2450 Graft FUE Transplant Repair - Dr. Bicer, Istanbul, Turkey

• Administrators

Bro this is looking insane. So happy for you, just look at the difference.

4C7F6E76-BC23-4D0A-9FB6-18B77BB4046A.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking good! How close can you shave/get a fade on the back before the scar is visible? Or do you think the new grafts do a good enough covering it up? The picture you posted looks good so I'm curious how close of a shave that is (e.g., #3, #2, etc).

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 6:48 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Bro this is looking insane. So happy for you, just look at the difference.

4C7F6E76-BC23-4D0A-9FB6-18B77BB4046A.jpeg

Wow. I actually haven't done a side-to-side comparison like this yet. This really puts things into perspective for me so thank you! Looks incredible!!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 10:45 PM, Rex99 said:

Looking good! How close can you shave/get a fade on the back before the scar is visible? Or do you think the new grafts do a good enough covering it up? The picture you posted looks good so I'm curious how close of a shave that is (e.g., #3, #2, etc).

Thank you! If you go back to my pictures on Week 21 I just had a #1 on the back and sides of my head to give you an idea. I'm hoping that after 12 months you won't be able to see it even when shaved down to a #1 but let's see! Week 22 would be a week of growth so likely closer to a #2 at that point.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:48 PM, RTC said:

Everything is looking great man

You must be thrilled so far

The scar still needs a little improvement 

Thanks! I actually don't notice the scar much (probably because it's on the back of my head haha) but once I hit the 1 year mark I'm sure it will be less visible. 

Really happy with the results so far!

24 Week (6 month) Postop Update: So happy with the results so far. Just had a haircut earlier today. Buzzed to a #1 on the back and sides.

My doctor has had me stop taking Oral Minoxidil and will not give me a prescription as he claims it is very hard on your kidneys. I did a quick search online and didn't find it to be particularly bad. Curious to know other people's thoughts on this one? @Gatsby I think you mentioned you've been taking it for some time?

Continuing with Fin 1mg daily. Derma roller 0.5mm twice a week. Oral minoxidil 1.25MG.

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

• Administrators

Looks really good, as for oral minoxidil. I haven’t heard any issue’s regarding kidneys. 

The only studies I found were from the 80s. Even with the info we have the data can be conflicting. It appears that minoxidil can improve renal function in hypertensive patients based on this small study:

https://academic.oup.com/qjmed/article-abstract/52/2/280/1552403

Cardiovascular side effects seem to be the most worrisome for minoxidil. I can’t say I’ve ever heard anyone mention renal function.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

25 Week Postop Update: Things looking great. Can't see scar at the back of my head after 1 week of growth following a #1 buzz haircut. I think if I did a 1.5/2 you wouldn't see it at all.

Continuing with Fin 1mg daily. Derma roller 0.5mm twice a week. Oral minoxidil 1.25MG.

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

• Administrators

Your literally getting better each week! 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Dude your hair looks amazing. Incredible repair 🤩

• Like 1

View my thread

On 10/2/2023 at 5:33 PM, hairlossburner1234 said:

22 Week Postop Update: Love how the hairline is coming in!

It's been 16 weeks of using Oral Minoxidil daily.

IMG_9946.JPG

IMG_9951.JPG

IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9949.JPG

This is outstanding 

• Like 1

28 Week (7 months) Postop Update: Really happy with my results! I just had a haircut yesterday and shaved the back and sides down to a 1. I can no longer see the scar on the back of my head as the new grafts Dr. Bicer implanted have now grown over it.

Continuing with Fin 1mg daily. Derma roller 0.5mm twice a week.

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG