Fue scar 12 Month post op (pictures)

Hello.

What do you guys Think of my fue scarring at 12 Month post op and cut Down with no guard with the clipper.

1300 grafts was taken.

I am actually a little choked to se that it looks that bad. If my surgeon had taken the grafts from a larger area, instead of only the low part of the back of the head, Then the scarring would proberly be a lot less.

?

image.jpg.3d729833b7aa70a9813330ae21b051bf.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i can obviesly not cut it This Low. That option is out for me. ?

Also the result is bad ?

I Will soon post a 1 year Update .

Man i am pretty Down.

I have developed a deep depression because of my hairloss and This HT have made it alot worse, ?

Just started going to therapi, and my relasionship is fucked because all i do all Day long is stay indoor and standing in the bathroom looking at my hair. ? (or lack of hair)

Bye bye life

Yeah i can obviesly not cut it This Low. That option is out for me. ?

Also the result is bad ?

I Will soon post a 1 year Update .

Man i am pretty Down.

I have developed a deep depression because of my hairloss and This HT have made it alot worse, ?

Just started going to therapi, and my relasionship is fucked because all i do all Day long is stay indoor and standing in the bathroom looking at my hair. ? (or lack of hair)

Bye bye life

Man I feel for you.

Was that your first procedure?

Why don't you find a decent surgeon to fix it?

I am sure there are better docts out there who could fix this.

Damn, Dr Doganay has a lot to answer for. What has happened to him? At one point a couple of years ago I thought he was one of the best, but there have been so many dissatisfied patients recently with little growth and now you with FUE scarring. Not good.

johnny,

Have you contacted Dr. Doganay regarding your concerns? I know from my personal communications with the clinic that they are very concerned about the results they produce and the satisfaction of their patients. I highly recommend reaching out to them if you have not yet done so.

I have also made Dr. Doganay aware of this thread and encouraged him to post a response and also to contact you privately.

I know that you have other concerns beyond the scarring. However, regarding scarring, even with FUE, patients should be aware that they may not be able to shave or closely buzz their heads afterward. There is no such thing as a totally scarless procedure. Though yours appears from the photos to be particularly bad when you head is shaved, the real test will be how it looks with a reasonable amount of hair growth.

If your hair transplant results are subpar also, I'm sure it can be fixed. Don't give up and try not to get depressed. I know it's tough dealing with a hair transplant that does not meet your expectation but in most cases, there is a solution.

Ultimately, I hope you find a happy resolution.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Have you contacted Dr. Doganay regarding your concerns?
the real test will be how it looks with a reasonable amount of hair growth.

Good advice. Contact the Dr. and also try growing the back out a little to see how it looks. Stay strong. You'll get through this.

This is the work of Dr Doganay??? What is this? It is completely unacceptable and egregious to harvest that low and to leave the the safer grafts in the mid-region predominantly untouched. This case begs for Doganay's work and protocol to be inspected. This is shocking.

johnny,

Have you contacted Dr. Doganay regarding your concerns? I know from my personal communications with the clinic that they are very concerned about the results they produce and the satisfaction of their patients. I highly recommend reaching out to them if you have not yet done so.

I have also made Dr. Doganay aware of this thread and encouraged him to post a response and also to contact you privately.

I know that you have other concerns beyond the scarring. However, regarding scarring, even with FUE, patients should be aware that they may not be able to shave or closely buzz their heads afterward. There is no such thing as a totally scarless procedure. Though yours appears from the photos to be particularly bad when you head is shaved, the real test will be how it looks with a reasonable amount of hair growth.

If your hair transplant results are subpar also, I'm sure it can be fixed. Don't give up and try not to get depressed. I know it's tough dealing with a hair transplant that does not meet your expectation but in most cases, there is a solution.

David my friend, with all due respect, the physical scarring is not the only issue at present here. The grafts were harvested WAY too low, most of them were harvested from outside the DHT-resistent zone which means there is a much higher chance those implanted grafts will miniaturize and become virtually non-existent in time. The over harvesting of an isolated area when there was an abundance of(safer) grafts elsewhere is perplexing and against the basic fundamentals of FUE and hair transplantation in general.

Johnny, I really feel for you man. I know you might not be able to help feeling down as I too had scar issues(with strip) and was depressed for some time. You have options and avenues you can take in order to remedy this but in the meantime grow you hair out longer and STOP looking at the back please. It will cause you nothing but heartache. I'm sure at a grade 3 it won't be noticeable. I can't even cut my hair shorter than a grade 5/6 without signs of surgical intervention. You still have alot of grafts left that you can use so there is still hope.

Edited by Mickey85

David my friend, with all due respect, the physical scarring is not the only issue at present here. The grafts were harvested WAY too low, most of them were harvested from outside the DHT-resistent zone which means there is a much higher chance those implanted grafts will miniaturize and become virtually non-existent in time. The over harvesting of an isolated area when there was an abundance of(safer) grafts elsewhere is perplexing and against the basic fundamentals of FUE and hair transplantation in general.

Mickey, of course I am aware and I understand the issues that are present in this case. I think we need to hear from the clinic as to why this approach was taken and I've reached out to them for a response.

I don't believe that it just happened accidentally but we won't know until we have a response from Dr. Doganay. This certainly does not reflect the normal practices of the clinic.

I also recognize that the patient is concerned about the hair growth in addition to the scarring. I haven't seen any photos of the results yet but what I've tried to convey is that this is not a lost cause and can be fixed. A good start would be to know how the donor area looks now when grown out.

Let's see what the clinic has to say.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

johnny2000,

PLEASE DON'T BE DISHEARTENED!

Your situation is not disastrous or irreparable. Keep in mind that members here are extremely well educated on FUE and hair restoration, and notice far more than the average person. We are a very picky bunch that spend way too much time looking at hair restorations.

FUE scarring will be visible on anyone with a shaved head, and is usually detectable at a zero guard. Even without further intervention, the back of your head should look fine at even a 1 guard, or at most a 2 guard.

This is not to say that your clinic shouldn't explain why the grafts were taken as low as they were or why they apparently weren't taken from a larger area -- but you'll be fine!! If your results aren't up to par, you look to have plenty of donor available to shore things up.

So don't dismay. Okay?

Johnny,

Sorry you're upset with the scarring. I'm glad Dave contacted Dr. Doganay and I look forward to his explanation. I'm not sure if it was discussed, but hopefully you're pleased with the frontal work?

While I do completely sympathize and I do not want to trivialize what you're going through, but I think we can learn something from your case: FUE is not a scarless procedure. There is question of overharvesting and taking grafts outside of the traditional safe zone. Both of these increase the chances of scarring from an FUE procedure. Even when utilized properly and in the best of hands, however, it leaves scars. It's generally very minimal, but it's important to understand that all hair transplant surgery creates cosmetic scarring.

Sorry to rant a bit in your thread, but I just felt like it was an opportunity to learn. Again, I look forward to Dr. Doganay's reply. If there is anything I, or any of the other moderators, can do to help in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Man I feel for you.

Was that your first procedure?

Why don't you find a decent surgeon to fix it?

am sure there are better docts out there who could fix this.

< yes it was my first procedure i am thinking of dr Lorenzo or feriduni in the future, but HT is not free, so i need to save alot of Money.

johnny,

hello david, thank you for taking the time to view my case. yes i have contacted the Clinic with my concerns of the result, and they admitted that the Growth is not good enough. they said about 30 % has not grown, but i would say alot more, and the hairs that have grown, many of them have bad direction :-( and now i found out that the donor looks like this :( i know that HT is not scarless, but this does not look very good, and i have asked the Clinic of an explanasion of why they extracted the grafts in such a small area, instead of spreading it out so the scars are much less. but i have not gotten an answer for this. many grafts have been wasted, and the grafts that is in the reciepted area has to be taken out and put back in with correct direction. (that was confirmed by dr. feriduni and a Clinic in my country) so this HT has really ended up with almost the worst possible outcome. i will post pictures