50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOL....no, I mean the cancel list when someone else cancels and I can take their spot.

There's no way in hell I'm cancelling my own HT surgery, unless its a dire emergency

Did Dr Jones ever refund your deposit?

Got it. I am on a cancel list too. Waiting sucks.The doctor I want to go with has an eight

month wait list. In the end I think it will be worth it but doesn't help stress level.

Bummer Dr Konior has such a long waitlist. It must be hard waiting 8 months just for the surgery where you then have to wait another 8 or more months to see the final result. Very frustrating

Did Dr Jones ever refund your deposit?

No, the deal was its non-refundable. Its partly my own fault, I shouldve done more research before picking a surgeon. I found this forum a week too late unfortunately

Dutchie,

That's great news for you. You need to pick up the pace with the scalp laxity exercises then, oh and no more sitting around getting drunk all night, at least not for a couple of weeks :)

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

WOO HOO, somebody cancelled and they're gonna do my head next week!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:

No kidding...that was fast...good luck with everything brother!...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Dutchie,

That's great news for you. You need to pick up the pace with the scalp laxity exercises then, oh and no more sitting around getting drunk all night, at least not for a couple of weeks :)

I'm gonna the laxity for 2 to 3 hours a day for the next week. That should make up for lost time

Great news for you Dutchie that was fast. Best of luck

I know, I couldnt believe it when she emailed me back within the hour :eek:

Oh man, I'm so happy!!!!! So here's my master plan:

I've been told by a few local doctors I should have enough donor for 6,000 to 8,000 grafts.What I wanna do is try for 3,500 to 4,000 FUT grafts next week. Then come back a year later and try for another 3,000+ grafts if I have enough grafts left. So thats gonna be about 6,500 to 7,000 grafts. This should fill up most of my front and midscalp, but I wanna mostly leave the crown alone for now

Then hopefully I'll have around 500 to 1,000 grafts left for a 3rd surgery, which I'm gonna go to Dr. U for and have him do a partial beard-hair/scalp hair transplant. I think 1, 500 grafts or so should cover up most of the crown, and then....voila...I'm done

:)

I know, I couldnt believe it when she emailed me back within the hour :eek:

Oh man, I'm so happy!!!!! So here's my master plan:

I've been told by a few local doctors I should have enough donor for 6,000 to 8,000 grafts.What I wanna do is try for 3,500 to 4,000 FUT grafts next week. Then come back a year later and try for another 3,000+ grafts if I have enough grafts left. So thats gonna be about 6,500 to 7,000 grafts. This should fill up most of my front and midscalp, but I wanna mostly leave the crown alone for now

Then hopefully I'll have around 500 to 1,000 grafts left for a 3rd surgery, which I'm gonna go to Dr. U for and have him do a partial beard-hair/scalp hair transplant. I think 1, 500 grafts or so should cover up most of the crown, and then....voila...I'm done

:)

Congrats Dutchie - who are you going with, Hasson or Wong? Sounds like a great plan. Keep us posted and post pics

So which one is the real Dutchie?....:D

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey guys, the day after surgery how groggy or fatigued do you feel?? Is it really bad or manageable??

I've already decided I'm going to decline valium or other sedatives the day of surgery because I dont want any hangover effect the next day

your body just went thru a trauma with your surgery - no matter how non-invasive it may be, its not so much about how groggy or tired you might feel, or how many sedatives they give you before your surgery, or how many pain killers you might need to take overnight - you need time to REST in order to heal, particularly with FUT strip surgery where you have a significant wound to heal on the back of your head - really think about it, its common sense, of course you can move around and travel etc the following day, but why would you want to?

your body just went thru a trauma with your surgery - no matter how non-invasive it may be, its not so much about how groggy or tired you might feel, or how many sedatives they give you before your surgery, or how many pain killers you might need to take overnight - you need time to REST in order to heal, particularly with FUT strip surgery where you have a significant wound to heal on the back of your head - really think about it, its common sense, of course you can move around and travel etc the following day, but why would you want to?

I might leave the next day after surgery, I might not. I'll see how I feel.

If I dont leave the next day then I risk face swelling, which means I have to stay minimum 4 to 5 days couped up in a Vancouver hotel room. I rather be at home while I look like I just been beat up by Mike Tyson

Hey guys, the day after surgery how groggy or fatigued do you feel?? Is it really bad or manageable??

I've already decided I'm going to decline valium or other sedatives the day of surgery because I dont want any hangover effect the next day

Take the sedatives/Valium bud, they really help during the surgery. My surgery with Rahal ended at around mid-afternoon and I was pretty groggy and fatigued. I could move around if need be, but was pretty out of it. When I woke up the next morning, I was actually fine. Even though I was on the painkillers because the back of the head hurts, I was able to move around as normal. So much so that after the post-op cleaning was able to drive to the train station and jump on a train to Toronto. The other patients at the guest house seemed fine the next day as well. The 2nd patient from my surgery day even drove back to Montreal the next day - no problem. Like Home says, you want to be taking it easy and not walking around/exerting yourself too much, but you won't be too groggy or fatigued by the next afternoon. I say that because seeing you are getting a mega-session, and I suspect your procedure will end much later in the day/night than mine did, so you may get some carryover. You shouldn't have any trouble getting back to the clinic the next day for cleaning though.

I might leave the next day after surgery, I might not. I'll see how I feel.

If I dont leave the next day then I risk face swelling, which means I have to stay minimum 4 to 5 days couped up in a Vancouver hotel room. I rather be at home while I look like I just been beat up by Mike Tyson

As long as Dr Hasdon allows flying the next day (I believe he does), I think you will be fine to leave. Book a flight for the late afternoon/evening so that you can go back to the clinic for post-op cleaning first. If you take a cab to the clinic and the airport, then you shouldn't have to do too much walking. I would just advise you to pack very light so you are not having to lift a very heavy suitcase and risk stretching the scar. Try get a seat at the back of the plane so that you are not at risk of getting your head knocked by mistake by the asshole sitting behind you (it happens), and be extra careful when they walk past you on the way to the men's room. Otherwise you should be fine.

It was manageable for me. I got over 3200 grafts fue. Was there over 12 hours. I drove 50 miles round trip to the clinic for hair washes the first 3 days after surgery.

My flight leaves 5PM the next day.

How bad was your swelling the couple of days after surgery?

It usually starts on day 2, but I was an abnormality as I was swelling badly on day 1 when I woke up. It was gone by day 3. It was pretty bad, but quite frankly I didn't really care what people thought.