.

Again I don't wanna be hard on you as I know the HT journey is a long and arduous one.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Also I agree your 8-month and 10-month pics look much denser.

Did you lose some of the transplanted hair?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Also I agree your 8-month and 10-month pics look much denser.

Did you lose some of the transplanted hair?

I definitely think the yield on the right side has not been as good as the left. One thing i have noticed is the hair is very wiry and has a mind of its own. I'm happy with the cosmetic improvement and that i can style it better, even though the density isn't what i expected it. I'll give to the 18 month mark, as suggested, to see if there is a difference.

Not sure if i lost transplanted hair, or could have possible gone through a shed cycle..:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
I definitely think the yield on the right side has not been as good as the left. One thing i have noticed is the hair is very wiry and has a mind of its own. I'm happy with the cosmetic improvement and that i can style it better, even though the density isn't what i expected it. I'll give to the 18 month mark, as suggested, to see if there is a difference.

Not sure if i lost transplanted hair, or could have possible gone through a shed cycle..:confused:

Dolph Id be really interested to see some pictures with a decent camera- are you able to borrow one at all? Your pictures at 6 months looks great and the latest pictures look completely different.

Would be great to see with a new iphone camera or something.

Am I the only one thinking that this is a pretty good result for 1600 grafts? You had a large area to cover and sure I see your point of density on one side but from your pre op pictures i’d still say it was a really good improvement. Better pictures are necessary though.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Am I the only one thinking that this is a pretty good result for 1600 grafts? You had a large area to cover and sure I see your point of density on one side but from your pre op pictures i’d still say it was a really good improvement. Better pictures are necessary though.

I think it looks good- but like you say some better pictures would be great.

Jeanldd had the same Norwood pattern as u .. but he’s Younger n did double the grafts .. so ur age isn’t the issue .. u had too few a grafts for a Norwood 3 case .. u probably experienced some shock loss into ur forelock so it appears thinner than it was .. but another procedure would thicken up ur hair. U still have hope, ur results aren’t great but not too bad for the amount of grafts ..

Having my first HT with Dr Saifi next month. I was over with him a few months ago for a consultation so only 5 weeks away now. Encouraging reading the posts on here. I'm opting for FUT and we have agreed 2000 grafts should be enough. I'm currently using the hair max laser band and CR lab range. One question I have hoping sonebody can advise. After the HT how long before you can out in public back to work without being totally obvious. I've decent enough coverage on top appreciate it varies on your recovery capability and othe factors. I've booked 2 weeks off work anyway so hoping that will be enough time. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. Pictures taken in room lighting. Hair is more see through in brighter light...

15 months since procedure. Overall, I'm happy with the cosmetic improvement, but would still like more density. .I. e... I'm Greedy.:D

Right side still a bit weak, but it's a big improvement on where I started.

I don't think Saifi packs dense anyway, from seeing his cases.

A bit of Toppik and I'm like Brad Pitt.:D

5b32f9a1dfbf0_2018-02-2409_17_14.jpg.d9a2ec4ef0caae0540ba49f9d15a8853.jpg

5b32f9a208bb7_2018-02-2409_22_39.thumb.jpg.398d4dada3950c525bba501f455ea5d8.jpg