Fue scar 12 Month post op (pictures)

David my friend, with all due respect, the physical scarring is not the only issue at present here. The grafts were harvested WAY too low, most of them were harvested from outside the DHT-resistent zone which means there is a much higher chance those implanted grafts will miniaturize and become virtually non-existent in time. The over harvesting of an isolated area when there was an abundance of(safer) grafts elsewhere is perplexing and against the basic fundamentals of FUE and hair transplantation in general.

Johnny, I really feel for you man. I know you might not be able to help feeling down as I too had scar issues(with strip) and was depressed for some time. You have options and avenues you can take in order to remedy this but in the meantime grow you hair out longer and STOP looking at the back please. It will cause you nothing but heartache. I'm sure at a grade 3 it won't be noticeable. I can't even cut my hair shorter than a grade 5/6 without signs of surgical intervention. You still have alot of grafts left that you can use so there is still hope.

Mickey, thank you for your concern. well what can i say? yes if i grows out it becomes less noticebull, but it is nice to have a shorter haircut in the sides and back these days. especieally if your hair on top is thinning like most of us here, and i was offcourse aware there would be some scaring, but they way they harvested has made it really bad :-(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

johnny2000,

PLEASE DON'T BE DISHEARTENED!

Your situation is not disastrous or irreparable. Keep in mind that members here are extremely well educated on FUE and hair restoration, and notice far more than the average person. We are a very picky bunch that spend way too much time looking at hair restorations.

FUE scarring will be visible on anyone with a shaved head, and is usually detectable at a zero guard. Even without further intervention, the back of your head should look fine at even a 1 guard, or at most a 2 guard.

This is not to say that your clinic shouldn't explain why the grafts were taken as low as they were or why they apparently weren't taken from a larger area -- but you'll be fine!! If your results aren't up to par, you look to have plenty of donor available to shore things up.

So don't dismay. Okay?

i will try to stay strong, and if my result was really good, then i might be less concerned about the donor, but the result is just as bad, so that makes Things alot worse. i used 3-4 years of researching to try to not end up a repair case, and i still ended up that way ! that is so F...ing depressing :-(

Johnny,

Sorry you're upset with the scarring. I'm glad Dave contacted Dr. Doganay and I look forward to his explanation. I'm not sure if it was discussed, but hopefully you're pleased with the frontal work?

While I do completely sympathize and I do not want to trivialize what you're going through, but I think we can learn something from your case: FUE is not a scarless procedure. There is question of overharvesting and taking grafts outside of the traditional safe zone. Both of these increase the chances of scarring from an FUE procedure. Even when utilized properly and in the best of hands, however, it leaves scars. It's generally very minimal, but it's important to understand that all hair transplant surgery creates cosmetic scarring.

Sorry to rant a bit in your thread, but I just felt like it was an opportunity to learn. Again, I look forward to Dr. Doganay's reply. If there is anything I, or any of the other moderators, can do to help in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

blake thank you for taking the time to answer. as i explained to the others members, i am fully aware that there would be scars, but like you said yourself, the area they extracted from has made it alot worse than it could have been. and my result is really NOT good either. i could be less worried of the donor if my results was good, but that is far from the case. what is my next step from here? do i demand a full refund? i am 100 % sure that i will never return to this clinic Again to get repaired. and even though i might get a refund i still ended up as a repair patient, so now i need to spend ALOT more Money, and not to mention, grafts ! grafts that i dont have unlimitted of :-(

Hi Johnny,

I am sorry for what you have been through, and understand the position you find yourself in, I too was left in a similar predicament.

The best way to move forward would be slowly with gradual improvements. It would appear that the size of punch used was quite large, and that the area was over harvested, combined with a poor extraction pattern. I would grow your hair a little longer and use the search function for scar repair. Perhaps with your next procedure you could try some fue into the scars and see how they grow.

All the best

ej

It would be interesting to know what was discussed at the consultation stage, medications, family history, future loss etc and also what the goals of the procedure were? Did the doctor suggest taking medications for a year see what they could do before any procedure?

ej

It would be interesting to know what was discussed at the consultation stage, medications, family history, future loss etc and also what the goals of the procedure were? Did the doctor suggest taking medications for a year see what they could do before any procedure?

ej

i have been on finasteride for around 5 years and still am.

the medication helped stop the hairloss quite well

the doctor also knew i was on finasteride

the day of the operation, i meet dr. ayhan and talked to him.

he was also the one i discussed all the things with.

he spoke good english and dr. hakan could not speak english.

dr. ayhan also draw the hairline and told me where they would be able to put grafts in

i only meet dr. hakan for a couple of minutes before the surgery where he VERY shortly touched my hair and looked at it.

i told dr ayahn that my father and grandfather was a norwood about 5-6.

the goal was to lower the hairline to where the line was drawn.

i defenetly did NOT want it lower than this i would rather fill in the thin areas

but i dont think to much grafts where placed in the thin areas

it was 2 lady's that extracted the hairs.

i actually wondered why they worked so much in the lower donor area insted of working in a larger area.

but when you lay down on the operation chair, totally numb and nervous and cannot see what is going on in the back of your head, how could i then question them?

and then dr hakan implanted the hairs with help from a lady asistent who i dont know was.

these are a couple of min. before my HT

I know it is a pain and will cost $$$$ but is looks like it can be and easy fix for a good FUE doc. You have great characteristics. Many aren't as lucky.

Your consult with Ferudini (sp) is in the right direction

Wish you the best

I think his techs need sacking!!! They destroyed my donor and i had a crap result . Of the hairs that did grow, some are in the wrong direction.

So now im paranoid when someone walks behind me as my donor is worse than my hair on top.

Too many bad stories from this doc!!!!

Biggest mistake of my life!!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

They have got greedy and are a production line with no personal touch.

Dr Ayhan is fake, doesnt care about his clients and picked me up in scruffy jeans and t shirt smoking a fag!! Not the best of first impressions, but I went with it due to this site.

Hairloss affects some people badly and things like this makes the situation a whole lot worse.

Feel fore you mate. Go to a top doc for repair and look for the possibility of SMP for the donor.

If money is an issue, I strongly recommend Dr Saifi in Poland. Top bloke, ethical, nice place and everthying AHD clinic is not!!!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

I think his techs need sacking!!! They destroyed my donor and i had a crap result . Of the hairs that did grow, some are in the wrong direction.

So now im paranoid when someone walks behind me as my donor is worse than my hair on top.

Too many bad stories from this doc!!!!

Biggest mistake of my life!!!

This is very alarming.... I will await for Dr Hakan(or his clinic) to reply but I feel his recommendation should be looked over again if these are not isolated incidents... Very rarely have I heard of patients talking about their surgeon with such disdain, that speaks volumes to me.

I'm struggling to remember seeing a single patient that was satisfied with the outcome of this clinic.

Full refund warranted.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I agree with the above statement. In my opinion, this has become a clinic to stay away from in Turkey. Full refund is warranted.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Sorry to see this. Johnny im not sure you even needed a HT to begin with as you had a lot of hair pre op.

You still look to have a good amount of hair although regards the procedure all i can see that its left you with is the scarring.

I cant see any yield. It looks like they over harvested your nape area to get the finer hairs for your hairline lowering. You may have suffered some shockloss there also as a result.

Overall this is not a good outcome and i would think you should be refunded.

Sorry to see this. Johnny im not sure you even needed a HT to begin with as you had a lot of hair pre op.

You still look to have a good amount of hair although regards the procedure all i can see that its left you with is the scarring.

I cant see any yield. It looks like they over harvested your nape area to get the finer hairs for your hairline lowering. You may have suffered some shockloss there also as a result.

Overall this is not a good outcome and i would think you should be refunded.

Well a had contacted a few other clinics before who Also told me i needed 1500-2000 grafts

So they must Also have thought i needed a HT.

But yes i had some hairs pre-op but when you look at some of dr. Feridunis patients, they have alot more hair than me and still recieved more grafts than me

Well the clinic just e-mailed me and said that they do NOT Think the surgery has failed, but they are not happy with the density so they offers a free HT.

And they say that scaring is expected with a HT and i need 1,5 cm hair in the donor area.

So if This kind of scaring is expected for a 1300 grafts HT, then i dont know what to Think ?

I have requested a full refund and waiting for an answer.

Well a had contacted a few other clinics before who Also told me i needed 1500-2000 grafts

So they must Also have thought i needed a HT.

But yes i had some hairs pre-op but when you look at some of dr. Feridunis patients, they have alot more hair than me and still recieved more grafts than me

Well the clinic just e-mailed me and said that they do NOT Think the surgery has failed, but they are not happy with the density so they offers a free HT.

And they say that scaring is expected with a HT and i need 1,5 cm hair in the donor area.

So if This kind of scaring is expected for a 1300 grafts HT, then i dont know what to Think ?

I have requested a full refund and waiting for an answer.

Scarring with any hair transplant is basically guaranteed but to simply throw a blanket statement out like that as a means to discard all other glaring flaws in their protocol is completely erroneous due to:

1) the majority of the grafts being extracted from areas well outside the Dihydrotestosterone-resistant zone which is completely withing the hands of the clinic.

2) for 1,300 grafts I think the majority of people here would consider the scarring present to be disproportionate to the amount of grafts in a negative way sadly. Either due to using large diameter needles and/or removing grafts within very close proximity of eachother.

From what I can gather the grafts were taken from that area because this was purely a hairline case so they target the finer calibre grafts towards the bottom of the donor area because they closer resemble hairline hairs. However this area is not DHT-resistant and I feel they should have not gone ahead with the operation. Just my opinion.

This is the work of Dr Doganay??? What is this? It is completely unacceptable and egregious to harvest that low and to leave the the safer grafts in the mid-region predominantly untouched. This case begs for Doganay's work and protocol to be inspected. This is shocking.
too low huh? well what do u think of this patient? were his grafts extracted outside the safe donor zone meaning too low?

5DF060114P1_zps7472914d.jpg.8009856b70d370748b2ddd2201e53c08.jpg

too low huh? well what do u think of this patient? were his grafts extracted outside the safe donor zone meaning too low?

No, this seems pretty well done. The bulk of the harvesting is in the middle part, whereas with the OP it is strangely unbalanced.

johny2000 -- you actually have quite a decent head of hair pre op (I know everything is relative) , so definitely don't feel depressed about going out , etc. The situation is also quite fixable as some others have commented , and while the scars are quite visible to those of us (like in this forum) who are scanning for such things , to a lay person it will not be as obvious if you were to grow your hair even slightly longer . All that being said, this is indeed a subpar result -- whether to switch surgeons or not depends on how serious do you think they are about fixing their reputation . A lack of response by the doctors clinic on this board would seem to indicate they are not , at least so far .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny.... FUE is not a scarless procedure. .

For goodness sake!

Don't bash FUE for scarring. This is poor extraction protocol.

The doc was frightened by the miniature state of the 'rump' hair and thus went 'down' like a pilot flies under turbulence. Decision probably made in a fraction of a second.

Techs/doc then had to extract from a constricted zone, under time pressure and economic pressure (get 'x' no. of grafts)..result, patchy

The key take-away from this is that docs act impulsively and quickly because time is money!

This is not scar tissue. This is not a reason to change your mind and get a strip scar!

The clinic booked a patient - they expected 24 bananas. They got 12, and six were sickly. The local king said, peel 'em anyway, but just pick off the bottom ones.