50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Donor permitting you need over 6000+ based on this photo. I don't think any number is too high. It appears you have a big head, big hairloss area which means you should have a big donor as well. Of course I could be wrong since I have only seem a few photos.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

It all depends on your donor and realistic expectations. In my opinion, 3500-4k grafts will make a huge cosmetic difference - variables include: do you leave your crown untouched? do you forego dense packing and go for more coverage, etc. The need for 6k+ grafts is sometimes un-necessary for some of us that have reached a certain age and are simply looking for a HT procedure to provide a significant improvement - not 100% full restoration. That's what I opted for in my case..

It all depends on your donor and realistic expectations

You are right. Depending on expectations. 4000 will make a huge difference in the front.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Will be hard to conduct the poll as 95% of patients do not post or share feedback or results online. Thats if you look at the number of new patients that post each year. There is only a handful from each clinic and primarily clinics post results themselves of preferred cases mostly. Poll could also be flawed by various sources.

Dutchie, id say in the hands of a great yielding doc, with proper surgical protocol,3500 to 4000 grafts can assist you. Otherwise, if you to a doc tgat is known to do small recipient areas with massive use of grafts, it may exceed your numbers beyond 5000 grafts. Whatever you do, tread carefully and think of the best way to approach this. Good luck and best wishes.

Donor permitting you need over 6000+ based on this photo. I don't think any number is too high. It appears you have a big head, big hairloss area which means you should have a big donor as well. Of course I could be wrong since I have only seem a few photos.

Ha ha....yeah I have a long head with lots of donor hair in the back

That great! How many graft did they recommend? If you decide to come let me know when and health permitting we can meet up.

That great! How many graft did they recommend? If you decide to come let me know when and health permitting we can meet up.

They're doing a FUT and they're gonna shoot for 3500 to 4000 grafts. I'm doing my laxity exercises as we speak :)

I'd love to hook up for some beers but not until I do my 2nd surgery next year. Right now I'm not the most social person because of my ugly, bald head :o

Happy for you that you found your surgeon. Sometimes I think trying to decide who to go with can be the most frustrating part of this. Unfortunately for me the surgeon I think I will go with is booked eight months out. How long of a wait will you have?

Will be hard to conduct the poll as 95% of patients do not post or share feedback or results online. Thats if you look at the number of new patients that post each year. There is only a handful from each clinic and primarily clinics post results themselves of preferred cases mostly. Poll could also be flawed by various sources.

Dutchie, id say in the hands of a great yielding doc, with proper surgical protocol,3500 to 4000 grafts can assist you. Otherwise, if you to a doc tgat is known to do small recipient areas with massive use of grafts, it may exceed your numbers beyond 5000 grafts. Whatever you do, tread carefully and think of the best way to approach this. Good luck and best wishes.

If I can get 3500+ grafts my first surgery, and another 3000 my 2nd surgery I'll be happy customer.

I was gonna focus my first 2 surgeries mostly on frontal and midscalp, and perhaps fill in my crown with beardhair and chesthair at a later date

• Administrators
They're doing a FUT and they're gonna shoot for 3500 to 4000 grafts. I'm doing my laxity exercises as we speak :)

I'd love to hook up for some beers but not until I do my 2nd surgery next year. Right now I'm not the most social person because of my ugly, bald head :o

H&W have an amazing track record, 4,000 grafts should yield a very good result congrats.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Happy for you that you found your surgeon. Sometimes I think trying to decide who to go with can be the most frustrating part of this. Unfortunately for me the surgeon I think I will go with is booked eight months out. How long of a wait will you have?

Who's on your list?

Who's on your list?

With no disrespect to any of the other doctors my personal list has come down

to Cooley, Gabel , Shapiro and in the end Konior. He just feels like the right fit

for me. I know he is expensive but he is one of the absolute best. I have consulted

with him online but even his in person consults are booked into May. I don't mind waiting for the best results possible. Dr Konior has been great at responding to emails and I trust his judgement.

With no disrespect to any of the other doctors my personal list has come down

to Cooley, Gabel , Shapiro and in the end Konior. He just feels like the right fit

for me. I know he is expensive but he is one of the absolute best. I have consulted

with him online but even his in person consults are booked into May. I don't mind waiting for the best results possible. Dr Konior has been great at responding to emails and I trust his judgement.

Konior is absolutely exceptional. Just love his meticulous nature. Will look fwd to hearing more.

Konior is absolutely exceptional. Just love his meticulous nature. Will look fwd to hearing more.

With all respect Dutchie I am not trying to hijack your thread I will make my own when it is time. Thank You esrec he is exceptional. I really need a surgeon that cares about their patients. Aftercare is as important to me as the surgery itself. My hair loss isn't all so bad I have been told I am a 3v. My frontal third is all I need to address for now. I do have some things going against me. I have medium fine hair and even though I am fit even played football in college I have genetic high blood pressure . I also have some retro alopecia I think. Other doctors I have been to (not any of those I listed) acted like they didn't know what that was. They told me I was a perfect candidate when I clearly am not. Dr Konior has written papers about this type of loss and he will not clear me until he looks at in person. He is ethical and like I said will trust his judgement. So for me it's just a long wait. I will make my own thread when this all goes down.

I was surprised to learn H&W waiting list is only 2 to 3 months

Congrats, are you going with Hasson or Wong?