Ranking Celebrities with Confirmed HT's

I know quite a few threads exist filled with speculation about which celebrities we suspect have had a HT. I'd like to first concentrate on making a comprehensive list of celebrities who we KNOW (whether through their own admission or photographic evidence) have had HT. Then we can opine on whose is best. Then maybe move on to the "90% Sure had a HT" list. I'll start:

Confirmed HT:

Jeremy Piven

Wayne Rooney

Dennis Miller

James Nesbitt

Brian Urlacher

A.J. McLean

Who else can we confirm?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Pokora: shitty french singer, amazing juvenile hairline by Armani, making many people jelly, lots of raging comments on french hair loss forums from the haters who failed to cath their hairloss early(this is not natural blah blah blah)

Matthew McConnoghey: rumored. Amazing job if not a piece.

Matt Pokora: shitty french singer, amazing juvenile hairline by Armani, making many people jelly, lots of raging comments on french hair loss forums from the haters who failed to cath their hairloss early(this is not natural blah blah blah)

Had a look. Bit pluggy..

All Pro NFL Player Wes Welker (and others shown in the link below)

https://www.hairdr.com/results/featured-patients/wes-welker/

Wes Welker Before/After:

wes-welker-before-and-after-hair-surgery-with-dr-robert-leonard.jpg

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Tom Brady has had something done, and it looks incredible.

Here he is in 2007:

tom_brady2007.jpg

Here he is in 2012.

bradystar.jpg

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Next to Brady, Matthews McConaughey by far has the most cosmetically effective HT in mainstream showbiz.

This mugshot on the left is from 1999, the pic on the right from the Oscars in 2014.

Matthew-McConaughey.jpg

I'm not convinced that Tom Brady has had a HT. Sure his hair looks better than it did 10 years ago, but even in the old pictures he didn't look to be losing much hair. I'm not certain that his hair looking better is not just the product of him growing it longer.

Same w/ McConaughey. I don't think there's any conclusive evidence he's had a HT. He might wear a piece.

I think the best HT of anyone mentioned might actually be Wes Welker. Wonder if that was Strip or FUE.

I'm not convinced that Tom Brady has had a HT. Sure his hair looks better than it did 10 years ago, but even in the old pictures he didn't look to be losing much hair. I'm not certain that his hair looking better is not just the product of him growing it longer.

Same w/ McConaughey. I don't think there's any conclusive evidence he's had a HT. He might wear a piece.

I think the best HT of anyone mentioned might actually be Wes Welker. Wonder if that was Strip or FUE.

I disagree, Welker was encouraged to get an HT because unnamed teammates had done so successfully...he was once Brady's favorite target.

Also his hairline hsr thickened and ceased to recede...and growing it out would hurt the appearance of the density, not thicken it up, especially since his crown was showing signs of decline.

As for McConaughey, he is a HT veteran, his hairline is too refined for a piece, and it's thick and age appropriate, he looks good.

Due to the scrutiny of celebs you would've found photos that saw the lace of a hair system by now...ala John Travolta.

Speaking of James Nesbitt, does anyone else see him as sort of a red flag for HT's? He very publicly and openly displayed the results of 2 HT's which appeared to come out very well. Then recently, out of the blue, he showed up hosting the Ballon d'Or with what was *clearly* a hair piece (or at least extensions). Did his hair transplants go south? Thought that was pretty discouraging.

Joe McHale and Daniel Tosh, who believe wore a piece in jis last special.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm pretty sure Mcconaughey solved all of his hair problems with Regenix, and only Regenix... :rolleyes:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Joe McHale and Daniel Tosh, whini believe wore a piece in jis last special.

This also worries me, as someone close to getting a HT.

Is it common for someone (who presumably went to an elite surgeon) to have to resort to wearing a system so soon after a HT? (See also James Nesbitt comment above)

I disagree, Welker was encouraged to get an HT because unnamed teammates had done so successfully...he was once Brady's favorite target.

Also his hairline hsr thickened and ceased to recede...and growing it out would hurt the appearance of the density, not thicken it up, especially since his crown was showing signs of decline.

As for McConaughey, he is a HT veteran, his hairline is too refined for a piece, and it's thick and age appropriate, he looks good.

Due to the scrutiny of celebs you would've found photos that saw the lace of a hair system by now...ala John Travolta.

Looking it over, you're probably right. Whoever did his work, if it is a HT, did an incredible job.

https://www.hairdr.com/results/featured-patients/wes-welker/

Welker got it done by Dr. Robert Leonard. He has a strip procedure and says he is on rogaine and propecia. I wonder if propecia is approved for use by NFL?

I've often been perplexed by Mcconaughy's hair. Did anyone see him with his shaved head when he hosted SNL? You can definitely tell he was thinner in his corners and thicker in the middle, but it looked pretty good.

Are we 100% sure Antonio Conte is still transplant? I know he had one but his hair these days looks incredibly dense. I guess he did keep a good forelock and has good characteristics and the right sort of styling though. If it is still totally transplant he's done very well, because he lost an awful lot of hair in his mid-scalp.

I'm not 100% sure McConaughey is a transplant. Could be, but possibly more of a frontal system since there's photos of him looking full, then thinning, then full again.

He's not exactly a full blown international celebrity but a transplant I always thought was impressive was the UK actor/comedian Rob Brydon's. He was very thin a few years back but he looks to have had two transplants over the last few years and his hair looks great now. It's definitely a HT - he's still a bit thin in the back and you can see by the way the hair looks it's a transplant, but he must have had good characteristics because he really does look to have coverage and density. I watched him recently in The Trip to Italy and his hair holds up pretty well even in strong sunlight.

256px-Rob_Brydon.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

actors-rob-brydon-and-steve-coogan-attend-the-trip-to-italy-screening-picture-id486699543

v1.cjs0NjUxNztqOzE3MDg3OzIwNDg7Mzk5OzM1NQ

It's a really interesting show if only because it shows a lot of natural, candid front and back shots of his transplant - sort of a good example of a successful but realistic result! There were two series, one called The Trip and a sequel called The Trip to Italy that was maybe a year or two later, and I'm fairly sure he's had a second procedure between the two.

I think in both Brydon and Conte's cases they're helped enormously by retention of a forelock. Both lost pretty significant hair in the mid-scalp and Brydon lost the crown too somewhat, but having even just that tuft of hair at the front can really make a difference when it comes to creating the illusion of density, particularly from the front, because I guess in that front 2cm or so you have a pretty dense hairline and that just helps blend the mid-scalp in.

some of these guys when on camera could be using in conjuction with transplants large amounts of Nanogen concealer as well

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Rob Brydon's is good. I think in the first series of The Trip he didn't use concealers but in the second he did. I think he's only had one HT and is not that bothered about the crown.

Callum Best and Matt Goss are two other celebrities than come to mind. Jason Gardiner?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Rob Brydon's is good. I think in the first series of The Trip he didn't use concealers but in the second he did. I think he's only had one HT and is not that bothered about the crown.

Callum Best and Matt Goss are two other celebrities than come to mind. Jason Gardiner?

Jason gardiner in my opinion is a good example of someone who looked better bald ,watched him on a survival programme, I know it wasn't the most flattering of situations but his transplant looked patchy, in saying that he was always going to need a second one given his starting point.

Edited by Mick50

Kevin Costner had a nice HT, took about ten years off of him by re-framing his face, and it kept his high forehead, something he had even in his 30s.

7-kevin-costner-2007-2013-1.jpg