2450 Graft FUE Transplant Repair - Dr. Bicer, Istanbul, Turkey

• 2 weeks later...

14 days Postop update: hair starting to grow, redness starting to fade. Transplanted hair starting to shed. I bought a dermaroller for the area that has NOT been transplanted and am considering 5% Minoxidil to tackle the thinning region in the middle of my scalp. Also looking into Oral Minoxidil, anyone care to share opinions on which they prefer?

89F2B426-F234-4E54-BDCA-CF59D1669B60.thumb.jpeg.d64150c715b770f7bdd31012c06582ec.jpeg

Edited by hairlossburner1234
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Mate I wouldn't be running a derma roller over your scalp until it has properly healed and all your grafts have popped. I went from topical to oral minoxidil (5% oral no sides at all) and the improvement was like night and day. My hair and beard just feel thicker and stay in the anagen phase longer. All the best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Mate I wouldn't be running a derma roller over your scalp until it has properly healed and all your grafts have popped. I went from topical to oral minoxidil (5% oral no sides at all) and the improvement was like night and day. My hair and beard just feel thicker and stay in the anagen phase longer. All the best!

Oops I meant to add I’m not derma rolling the transplanted area or the back of my head where the grafts were taken out. Only the middle and sides that were not touched at all during the procedure. Thanks for the comment!

Did Dr. Bicer talk with you about wrong angling from the first transplant? The previously transplanted hairs are pointed too upward, so I am curious whether she followed this angulation or placed them in correct angles. I heard that general recomendation is to follow the angle/direction of whatever has been already done.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pultarmi said:

Did Dr. Bicer talk with you about wrong angling from the first transplant? The previously transplanted hairs are pointed too upward, so I am curious whether she followed this angulation or placed them in correct angles. I heard that general recomendation is to follow the angle/direction of whatever has been already done.

This is something I wonder. Does placing new grafts at different angles to the pre existing ones impact survivability?

On 5/27/2023 at 4:51 PM, pultarmi said:

Yes she did, that was the first thing she pointed out to me, I had no idea. Tbh I'm not sure but it's a great question to ask! What I believe from our conversation is she added about 7 grafts to every 3 that I had from the previous surgery with the right angling. In the hopes that these 7 when fully grown will be able to disguise the misalignment of grafts from the previous surgery. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

1 Month Postop update. I'll get a haircut today to make this a buzzcut fade (mainly the sides) and clean up the look a bit. Picked up some topical hair fibers for when I don't want to wear a baseball cap. Going to add oral min to the regime and derma rolling 0.5mm (only to the non-transplanted area).

IMG_5178.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

18 hours ago, hairlossburner1234 said:

1 Month Postop update. I'll get a haircut today to make this a buzzcut fade (mainly the sides) and clean up the look a bit. Picked up some topical hair fibers for when I don't want to wear a baseball cap. Going to add oral min to the regime and derma rolling 0.5mm (only to the non-transplanted area).

IMG_5178.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

This is the worst time because of the nature and pattern of your hair loss. Someone with a basic Norwood 2 would probably be able to disguise things way better, whereas you have a hairline and patches behind, so it looks very unnatural. I have almost the same problem as you due to a botched HT.

For me it took 10 weeks to get to a hair length where I could cover things up again. Before that was all hats and questions about why I was always wearing one 😭

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:27 AM, RTC said:

This is the worst time because of the nature and pattern of your hair loss. Someone with a basic Norwood 2 would probably be able to disguise things way better, whereas you have a hairline and patches behind, so it looks very unnatural. I have almost the same problem as you due to a botched HT.

For me it took 10 weeks to get to a hair length where I could cover things up again. Before that was all hats and questions about why I was always wearing one 😭

Hahaha hoping 10 weeks comes quick then! The fibers seem to do a decent job for me.