Oral Minoxidil for over 1 year

Jayson1361

17 hours ago, Smacias15 said:

Anybody develop ear air while taking oral minoxidil? Lol not sure if i always had it or it developed post OM

Yes, but from topical not oral. I suppose it's possible that I always had it and am just getting up in age and it's become noticeable, but pretty positive it's from the minox. 

33 minutes ago, RTC said:

I am already hairy af and considering oral min, but don't want to get hairier - has anybody noticed significant hair growth elsewhere on their face body?

Yes, on my upper arms, shoulders and upper back. It's a pain in the ass having to shave it lol

I have been taking 2.5mg Oral Minoxidil for 9 months.

Pleased with some thickening of scalp hair but pretty sure it has given me significant puffiness of the eyelids as a few friends are commenting.

Anyone else experienced this? I read on some other forums a diuretic can help?

Man I hope 5mg works for me.

Im giving it 3 months for further signs of growth...reluctantly upped dose few weeks ago after 7 months on 2.5mg.

If it doesnt that would be 10 months wasted on Oral Minoxidil with 0 results.

As opposed to having stuck with Topical 5% min....Everyday I think I should go back and stop wasting my time with oral

On 6/15/2023 at 8:58 AM, MaximusEastwood said:

I've been using topical minoxidil for a few weeks now and am considering switching to oral. Did anyone have weight gain with it? I saw that was one of the common side effects

I have been on 2.5 mg OM for almost 14 months , and I can say with certainty that I have gained at least 5 pounds in weight , I have asked the opinion of others but have no definite answer from anyone .

I have however stopped OM since 2 days so if it's water retention I will know within 10 days if I drop weight .

Have been on 5mg for a year. Excellent result so far zero sides. Hair is thicker all over. Very little shedding, can't believe this treatment was sitting under our noses since the 80s. I started liquid Rogaine when it first came out in the late 80s. I hated it as it was messy and made my scalp itch. Used many variations over the last 20 years of liquid forms. Nothing comes close to the oral form for results.

2 hours ago, ljpcarrera said:

Have been on 5mg for a year. Excellent result so far zero sides. Hair is thicker all over. Very little shedding, can't believe this treatment was sitting under our noses since the 80s. I started liquid Rogaine when it first came out in the late 80s. I hated it as it was messy and made my scalp itch. Used many variations over the last 20 years of liquid forms. Nothing comes close to the oral form for results.

Do you have check ups about your heart?

Yes sir, I am religious of yearly checkups and blood work. Loniten oral for high blood pressure can go up to 40mg.

I feel 5mg is safe for hairloss, would not go any higher.

Edited by ljpcarrera
Add text

Had an appointment took 5mg oral yesterday about an hour or so before, and blood pressure was normal.

been on 5mg last few weeks hopefully this does the trick and I see results. Really don’t wanna go back to topical 

3 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

You guys are unbelievable... It's a 25 minute video that is directly related to your situation given the fact that you're on this forum. Just take the time to sit down and watch it lol 

but its 25mins listening to a complete looney 🤣

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

You guys are unbelievable... It's a 25 minute video that is directly related to your situation given the fact that you're on this forum. Just take the time to sit down and watch it lol 

I’ve watched it and all I took from it was a strange man angrily ranting for 25 minutes…Whatever he was trying to do or say didn’t get through to me…His delivery makes me switch off.

Sure I’ve heard someone say elsewhere he experimented with taking 40mg of oral minoxidil in the past lol

If it’s any consolation I’ll likely be dropping oral and going back to topical 😂

Edited by LeveledUp
  • Like 1