WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

paleo, I hope you take a screenshot of your face being put out there by the clinic. that was very unprofessional and unethical. if you don't have a lawyer you should get one and sue the f out of them...

Also, My apologies. when you first posted on here I was reluctant to fully take your side and I was wrong. You have been through a very traumatic ordeal. Thank you for sharing it. You are a class act in my book.

I wonder is there a reputable surgeon on this forum that might consider offering options to Paleo for repair work pro bono if ultimately needed. Obviously one should wait twelve months to see your final results but I suspect the next six months may just be as anxious for Paleo as the previous six months.

But if Paleo had a commitment from another surgeon to fix things after a year if things don't improve, well I'm sure that could make life a little easier for Paleo in the months to come.

I wonder is there a reputable surgeon on this forum that might consider offering options to Paleo for repair work pro bono if ultimately needed. Obviously one should wait twelve months to see your final results but I suspect the next six months may just be as anxious for Paleo as the previous six months.

But if Paleo had a commitment from another surgeon to fix things after a year if things don't improve, well I'm sure that could make life a little easier for Paleo in the months to come.

Was thinking the same thing.

• Administrators

It would be great for paleo to be repaired, and I do think he's a candidate, however, I don't think he's in a place mentally to go through with it, I think and this is just my opinion he should try and conserve the hair he has now which is still a lot, and just move on for the time being, maybe in a few years once he's in his 30's maybe at that point he could look in to restoration, fully educated and knowing his hairloss pattern and what to expect. I don't think it would be fair right now for paleo or the surgeon to attempt a repair at this time.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

here is the thing, if a surgeon is going to give a member on this board a free surgery, I really feel that members of this board should make a commitment to reward that surgeon with some business. obviously no one works for free and if a dr commits to help one of our own then we help that doctor out by getting ht's from him.

You were right to be concerned so early, and at six months these result is sub par, you could drive a bus through the gaps of the transplanted hairs.

I believe the transplant will get better, but i doubt you will be near satisfied with it. As someone mentioned, emu oil will help on the recipient, i'm currently using it on mine and it i feel it really helps post HT.

It would be useful to see the hair grown out more to have a more accurate view of what it looks like longer.

If This doc does not get removed from the recommended doctors we should all keep an eye on his future results and if bad as expected, then HTN will no doubt have no choice but to end this clinics recommendation.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Paleo, I hope this forum will help you in finding a good repair doc. I hope one of the docs here will chime in for an assesment and strategy plan. The clinic's response is a joke. And breaching privacy to add insult to injury. Unbelievable. Hope you get a full refund AND some compensation.

At this stage HTN should really reconsider it's approach to recommending Docs with those kind of results and way of doing business. Just saying.

Paleo, I hope this forum will help you in finding a good repair doc. I hope one of the docs here will chime in for an assesment and strategy plan. The clinic's response is a joke. And breaching privacy to add insult to injury. Unbelievable. Hope you get a full refund AND some compensation.

At this stage HTN should really reconsider it's approach to recommending Docs with those kind of results and way of doing business. Just saying.

I hope Paleo gets some visibility with this thread and help from one of the top 4 docs.

I highly doubt any surgeon that has followed Paleo would agree to take him on as a patient. Just read his initial posts - he is just not psychologically fit to have this type of elective surgery, even if it's a repair. Sorry Paleo, I really feel for you, and the pictures are not looking positive at all. I wonder if your depression and your state of mind is partially to blame, but at he same time, not looking good for the clinic at all. It was such a small area that was covered, so I would expect to see much better than that. Paleo, not much I can say to make this better for you, and I respect what you have done here by exposing this clinic. I would focus on fixing the emotional problems, and only then, once you are in a better frame of mind should you pursue repair work.

Can you please do a favor to let hairs grow same length with your native hair this will give us better point of view either bad or good...

Thanks

Why did you delete the apology you originally posted for posting pics of Paleo's face without his consent? I'm sorry mate, but if one of my employees made a mistake like that they would be fired on the spot. Completely unacceptable, and I don't think Pat and Bill should tolerate that type of mistake on this forum.

Edited by Stig

I highly doubt any surgeon that has followed Paleo would agree to take him on as a patient. Just read his initial posts - he is just not psychologically fit to have this type of elective surgery, even if it's a repair. Sorry Paleo, I really feel for you, and the pictures are not looking positive at all. I wonder if your depression and your state of mind is partially to blame, but at he same time, not looking good for the clinic at all. It was such a small area that was covered, so I would expect to see much better than that. Paleo, not much I can say to make this better for you, and I respect what you have done here by exposing this clinic. I would focus on fixing the emotional problems, and only then, once you are in a better frame of mind should you pursue repair work.

I don't think saying paleo is psychologically unfit is a fair call. He invested 1 year of his life researching and saving up money. Another year waiting, hoping, and only getting a disappointing result. That would take a toll on anyone.

He surely is vindictive and deservedly so. At least he got the machine turning!

He made it crystal clear that we should question tech mills, esp those with motorised FUE! Even if they scored a recommendation on this forum.

• Like 1

Why did you delete the apology you originally posted for posting pics of Paleo's face without his consent? I'm sorry mate, but if one of my employees made a mistake like that they would be fired on the spot. Completely unucceptable, and I don't think Pat and Bill should tolerate that type of mistake on this forum.

Because he's classless.

The same way he's been parading around the forum for weeks trying to revive every single Doganay thread in hopes of finding someone who has something nice to say. And because he thinks admitting a mistake is weakness, when its really a sign of humility and compassion. Not surprising at all considering the practice in discussion.

The mods need to do something. Cenkoa should be banned, unless Cenkoa is in fact Taurism, in which case he just keeps coming back to life.

I don't think saying paleo is psychologically unfit is a fair call. He invested 1 year of his life researching and saving up money. Another year waiting, hoping, and only getting a disappointing result. That would take a toll on anyone.

He surely is vindictive and deservedly so. At least he got the stone rolling!

Sorry mate, we agree to disagree. I agree with and respect some of what he has done here, and he has some valid reasons to go after Dr Doganay the way he has. At the same time, this appears to be a guy who suffers from high anxiety and depression based on his posts, especially the very first thread he created. This is not the type of patient you perform this type of elective surgery where one has to wait a year to see the final outcome, it's just not. I also haven't seen him take full ownership of his own mistakes and accountability for the decision he ultimately took. If I was a hair surgeon, I wouldn't take on this type of patient who is going to blame everyone else but himself if something goes wrong. Just look at the way he attacked Bill yesterday for the article he wrote about the qualifications of the technicians, when Paleo's gripe is the fact that Doganay never did a thorough assessment, implanted too many grafts over a small area, and had technitions perform a portion of the incisions. That's the first time Paleo challenged the qualifications of Doganay's technicians. It was an uncalled for attack, and why I doubt many surgeons would take him on. I could be wrong.

Because he's classless.

The same way he's been parading around the forum for weeks trying to revive every single Doganay thread in hopes of finding someone who has something nice to say. And because he thinks admitting a mistake is weakness, when its really a sign of humility and compassion. Not surprising at all considering the practice in discussion.

The mods need to do something. Cenkoa should be banned, unless Cenkoa is in fact Taurism, in which case he just keeps coming back to life.

Maybe we should connect Taurisrisin with Cenkoa and have Doganay perform a procedure on him - think about it marriage ade in heaven.

Why did you delete the apology you originally posted for posting pics of Paleo's face without his consent? I'm sorry mate, but if one of my employees made a mistake like that they would be fired on the spot. Completely unacceptable, and I don't think Pat and Bill should tolerate that type of mistake on this forum.[/quote

Common man pictures was just cropped it before post only little his part of eyes was showing ( in 10 second ) as soon as I have seen this then I cropped again that's it. Again sorry for it.

I think you missed that Paloe deleted his word ( fucking kidding to bill ) All you need to do just be fair

Thanks

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Hi Cenkoa, what does Dr Doganay have to say about all the negative results on HRN? Is he concerned at all? Is he going to change anything to improve results ?

Thanks

Hello FUE2014

Thanks for asking question in good way. As an AHD Clinic we had been changed many things I can inform you about some of them First one was divide operation in to 2 days who needs around 3000 grafts Second one all staff had been trained by Dr. Hakan DOGANAY so since he became busy he could not do 2 operation in a day therefore He decided to trained his assistance to help him.. ( One of the biggest disadvantage is with Choi Pen you can't perform many case in one day). We have very good result in 2015 getting better however Since Paleo showed up with his imaginary experience about clinic our reliability has been started to went down... By the way no need mention about trolls who just appear in 3 months ( except some ) that they made this thread worse and worse all we knew.

Personally I have huge consideration about paleo whatever his result and decision given by Bill will not make him happy I knew He will try his best to fret the Doctor.

Sorry I don't have much time to sit and read pointless discussions here.

Well we had very big changed which will make people feel more confident again with Doctor hopefully Bill will inform all of you with his final decision very soon.

Thanks

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Hello FUE2014

Thanks for asking question in good way. As an AHD Clinic we had been changed many things I can inform you about some of them First one was divide operation in to 2 days who needs around 3000 grafts Second one all staff had been trained by Dr. Hakan DOGANAY so since he became busy he could not do 2 operation in a day therefore He decided to trained his assistance to help him.. ( One of the biggest disadvantage is with Choi Pen you can't perform many case in one day). We have very good result in 2015 getting better however Since Paleo showed up with his imaginary experience about clinic our reliability has been started to went down... By the way no need mention about trolls who just appear in 3 months ( except some ) that they made this thread worse and worse all we knew.

Personally I have huge consideration about paleo whatever his result and decision given by Bill will not make him happy I knew He will try his best to fret the Doctor.

Sorry I don't have much time to sit and read pointless discussions here.

Well we had very big changed which will make people feel more confident again with Doctor hopefully Bill will inform all of you with his final decision very soon.

Thanks

So what you're saying is that since he got "busy" the quality of his work went down and Paleo suffered because of it? Why not refund him in FULL for his pain and suffering?

Thank you all for the support guys.

I think you are right. I should have never had a HT in the first place. And I don't think having a second one is a good idea. (unless it is strictly for correction that can't be addressed in other ways) As I learned after the procedure, I have a very advanced and large balding pattern and don't have enough grafts to cover for it. Putting more grafts to the front to increase density and scar myself again, while I am losing hair behind is not a good way to address my problem in my opinion. No more mistakes, I have to assume the worst case scenario and plan backwards.

I made a mistake by jumping into something with very little research and I have to bare it's consequences. I am not going to do that again, I need a plan.

First I am going to wait till 12-18 month to see what I have to deal with, it's not going to be easy but intervening before would be probably irresponsible. Then I am going to consult with some of the top docs and get may balding pattern and my donor capacity properly assessed this time.

During the last six months I went through hell, social isolation and depression, but I think that put my hairloss into a different perspective. Sure losing hair sucks (especially when you are young) but it doesn't necessarily ruin your life. But having a a bad unnatural looking HT and scars on your head is way worse. Naturally, my priorities have changed and I don't want a full head of hair and a great hairline anymore. I just want to look normal. If the final results are acceptable - even if it is only a mediocre looking result - then I will try to live with that.

If the result look unnatural and unacceptable I think removing some grafts (either via laser, electrolysis, or punching) and creating a high receded mature hairline is a better approach then using up the limited grafts I have in the front. I don't want more cuts unless it is absolutely necessary.

Stig:

I don't know what else do you want from me to show you I have accepted my share of the responsibility. I clearly didn't do a thorough research and that is on me. Emotionally influenced by my hairloss, I just wanted a solution to my problem and I didn't nearly comprehend the gravity of having a HT and the HT industry.

Yes, I took the first step on the road that led to this point, but how much blame should be on me? Assessing my decisions, if I could do it again I would probably fell into the same mistakes again. I think the fundamental mistake that influenced my behavior was thinking that I am seeking medical help from a doctor. I had several small surgeries in my life and I never scrutinized the doctor their recommendations their techniques and the assistants they used. Simply because I am wired that way, Doctors are highly respected members of western societies and their authority makes people put their trust into them without having second thoughts. I know now that HT procedures and doctors are a completely different breed.

Yes, my fundamental problem with Dr Doganay is that he found me eligible for a HT without any proper assessment. All the other things followed after, as I learned more and more about Dr D and the HT industry as a whole.

About the article: That article is clearly not about whether technicians have or don't have a paper about their qualifications, but the importance of the skills and the involvement of the technicians. And that is in connection with the whole Dr D case.

Let's face it Bill is probably not going to cease the recommendation of Dr D. But proclaiming that the safety of the patients is the most important thing, writing articles (probably inspired by the Dr D case) about the dangers of utilizing techs without skills (or license or qualifications) for most critical parts of the procedure while protecting a clinic that does exactly that is what made me snap. And I might have expressed myself harshly for which I apologize.

but the response I got from Bill is an overstatement in my opinion

I'm pretty much sick and tired of your ranting and bullying. The article talks about the dangers of "unlicensed" and "inexperienced" technicians. The issue with Dr. Doganay is not the same thing. That said, I've taken the concerns of the community seriously and have been investigating things. I'm still waiting to hear back from the clinic regarding Dr. Doganay's future involvement in procedures. However, I will not entertain your threats and bullying anymore. If you can't behave and speak to me or other members of this community respectfully, it's time for you to go.

I don't think I am ranting, bullying or threatening anyone. If I do, please call me out on it.

Edited by paleocapa89
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the support guys.

I think you are right. I should have never had a HT in the first place. And I don't think having a second one is a good idea. (unless it is strictly for correction that can't be addressed in other ways) As I learned after the procedure, I have a very advanced and large balding pattern and don't have enough grafts to cover for it. Putting more grafts to the front to increase density and scar myself again, while I am losing hair behind is not a good way to address my problem in my opinion. No more mistakes, I have to assume the worst case scenario and plan backwards.

I made a mistake by jumping into something with very little research and I have to bare it's consequences. I am not going to do that again, I need a plan.

First I am going to wait till 12-18 month to see what I have to deal with, it's not going to be easy but intervening before would be probably irresponsible. Then I am going to consult with some of the top docs and get may balding pattern and my donor capacity properly assessed this time.

During the last six months I went through hell, social isolation and depression, but I think that put my hairloss into a different perspective. Sure losing hair sucks (especially when you are young) but it doesn't necessarily ruin your life. But having a a bad unnatural looking HT and scars on your head is way worse. Naturally, my priorities have changed and I don't want a full head of hair and a great hairline anymore. I just want to look normal. If the final results are acceptable - even if it is only a mediocre looking result - then I will try to live with that.

If the result look unnatural and unacceptable I think removing some grafts (either via laser, electrolysis, or punching) and creating a high receded mature hairline is a better approach then using up the limited grafts I have in the front. I don't want more cuts unless it is absolutely necessary.

Stig:

I don't know what else do you want from me to show you I have accepted my share of the responsibility. I clearly didn't do a thorough research and that is on me. Emotionally influenced by my hairloss, I just wanted a solution to my problem and I didn't nearly comprehend the gravity of having a HT and the HT industry.

Yes, I took the first step on the road that led to this point, but how much blame should be on me? Assessing my decisions, if I could do it again I would probably fell into the same mistakes again. I think the fundamental mistake that influenced my behavior was thinking that I am seeking medical help from a doctor. I had several small surgeries in my life and I never scrutinized the doctor their recommendations their techniques and the assistants they used. Simply because doctors are highly respected members of western societies and their authority makes people put their trust into them without having second thoughts. I know now that HT procedures and doctors are a completely different breed.

Yes, my fundamental problem with Dr Doganay is that he found me eligible for a HT without any proper assessment. All the other things followed after, as I learned more and more about Dr D and the HT industry as a whole.

About the article: That article is clearly not about whether technicians have or don't have a paper about their qualifications, but the importance of the skills and the involvement of the technicians. And that is in connection with the whole Dr D case.

Let's face it, Bill is never going to cease the recommendation of Dr D. But proclaiming that the safety of the patients is the most important thing, writing articles (probably inspired by the Dr D case) about the dangers of utilizing techs without skills (or license or qualifications) for most critical parts of the procedure while protecting a clinic that does exactly that is what made me snap. And I might have expressed myself harshly for which I apologize.

but the response I got from Bill is an overstatement in my opinion

I don't think I am ranting, bullying or threatening anyone. If I do, please call me out on it.

Ofcourse Bill is going to threaten to kick you out of HRN, you've questioned the credibility of this forum (rightfully so) and he's not doing anything, but defending Dr. D.

This is a great forum with great info, but when a hack like Dr D is allowed to be recommended after all the negative reviews, then it's obvious the Mods care MORE about $$$ at the end of the day and not the members. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Ofcourse Bill is going to threaten to kick you out of HRN, you've questioned the credibility of this forum (rightfully so) and he's not doing anything, but defending Dr. D.

This is a great forum with great info, but when a hack like Dr D is allowed to be recommended after all the negative reviews, then it's obvious the Mods care MORE about $$$ at the end of the day and not the members. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

I feel the same. if bill bans paleo, he can ban me also

However this whole thing turns out, - regarding my final results, the recommendation of Dr. D. and the measures this site might or might not implement to protect the patients - I think I did what I could do. I think the example of my story, my mistakes and the collective information that was gathered (regardless of Dr D.) serves the benefit of this community. I am not going to push any more boundaries that could jeopardize that. From now on I will only stick around to share the development of my result, and to ask respected members for advice how to carry on with a repair if it will be necessary.

Thank you all for the support.