INTRODUCING: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplant Surgery

As many of you probably know, I've wanted to become an "HT_Doc" since before even starting medical school. I was fortunate enough to find my position as an editor, moderator, and writer for the Hair Transplant Network, and learned a lot about hair loss and hair restoration along the way.

What most of you probably don't know, however, is that I've also been training "behind the scenes" for some time as well. 5 years ago, I met Dr. Alan Feller. He was kind enough to provide advice and guidance on becoming a hair restoration physician. Several years later, he invited me to his clinic to observe a few actual surgeries. We ended up sharing a very similar philosophy with respect to practicing hair restoration. One thing led to another, and I was invited to formally train in hair transplant surgery at his New York office.

After two years of training, Dr. Feller and I decided to continue our relationship and partner in a new practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplant Surgery.

Starting July 1st, 2015, Dr. Feller and I will be working full-time out of our office in Great Neck, New York. At this point, I will officially "retire" my "Future_HT_Doc" account and create a new "Dr. Blake Bloxham" account. Though I will no longer officially serve as a moderator of the community, I will always be on the network to share content, answer questions, interact with members, and contribute articles.

After I've accumulated a number of cases, I also want to be considered for recommendation and hopefully join the ranks of our excellent recommended/Coalition doctors as well.

Until July 1st, I will continue in my current role as a moderator, editor, and writer for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Learning Center, and Hair Loss Q&A blog. After that, I invite you all to stop by and check out the new "Feller and Bloxham" practice.

I cannot thank you all enough for the past few years. Interacting with members, serving as a patient advocate, and helping hair loss sufferers restore their self-confidence has been so rewarding!

Again, thank you.

wckG7O.jpg

zmkuWO.jpg

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake,

I congratulate you! Dr. Feller could have chosen anyone for such an honor. It speaks volumes that you were selected to partner with such a skilled and highly respected surgeon.

It's been a true pleasure working with you over the last few years and I'll be watching your career with keen interest.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations Blake.

Dr. Feller is one of those docs (was one?) willing to risk discuss things down here in the animal enclosure with us miscreants.

And he was a reasonably early FUE adapter in the US too. He made some very frank remarks about HT and FUE that impressed me at a time few would discuss it. I certainly disagree with the 'FUE-is-for-small' jobs.

But it begs the question. Now that you are in New York, and now that larger and larger FUE jobs are the norm (except in the states where laws and economics don't allow it) perhaps you could attempt to answer this question.

In 2015, in the state of New York, what is the legal status of technicians performing extractions with some thing like the 'Feller punch', the 'Harris punch' or any other hand held mechanical or manual extraction tool other than the Neograft (or its predecessor) ? (I am not referring to ARTAS or robotic stuff)?

Congratulations Blake!! Working with one of the best.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Much congrats, Blake. If I was an East Coaster, I'd stop on by for my next procedure with you post haste!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

That's great news Blake! My SMP clinic is actually just 15 minutes away from your office so I'll stop by one day and say hello. And Dr. Feller is indeed looking much slimmer!

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Congratulations Blake. Very happy for you.

When I started using this Forum a long time ago and saw your screen name of "Future HT Doc".....I didn't think that you would really be a future HT Doc!

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Started on here many years ago (under another name)

Who knew you were in med school training?!

Since you look 12!!

CONGRATULATIONS DR.BLOXHAM

ONLY THE BEST TO YOU

Your story inspires.

Congratulations to you Blake I think it will be a great fit for a number of reasons and I am sure to be able to learn from Dr Feller has been a great benefit. I hope you will continue to pass on your knowledge and experience to the forums. I wish you all the best and I am sure you will do very well.

And on a personal note WOW! Dr Feller you look great and have shed a lot of weight judging from the videos you were putting out last year. Well done to you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Guys,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It really means the world to me. I've truly loved interacting with all of you on the community over the past 5 years. Starting this next chapter is very exciting; but having your guy's support makes it all the sweeter!

Dr. Lindsey,

Dr. Feller is feeling great! He's just as pumped and ready as I am for this new venture.

Hairthere,

Sounds like a deal! Look forward to meeting you in person.

Joe,

I'm not sure if I will be at the ISHRS conference in Chicago this year. If we do attend, we will definitely meet up.

SAD,

Still finishing up a few things on the new site. I'll let you guys know when it's up and running. Look forward to loading it up with cases too!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.