Xyon Topical Dutasteride User Trial (2) - Discussion, Comments and Questions

TorontoMan

3 hours ago, 4Godot said:

Good luck! How'd you know about the sale? Do you need a voucher or anything or is it just taken off at checkout?

got an email, now during checkout I couldn't find a field to input it so I emailed customer service and they said they would refund be 50%. lets hope they  do it. I think you have to opt in to their emails, but its code SPRING23.

Better Hair Days Ahead

• Like 1

cool, appreciate that. I think it's given me the incentive to take the plunge on their topical dut myself, also intending to start with once weekly. Might combine with Cosmerna and see how that goes (currently also on minox 2.5 pill)

• Administrators

Guys,

Lets post this on the official CosmeRNA thread. As far as I’m aware, you can only purchase in the EU

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/11/2023 at 8:38 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I took finasteride for 1 month back in 07 when I was 21/22. I developed side effects at the end of the month. I was taking 1.25 mg of proscar. The sides didn’t subside until the end of 07. I stopped taking it around May, so it was a good 6 months of sides. 

I then tried RU as well but also stopped due to sides that was in 2014. I was skeptical on topical finasteride, and especially dutasteride because all of the horror stories I was still hearing. But I’m honestly happy I tried it. I don’t use it daily, which I think is key for me. 3-4x a week with 2 pumps is good for me.

Everything is going good in terms of libido and sex drive thank god 😅 morning wood is normal too. I’ve seen some reports of getting side effects immediately, but I think that’s nocebo. In my experience, not even oral fin develop sides after one use. It usually takes weeks for it to build up.

You should be taking topical dut everyday for maximum effectiveness preferably in the morning 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sunset Dune said:

You should be taking topical dut everyday for maximum effectiveness preferably in the morning 

I have moved to 5x per week. I think moving up slowly is best. Gets your body acclimated. I don’t know if daily is going to make a huge difference vs. 5x, but maybe.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Sunset Dune said:

preferably in the morning 

Why is morning preferred? if you use minox foam in the morning as well, how do you space them out? @Melvin- Moderator do you use in am ? and if so what's your process with minox application? Does it affect the look of you hair ? 

• Administrators
Just now, TRC79 said:

Why is morning preferred? if you use minox foam in the morning as well, how do you space them out? @Melvin- Moderator do you use in am ? and if so what's your process with minox application? Does it affect the look of you hair ? 

Honestly, I apply it in the late afternoon. I usually go to the gym around 12pm, then take a shower after lunch around 2pm. I apply it around 2:30pm. I take my 5mg tablets of minoxidil in the morning. As long as you’re letting the topical dut absorb for 12 hours, you’re good.

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have moved to 5x per week. I think moving up slowly is best. Gets your body acclimated. I don’t know if daily is going to make a huge difference vs. 5x, but maybe.

are you experiencing any sides from the topical Dut? 

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

are you experiencing any sides from the topical Dut? 

None so far, been on it now 2.5 months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

@Melvin- ModeratorHey Melvin, I'm new to this site. Just ordered my first bottle of Xyon's Top Dut. How often did you apply it when you first started using it? I'm thinking of doing 3 times a week for a couple of weeks and then 5 times a week.

Has Xyon done studies on how long does it take for side effects to disappear, after stopping treatment, if someone gets them while using Top Dut?

Just hit the 2 month mark with Xyon's Dut.

I'm currently doing 3x per week, but will probably go up to 4x or 5x.

No noticeable regrowth, so it's hard to tell if it's working yet. I did get some shedding in the thin areas where I've been applying it, and the rest of my hair definitely feels healthier than before. The best effect so far is that it completely stopped the "DHT itch" on my scalp, which was driving me crazy before.

As for side effects, I think my libido is somewhat lower. That can be caused by tons of different factors, and I've been dealing with a crazy level of stress at work lately, so I can't attribute it to the meds directly. I haven't noticed anything else though. At this point, I'm sticking with it.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 5/10/2023 at 7:19 PM, DedLifts said:

Just hit the 2 month mark with Xyon's Dut.

I'm currently doing 3x per week, but will probably go up to 4x or 5x.

No noticeable regrowth, so it's hard to tell if it's working yet. I did get some shedding in the thin areas where I've been applying it, and the rest of my hair definitely feels healthier than before. The best effect so far is that it completely stopped the "DHT itch" on my scalp, which was driving me crazy before.

As for side effects, I think my libido is somewhat lower. That can be caused by tons of different factors, and I've been dealing with a crazy level of stress at work lately, so I can't attribute it to the meds directly. I haven't noticed anything else though. At this point, I'm sticking with it.

I bumped it to 5x per week. I think you should bump it to 4x per week for a few weeks then bump it up again. I think bumping it up slowly gets your body acclimated. 

View my thread

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to join the discussion. I just started Xyon Dut this week. I will post if I notice any results or sides. I did want to add that I spoke to the prescribing dermatologist regarding topical minoxidil usage combined with Xyon. He recommended applying Minoxidil foam fist letting it dry and then adding Xyon Dut.  

Edited by Hairboy67
  • Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Hairboy67 said:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to join the discussion. I just started Xyon Dut this week. I will post if I notice any results or sides. I did want to add that I spoke to the prescribing dermatologist regarding topical minoxidil usage combined with Xyon. He recommended applying Minoxidil foam fist letting it dry and then adding Xyon Dut.  

Awesome, thanks for sharing your review here. Have you considered switching to oral minoxidil?

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Awesome, thanks for sharing your review here. Have you considered switching to oral minoxidil?

I have looked at oral minoxidil but am trying to stop taking oral medication. I have some issues with angina and worried that oral minoxidil might contribute. Melvin, how was your experience?

There's some info here that adds weight to the molecular weight/ less systemic absorbtion theory (500 Dalton rule):

Although also posits this same characteristic may arguably limit topical dutasterides overall efficacy. Will be interesting to see people's test results after a few months of using it.

Edited by 4Godot

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Hairboy67 said:

I have looked at oral minoxidil but am trying to stop taking oral medication. I have some issues with angina and worried that oral minoxidil might contribute. Melvin, how was your experience?

No side effects at all on 5mg. 

View my thread

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

No side effects at all on 5mg. 

I have been on 1mg of finasteride for three years and have experienced low grade sides such as libido, depression, and insomnia. That is the reason I am switching to just topical Dut and Minoxidil. If this is not effective, I may try Oral Minoxidil. Thanks for the recommendation. 

On 4/19/2023 at 10:32 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s the new gold standard because its effective with lower side effects. I mean technically you could do both. No ones ever tried it. 

Im on both atm lol! I'm going to up topical dut from once a week to twice on top of fin, but skip fin the days I apply xyon. But I won't be upping for a little while until I'm sure there are no problems with it. For the time being, one pump per week has no caused any issues. 

I use every day for 4 months. Zero side effects. Not results yet. I also take 1mg of oral. 

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, amazing news, Ive been on Xyon top for 3 weeks applying just once a week, 1 pump. I did DHT test, and the results were really good to see. They came back and 50 ng/dl which is pretty high on the range and for me, I have not had these results since I've been on any finasteride, oral or topical. Here are some results over the years, anytime I am on oral (only .25mg 3x weekly) my DHT tanks to around 15-18 ng/dl. When ever I switch to home made topical with stemoxodine  (usually .33-.50mg/ml also 3x weekly) my serum DHT still drops from 23-28ng/dl. I never did a baseline prior to starting any meds but on the 2nd photo are results when I have been off all finasteride oral or topical. So a result of 50 on topical dut is almost hard to believe, I was soo surprised!  So with that said I will bump it up to 2x weekly for a couple weeks and prob settle at 3x weekly before testing again. No sides so far.

58533317-83F8-4D86-8193-203EF31C16AE.thumb.jpeg.de4448ca4d1029227a63837ee796d83a.jpeg

62C07841-CB03-4E26-9118-4ABDD326A400.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

41 minutes ago, TRC79 said:

Hey guys, amazing news, Ive been on Xyon top for 3 weeks applying just once a week, 1 pump. I did DHT test, and the results were really good to see. They came back and 50 ng/dl which is pretty high on the range and for me, I have not had these results since I've been on any finasteride, oral or topical. Here are some results over the years, anytime I am on oral (only .25mg 3x weekly) my DHT tanks to around 15-18 ng/dl. When ever I switch to home made topical with stemoxodine  (usually .33-.50mg/ml also 3x weekly) my serum DHT still drops from 23-28ng/dl. I never did a baseline prior to starting any meds but on the 2nd photo are results when I have been off all finasteride oral or topical. So a result of 50 on topical dut is almost hard to believe, I was soo surprised!  So with that said I will bump it up to 2x weekly for a couple weeks and prob settle at 3x weekly before testing again. No sides so far.

58533317-83F8-4D86-8193-203EF31C16AE.thumb.jpeg.de4448ca4d1029227a63837ee796d83a.jpeg

62C07841-CB03-4E26-9118-4ABDD326A400.jpeg

thank you for providing labs.

Happy to hear you are side effect free on the xyon dut.

What were your sides on fin?