9.5 months pics:1000 Fue Dr Feller: not good so far

jessie1

I don't care if you like Feller or hate him the man is a GREAT surgeon and I don't want to see someone to overlook him because of a post they read and end up going to a hack.

This is a straw man. The alternative to Feller is not a hack but rather a recommended surgeon without Feller's problems.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll: you're sole purpose on here is to create problems and steer this conversation off the topic. I will make it clear that myself and corvettester are not the same person. The managing publisher of this site can investigate and confirm this as well.

No, my purpose is to call a spade a spade when necessary. And I'll say it once more then put it to bed: corvettester = Ian512017155 = RobertHair = eddiemunster. They are all the same guy.

Here's a thread that you started only to reply to yourself with each alias: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160733-dr-rahal-dr-feller.html#post2264837

And sadly it appears that the creation of this thread was meant solely to damage Dr. Feller. You created a thread pretending to be a prospective patient, and then criticize Dr. Feller with your other 3 accounts. Very unsportsmanlike. In fact, possibly psychotic.

Guys,

Just a quick reminder to PLEASE stay on topic. I completely understand that these threads become heated quickly and it's not difficult to become immersed in odd tangents, but remember what we are discussing here. Furthermore, keep in mind that opinions, comments, questions, et cetera, are always welcomed, but remember our terms of service and please don't act in a way that will just end in closing the thread.

Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Right to get this thread back on topic who hear feels that the work dr feller did grew in fine but the native hair behind thinned out and who here thinks the Ht didn't work? This thread is about the result really.

This topic has become a mess because people are talking about the customer care and post op experience which ironically did have it's own thread before it was merged into this one by moderators so I don't blame anyone for writing about that here but the topic at hand is the result.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Jessie claims Spex misled him. That is untrue. If he could convince me that Spex lied to him, then I would cut loose from Spex myself. But Spex has a ten year reputation of giving accurate and detailed information to potential patients and the omissions that he claimed Spex made in their pre op discussions just isn't believable. Spex has credibility with me and on this forum, Jessie has not earned that. So Spex gets the benefit of the doubt. Furthermore, Spex has no motivation to lie or omit information, Jessie does.

As for my attitude, I can no more judge your attitude from an online forum than you can judge mine. But if you wish, spend a day with me in my office and find out what I'm about. Spex did that and it began a ten year long friendship and collaboration. Pat Hennessey did this and wrote an extremely favorable review of me, my attitude, and my business. There must be a hundred of my patients online by now who have written that I have a friendly down to earth attitude. It may or may not be true, but how could you know?

"If one’s actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception. The person who craves a moral blank check of that kind, has dishonest intentions, whether he admits it to himself or not." Ayn Rand

Every time a Feller complaint comes up, which relative to other doctors is quite frequently, he denounces his patients as liars, villains and disingenuous leverage-seekers.

He then goes on to invoke the good opinion other’s have of him and request that the community take him at his word, and asks us to consider all the good things that others have said about him and Spex.

I don’t trust those people who rely upon the good opinion of others at the expense of our own reason and rational perception, because such things can be easily manipulated. We can easily form our own opinion based upon how Feller handles such cases. We see in his own words the true nature of his character…

So Pat-Publisher gave him a favorable review, so what? That could just mean that Feller put on a good show that day. Some of his former patients come to his aid, so what? That could just mean that he takes care of his fanboys...

My point is the fallacy of relying on one’s reputation and the good opinion of others at the expense of one's better judgment and rational perception. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist for anyone to see in his own words how Dr. Feller treats his patients. Nor does it take exceptional powers of observation to note that it’s really only ever Dr. Feller that has so many complaints and dissatisfied patients, on the HTN.

I’ve been a member of the HTN almost 10 months now, and I have seen no other doctor come close to receiving as many complaints as Dr. Feller regarding poor patient care, poor communication issues, poor results, etc… I’ve seen a few coalition doctors get at most one complaint, since I’ve been a member. However, Dr. Feller has at least 6… and a few more that can be regarded as a less than favorable reviews.

I doubt the HTN will ever see the day that Feller admits that he has made a mistake. He does not accept criticism. It’s just too easy for him to cast his opponent’s character in a negative light and accuse them of trying to shake him down for a free procedure.

Speaking of which, it’s interesting to note how Dr. Feller talks about shakedowns when his threats of litigation are virtually the same thing: silence, or else he will sue you!

To my knowledge, he is the only coalition doctor that sues patients. Why is this? Why is it that he is the only one that ever has to go that far? Why is there this conspiracy out to get Dr. Feller? I know why: because there isn’t!

Lastly, Feller’s apologists love to accuse anyone who stands up to his bullying of having an agenda against Dr. Feller. However, a mere cursory glance at the forums will demonstrate that I advocate for any and all patients with bad experiences. I’m all over the forums and I especially find the bad experiences to be of the most value because they show how a doctor handles his less than optimal cases. Thus, I will continue to lend my support to any and all patients seeking it.

I can’t help it that Dr. Feller has more complaints than any other coalition doctor. It’s not my fault that he has more dissatisfied patients than any other coalition doctor. This should be setting off alarm bells to the community!

To be honest, I’ve seen more complaints against Dr. Feller than I do regarding a lot of non-HTN doctors. In the 10 months that I’ve been here, I’ve seen more complaints against Feller than I have against Armani or Larry Shapiro… what does this say?

The accusation of an alleged “agenda” against Feller is untenable and is obviously a desperate attempt to discredit the very serious questions that I and other members raise regarding Dr. Feller’s ability and integrity.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
I added "on the HTN" to clarify that I was referring to only activity on this forum....

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Right to get this thread back on topic who hear feels that the work dr feller did grew in fine but the native hair behind thinned out and who here thinks the Ht didn't work? This thread is about the result really.

Bonkers,

It's good of you to try to get this thread back on topic...

I think it's clear that Jessie lost some native hair after the procedure. I also think it's been established that this was due to genetic hair loss, not shock loss. Feller isn't responsible for this and I haven't seen any suggest that he is.

I think Dr. Feller is trying change the true subject at hand to distract the community, which is the fact that Jessie is dissatisfied with his current result that he received at the hands of Dr. Feller.

Only two people have seen the result in person: Spex and Jessie. According to Jessie, they both agree that it is a poor result and that something is off. Whether or not Spex publicly owns up to his private comments is of little concern. The fact of the matter is that Jessie isn't happy and Dr. Feller is basing his opinion off photos that even Jessie admits were more than flattering due to the favorable conditions that they were taken and that he was using styling product.

I think most of us will concede that often times photos do not show the true result of an HT... sometimes it flatters an otherwise bad job, other times it depreciates an otherwise good job.

I simply chose to take Jessie at his word, as I hope the community would do for me. The fact that he posted such a detailed account of his opinion and Spex's opinion only makes me believe him more. He has no reason to lie.

However, I disagree with Dr. Feller's claim that Spex has no reason to lie. Spex has every reason to protect his reputation and his job!

I've worked in sales before, for which I underwent intensive, formal training. I didn't last long. Let me give you a little insight into the world of sales...

The modern day salesman has nothing in common with that of the high-pressure, hard sale used-car salesmen of the past... In fact, it's quite the opposite. Consumers wised up to these tactics long ago to the point that they've become cliche.

The new strategy is to be the "go to" guy for the customer. Customers don't have time or resources to research most products so they rely on the expertise and honesty of sales reps.

In order to build trust and establish rapport, a modern day salesman with get to know you personally and find things that you have in common. You will like them as a person, a friend and, therefore, trust their judgement. After all, the salesman has a family and friends and is highly regarded in the community and social world. He's well-know and well-regarded.

What's even better though, is for a salesman to get to know you on an emotional level: If they cry, they buy! That is what they teach the modern salesman: if you cry, you buy. This means that if you can connect with them on an emotional level, if you can tap into the pain, humiliation and self-consciousness that men who suffer from MPB have, then you can sell them anything.

This is why it's always better to have someone who's "been there." A salesman that has had an HT before, especially a botched HT....one who will protect you from the bad guys.

Do you see where this is going? Do you see how powerful this can be?

It is common practice to hype a product to a naive customer only to see them come back some weeks later complaining. The salesman has plausible deniability in this situation and can only blame his superiors (in private), but can't risk his job by publicly denouncing the product or the case that it was the wrong product for the wrong person... thus, the salesman has plausible deniability in the eyes of the hapless customer who is left out in the cold.

You see, this is how doctors circumvent accountability. It can all be chalked up to an unfortunate case of miscommunication.... every single time! Now both doctor and sales rep had plausible deniability. Usually, there isn't a forum such as the HTN where customers can see patterns such as these emerging so they go unaddressed. However, this is what the HTN is here for, and I'm not alone in noticing such things...

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

"Every time a Feller complaint comes up, which relative to other doctors is quite frequently, he denounces his patients as liars, villains and disingenuous leverage-seekers."

And so far every one of those cases have shown a patient who everyone agreed experienced good growth, yet an unhappy patient who wanted more. Doesn't that say something to you about the character of the patient? Believe it or not Corvettester, there are lots of unstable people in the world. And when you combine an unstable person with hairloss it can get ugly. I can see why most doctors (and you're naive if you think every clinic doesn't have unhappy, unstable patients) would just want to push patients like this under the rug.

"He then goes on to invoke the good opinion other’s have of him and request that the community take him at his word, and asks us to consider all the good things that others have said about him and Spex."

It's an internet forum, not a courtroom--no one is swearing on a bible here. What other than a longstanding reputation is there to go on? Pictures? Yes. The pictures presented here in most posters minds show a successful HT. You have yet to comment on them, btw.

"So Pat-Publisher gave him a favorable review, so what? That could just mean that Feller put on a good show that day. Some of his former patients come to his aid, so what? That could just mean that he takes care of his fanboys..."

I really do hope Pat addresses this as he should be insulted by it. The guy has been in this industry a very long time and knows Dr. Feller on a far more personal level than you know Jessie. And I resent being called a "fanboy" and would ask that you please stop throwing the term around as you do. It's an insult to someone like myself who has dedicated plenty of free time helping patients no matter what clinic they come from.

"Nor does it take exceptional powers of observation to note that it’s really only ever Dr. Feller that has so many complaints and dissatisfied patients." "To my knowledge, he is the only coalition doctor that sues patients."

Again, HTN is a sliver of the HT world. You sound very naive.

Corvettester, people might think you have an agenda against Dr. Feller because you never attempt to see things from his point of view. It's always the big bad bully doctor versus the poor hapless HT patient, no matter what the case is. If Dr. Feller had butchered this guy then I would agree, he should be held accountable. Don't you find it odd that at one point the OP said this about Dr. Feller:

"No matter what is decided, and I don't want to get ahead of myself, Dr Feller is a genuinely nice guy and very approachable."

Why the sudden change?

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

"I think it's clear that Jessie lost some native hair after the procedure. I also think it's been established that this was due to genetic hair loss, not shock loss. Feller isn't responsible for this and I haven't seen any suggest that he is."

Well if this is the general thought of the community then feller has done nothing wrong I think I'd react a lot worse than feller if I thought I'd done a good job but it didn't look as good because the op lost more hair around my work but I'm a brash person I don't think I'd last long in business lol.

Jessie have you come to terms with the above statement and accept it as further genetic loss around fellers work? Or is that not the case when you look in person at your hair? I may be mistaken but I thought your only gripe now was about your full experience with feller that's why you made a new thread regarding that.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

This topic has become a mess because people are talking about the customer care and post op experience which ironically did have it's own thread before it was merged into this one by moderators so I don't blame anyone for writing about that here but the topic at hand is the result.

As stated, the OP's threads were merged by Bill, so the topic also became the OP's "Bad Experience with Dr. Feller."

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

And so far every one of those cases have shown a patient who everyone agreed experienced good growth, yet an unhappy patient who wanted more. Doesn't that say something to you about the character of the patient? Believe it or not Corvettester, there are lots of unstable people in the world. And when you combine an unstable person with hairloss it can get ugly. I can see why most doctors (and you're naive if you think every clinic doesn't have unhappy, unstable patients) would just want to push patients like this under the rug."

Hairthere,

You’re points are well taken.

However, I disagree with your conclusion that everyone agrees that all of Feller’s complaints have had good growth… I don’t and I know I’m not alone.

Also, I don’t doubt that all clinics deal with unstable patients. It’s just how they deal with them that raises so many questions. Do they make them sign non-disclosure agreements as Dr. Feller suggested? Or do they sue them as Dr. Feller does?

It's an internet forum, not a courtroom--no one is swearing on a bible here. What other than a longstanding reputation is there to go on? Pictures? Yes. The pictures presented here in most posters minds show a successful HT. You have yet to comment on them, btw.

I would say: one’s reason and rational perception. I don’t trust the opinions of others because I know how biased people can be.

As per the photos, please do your homework before making accussaitons…

I did comment on them... twice! I commented on the photos Jessie posted and on the photos Dr. Feller posted. I agreed that the photos that Dr. Feller posted didn’t look like that bad of a result. Why don’t you go back and read my posts…

I commented on Jessie’s photos in comment #12.

Once Dr. Feller posted his version, I then commented on the pics Dr. Feller posted in comment #38 where I said:

"I have to admit that it doesn’t look bad according to the pics Dr. Feller posted; however, the ones you posted at 9.5 months do seem less than stellar—certainly not a failure though."

I really do hope Pat addresses this as he should be insulted by it. The guy has been in this industry a very long time and knows Dr. Feller on a far more personal level than you know Jessie. And I resent being called a "fanboy" and would ask that you please stop throwing the term around as you do. It's an insult to someone like myself who has dedicated plenty of free time helping patients no matter what clinic they come from.

Why don’t you worry about yourself, Hairthere? Let others stand up for themselves if they feel it necessary. The HTN doesn’t need anymore “manufactured outrage.”

I wasn’t bringing into question the integrity of Pat, by any means. Please don’t read it that way or attempt to twist my words. I was trying to make a point. I don't think Pat will be dissecting my comments with an eye for offense, like you have.

Pat is only human. He is capable of error or being mislead, just like anyone. I’m sure if any doctor knew that Pat was coming in for a review, he is going to make sure to give him the best experience possible… who wouldn’t?

And I didn’t call you, Harithere, a fanboy. I never addressed you or anyone by name. I was speaking in general. Perhaps you’re just projecting your own negative self–image onto me?

Corvettester, people think you have an agenda against Dr. Feller because you never attempt to see things from his point of view. It's always the big bad bully doctor versus the poor hapless HT patient, no matter what the case is. Don't you find it odd that at one point the OP said this about Dr. Feller:

"No matter what is decided, and I don't want to get ahead of myself, Dr Feller is a genuinely nice guy and very approachable."

Why the sudden change?

Obviously, he was trying to be diplomatic and even admitted as much, and that he always felt that he had to walk on eggshells around Dr. Feller to express his opinion, etc...

I hope this clears up your questions…

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Grammar. Spelling. Deleted the term "low self-conscious" as I accidentally hit "submit" instead of "preview."

"I did comment on them... twice!"

Fair enough.....I started reading the thread late last night after a long day....sorry, I'm not perfect.

"Why don’t you worry about yourself, Hairthere? Let others stand up for themselves if they feel it necessary. The HTN doesn’t need anymore “manufactured outrage.”

I know Pat outside of this forum. I know the amount of dedication and research he has done for HTN and I know him to be a fairly perceptive and thorough person. He knows Dr. Feller beyond just visiting him once and reviewing his practice.

"And I didn’t call you, Harithere, a fanboy. I never addressed you or anyone by name. I was speaking in general. Perhaps you’re just projecting your own low self-conscious or negative self–image onto me?"

Fair enough, and no, not quite....

"He obviously was trying to be diplomatic and even admitted as much, and that he always felt that he had to walk on eggshells around Dr. Feller to express his opinion, etc... "

Calling someone "genuinely nice and approachable" is in direct contradiction with having to walk on eggshells around them. Dr. Feller is claiming the OP is not what he seems and his posting here on the forum is a performance to gain leverage and free surgery. Knowing Dr. Feller the way I do, and seeing the work he did on Jesssie, I'm going to chose to believe him. Does that qualify for "reason and rational perception" in your eyes?

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I know Pat outside of this forum. I know the amount of dedication and research he has done for HTN and I know him to be a fairly perceptive and thorough person. He knows Dr. Feller beyond just visiting him once and reviewing his practice.

Hairthere,

Although I do not personally know Pat, I have heard as much and do not doubt your opinion of him for one second. I don't doubt his intelligence either. From what I understand, he is a true patient advocate, and an inspiration to us all.

Calling someone "genuinely nice and approachable" is in direct contradiction with having to walk on eggshells around them. Dr. Feller is claiming the OP is not what he seems and his posting here on the forum is a performance to gain leverage and free surgery.

I think this explains it all. Jessie was trying to be civil and diplomatic... but Feller just wouldn't accept the fact that Jessie was disappointed with his work. Feller views this as unrealistic without any regard to the opinions or concerns of his patient. What's more, Jessie stated that Spex was in accordance with him. So he was only relaying what he and Dr. Feller's representative had concluded...

Knowing Dr. Feller the way I do, and seeing the work he did on Jesssie, I'm going to chose to believe him. Does that qualify for "reason and rational perception" in your eyes?

Don't worry about what I think about you. You're well within your right to your opinion. You'll never hear me say anything at odds with that..

This is the crux of my argument!

Nobody has questioned you or accused you of having an agenda... because you're always advocating on behalf of Dr. Feller! I can assure you that if you sincerely and genuinely advocated on behalf of one of Feller's dissatisfied patients, as I have done, you would be denounced as a disingenuous, malicious poster with an agenda... and perhaps Feller wouldn't be so keen to discount your procedures anymore either?

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

"Nobody has questioned you or accused you of having an agenda... because you're always advocating on behalf of Dr. Feller! I can assure you that if you sincerely and genuinely advocated on behalf of one of Feller's dissatisfied patients, as I have done, you would be denounced as a disingenuous, malicious poster with an agenda... and perhaps Feller wouldn't be so keen to discount your procedures anymore either?"

If a case comes up where the results are visibly bad/thin and it is proven the doctor/techs are at fault I will absolutely advocate on behalf of the patient. I have not seen this happen yet. Also, I never accused you of having an agenda per se. You obviously have a negative view of Dr. Feller/Spex, but I do not think you are engineering threads or falsifying info with malicious intent as having an agenda would suggest.

"I think this explains it all. Jessie was trying to be civil and diplomatic... but Feller just wouldn't accept the fact that Jessie was disappointed with his work. Feller views this as unrealistic without any regard to the opinions or concerns of his patient. What's more, Jessie stated that Spex was in accordance with him. So he was only relaying what he and Dr. Feller's representative had concluded..."

I think you do have the patient's best interest at heart, which is commendable--to a degree. At some point you do need to step away and ask yourself why a man with Dr. Feller's reputation and skills would react in such a way on this forum. Again, knowing him in the "real world" I feel strongly that there is more to this case than meets the eye....

Edited by hairthere

Members and guests,

The advantage of this community is that it gives patients an opportunity to share their experiences/results good or bad and members (physicians included) a chance to share their opinions, even strong ones. Unfortunately however, when patients express unhappiness, many's opinion's become quite heated , people are blamed and debates/fights break out on this forum.

There is no doubt that Jessie and Dr. Feller don't agree on the ins and outs of Jessie's experience and results. One debate is surrouning his results. Did Jessie experience optimal growth or not? Another debate is regarding what may or may not have been said between all privied parties (Jessie, Dr. Feller and Spex) behind the scenes. None of us have been privy to these conversations. But some members of this community have taken sides and made assumptions even without this information.

There is no doubt that Dr. Feller sometimes acts out of raw emotion. Admittedly, I have had hours upon hours of conversations with him offline regarding other topics via email and by phone and we don't always see eye to eye. In fact, in many cases, I've felt that he has overexaggerate someone's intentions, especially after they've posted their concerns and criticisms online. While in some cases, his defensive stance online may have offended many of our members, I can certainly understand why he'd get upset if only half truths are being told and/or information is being manipulated to make Dr. Feller and/or his clinic look bad. A physician's reputation is everything to them and while I agree that patients should ultimately come first, a physician's natural tendency is to defend themselves online if/when critical information is being withheld/manipulated. Since we're not privy to any of the behind the scenes communications, can we really judge Dr. Feller all that harshly?

While Dr. Feller can be aggressive at times, I truly believe that he's one of the good guys in the hair restoration industry. I've known Dr. Feller for years now and while I haven't specifically been to his clinic, I've talked to and viewed dozens if not hundreds of satisified/happy Dr. Feller patients (way more than those who are dissatisfied). Dr. Feller has been very transparent about his procedure, tools, technique and is willing to discuss any topic on or offline. He has personally invited me and others (including those who've critiqued him online) to personally visit his clnic to see what he and his clinic are all about. Dr. Feller's not afraid to stand up to hype and other misleading trends on behalf of hair loss sufferers so they're not duped into spending countless dollars on potentially bogus treatments and subpar or controversial surgeons. Can he be a little emotional? Absolutely. But in my opinion, the vast majority of the time, Dr. Feller channels his emotional energy for good and uses it to improve the hair restoration profession and benefit his patients.

I happen to agree with Dr. Feller that his attitude toward Jessie and a few others are the exception rather than the norm. Dr. Feller explained the reasons why he responded toward Jessie the way he did on this topic. Members will either agree or disagree with his reasons.

All members are welcome to draw their own conclusion about this case, Jessie and Dr. Feller and many of you already have. Many of you have sided with the patient and some have even attacked Dr. Feller's character. Some of you have even blamed this discussion forum and its publishers/moderators for allowing Dr. Feller the opportunity to share his side of the story. For those members who feel that physicians shouldn't have a right to share their side of the story, perhaps you ought to post elsewhere. This forum is about fairness and allows both parties to post their experiences and opinions.

If some of you have concluded based on this topic and his handling of it that Dr. Feller is not the surgeon for you, that's fine. There are dozens of other leading surgeons who may be better suited for you. However, I genuinely believe that Dr. Feller is certainly worth considering.

Unfortunately, this topic has gotten way out of hand and way off topic. Members debating the top 12 surgeons, slinging mud at each other and Dr. Feller, etc. Should we really let this topic continue? What's the point? Jessie already claimed he was done posting and at this point, what information could he really share that's new? Dr. Feller has already shared his side of the story. What else can he really share except possibly defend himself against a few crusaders attacking his character on this topic?

I think at this point, there's no more sense in discussing this topic online. Some of you love Dr. Feller while some of you will hate him.

Ultimately, I do wish Jessie all the happiiness in the world and have advised him offline to consult another leading surgeon for a second opinion and to discuss the steps he needs to take in order to move forward rather than look backward. But at this point, this topic has become a virus that's no longer of benefit to anyone, including the patient.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

After seeing more pics, it is still hard to say. I don't think that Jessie just dropped all that hair in 10 months, As stated, he wanted the forelock reinforced but it didn't happen, so possible with having more hair in the surrounding areas and some slight forelock loss, it looks more noticeable.

So as far as the bad experience part, after seeming more pics, it is difficult for me to comment on the result, and what they decided together on that day. If Jessie said that he only wanted a 1000 graft strip in the front (he said that he did not say this) than it would be on him. If he sat down in the chair and said, "Do what you think you need to do for the best result" then that would be a failure on the doc's end, because it seems to me that if he did have forelock thinning as he said he did, that there was poor planning in the procedure.

I will also add that I have never heard Dr. Feller over-hype FUE.

1000 grafts that go all the was across is a very small procedure and the impact should have been explained as slight.

Now to the suing part. I have put in a request to any doctor that would agree to post or link his disclaimer/consent form and 2 days ago and no one, not one docotor or rep has posted or even commented on the thread, which is unfortunate. Maybe because there is a gag order buried in it as is apparent by Dr. Feller's post about being able to sue Jessie.

I think even mentioning suing patients is a big big red flag and was a big PR flop IMO. Much much worse than a poor result.

Dr. Feller is IMO a good surgeon who sometimes has poor outcomes like every other doc in field. The difference is the way these poor outcomes are dealt with. I haven't followed any old cases, just the latest, but I have never really seen the doc take responsibility for the result or really show a good bedside manner. I have seen several flairs of emotion, counter accusations and a lack of empathy.

Dr. Hasson had a big thread like this a while back and he did show up to post his input, however the tone was much much different.

Just based on the way all of this played out, and the way previous threads played out, regardless of the outcome of HT in question, I would respectfully not chose Dr. Feller as my surgeon.

Statements like "They begged for the hammer and they got it" are not professional and uncalled for, it seems like a warning, and if I were a patient considering surgery, I would take it was such.

I am not "against" Dr. Feller, I just think his follow up bedside manner and letigious statments should be noted.

And yes, this thread has taken a turn, but I do not think that someone with an opinion on the turn it took makes them a crusader.

BTW, I started writing this befores Bill's post....so I am not trying to keep stirring, but I wrote enough I still posted it.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Nobody has questioned you or accused you of having an agenda... because you're always advocating on behalf of Dr. Feller! I can assure you that if you sincerely and genuinely advocated on behalf of one of Feller's dissatisfied patients, as I have done, you would be denounced as a disingenuous, malicious poster with an agenda... and perhaps Feller wouldn't be so keen to discount your procedures anymore either?

Corvettester

Corv are you been serious pal it's not one case you attack feller while advocating Fellers dissatisfied patients every time without fail, it's the shear passion, effort and elongated posts against him that make it look like you have a agenda. I have never once seen you support Feller once all the information from both parties has come out, surely they must be one dissatisfied patient that has come on line that was wrong! I find it very puzzling that you deny you dislike Feller as it just jumps out of the screen everytime you write on threads regarding his unhappy patients.

The other day i noticed you were quick to say you didn't work for Dorin when no one ever said that you did, it had never crossed my mind for a second. So it got me thinking maybe he does. Yesterday i decided to check up where Dorin and Feller are located just to see if they were in the same country as i thought they may be some national rivalry and found out they're both in New York so i wonder if you think you're doing Dorin some service by jumping on Feller all the time. It's just a thought that seems to add up but only you know the truth!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Corvettester,

You have been accused of having an agenda because you are always advocating against Dr. Feller. "Hairthere" has never hurled pellets at dissatisfied patients like you have at Dr. Feller and Spex. In fact, "Hairthere" has always sympathized with patients and provided them with excellent advice while giving a well respect physician the benefit of the doubt. His approach is also the same when it comes to concerned patients of other well respected physicians.

You on the other hand immediately take a new, anonymous poster's side without question (unless they disagree with you as seen on this topic) and use it as an opportunity to attack Dr. Feller, his clinic and his reputation. This is evidenced by how you asked for Spex's opinion of Jessie's result (since he's the only other one who saw it in person) and then pretty much called him a liar in a follow-up post.

You've made it clear on other topics that you don't like Spex and Dr. Feller. Thus, your opinion on this topic is just as biased (if not more) than others you accuse of being biased.

Frankly, your arrogance is getting tiresome and your willingness to be objective has disappeared. I'm also tired of watching you attack well respected posters who disagree with you like "hairthere" and receiving complaints from other members (including patients and physicians) about your obvious agenda against Dr. Feller.

While my decision may be unpopular with some and popular with others, I think it's time for you to move on. I do wish you all the best but can't keep hosting your obvious biased and attacking posts against a single clinic.

Best wishes in moving forward,

Bill

Back to the basics:

1000 grafts FUE is a small session. It looks like most if not all of the grafts grew. I personally would have done a strip session if I were Jesse but to each his own. It also looks like he had more loss. Within 10 months this is entirely possible.

As for the correspondence between Dr. Feller and the patient, how the heck should I know what went down? Sure, Dr. Feller can come across as emotional in some posts on this forum but he has a great reputation for a reason. He may be bombastic at times but he is no charlatan. He's one of the good guys. All I got to go on is the numerous satisfied patients and great post-op pics that Dr. Feller has posted here for years.

I do often see results on the forums where I think it looks good.. and yet the patient states they are dissatisfied. I think we need to emphasize realistic expectations a bit more... especially for small cases like 1000 grafts FUE.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I agree this thread is turning counter productive.

As a result for 1000 graft in my opinion I feel it was a success.

As for the converstion that took place I cant give my opinion because I want there. I can only say throughout the many years I have seen nothing but high praise for Spex and Dr. Feller.

Is Dr. Feller a bit emotional and quite to jump the gun sometimes? Yes and I am guilty of this as well. None of us can have a full understand what is like to build a great reputation and believe someone is trying to hurt that reputation. Where you know that you have not done anything wrong.

As I stated earlier having one transplant and reading many posts doesnt make you an advocate in my opinion. Very few people understand the full spectrum of hair transplants unless you have met many patients both good and bad. Also have witnessed many different type of surgeries concerning hair transplant.

Once again I hope both Dr. Feller and Jessie can overlook all the negative in this thread and come out with a satificatory outcome.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Troll,

You are a brand new poster with the name of "Troll", which by very definition is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off -topic messages in an online community. How can I take your posts seriously?

But to give you the benefit of the doubt (as I've advocated previously), I've checked out the 3 aliases you've suggested are the same, and there's no evidence to suggest this.

To remain a member here, I trust that you'll be a constructive member of this community and not a "Troll" as your name and its definition suggests.

Best wishes,

Bill

The patients photos clearly show improvement in the areas worked on. This is undeniable regardless of the cloud cast on quality of pictures.

What troubles me and seems pretty clear is that Jessie1 played a tactical game here which he will of course deny yet got his "concerns" up online prior to any official evaluation or discussion privately with the clinic. Ummm, why not just wait and discuss this with the Doc and a plan forward privately rather than "asking" for laymens opinions online publicly prior to seeking direct advice from the Dr, umm i wonder why?! I think its an old trick but its one that can easily be seen straight through as leverage/extortion. Why not post an account AFTER private discussions. I doubt any of this would have happened at all if jessie1 had tried not be so tactical and knowing the experience Dr Feller has with these forums and being attacked I think this is the crux of it and will not allow a patient to extort him in any way.

This is my opinion.

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

Hey Bill, my vote would be to lock this thread. It looks like both Feller and jessie are finished posting here, and you have people like Prohair and Troll (seriously?) show up out of nowhere just to antagonize folks.

At this point, now it just looks a few of you (yes, you included) are attacking corv and questioning why he is being critical of the doctor. Actually, I can kind of read into your post calling me a "crusader" as well, which I take offense to and it makes me question where the admins stand in regards to this community. I'm far from a "crusader" and have no agenda here. I could come back questioning your motives but don't think it's necessary....Really, the past 4 or 5 pages of this thread are people pointing fingers and making accusations. It's done at this point.

IMO this thread is getting trashed and hope it's locked immediately. I do hope however, that it's kept around for prospective patients so they can get insight to how Feller handles unhappy patients (regardless of how the hair grew, which yes I do think the HT grew in as others have stated).

My opinion anyways, thank you.

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

Corvettester,

You have been accused of having an agenda because you are always advocating against Dr. Feller. "Hairthere" has never hurled pellets at dissatisfied patients like you have at Dr. Feller and Spex. In fact, "Hairthere" has always sympathized with patients and provided them with excellent advice while giving a well respect physician the benefit of the doubt. His approach is also the same when it comes to concerned patients of other well respected physicians.

You on the other hand immediately take a new, anonymous poster's side without question (unless they disagree with you as seen on this topic) and use it as an opportunity to attack Dr. Feller, his clinic and his reputation. This is evidenced by how you asked for Spex's opinion of Jessie's result (since he's the only other one who saw it in person) and then pretty much called him a liar in a follow-up post.

You've made it clear on other topics that you don't like Spex and Dr. Feller. Thus, your opinion on this topic is just as biased (if not more) than others you accuse of being biased.

Frankly, your arrogance is getting tiresome and your willingness to be objective has disappeared. I'm also tired of watching you attack well respected posters who disagree with you like "hairthere" and receiving complaints from other members (including patients and physicians) about your obvious agenda against Dr. Feller.

While my decision may be unpopular with some and popular with others, I think it's time for you to move on. I do wish you all the best but can't keep hosting your obvious biased and attacking posts against a single clinic.

Best wishes in moving forward,

Bill

Well said we don't need people on vendettas, it was so obvious and i lost a lot of respect for corv when he denied it.

Forums will have people with different opinions who fall out but it's in the name of thrashing out the right answer i my self may upset people from time to time with my strong thoughts but it's only because i believe in what i say 100% untill someone shows me i'm wrong. But when you have someone constantly putting a spanner in the works and tipping the scale in a negative way all the time for no good reason then his thoughts are not helpful for us to find the general feeling towards a subject!!

I'm not a fan of locking threads but seen as though jessie is done here then it should be locked as we have learnt all we need from this thread, all parties have had there say so lets move on and continue to fight hairloss without fighting each other!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I never post on topics like this but I cannot help myself as I want to make a few points:

1. I do not think Corv should be asked to not post as his helpfulness to the members over the months far outweighs his "Attacks" on Dr. Feller which I dont view as attacks anyway.

2. I agree that banning purely negative agenda driven posters is a good practice as they add no value here. However, to ban someone because they tend to be hard on a particular doctor on a consistent basis does not make sense unless the negative feedback is always way off base and defamatory. Are we going to ban posters who always post positive stuff about the same doc when they cannot back up the positive comment. Technically, this is bias as well.

3. I think Dr. Feller is skilled and a good solid ethical doctor. However, his behavior on this and other treads alone would keep me from ever considering him as my doc. I would suggest that he stay away from defending himself on these types of threads as the rest of the docs do and deal with these issues off line only. If he is going to defend himself on these type of threads, I would suggest he keep his tone in check.

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hey Bill,

With all due respect but i believe deactivating corvettester's account is a big big mistake that is not even justified, he is free to say whatever he wants as long as he does not call people names and insult them. i saw him alot commenting on topics with bad results and it's not his mistake that Dr. Feller has alot of them recently. yes he was against Dr. feller on this thread but he wasn't the only one, actually some members even went far to asking people to never go to Dr. Fellers ever again and they were not banned (which i believe it is right because this is freedom of speech and they are stating their opinions).

To be honest, after reading this thread thoroughly, i believe the only one deserved being banned and deleted is Dr. Feller himself. he is the only one who was calling people (jessie) names such as sick, liar, and threaten of suing him, and also insulting almost all of his unsatisfied patients accusing them of having agendas by trying to get free surgeries, without even caring about their loss and feelings. let's face it, all of those unsatisfied patients believed in Dr. Feller and choose him over lots of other qualified and professional doctors in the fields and paid lots of money for their procedures only to be disappointed not only by the outcome but by the attacks they got from Dr. Feller in a very unprofessional way that i have never seen any doctor doing it, im only saying that so Dr. Feller understand that those people do not hate him, as a matter of fact they had great respect for him at first which made them choose him and put their faith in him, so he should respect their opinions instead of calling them liars and attacking them and threaten to suit them.

let's face it, in all of Dr. Fellers "bad results" topics, corvettester was not the only one against him, actually people who were attacking Dr. Feller were way more than those who were defending him.

I just had to say what i believe to be the right thing even though i know that i might be banned as well (which i hope not), and i hope that this forum embrace the freedom of speech and let people express their feelings freely without being afraid of getting banned.

I hope you reactivate corvettester account, and im sure im not the only one in this forum who hopes so. i am against banning anybody for saying their opinions but again if there is somebody who deserve that it in this topic it sure wasn't corvettester.

Thanks,