Corvettester's 10 Month Update

Here I am at 10 months post-op from my second FUT. It's coming along well and I'm very pleased with the result so far.

My right and left temples have filled in very well and the hair lays very naturally and is easy to manage. There is essentially no difference in texture or lay between my native hair and the transplanted hair.

My temple peaks are looking just great. They're well defined and clearly delineated. For the first time in my life, I feel comfortable in public wearing my hair combed back, which I do with increasing frequency.

My crown and midsection continue to hold strong. No noticeable thinning or loss since my first HT.

Most of my problem areas have been corrected. The only part that continues to bedevil me is a circular area in the immediate center of the hairline, which is still a little sparse. It doesn't look bad or anything, but it's not as dense as the rest.

Therefore, I've opted to return to Dr. Dorin for a third hair transplant to address this small area and to further refine the hairline. For my next procedure, I will undergo a small FUE session of approximately 250-500 grafts FUE. It's really more of a touch up, I don't really need it, but I do want it.

Your comments are welcomed...

Corvettester

To view the photos at full resolution, please click on individual thumbnails:

th_75bbd1ef.jpgth_9ad88510.jpgth_52e954b5.jpgth_cc1f230c.jpgth_ea0f5b19.jpgth_2413d395.jpgth_b2b2a02c.jpgth_1230f5a0.jpgth_60fd0a7a.jpgth_6102877c.jpgth_02dd873d.jpgth_e505b47e.jpgth_eb4eb270.jpg

This next set of pics I took at with freshly washed hair, in part natural and part fluorescent lighting. Bear in mind that these last few are an attempt to show my HT in the "harshest possible conditions." They're deliberately shot an unflattering, up-close with harsh lighting...

th_4d852841.jpgth_32a553b6.jpgth_0b0b3838.jpgth_f581cec6.jpgth_de370a35.jpg

Edited by corvettester
Added More Photos

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

You have one crazy mop of hair fella, i'm jealous :) I've seen your blog and followed your progress over your 2 op's and think you've had fantastic results. Dr Dorin is a fantastic Doc and underated on this forum in my opinion.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Corvettester, you have Robert Pattinson hair now! LOL! You are lucky in that your loss was limited, and that you found a great surgeon. Your hair looks amazing and I am impressed with the results so far. Even more impressive is the fact that you aren't on any medical treatments. Consider yourself lucky in the genes department!!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Lookin' good dude. You look like the lead singer for the Goo Goo Dolls. :)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Welcome back Corv. Your hair looks absolutely terrific - both native and transplanted areas. The temple points are enviable for sure. And the density in the front has significantly improved with this procedure. I see the area of concern and would think that a mere 100 FUE grafts would do the trick. 200 maybe but 500 would be more then you need - unless of course they are spread out over a larger area. Again, kudos for the killer quality photos. Don't be a stranger.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Corv,

Good to see you back again. You're looking good fella! I totally understand wanting to tweak things and make them perfect but you've got an enviable head of hair there. Congrats!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looks good although I understand why you want the extra work as its in the middle and you probably want to be completely relaxed about your hair. Out of interest how come you're face is cut out in the pictures now?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Levrais,

Hey buddy, long time...

I'll do my third and final procedure in the next month or two. It's already been a full 10 months since my last procedure so I'm in the clear now. I'm just working a lot these days so I don't really have the time.

Aaron123,

Yeah, 500 would probably be the maximum that I'd want. It be mostly to line the hairline, dense pack it so that it looks completely flawless and a few other areas here and there. It'll probably end up being more like 300 or so grafts.

Corvettester

Man, your hair looks absolutely incredible. I love this current style also. But your crazy for even thinking about another a HT. I just cant see it! You look great!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Corv---awesome result. I had to look up Robert Pattinson to see who he was and yes he and you share great hair. I know you are working hard so hopefully you will soon be worth the $67 million he is reportedly worth.

Thanks for all the support, gentlemen.

I finally figured out how to embed high resolution photos into the thread, so I added a bunch more to the original post. It's crazy cause you can zoom in on individual hairs and see definition unlike anywhere else. I also added some "harshest possible conditions" pics with my hair wet and combed back. Bear in mind that some of the hairs are very immature so that are still a little wispy and wiry. I'm sure they'll be all sorted out in the next couple of months.

Hopefully, with these pics you'll be able to see why I want to go back for another couple hundred grafts. Just a little refinement is all I want. I reckon that my transplanted hair is somewhere between 50-65% of native density. I want it to be a full 65% of native density...

Am I being unrealistic? Any thoughts on my density?

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

Good photos, CT and welcome back. I imagine you used the timer feature or you had someone that is REALLY into cameras to take the slick backed wet shots because he's using the new Canon 5D Mark III. That is a very new and very nice piece of hardware. Although I'm a Nikon man I'm liking the Mark III.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Good photos, CT and welcome back. I imagine you used the timer feature or you had someone that is REALLY into cameras to take the slick backed wet shots because he's using the new Canon 5D Mark III. That is a very new and very nice piece of hardware. Although I'm a Nikon man I'm liking the Mark III.

Looks like Joe has been reading my metadata...

Actually, I took the photos: no tripod, no timer. It was a pain in the ass holding that heavy thing up for so long, and I had to take 50 pics just to get 5 that were useable! Autofocus is very challenging at arms length.

I wish I had a prime lens, but instead I used my EF 24-70mm F/2.8 lens. I'll be getting the 85mm F/1.2 by my one year update, so I'm sure those pics will be even better.

Yes, I'm the proud owner of the new 5D MarkIII. I use it mostly for video though since I work in film production. I got a lot of respect for Nikon though, especially their glass.

corvs

I'm surprised you don't have a good prime. A 35mm or 50mm at 1.8 is great for video but you know this I'm sure. I'm shooting with a D7000 Nikon and I use only two lenses. My 50mm 1.8 ( beautiful bokeh ) and my Tokina 11mm-16mm 2.8. I want to add a 35mm prime but I'm debating on moving up to the full frame sensor in the new D800 first. Anyway, congrats on the Mark III. Can you PM me a link to see some of your work?

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Some journey so far, corvettester. Props for frequently updating your hair journal. I appreciate your commitment to getting the exact results that you want, and it shows. The transformation from your pre-1st HT-photos to your current photos is impressive. I agree that you do not need the FUE touch-up, but you've come this far; why not go all the way? Good luck.

Respect to Dr. Dorin as well.