50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was manageable for me. I got over 3200 grafts fue. Was there over 12 hours. I drove 50 miles round trip to the clinic for hair washes the first 3 days after surgery

You drove 50 miles every day for 3 days??? In your BMW?? :)

Thats commitment

I believe you also get some "anti-inflammatory" meds to take after surgery, at least I did with Rahal, it was barely noticeable for me compared to a small first procedure I had in the early 90's, both my eyes were black & blue, almost closed shut, etc! That's what I was afraid of most doing this for the 2nd time all these years later - but it was a breeze. It all depends on alot of factors though ...

I'm sitting in Toronto airport right now.

Luckily its a half empty flight.

I guess thats because its after Christmas and still one month till Spring Break. I'm going to remember this for my second surgery next year. Perfect time to fly.

A whole slew of gorgeous flight attendants just passed by

The colour is correct we supply you with a black baseball cap. Good luck for Wednesday you are in excellent hands.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I'm sitting in Toronto airport right now.

Luckily its a half empty flight.

I guess thats because its after Christmas and still one month till Spring Break. I'm going to remember this for my second surgery next year. Perfect time to fly.

They must be flight attendants for Air Canada Rouge. Dunno why, but the usual Air Canada FAs are dogs, but the AC Rouge ones are hot as hell. I flew to Vegas via AC Rouge last year and man oh man, definitely all looked like models. Almost on the same level of the Singapore Air and KLM ones.

• Moderators

Hopefully by this time next year with all the new hair you'll have, they will be stopping to talk to you rather than just passing by :)

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

By the way guys, whats the percentage of patients who get bad swelling after a HT?? Is it pretty much most people??

Duuuutchiiiieeee - you are a legend mate, God luck for Wednesday big guy - I would think that the whole Hairestorationnetwork family is rooting for you - go you good thing!

I just hope the whole thing works. I got these weird minoxidil stubbles all over my scalp. Dr. Hasson hopefully sees them and works around them, otherwise maybe the stubbles will push the grafts out??!!

Or maybe I'm just suffering from pre-surgery anxiety and paranoia

Just had a pre-op with dr. Hasson and Doug. They alleviated all my fears. Now I'm superpsyched for tomorrow!!

Its time for payback for what mother nature did to me. She messed with the wrong marine!! <insert angry Jack Nicholson face>

Surgery just completed. H&W couldnt have been more professional.

They managed to get 4200 grafts and covered my entire scalp except for the crown.

I couldnt be happier. Hasson is a great guy. Phenomenal sense of humour. The assistants were great as well.

I now enter the ugly duckling stage

Surgery just completed. H&W couldnt have been more professional.

They managed to get 4200 grafts and covered my entire scalp except for the crown.

I couldnt be happier. Hasson is a great guy. Phenomenal sense of humour. The assistants were great as well.

I now enter the ugly duckling stage

Good stuff - do you have any post-op pictures?

Dr Hasson give you an estimate of the number of lifetime donor grafts?

He estimated around 7000. But my next HT will have to be FUE because even though my upper layer skin had good laxity, my dermis does not. Only reason why we got 4200 grafts was because I have above average density

Boom! Congrats brotha.

Throw us some pics and stats once your meds wear off. Patience is your next challenge. Exciting times ahead.

I'm not leaving my hotel room for next 5 days. I'm taking no chances with my investment

Those percocets they give you are a lifesaver as well. My strip hurts like hell right now and the percs take the edge off.

I hope the sleeping pills work well also, cause there's no way I'm getting any sleep without some drug help