Xyon Topical Dutasteride User Trial (2) - Discussion, Comments and Questions

TorontoMan

I’m all for breakthroughs of new hair loss treatments. But I’m confused as to why there is such a hefty price tag on Xyon’s topical dustasteride. Since it is only the vehicle that’s changed and they did not pay for the expensive clinical trials needed to bring a new drug to market. Which also brings me to my next point: there’s very limited data showing its efficacy. Looking on Xyon’s website it shows they did 2 tests, one was on excised human skin, and the other on a very small sample group. I understand they are a business for profit, but isn’t selling a preexisting drug with their own vehicle cream that advertises reduced risk of side effects without the proper clinical trials to back those claims, at a 10X mark up than said preexisting drug a little unethical? It seems like the anecdotal evidence is promising, but I still think the the lack of clinical data, and price is very concerning. I would love to hear more from Xyon themselves as to what justifies the price tag, and what they are doing to further the proof that what they’re selling is as advertised. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, HairlineHero said:

I started taking Xyon's Topical Dutasteride last week - currently applying daily as recommended by Dr. Hasson and the pharmacist 🤞.

Has anyone tried applying Xyon's Topical Dutasteride on their temple peaks or at the base of their neck, which are also common areas affected by androgenic alopecia?  It seems that people are predominately applying it on their crown, midscalp, and hairline.

I don't think it's necessary to apply at the nape. I'm only applying it to the hairline and crown, but I'm still getting thickening in other areas. Even my donor area has improved in quality.

On 9/25/2023 at 2:11 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

My advice is take it 1x per week, see how you feel. If you’re good, then slowly increase the frequency by 1x per week. I believe 4-5x per week is good enough. 

@Melvin- Admin Is there a thread that you know of that already has communication related to those who prefer topical Fin to topical Dut?  (Whether Xyon brand or others?)

For those who are using this. Did you read the leaflet fully? I ask this because it's clearly stated that you use it in the morning and they advise against using it at night and sleeping with it on your head/in your hair. Reason is bc it'll transfer onto your pillow and can then transfer onto your partner which is a big no no. I wonder if people with systemic sides are due to improper of cleaning their hands after use and incidentally ingesting some.  

Anyways I got my bottle today but after reading the leaflet I'm pretty deterred from starting it. The warning and side effect section of the leaflet is pretty scary. I know they have to put it on there because it's their due diligence but still it's kind of off putting 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:26 PM, Kevin Mendez said:

I’m all for breakthroughs of new hair loss treatments. But I’m confused as to why there is such a hefty price tag on Xyon’s topical dustasteride. Since it is only the vehicle that’s changed and they did not pay for the expensive clinical trials needed to bring a new drug to market. Which also brings me to my next point: there’s very limited data showing its efficacy. Looking on Xyon’s website it shows they did 2 tests, one was on excised human skin, and the other on a very small sample group. I understand they are a business for profit, but isn’t selling a preexisting drug with their own vehicle cream that advertises reduced risk of side effects without the proper clinical trials to back those claims, at a 10X mark up than said preexisting drug a little unethical? It seems like the anecdotal evidence is promising, but I still think the the lack of clinical data, and price is very concerning. I would love to hear more from Xyon themselves as to what justifies the price tag, and what they are doing to further the proof that what they’re selling is as advertised. 

If you Google them you'll see there's a lot of advertising done for this product. Mind you if their delivery system does what it says it does that's a part of the reason too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 11/7/2023 at 9:05 AM, TRC79 said:

Expiration is now 6 month not 3? 

Mine still says 3 months and I just received it.

IMG_0678.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Mine is 6 mths. 

I’m gonna reach our maybe they messed up on my label.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...

So I ordered my topical duta, but I’m absolutely terrified of side effects (I had sides on microdosing topical fin). Has anyone had any side effects? Can someone explain to me why the likelihood of getting sides using this is very small?

I’m planning on using once a week (as instructed by Dr. Cooley)

Edited by GhostCryptid13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 11:22 AM, mrmane85 said:

Is it possible to get this in Australia? 

They e-mailed me 6 months ago that it was only available in Canada + U.S., but that they would keep me posted when it was available it Europe (so I guess it's the same situation for Australia)

Haven't heard them anymore since them, but I really hope it comes available worldwide in 2024

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

How's everyone doing result wise? I feel like im losing ground using topical dut 3x weekly. Still on daily minox and once weekly microneedling , my best results were on oral fin .33mg 3x daily plus minox/microneedling, but had sides. So far with xyon topical dut no noticeable sides. so frustrating considering going back to oral fin maybe .25mg, really wish you could get a fin pill at a lower dose instead of cutting because its highly in accurate.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, TRC79 said:

How's everyone doing result wise? I feel like im losing ground using topical dut 3x weekly. Still on daily minox and once weekly microneedling , my best results were on oral fin .33mg 3x daily plus minox/microneedling, but had sides. So far with xyon topical dut no noticeable sides. so frustrating considering going back to oral fin maybe .25mg, really wish you could get a fin pill at a lower dose instead of cutting because its highly in accurate.

Why are you only using it 3x per week?

View my thread

54 minutes ago, TRC79 said:

I used the Xyon topical Dut for 6 months and also thought I lost ground. I have since gone back to using Fin and Minox daily with better looking hair caliber. 

45 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Why are you only using it 3x per week?

1- mostly fear around sides

2- not wanting to use the day before or after microneedling 

3- really don't like how my hair looks with it on (are you using at night even tho instructions say not to ?)

4- will for sure at least add 1 more day and aim to get u to 5x weekly 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hairboy67 said:

I used the Xyon topical Dut for 6 months and also thought I lost ground. I have since gone back to using Fin and Minox daily with better looking hair caliber. 

were you using xeon daily ? how long have you been back on fin? what dose and frequency ?

Edited by TRC79

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, TRC79 said:

were you using xeon daily ? how long have you been back on fin? what dose and frequency ?

I was using topical dut 5x week for 6 months. I just felt it was not as effective as oral finasteride. I have been back on fin daily for the past 3 months. 

Edited by Hairboy67

1 hour ago, Hairboy67 said:

I was using topical dut 5x week for 6 months. I just felt it was not as effective as oral finasteride. I have been back on fin daily for the past 3 months. 

3 months sounds about right to notice the difference. Ur on 1mg daily fin ? 

5 hours ago, TRC79 said:

What sides ?

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

1 hour ago, arthurSam said:

What sides ?

On fin, lower libido, still able to perform but noticeably weaker erections, and it would take while to get going. Not the end of the world but def unwanted sides.

• Administrators

Oral finasteride is probably more effective, but also more likely to cause sides. Ive found using topical dut at least 5x per week has been effective. 

• Like 1

View my thread

12 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Oral finasteride is probably more effective, but also more likely to cause sides. Ive found using topical dut at least 5x per week has been effective. 

Are u using it at night ? do u also use minoxidil ? do you separate the times you do each ?