5 Month update- Dr. Rahal 4,616 FUT

Hey Everyone!

Well I am at the 5 month mark and it is time for an update! I met with Dr. Rahal in NYC last week and it was a perfect time for him to examine me as I am a month out of the growth phase. He said my hair is growing nicely and am on pace to have a great result...even better than what it looks like now, which is great news!!! He also said the scar is great too and pretty much undetectable. He also said that he sees a lot of stubble/tiny hairs that are ready to come through.

I've noticed my hair is getting denser and thicker as when I look at my 4 month pics I noticed a nice improvement in density/thickness. Can't wait to see what month 6 has in store!!! I said it a hundred times, but I'll continue to say it...this was the best thing I ever did...it has not only improved my confidence, but just as important, it has finally allowed me to not focus on my hair loss 24/7 which is what I did ALL day long. It is such an amazing feeling to not have to worry about it anymore...especially knowing that is is growing!!! Another great thing is that Dr. Rahal checked out my crown for any loss and he said that he does not advise any further surgery at the moment as my crown is fine...I was pretty happy about that!!! He said he can see slight loss but nothing worthy of worry in that there is no bald spot or anything that would have someone believe I am losing...just probably upon deep examination he could tell a little...but I've been on Propecia for a year now and hoping it will hold it off.

One more note...Dr. Rahal asked me to blog for his site about my HT journey and show my progression via pictures like I have been doing on this site. I was flattered considering his website is where all of his patients see results. It was a great feeling to have him want my hair on his site! So stay tuned as his site will have blogging by his patients to get a better up close and personal look at real results. I'll let everyone know when I have blogged so you can check it out! It is a great website for potential patients too!

Well that is it for now...if you have any questions please feel free to ask! I would also appreciate your comments! Thanks!!!!

P.S. I have updated my collage...so the top right is 2 mths, bottom left is 3 mths, bottom right is 4 mths and top right is 5 mths. This really gives a good depiction of the growth and density increases.

DSC01356.JPG.355e57b4a45a98308ec2f3083a86422e.JPG

DSC01360.JPG.c7ff5331bb297987f5f4d8f884b02502.JPG

DSC01364.JPG.d28cbd9989ab22899fc4d6bd13655e25.JPG

DSC01372.JPG.dda0716919124c9e10ef80891fdbf49c.JPG

DSC01374.JPG.41b32452f824ce6c60790d19f1e4890a.JPG

DSC01375.JPG.9a09de71a64ae60dd8b26f8d774e304f.JPG

5b32d2ada6446_3v4v5months.jpg.4e7edf50f20f4b04beed020c6c7376cd.jpg

5b32d2af0d491_3v4v5monthsleftside.jpg.a3722477f0b52740ce8e5104d0e47c34.jpg

Edited by Capelli11
more pics

Amazing progress man, especially compared to your 2 month shot. Hell, most people would be absolutely content with your hair as it is at the moment at 5 months, and you still have 6-8 months left of growth, density and maturation!

Look at that hairline! Capelli, you do now have an amazing head of Capelli. The growth went so fast, you are really lucky, such a big change, great design and density...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Your native hair grows SO fast. The amount it grew from 2-3 months, looks like an inch or more is crazy. The results look really good also. It's unreal how fast you are progressing - I thought I had growth early, but yours blows mine away. Happy for you.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Coming along nicely Capelli.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Levaris, you should ask him what kind of comments is he getting from the ladies? They must have been dying to run their fingers through his hair lol

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Capelli, I know you are taking Propecia and Minoxidil to assist in the growth, what about vitamins? What shampoo/conditioner are you using? Your progress is insane! I showed my father and he was bowled over!

Thanks everyone for your great feedback and compliments. It has really been a great ride thus far! It is weird because I can't remember what I looked like or felt like with my old hairline/hair. I almost feel like I always had this hairline...so what I did was look back at my old photos to truly appreciate my transformation...check them out...these were taken as far back as last May and some were this past Nov/Dec prior to my surgery. I literally had ZERO hairline and no temple points at all! I was a hair mess to say the least!

Levrais: The few people that know in my family are blown away...just today when I saw my mom I told her that I had NO TOPPIK in my hair...she didn't believe me!!! I have been waiting for the day when I didn't have to wear it anymore...it is liberating to say the least! I have also ironically been getting comments like I look younger...which I NEVER got before...so it could def be the new hair bc we do get judged based on our hairline/hair. So I'm happy about that. I have more confidence overall.

Mickey85...thanks for your comments. I was taking Propecia for about 7 months prior to my surgery...so it has been a full year now. I started the Rogaine Foam about 3 weeks after the HT as that is when the doctor said to get on it to increase blood flow which ultimately aids in hair growth. Outside of that, I take a standard multi-vitamin...nothing else. I was/am looking into perhaps taking MSM and Biotin which I have seen a lot on this forum but nothing as of yet. P.S. Tell your Dad thanks!!! lol

DSC00631.JPG.00e29effdb34e6174ea106af6ae0fd4d.JPG

DSC00633.JPG.e975200c00b2205de1614dcba4491549.JPG

DSC00782.JPG.7b34a2dd66af30d90d76db623487d7e8.JPG

DSC00846.JPG.580ad4fcfb9ce3d6fc26f2fc01bb95a8.JPG

IMG_0426.jpg.1fe19e6379dd28393893609a96acb69a.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg.bed2b7e90cc74e128d4761540932c20f.jpg

Thanks for the reply Capelli. I don't want to jinx anything, but have you noticed any side effects from the Proprecia? Looking forward to your 6 month result!

You look great. However looking at the pre-ops you just showed, I don't understand how he packed 4600 grafts in there. Were you thinning in the mid-scalp too?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Cap - Great so far. If this was your final result, I would be thrilled and its only the start. Happy for you!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452