50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Boy, you sure didn't mess around. Been here for a month, got pointed in the right direction, then just went for it. Bravo!

I'd tip my hat if I ever took it off.

Why are you still wearing a hat?? Too scared to take the hair transplant plunge??

Ha ha.....my swelling has started. My eyes are starting to close shut and my face is getting puffy. This is good news because I wanna get the swelling part over with quickly so I can fly home after the weekend :)

Dutchie, congrats on the procedure! You must be thrilled you never went with Jones

If dr. Hasson can deliver the same results with me as he has with other N6's then yes. Thrilled would be right word!! :)

I also owe you guys on this forum a debt of grattitude. You, garageland, Lorenzo, Esrec and a bunch of others just to name a few.

Its not that dr. Jones is a bad HT doctor, in fact he's quite good. He's just not among the worlds elite

Right now I'm just sitting in my hotel room watching TV. I cant really go out for beers because I cant drink for 5 days.

So I'm kinda bored right now.

If anyone has any questions then shoot. I'll be on this forum till midnight PST

How hands-on in the surgery was Dr Hasson?

Hasson did the cutting of the FUT strip himself. He also did the whole punching in donor recipient area himself. His assistants did the actual placing of the grafts. It took 2 girls to insert the grafts, and 3 more to do the graft slicing.

H&W is a very professionally run clinic. I'm trying to think of something negative to say but I cant. Maybe the rooms were 2 degrees too cold. How's that??

4200 grafts is going to look awesome!....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

My surgery ended wednesday at 7pm. My swelling started next day thursday at 6pm. Its now almost gone, so the whole swelling ordeal only lasted about 28 hours.

Also my FUT scar finally stopped hurting. Thank god for percocets or I wouldve gotten no sleep last 2 nights

I'm going to create a progress thread when I get back to Toronto, but here's one of my first pics. You can see the scar and how far Hasson managed to get the 4217 grafts.

By the way how many grafts do you guys think it would take to cover my crown?? I estimate around 2,000

2a9v449.jpg

The crown is a black hole for grafts Dutchie, it eats them up, and you need more grafts to fill a smaller area than elsewhere on the head, but 2,000 to 3,000 should do the trick.

Yeah I figure 2,000 should be enough.

The crown as far as I'm concerned doesnt have to be ultra dense

So if I got 4,200 grafts total, and my front scalp was dense packed, how many grafts did my midscalp get (approximately) since it got less grafts??

If you contact the clinic, they can give you the distribution from your chart including the total number of single hair grafts, doubles, triples, etc.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 months later...
Glad you are happy with your results so far Dutchie. I am after years of searching finally

going under the knife on July 5th. Happy growing to everyone

Which doctor are you going with??

• 6 years later...