50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The swelling is more likely if the doc uses a lot of anastaisia. Dr Rahal generally does use a lot, but all docs mentioned on this thread are top docs, and the difference between H+W, Shipiro and Rahal and Dr Jones is the difference between average and world class.

If i were you, i'd take consults with all three, send pictures to them and they will evaluate from there and give you an idea of what's possible.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Like others said, put price and travel aside if you can. I left NY for Minneapolis. I did not plan on doing that initially. Truth is, there's a handful of docs that significantly increase your chances of a positive outcome. You only get one head ;)

I believe some of the doctors have consultants in Toronto. I believe Hasson and Wong has one can come see you and explain the procedure.

If i were you, i'd take consults with all three, send pictures to them and they will evaluate from there and give you an idea of what's possible

The more consults the better.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I believe some of the doctors have consultants in Toronto. I believe Hasson and Wong has one can come see you and explain the procedure

Yup, there is. He's located on Queens quay in TO. I already left him a message

Don't fool yourself this kind of garbage still happens. Although maybe not in the same doll hair effects. Many people come out of a transplant looking worse. Any person with a medical certificate can do transplants without any additional training.

This is why its important to choose a doctor that is good. Websites like this assist you in making the smart and right decision

Have you see Wayne Rooney?? He has all that money, and still came out with a horrible HT

article-2329525-19F41B12000005DC-884_306x423.jpg

Have you see Wayne Rooney?? He has all that money, and still came out with a horrible HT

The other issue with Rooney is that he had his procedure very young when his hair loss was still progressing quickly, and I would bet you he is not on Propecia to help stabilize the loss of existing hair. After he got the HT, he continued to loose existing hair.

At the beginning everyone thought Rooney hair transplant was amazing. This was because he wore a lot of concealer. Now he isn't wearing any everyone thinks its a failure. It does look very thin but as stated he is going to lose a lot more hair.

A soccer player that just retired told us that Alex Del Piero was loosing his hair and didn't know what to do to maintain it. He was not allowed to take finasteride because of doping issues. So I don't believe Rooney is able to use it.

There is a soccer player named Antonio Conte (Italian national coach and maybe Manchester United future coach) that had two horrible transplants. He finally had a proper transplant to repair it. Soccer player are too busy to research and assume all transplant doctors are the same. I have enclosed a picture of Conte to show his bad transplant and his repair.

tumblr_m1l6gw6buy1r367x3o1_500.jpg.3f0ea16b8462c295e0168f7a2f0a3a9f.jpg

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Administrators

That picture is from 2013, I believe he got his second procedure after that picture was taken, he has a better result now, as for concealer, I don't think there is any concealer that would last headhunting a ball with a bunch of sweat in your head, it would most definitely run and be visible whilst playing, his results looks good, of course I do think he'll another transplant down the line. Also, Wayne Rooney is young, the younger you are the less stable your hairloss typically, judging from your avatar if guess you're in your 50's-60's if that's true that makes you a better candidate.

Wayne Rooney 2015

2rm6oti.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

How's the scheduling of consults coming along? If you hustle you can organize conversations quickly. I recall speaking to 6 doctors in about a 10 day stretch. Many of these docs try for a quick escape around the holidays so don't worry if responses are slow right about now.

How's the scheduling of consults coming along? If you hustle you can organize conversations quickly. I recall speaking to 6 doctors in about a 10 day stretch. Many of these docs try for a quick escape around the holidays so don't worry if responses are slow right about now

I left H&W Toronto's affiliate a voicemail, but they are off till Jan. 4th 2016.

Havent heard back from them yet

What I found interesting about Victor Hasson, he looks like he never had HT surgery himself. Maybe he doesnt care for it?? :confused:

hair-transplant-surgeon-victor-hasson.jpg

My best guess is that he would only get a HT procedure with the best in the world, and seeing even he can't perform a HT on himself .....

I just took a better pic of my forelock (tuft). I'm very lucky to have this because forelocks never fall out, and they are perfect to help disguise a transplant hairline

oh1uhc.jpg

Dutchie, it looks like you have a big area to cover. Therefore I would recommend FUT with Dr Hasson or Dr Ron Shapiro. Dr Hasson to get a large number of grafts, or Dr Ron due to his more mature hairlines and excellent use of grafts. However, I wouldn't go with Dr Rahal for your case. Good luck!

I just took a better pic of my forelock (tuft). I'm very lucky to have this because forelocks never fall out, and they are perfect to help disguise a transplant hairline

oh1uhc.jpg

Dr Seager passed away few yes ago. Dr Ferreira now does it. Used to be part of sure hair.

Very honest guy. Iam still 6 wks post op so can't comment on results yet, but he had good bedside manner and approachable .

Dr Seager passed away few yes ago. Dr Ferreira now does it. Used to be part of sure hair.

Very honest guy. Iam still 6 wks post op so can't comment on results yet, but he had good bedside manner and approachable

Thanks very much, Don. I'll add Ferreira to my research list :)

It really depends on what the goal or objective is with the individual patient. If the goal is to gain as much material coverage on the scalp surface, then many times the surgeon will make the recipient incisions more of a hyper-acute angle so that the regrowth is more close or flatter against the surface.

The trade-off would be to not attain as much of visual fullness or body. As the angulation is brought up, the hair shafts are not as flat to the scalp surface. IMHO, the goal especially in the frontal zone would be to match the angulation of the native hair. If there is no native hair left in the recipient zone, then a subjective angle of roughly 30% produces a good result.

So even though the same number of grafts or grafted density is used, there can be a varying degree of visual coverage depending on the skill and methodology of the surgeon.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

This thread started on Dec 26th and rarely seen one take off like wildfire!

And IMHO there is no way that 50% of all HT patients would regret their decision to have the procedure done....far from it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY