2450 Graft FUE Transplant Repair - Dr. Bicer, Istanbul, Turkey

6 weeks Postop update:

Seems like the shedding has now stopped and hair is regrowing slowly again. Would really love those corners to start coming in strong but it's still early. Considering some people don't see growth until 3-4 months in i'm pretty happy with how things are progressing so far.

Hats and hair fibers are still my best friends.

Continuing with Fin 1mg daily. Introduced a derma roller 0.5mm twice a week. Still need to get a prescription for oral minoxidil. 

IMG_5609.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG

IMG_5617.JPG

On 5/29/2023 at 3:33 PM, hairlossburner1234 said:

Hmm great question. Going to ask Dr. Bicer's staff and see what they say

Did you manage to ask Dr Bicer about this bro?

I have pretty much the exact same situation and would be good to hear what your Dr said about whether she implanted the new grafts at the same or different angle to the pre-existing poorly-angled ones

2 minutes ago, RTC said:

Did you manage to ask Dr Bicer about this bro?

I have pretty much the exact same situation and would be good to hear what your Dr said about whether she implanted the new grafts at the same or different angle to the pre-existing poorly-angled ones

Yes, she added about 7 grafts to every 3 that I had from the previous surgery with the right angling. In the hopes that these 7 when fully grown will be able to disguise the misalignment of grafts from the previous surgery. Does that make sense?

Otherwise I would have needed 2 days of surgery for the grafts to be removed and I would have had scarring from the removal.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Getting out of the ugly duckling phase soon. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 Week Postop update: Really happy with my progress. Still some slight redness but it doesn't bother me. I'm no longer wearing a hat out or using hair fibers and just rocking it all natural at this point. Started Oral Min 1.25MG last week. From what I can tell shedding is over..fingers crossed anyways!

IMG_5953.JPG

IMG_5952.JPG

IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gatsby said:

For eight weeks your donor is bouncing back and you seemed to have retained a lot of the transplanted hair. Imagine how you will look in eight months!!  Looking good and thanks for sharing! 👌

Thank you, I'm pleasantly surprised it's coming back this quickly! Can't wait for the 8 month mark :)

9 Week Postop update: one of the holes on the right side of the 1st picture (my left) seems to be growing in faster, you can see it clearly in IMG_6336. Still some slight redness as well. The transplanted hair is growing more slowly than the rest of the hair on my head so I'm getting my hair trimmed every 2 weeks or so to even things up (not necessary just personal preference) and fade the sides.

Continuing with Fin 1mg daily. Derma roller 0.5mm twice a week. Oral minoxidil 1.25MG. 

IMG_6339.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG

IMG_6336.JPG

IMG_6338.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

11 Week Postop Update: Right side (6859) continuing to come in strong. Can't wait for the other side to come in.

At this point I feel like my hair at the corners is now a similar thickness to before I had this transplant. Some of the new hair has started to come in because it's growing noticeably slower than my regular hair, which is why I am getting more frequent haircuts to even out the top.

If you look at the Before pics at the start of this thread you can see for yourself: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/68764-2450-graft-fue-transplant-repair-dr-bicer-istanbul-turkey/

I'm out of the ugly duckling phase at this point. Let the good times roll!

Continuing with Fin 1mg daily. Derma roller 0.5mm twice a week. Oral minoxidil 1.25MG. 

IMG_6858.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG

IMG_6859.JPG

IMG_6860.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

12 Week Postop Update: Can see the newly transplanted hair starting to sprout up on the hairline! These next 3 months should be a lot more exciting! Looks like the redness is finally gone now as well, though it could just be because my hair is longer in these pictures.

IMG_7047.JPG

IMG_7049.JPG

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

• Like 2

13 Week Postop Update: Got a haircut. Hair seems to be a bit thicker in IMG_7274 but that could also be lighting/haircut. 

It's been 7 weeks of using Oral Minoxidil daily, which should start kicking in at about the 12 week mark from what I'm reading.

IMG_7274.JPG

IMG_7275.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

IMG_7278.JPG

• Valued Contributor

@hairlossburner1234Its geting better and better and you will start seeing more growth from now on ..would be exciting to follow your journey ..Happy growing and keep updating brother ....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

@hairlossburner1234Its geting better and better and you will start seeing more growth from now on ..would be exciting to follow your journey ..Happy growing and keep updating brother ....

Thank you, appreciate the comment. Glad to see others think there’s an improvement and it’s not just my own bias!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@hairlossburner1234 your hair is really starting to thicken up now. Oral minoxidil will definitely boost your results in the months ahead too. 💯👌

Thanks for taking the time to comment Gatsby! Happy that you think it’s thickening up as well. Can’t wait for the Minoxidil to work it’s magic!

• Like 1