Sugar Goes to Ottawa - My 2822 FUE with Dr. Rahal

SugarHighs

Did you have any miniaturization in your forelock area prior to surgery? Do you think the thinning is in the area that was implanted or in the area behind it.

Your forelock looked solid in your 6 week photos. Are u on fin? I have never seen someone thin that fast at your age before.

The thinning of my native hair has not been that extreme, in my opinion.

It is thinner in the front center forelock area, but the far greater area of concern for me is the recipient area, particularly on the right side, which was covered in greater area.

I'm on Propecia, 1mg per day.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think hair looks denser usually at that length if there is no strip scar.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm wondering how my density will look if I buzz my hair down to a #1 clipper. Any opinions?

I will ask Dr. Rahal's opinion in person next weekend, as well.

What's your current length? I would recommend buzzing with a #3 guard and see how you like it. If it looks fine, then go down to a #2 guard, then #1 guard. You can always go shorter but it's hard to go to #1 then regret that short of a hair length. I know it won't take long to regrow it but I still like go the safer route.

I am using liquid minox now, once per day at night. This has alleviated the itch, but my recipient area is still very thin.

The feedback on liquid Minox before the foam came out was of mixed reviews. Many patients were getting skin irritations from it. Skin irritation is rare with the foam used once a day. I think a patient has to use it and monitor it on their own. What works for one patient isn't necessarily going to work with the next patient.

• 1 month later...

Sugar, Hows things?

What was the feedback from your recent visit to Dr Rahal?

Hope all is well!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

SugarHighs and Sean are so silent these days. Hope everything is OK... Any updates?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

What is disappointing is that all Dr. Rahal patients stopped contributing in the forum even when it comes to other topics. Its like quarter to half of the active members are gone. Its really getting silent over here...

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I'm assuming(which can be dangerous) that the final outcome was not optimal based on the last few comments and pictures that Sugarhigh posted....

I wish patients that have follow up issues like this would follow through with posts. Particularly as Dr. Rahal cannot post on here anymore, it is up to the patients.

I'm new to the forums, but can someone tell me what happened with this Doctor, any why he (or his patients) do not post here any longer?

If this is a sensitive topic, please send me a private message.. I'm curious as to what happened.

<<edit>> Ok, never mind.. I found the answer regarding the recently passed legislation on another thread.

Edited by darkhorse0510
Found answer.

A couple more photos after a haircut. The missing density is more visible here.

Yield was not great at all... Hope Sugarhighs is ok...

I'm new to the forums, but can someone tell me what happened with this Doctor, any why he (or his patients) do not post here any longer?

If this is a sensitive topic, please send me a private message.. I'm curious as to what happened.

<<edit>> Ok, never mind.. I found the answer regarding the recently passed legislation on another thread.

I am not aware of the recently passed legislation you mentioned. Could someone please post a link to that thread?

Mickey85. Its useless for him to write anything as Dr. Rahal is no longer a recommended doctor here plus he may reached a deal from Rahal in order to keep it low. Just forget about sugar and Sean and focus on your future session scar and hairline revision with Dr. Feriduni this January.

My Hair Treatments:

Hey Sugar! Great to see you posting again bud. Was worried about you, and looking forward to seeing your update!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.