2450 Graft FUE Transplant Repair - Dr. Bicer, Istanbul, Turkey

Hello All, I completed a 2nd HT in Istanbul, Turkey with Dr. Bicer a couple of days ago. Here are my before/after pics and my story.

30 YO Male. Finasteride 1MG/Day for 2 years.

This was my 2nd HT, see my previous post here from the FUT surgery I did in Colombia around 1 year ago: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63519-does-this-look-like-2500-grafts-harvested-fut/

I wasn't satisfied with the results from my first surgery so I consulted with a few of the top doctors commonly named on this forum in Turkey and Brazil. The reason I went with Dr. Bicer was because her staff was much quicker to respond and easy to get in touch with, she gave me an accurate ballpark of the amount of grafts I would need for the surgery, the surgery fit my timeline and budget. 

After I submitted pictures and we had done our consultation online she had quoted me at 1000-1500 grafts to fix the hairline, add density to the frontal zone, and cover the scar at the back from my previous FUT surgery. Upon seeing me in person she informed me that the case was more complicated than she had thought due to the previous surgery. She informed me I had 3 different options to choose from:

1. Remove the previous multi-grafts and implant them again further back in my head. Then perform an FUE surgery. (Required 2 days of surgery, causes scarring, more time in Turkey, double the cost $)
  2. Perform a regular FUE surgery and implant the new grafts in between the grafts from my previous surgery. Move the hairline down very slightly and implant single grafts to camouflage the multi-grafts. (The original plan)
  3. Remove the grafts from the previous surgery via laser now (no scarring) and come back in ~6 months for the FUE surgery. (Did not fit my timeline)

She informed me Options 1&3 would give the best result but was fairly confident that, given my particular case, Option 2 would also achieve a great result. I chose Option 2 as I only had 6 days in Turkey and limited vacation days to recover from the surgery. She agreed that if I wasn't happy with the results with Option 2 I could always come back in a year to do Option 1 or 3 and she would honour the price discussed.

I was adamant that I wanted my frontal region packed with grafts as tightly as possible and I would be okay with using more grafts than 1000-1500. She said she could go up to 2500 but she would keep the price she quoted me previously at 1000-1500 grafts.

She personally performed all incisions and took only grafts from the back of my head, leaving the grafts on the sides of my head for future surgery should the need arise.

The final result was 2450 grafts implanted, 150 to cover the FUT scar at the back and 2300 for the front. Here's the extraction breakdown:

• Singles: 960
  • Doubles: 1120
  • Multis: 370

It's only been a couple of days but overall I'm extremely happy with my experience. The grafts are much more tightly packed which will hopefully give me the desired thickness in the front I was looking for and give me a more natural looking hairline with the addition of the singles at the front. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Bicer and her staff. I felt taken-care-of before, after and throughout the entirety of the procedure. She gave me all the information I needed to make a decision, answered all my questions and I did not feel any pressure to choose one option over another even though she could have made more money doing so. If I decide to have more work done in the future I will definitely come back!

I will update my pictures here as my hair continues to grow! :)

IMG_3747.jpg

21a68d95-f791-4493-a701-c873d83deb4c.JPG

88924117-0564-4809-ae57-2fb4bea15277.JPG

d22a7b00-79c0-44e7-aa57-c383b90fadce.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

IMG_4138.JPG

IMG_2281 2.jpg

IMG_2282 2.jpg

IMG_4151.JPG

Edited by hairlossburner1234
Added more Before pictures
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Very excited for you man, I think you’re gonna be very happy. Your attitude is excellent and I’m wishing you then best 🙌🏼

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Congrats on your repair! Dr. Bicer is extremely esteemed here and the work looks incredible!! You chose an excellent doctor for your repair. I’ll definitely be following along with you.

Did you talk to the doctor about the amount of grafts removed previously from the strip. Looking at the picture of your recipient design with your head shaved it definitely doesn’t look like 2500 were taken-not that that matters now.

In the photo of your donor just below your strip there are some dots that look like some FUE had been taken previously. IMG_8511.thumb.jpeg.dd33cf7bdd37b555a5b116b6bc4867a5.jpegUnless I missed where you said that in your previous post..

Again, it really doesn’t matter at this point. I was just wondering about it. Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to your updates. Happy growing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steeeve said:

Congrats on your repair! Dr. Bicer is extremely esteemed here and the work looks incredible!! You chose an excellent doctor for your repair. I’ll definitely be following along with you.

Did you talk to the doctor about the amount of grafts removed previously from the strip. Looking at the picture of your recipient design with your head shaved it definitely doesn’t look like 2500 were taken-not that that matters now.

In the photo of your donor just below your strip there are some dots that look like some FUE had been taken previously. IMG_8511.thumb.jpeg.dd33cf7bdd37b555a5b116b6bc4867a5.jpegUnless I missed where you said that in your previous post..

Again, it really doesn’t matter at this point. I was just wondering about it. Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to your updates. Happy growing!

Good eye! You’re right, it was a mixture of FUT/FUE, there were some grafts removed using the FUE technique and that’s what the dot scarring is from. I don’t have contact with the doctor that did it in Colombia anymore but she claimed it was 2.5K grafts. The result did not look like it and I’m hoping it wasn’t that many either!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Very excited for you man, I think you’re gonna be very happy. Your attitude is excellent and I’m wishing you then best 🙌🏼

Appreciate your response Melvin. When I mentioned that I did my research using this forum Dr. Bicer said to thank you for taking the time to help so many people here. Much appreciated! :)

@hairlossburner1234 Thanks for the tag, I know I came across pretty harsh when you posted you’re first HT, seems like you have now managed to address all the issues with the second. This is going to be a marked improvement, the design and implementation looks good. Great to see a follow up on this 👍🏽

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRITA-XL said:

@hairlossburner1234 Thanks for the tag, I know I came across pretty harsh when you posted you’re first HT, seems like you have now managed to address all the issues with the second. This is going to be a marked improvement, the design and implementation looks good. Great to see a follow up on this 👍🏽

No problem at all, the reason I post here is to learn as much as possible. I’m sure others did from your comments as well. Hopefully this post does the same. Appreciate you commenting! 👍🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You've gone to a top surgeon @hairlossburner1234. I have every confidence that this will turn out incredibly natural and you can put any hairline worried to bed. All the best and I look forward to following your updates! 💯👌

I definitely felt that, I had a great experience with Dr. Bicer and her team. Thank you, more to come! 💪🏻

i have the same case man,your looks great !

How did u contact her? By the form or email?

Were u not afraid about lowering the hairline even a bit if the density later would be not as u hoped for?

I am asking because its more of my concern mostly so anyway,heal well mate !

33 minutes ago, JasonElva1990 said:

i have the same case man,your looks great !

How did u contact her? By the form or email?

Were u not afraid about lowering the hairline even a bit if the density later would be not as u hoped for?

I am asking because its more of my concern mostly so anyway,heal well mate !

By WhatsApp: +90 530 414 13 13. 
thanks! No, I wasn’t concerned with lowering the hairline. The main goal was to make it more natural looking. I also know I have quite a healthy supply of donor hairs from my first consultation with a Doctor regarding a hair transplant so that helped in my case!

5 minutes ago, hairlossburner1234 said:

By WhatsApp: +90 530 414 13 13. 
thanks! No, I wasn’t concerned with lowering the hairline. The main goal was to make it more natural looking. I also know I have quite a healthy supply of donor hairs from my first consultation with a Doctor regarding a hair transplant so that helped in my case!

Good for you - She gave a great interwiev last day on youtube with Joe about managing the donor and hope for people with overharvested donor from other clinics.

If u dont mind,could you check my post? Literally when i looked on your hairs i was thinking of mine so u gave me hope man writing about the 3 possibilities we all can have going for a surgery to her.

If You would chose option 3 then as i logicly thinkg,u would balder the following 6 months then before and later go for another surgery,am i right?

Option 2 is the best - Keep us updated and i wish you more hair then u had in your teenage years 🤗

1 hour ago, JasonElva1990 said:

Good for you - She gave a great interwiev last day on youtube with Joe about managing the donor and hope for people with overharvested donor from other clinics.

If u dont mind,could you check my post? Literally when i looked on your hairs i was thinking of mine so u gave me hope man writing about the 3 possibilities we all can have going for a surgery to her.

If You would chose option 3 then as i logicly thinkg,u would balder the following 6 months then before and later go for another surgery,am i right?

Option 2 is the best - Keep us updated and i wish you more hair then u had in your teenage years 🤗

Thank you! Yes Option 3 would leave you as you were before your first surgery was my understanding. If I were you I would do a consultation with the Doctor so they can give you specifics about your case. Since it’s a free consultation you have nothing to lose by getting more information to make your decision. 

Thanks man ! I did that all thanks to you

I had a video conversation with her before work,now lets say i had a wide spectrum of doctors to look on my case but like in the begining Eugenix is my top choice,the India travel time is the only issue for me

Dr Bicer gave me a quick look,she said i look very fine and no repair is needed,only adding density with restoring my hairline by lowering it a lil bit but the eyebrow transplants price and overall her prices are to much for me as i only need around 1000-1600 grafts but at least i know where im at :)

Dude,once again thank u and i hope for you to have the best hair possible !

Edited by JasonElva1990
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JasonElva1990 said:

Thanks man ! I did that all thanks to you

I had a video conversation with her before work,now lets say i had a wide spectrum of doctors to look on my case but like in the begining Eugenix is my top choice,the India travel time is the only issue for me

Dr Bicer gave me a quick look,she said i look very fine and no repair is needed,only adding density with restoring my hairline by lowering it a lil bit but the eyebrow transplants price and overall her prices are to much for me as i only need around 1000-1600 grafts but at least i know where im at :)

Dude,once again thank u and i hope for you to have the best hair possible !

All good man, glad you got the info you needed to help make a decision. Message me here if anymore questions.

Thank you, best of luck with the surgery!