Xyon Topical Dutasteride User Trial (2) - Discussion, Comments and Questions

TorontoMan

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, TRC79 said:

Hey guys, amazing news, Ive been on Xyon top for 3 weeks applying just once a week, 1 pump. I did DHT test, and the results were really good to see. They came back and 50 ng/dl which is pretty high on the range and for me, I have not had these results since I've been on any finasteride, oral or topical. Here are some results over the years, anytime I am on oral (only .25mg 3x weekly) my DHT tanks to around 15-18 ng/dl. When ever I switch to home made topical with stemoxodine  (usually .33-.50mg/ml also 3x weekly) my serum DHT still drops from 23-28ng/dl. I never did a baseline prior to starting any meds but on the 2nd photo are results when I have been off all finasteride oral or topical. So a result of 50 on topical dut is almost hard to believe, I was soo surprised!  So with that said I will bump it up to 2x weekly for a couple weeks and prob settle at 3x weekly before testing again. No sides so far.

58533317-83F8-4D86-8193-203EF31C16AE.thumb.jpeg.de4448ca4d1029227a63837ee796d83a.jpeg

62C07841-CB03-4E26-9118-4ABDD326A400.jpeg

Amazing, would be interesting to see if it changes at all using it more frequently. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, 12345 said:

What were your sides on fin?

Pretty standard stuff, lower libido weaker erections, nothing that kept me from performing but still never ideal. And never liked the idea of long term dht suppression. Also mental health, I've always associated higher levels of anxiety and depressive stretches when on fin, tho again this is subjective.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Amazing, would be interesting to see if it changes at all using it more frequently. 

Yup, I was concerned about the % of dutasteride so was pleasantly surprised with results. I will def do at least one more test and post here in a few weeks to find out if higher frequency or I might even start doing lil more than 1 pump per application as I am a diffuse thinner and spreading out 1 pump is though, and see if that makes a difference in results. 

Edited by TRC79
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TRC79 said:

Hey guys, amazing news, Ive been on Xyon top for 3 weeks applying just once a week, 1 pump. I did DHT test, and the results were really good to see. They came back and 50 ng/dl which is pretty high on the range and for me, I have not had these results since I've been on any finasteride, oral or topical. Here are some results over the years, anytime I am on oral (only .25mg 3x weekly) my DHT tanks to around 15-18 ng/dl. When ever I switch to home made topical with stemoxodine  (usually .33-.50mg/ml also 3x weekly) my serum DHT still drops from 23-28ng/dl. I never did a baseline prior to starting any meds but on the 2nd photo are results when I have been off all finasteride oral or topical. So a result of 50 on topical dut is almost hard to believe, I was soo surprised!  So with that said I will bump it up to 2x weekly for a couple weeks and prob settle at 3x weekly before testing again. No sides so far.

58533317-83F8-4D86-8193-203EF31C16AE.thumb.jpeg.de4448ca4d1029227a63837ee796d83a.jpeg

62C07841-CB03-4E26-9118-4ABDD326A400.jpeg

this looks brilliant! has your hair shown any positive signs of growth or stopping hair fall though? somebody in the U.S needs to send this to the UK for me 🤣

2 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

this looks brilliant! has your hair shown any positive signs of growth or stopping hair fall though? somebody in the U.S needs to send this to the UK for me

3 weeks, once per week too soon to see any results. my #1 concern was safety at this point and so far I am impressed with their tech that keeps the dut from going systemic. As I mentioned even at home topical fin dropped my dht levels pretty significantly.   

• Well Done 1

2 minutes ago, TRC79 said:

3 weeks, once per week too soon to see any results. my #1 concern was safety at this point and so far I am impressed with their tech that keeps the dut from going systemic. As I mentioned even at home topical fin dropped my dht levels pretty significantly.   

this is fantastic, I hope this continues for you 😊👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1

I'm a little over the 3 month mark now.

For the last month, I bumped it up to 5x per week. Going forward, I'm just doing every day.

I haven't really seen any crazy regrowth, but it's definitely doing the trick. I'm seeing improvements on a weekly basis, and my hair actually has volume for the first time in years. I even went out and bought a comb, something I haven't owned in a while.

As for sides, I'm going to say "none so far." I concluded that my initial libido drop was from getting COVID, bc I'm completely back to normal there.

At this point, I can't call this anything other than a total success. Bring on the next few months.

• Like 5

• Administrators
11 hours ago, DedLifts said:

I'm a little over the 3 month mark now.

For the last month, I bumped it up to 5x per week. Going forward, I'm just doing every day.

I haven't really seen any crazy regrowth, but it's definitely doing the trick. I'm seeing improvements on a weekly basis, and my hair actually has volume for the first time in years. I even went out and bought a comb, something I haven't owned in a while.

As for sides, I'm going to say "none so far." I concluded that my initial libido drop was from getting COVID, bc I'm completely back to normal there.

At this point, I can't call this anything other than a total success. Bring on the next few months.

That’s awesome, thinking of upping my frequency again as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 11:27 AM, TRC79 said:

Thank you for posting.  As someone who is considering topical Dutasteride, this is refreshing.  Are you partial to a particular company/brand for your topical Dut?  

6 week update- over the past 6 weeks I have used the Melvin approach and gradually increased my weekly application of topical Dutasteride. My current hair regiment includes applying TD 4x weekly and topical Minoxidil once daily. I have also continued to take oral 1 mg Finasteride but have reduced from daily to 3x weekly. 

Results- I think adding DT is definitely helping the condition/ quality of my hair. My hair looks better and is easier to style. I think it's too early to say DT has grown new hair, but I have noticed that my daily hair loss is almost zero. The real benefit is reducing the Finasteride weekly dose has lessened the sides and made them very easy to tolerate.

Edited by Hairboy67
  • Like 1

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Hairboy67 said:

6 week update- over the past 6 weeks I have used the Melvin approach and gradually increased my weekly application of topical Dutasteride. My current hair regiment includes applying TD 4x weekly and topical Minoxidil once daily. I have also continued to take oral 1 mg Finasteride but have reduced from daily to 3x weekly. 

Results- I think adding DT is definitely helping the condition/ quality of my hair. My hair looks better and is easier to style. I think it's too early to say DT has grown new hair, but I have noticed that my daily hair loss is almost zero. The real benefit is reducing the Finasteride weekly dose has lessened the sides and made them very easy to tolerate.

That's awesome, keep taking pictures in the same location to compare as you go along.

• Like 1

View my thread

On 7/4/2023 at 11:36 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

That's awesome, keep taking pictures in the same location to compare as you go along.

Melvin, I wanted to know how long do you have to keep xyon the scalp for it to be effective with the slower absorption. when would one wash their hair or get sweaty after? 

• Administrators

I usually apply Xyon in the evening after I shower, and I let it dry for 20-24 hours before washing. 

View my thread

For those of you not using the topical gel every day you’re just wasting your time. To achieve the best results you need to use it every day as directed, not every other day not 1x a week not 2x a week but every day. 
The gel needs to be on the scalp for at least 4 hours before washing.

Seems as though this lipo carrier must be left on scalp for 20-24 hours for full effectiveness.  That means that there really isn't a time when it isn't on your scalp.  I see positive results regarding no negative side effects but not much communication that its actually giving any positive results.  

5 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

For those of you not using the topical gel every day you’re just wasting your time. To achieve the best results you need to use it every day as directed, not every other day not 1x a week not 2x a week but every day. 
The gel needs to be on the scalp for at least 4 hours before washing.

And what are you basing this conclusion on? 

1 hour ago, yesplease said:

And what are you basing this conclusion on? 

Which conclusion? That the bottle instructions specifically states to use daily or that Xyon customer service representative said the gel needs to be on the scalp for at least 4 hours.

1 hour ago, Sunset Dune said:

Which conclusion? That the bottle instructions specifically states to use daily or that Xyon customer service representative said the gel needs to be on the scalp for at least 4 hours.

That it has to be used daily to be effective at all. 

1 hour ago, Sunset Dune said:

The instructions for oral finasteride are to take 1 mg daily. However, studies and data indicate that lower doses and less frequent dosing still reduce DHT to the same degree or very close to the same degree as 1 mg per day. 

Just because the instructions state something, doesn’t mean that the medication won’t be at all effective if used less frequently.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think daily use is optimal, but based on Xyon’s patent application, using it 1x per week still had a therapeutic effect. That said, it’s very easy to not use it properly. If you wash your hair before 24 hours, you probably won’t get enough absorption.

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think daily use is optimal, but based on Xyon’s patent application, using it 1x per week still had a therapeutic effect. That said, it’s very easy to not use it properly. If you wash your hair before 24 hours, you probably won’t get enough absorption.

What makes you say washing before 24 hours reduces efficacy? Xyon rep says it needs to be on for at least 4 hours.

having it on for 24 hours seems unreasonable because you can do many things within that time frame that may require you to wash your hair. (Workout, sweating, etc.)

Edited by Sunset Dune

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

What makes you say washing before 24 hours reduces efficacy? Xyon rep says it needs to be on for at least 4 hours.

having it on for 24 hours seems unreasonable because you can do many things within that time frame that may require you to wash your hair. (Workout, sweating, etc.)

The rate of absorption is really slow. The siloxysystem gel keeps it from absorbing rapidly. When I spoke to Dr. Hasson and Dr. Pimstone, they both advised to leave it on as long as possible without washing, unless you’re applying it daily.

View my thread

6 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

In the studies I've ready, the liposomal delivery method is more delayed and needs almost 20 hours to deliver entire product.  It doesn't deliver as fast as other carrier vehicles, which reach full potency in 4-8 hours, but its also less likely to cause scalp irritation, so that is the trade-off.