Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

• Valued Contributor

My face is tilted down there. 

The distance between the glabella and mid-frontal point is now smaller than the distance between the tip of my nose and chin (whereas it used to be the same). You can’t tell from that photo. My hairline was lowered by about 2cm in total.

That green line would mean my hairline was entirely on the frontalis muscle as mine is naturally higher. The “rule” of thirds is not a rule. It’s a rough guideline. What’s more important is an individual’s physiology: frontalis muscle, distances between sections of the face + donor capacity, additional hair loss and how the hairline will look at 50, 60 etc. 

In any case, I’d prefer for you to stop posting pictures of me in your thread and to remove the ones you’ve posted. 

Edited by Berba11

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

My face is tilted down there. 

The distance between the glabella and mid-frontal point is now smaller than the distance between the tip of my nose and chin (whereas it used to be the same). You can’t tell from that photo. My hairline was lowered by about 2cm in total.

Yeah, it is little tilted down, but i still think in terms of facial proportions it is ok. Unfortunately, i didn't see in your thread this photo with black lines before HT, so i didn't know they lowered it by 2 cm (similar to mine) 

That green line would mean my hairline was entirely on the frontalis muscle as mine is naturally higher. The “rule” of thirds is not a rule. It’s a rough guideline. What’s more important is an individual’s physiology: frontalis muscle, distances between sections of the face + donor capacity, additional hair loss and how the hairline will look at 50, 60 etc. 

Of corse it is a guideline and other factors matter, i agree. But i mean, it is what it is right now.

If i move my eyebrows and frontalis muscle, hairline near MFP is moving very little, it's not big deal. If you don't have big hairline movement too, i don't see it is worth it to take back hairline higher by 1 cm in 3 surgeries and gain only around 700 grafts. 

In any case, I’d prefer for you to stop posting pictures of me in your thread and to remove the ones you’ve posted. 

I assumed it is not problem since you post it by yourself on this forum, but ok, i deleted photo with your face visible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Ya unfortunately this does not look good at all.  Too many Eugenix apologists here. Just admit this was a terrible result.

Watch out guys, if you criticize Eugenix too much Melvin will come shut down the thead saying "There's nothing more to be discussed" as he has multiple times in the past.

Eugenix is a middle to below average group, at least on the world scale, but they have a more open schedule and better prices than the top-10 clinics. They gave Melvin a transplant, presumably heavily discounted or for free, and pay the forum for advertising so of course they're going to be heavily favored the admin and his yes-men. Don't forget -- this isn't Wikipedia, it is a for profit website. The surgeons are the customers here, we're the product. 

Still can't get over the fact that they're named after a Nazi genetic cleansing movement that was used to justify genocide. They've really got to brush up on their 20th century history; what a horrible choice for a practice name.

And yes, the cheerleading and ulterior motives have gotten a bit out of hand as of late, admins in the past were more hands off. But what alternative do we have? If we don't like it we should start our own forum, which no one here has the time or motivation to do.

And Eugenix does have some solid results, they're just not consistent. I still think the yield wasn't bad and that you're much better than where you started. You can fix it with a repeat procedure. Go to one of the tops for high volume sessions. Focus on patient posted pictures, make a Google sheets and Growly notes and come up with your own ratings. Do not trust the opinions of a bunch of keyboard warriors, use data. There are too many ulterior motives on the site.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Face Palm 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, consequence said:

Watch out guys, if you criticize Eugenix too much Melvin will come shut down the thead saying "There's nothing more to be discussed" as he has multiple times in the past.

Eugenix is a middle to below average group, at least on the world scale, but they have a more open schedule and better prices than the top-10 clinics. They gave Melvin a transplant, presumably heavily discounted or for free, and pay the forum for advertising so of course they're going to be heavily favored the admin and his yes-men. Don't forget -- this isn't Wikipedia, it is a for profit website. The surgeons are the customers here, we're the product. 

Still can't get over the fact that they're named after a Nazi genetic cleansing movement that was used to justify genocide. They've really got to brush up on their 20th century history; what a horrible choice for a practice name.

And yes, the cheerleading and ulterior motives have gotten a bit out of hand as of late, admins in the past were more hands off. But what alternative do we have? If we don't like it we should start our own forum, which no one here has the time or motivation to do.

And Eugenix does have some solid results, they're just not consistent. I still think the yield wasn't bad and that you're much better than where you started. You can fix it with a repeat procedure. Go to one of the tops for high volume sessions. Focus on patient posted pictures, make a Google sheets and Growly notes and come up with your own ratings. Do not trust the opinions of a bunch of keyboard warriors, use data. There are too many ulterior motives on the site.

I have no idea what this rant is about, but let me clear some misconceptions. Eugenix is not recommended by this forum only Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal. We have never, nor will we ever recommend clinics. We examine a specific surgeons body of work and consistency individually. Separate from their clinics. Dr. Das isn’t listed on this site and she is not a sponsor.

Secondly, I haven’t posted on this thread in months. I have been completely hands off. I have shared my thoughts in the past and anyone and everyone is free to agree or disagree. I never said anything about removing this thread. In fact, I encourage everyone to share their genuine thoughts and concerns on their respective threads. 

Thirdly, the only time I got involved is when you wrote something incredibly misogynistic and sexist I removed the comment. But I still didn’t post. In retrospect, I should have called out your behavior which is unacceptable. That type of misogyny has no place here.

Lastly, GeneralNorwood can feel however he wants about his results. Its his head, not anyone else’s. Everyone here is sharing their opinions, that’s what happens on a public forum. If you don’t want to hear a variety of different opinions and perspectives don’t post on a public forum. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, consequence said:

admins in the past were more hands off.  

Unless you’re now posting under a new name you should not be saying this. You have not been around long enough to make a statement like this. There has never been a time when any admin/moderator was “hands off” on this forum. Before Melvin there was Bill and before him there was Blake Bloxham (actually there were more but I can’t remember everyone’s name) They were all very hands on.

Not to mention that statements like this really have no place within GeneralNorwood’s thread. Your misogynistic comments, comments about the name of the clinic, etc. None have any place here. It’s not funny. It’s not cute. All it does is derail the thread and other members from supporting @GeneralNorwood in whatever he decides to do.

Thats all that anybody should be doing here.

Edited by Steeeve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 2

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, consequence said:

If it's anarchy you're after brother you've come to the wrong party. Nuff said.

• Like 2

@GeneralNorwood There are a lot of comments here that I've tried to read through, and have gotten through some of them. I have to say I agree with your assessment of your situation very much, and understand your position on the planning by the clinic now. Unfortunately my situation was addressed in a similar way that doesn't seem to be entirely proper planning.

In my case, I think the physical quality of my 2 HTs there has been very good...the work was performed very well and the growth has been very strong overall. I agree with you now that planning seems to be the issue. In my case, as we discussed, my lateral hump areas should have been addressed more in a 1st procedure, and the crown left for a future operation if I wanted it. I do not regret having my temples done at all because it has made a big difference so far from the front, and now I can use pictures of myself without a hat on and be mostly satisfied with my look. I'm thankful for that. But they do definitely have two different techs do one temple each. My right temple is stronger than my left; no person in public would really notice, but I know how to tell the difference. But the biggest problem is this disconnect of hair that has been left on top, with retreating lateral humps and lower crown. In my most recent, 2nd procedure, which addressed this area, even Dr. Sethi would not commit to fully closing that gap at any place, as he said it could always recede more. But I don't know if that's a great reason for not closing the gap completely at the time. Sure, it could depend on a person's goals, but I think for advanced Norwoods, one of the biggest goals should be not leaving any drastic gaps or disconnections on the head other than where it would be completely natural (the circular crown area).

I wish you the best in your future efforts to keep tackling this. For me, I am not yet pleased with how slow my lateral humps and lower crown have come in since my 2nd procedure. I know they will come in stronger over the next few months, but even with that, I can tell that I don't think I'll be ultimately satisfied with the overall distribution or the line of disconnect at the lower crown that I now have. I have contacted Dr. Pittella and am awaiting his consultation on my situation. I am very interested in him, but unless he would be able to offer me something lower-priced than his typical, I won't be able to afford it at this time.

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 3:40 AM, general-etwan said:

@GeneralNorwood There are a lot of comments here that I've tried to read through, and have gotten through some of them. I have to say I agree with your assessment of your situation very much, and understand your position on the planning by the clinic now. Unfortunately my situation was addressed in a similar way that doesn't seem to be entirely proper planning.

In my case, I think the physical quality of my 2 HTs there has been very good...the work was performed very well and the growth has been very strong overall. I agree with you now that planning seems to be the issue. In my case, as we discussed, my lateral hump areas should have been addressed more in a 1st procedure, and the crown left for a future operation if I wanted it. I do not regret having my temples done at all because it has made a big difference so far from the front, and now I can use pictures of myself without a hat on and be mostly satisfied with my look. I'm thankful for that. But they do definitely have two different techs do one temple each. My right temple is stronger than my left; no person in public would really notice, but I know how to tell the difference. But the biggest problem is this disconnect of hair that has been left on top, with retreating lateral humps and lower crown. In my most recent, 2nd procedure, which addressed this area, even Dr. Sethi would not commit to fully closing that gap at any place, as he said it could always recede more. But I don't know if that's a great reason for not closing the gap completely at the time. Sure, it could depend on a person's goals, but I think for advanced Norwoods, one of the biggest goals should be not leaving any drastic gaps or disconnections on the head other than where it would be completely natural (the circular crown area).

I wish you the best in your future efforts to keep tackling this. For me, I am not yet pleased with how slow my lateral humps and lower crown have come in since my 2nd procedure. I know they will come in stronger over the next few months, but even with that, I can tell that I don't think I'll be ultimately satisfied with the overall distribution or the line of disconnect at the lower crown that I now have. I have contacted Dr. Pittella and am awaiting his consultation on my situation. I am very interested in him, but unless he would be able to offer me something lower-priced than his typical, I won't be able to afford it at this time.

So I see that, more and more former Eugenix patients are noticing the lack of planning and are looking for other clinics.

I agree 100% with what you wrote. Treating lateral humps in your case should start in first procedure and then some grafts could be added in second. Like here : https://youtu.be/XASvPhbsRO4?t=549

Leaving gaps and dissconections is unpleasing. I don't get this idea. Is it to make us unhappy and come back? Homogenous extraction and implantation makes more sense for me. One of the doctors that i talked to said "You can't have surgery every year,you have a life."

At the end of the day, it's us who care most about the final result. With this in mind, it is worth choosing a doctor who will spend a little more than 5 minutes planning and just eyeballing the donor. It doesn't have to be at Zarev's level, where everything is calculated to the letter, but I think the closer to this method, the better.

My piece of advice. Don't rush in to the next procedure. Talk to different surgeons and take your time analysing all options

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

Temple points are the hardest to get right. They are the finest caliber hair, there are many natural irregularities, the directions can naturally be different. Probably only hair right above the ear and around the nape area are suitable for temple points.

My own temple points, my right side grows at completely different angles than my left. They are clearly not straight when you look at them. Yet, these individual irregularities still look natural because practically everyone displays some level of these variations.

The same can be said for the hairline, which is why it is the next hardest thing to get right in hair transplantation. Also, there is nuance to having not enough density, to having too much density, of course it goes without saying to not have doubles/triples in the front. 

Edited by asterix0

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

So I see that, more and more former Eugenix patients are noticing the lack of planning and are looking for other clinics.

I agree 100% with what you wrote. Treating lateral humps in your case should start in first procedure and then some grafts could be added in second. Like here : https://youtu.be/XASvPhbsRO4?t=549

Leaving gaps and dissconections is unpleasing. I don't get this idea. Is it to make us unhappy and come back? Homogenous extraction and implantation makes more sense for me. One of the doctors that i talked to said "You can't have surgery every year,you have a life."

At the end of the day, it's us who care most about the final result. With this in mind, it is worth choosing a doctor who will spend a little more than 5 minutes planning and just eyeballing the donor. It doesn't have to be at Zarev's level, where everything is calculated to the letter, but I think the closer to this method, the better.

My piece of advice. Don't rush in to the next procedure. Talk to different surgeons and take your time analysing all options

I shared what Pittella sent me back on my thread. Math doesn’t make complete sense though so I’ll be doing a video consult with him just to get an idea of what he would do with me if I were to go to him. 

@GeneralNorwood I am interested to hear what steps you are considering on moving forward and how you will approach future surgeries from now.

I also want to know, has any of the surgeons that you have communicated with told you what type of obstacles will be present because of the poor planning? What type of issues are present now that would not of been there if you have appropriate planning from the beginning.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

5 hours ago, mister_25 said:

@GeneralNorwood I am interested to hear what steps you are considering on moving forward and how you will approach future surgeries from now.

Now the most important thing for me are the next live consultations. Based on them, I will draw conclusions and decide where I will perform the second transplant. 

5 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I also want to know, has any of the surgeons that you have communicated with told you what type of obstacles will be present because of the poor planning? What type of issues are present now that would not of been there if you have appropriate planning from the beginning.

Obstacle is that now the area to cover is over 200cm2. If the hairline had not been lowered by 2cm, the area to be covered would have been smaller

Really poor planning. 

It’s inexcusable that with your hair colour and naturally fine hair that the hairline would be lowered as much. In your case to lower your hairline 1cm it could be damn near 800-1000grafts.

I am shocked that none of the so called experienced guys here are saying that the grafts are even placed on the vertical plane of your scalp. Well before the curvature of your forehead. Mind boggling… 

Doctors should show intuition in all hair transplant cases, this copy and paste approach does not work.

My advice is to look for a doctor who is happy to raise your hairline by 1cm. It may be a little over the top to some but you have clear signs of aggressive hairloss. 

Hope you can find the right solution. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 8:18 PM, Tommy1991 said:

Really poor planning. 

It’s inexcusable that with your hair colour and naturally fine hair that the hairline would be lowered as much. In your case to lower your hairline 1cm it could be damn near 800-1000grafts.

I am shocked that none of the so called experienced guys here are saying that the grafts are even placed on the vertical plane of your scalp. Well before the curvature of your forehead. Mind boggling… 

Doctors should show intuition in all hair transplant cases, this copy and paste approach does not work.

My advice is to look for a doctor who is happy to raise your hairline by 1cm. It may be a little over the top to some but you have clear signs of aggressive hairloss. 

Hope you can find the right solution. 

Raising the hairline it is one of options to get this 1000 grafts back. But this kind of operation requires 3 procedures, so i am not so eager to do that. So firstly i want to use the classical donor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, so the news is that i shaved completely bald 😁

412032025_200345536476731_729562109819720309_n.jpg.4b1d4edb82d73e55b372eef0f1ee1746.jpg

409594386_884597153106749_3634591583659736618_n.jpg.cb84db8e97ac53b854c43105b90d93cf.jpg

Do not treat this as part of "just shave it bro" movement though. I lost the battle, but the war continues. Of course i am still on medication and there will be second HT in some time. 

So why i did i do that? To be honest, i was just tired of this strategy "just comb your transplanted hair back". Basically, it required my constant attention, using hair products like seasalt spray, gels,pomades,fibers, hairsprays, wearing headbands and there were always some flaws and the wind was the enemy and physical activities were the enemy. It was really exausting. My life before HT was easier 🙃

Then i decided to cut frontal hair shorter and see how it looks

409629582_735391008640812_9195188790850318961_n.thumb.jpg.840a5dc3d3485054104b6b5490b9a718.jpg411551123_376532154848597_8055660815656031187_n.thumb.jpg.9ea8f6107615adec90479d4cc6a73f1b.jpg411553474_731459998506078_6479222956805061593_n.thumb.jpg.5b3885c20456aa32726410eb0c4fc905.jpg

Unfortunately, not treating lateral humps area is pain in the ass and with shorter haircut combed forward, it looks like i wear a wig for the frontal third only :D 

So i decided to shave bald to not care so much about my hair for now. And i must say that i feel good about it. It is liberating. 

And of course, if you look at the pictures after i shaved, the frontal third looks darker, the sides look darker and midscalp and crown look completely bald. Because as you may remember, i am Norwood 6 ;) 

So i figured out, that i would be good candidate for SMP after all and it doesn't matter that i have blonde hair. 

PS. I decided that i am back to weekly microneedling (dermapen 1,5mm) + topical minoxidil 5%. Oral minoxidil didn't impress me, so i am back to the treatment that in 2021 i used for bald scalp too and it had best effect for me. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 5

Shaving it all for some months can be a good choice, so that you can relax and disconnect a bit from the hair issue.

32 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Do not treat this as part of "just shave it bro" movement though. I lost the battle, but the war continues.

I am so happy to read this.

I hope you end up finding a great surgeon with the best approach to your situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, asterix0 said:

I would just recommend to not do microneedling if you plan on another transplant. I read it may damage your scalp and compromise future transplant yields. 

where did you read this? 

14 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

412032025_200345536476731_729562109819720309_n.jpg.4b1d4edb82d73e55b372eef0f1ee1746.jpg

409594386_884597153106749_3634591583659736618_n.jpg.cb84db8e97ac53b854c43105b90d93cf.jpg

Do not treat this as part of "just shave it bro" movement though. I lost the battle, but the war continues. Of course i am still on medication and there will be second HT in some time. 

So why i did i do that? To be honest, i was just tired of this strategy "just comb your transplanted hair back". Basically, it required my constant attention, using hair products like seasalt spray, gels,pomades,fibers, hairsprays, wearing headbands and there were always some flaws and the wind was the enemy and physical activities were the enemy. It was really exausting. My life before HT was easier 🙃

409629582_735391008640812_9195188790850318961_n.thumb.jpg.840a5dc3d3485054104b6b5490b9a718.jpg411551123_376532154848597_8055660815656031187_n.thumb.jpg.9ea8f6107615adec90479d4cc6a73f1b.jpg411553474_731459998506078_6479222956805061593_n.thumb.jpg.5b3885c20456aa32726410eb0c4fc905.jpg

Unfortunately, not treating lateral humps area is pain in the ass and with shorter haircut combed forward, it looks like i wear a wig for the frontal third only :D 

So i decided to shave bald to not care so much about my hair for now. And i must say that i feel good about it. It is liberating. 

And of course, if you look at the pictures after i shaved, the frontal third looks darker, the sides look darker and midscalp and crown look completely bald. Because as you may remember, i am Norwood 6 ;) 

So i figured out, that i would be good candidate for SMP after all and it doesn't matter that i have blonde hair. 

PS. I decided that i am back to weekly microneedling (dermapen 1,5mm) + topical minoxidil 5%. Oral minoxidil didn't impress me, so i am back to the treatment that in 2021 i used for bald scalp too and it had best effect for me. 

brooo shaved look seems really fiting for you as you have a hairline now, did you shave with clippers or razor?

4 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

where did you read this? 

I unfortunately don't have the source, I think I was talking to someone on reddit who mentioned a well known hair transplant doctor told him this.

However, I will say looking on some threads with micro needling, the growth factors angle is interesting as a scientific concept but in practice, I think all it is doing is enhancing the absorption of minoxidil, so you could pretty much get the same results by say taking a low dose oral minoxidil rather than risking infection by not cleaning your scalp properly after micro needling.

For myself, I did not notice any benefits with micro needling after doing it religiously for a year, and I was already on finasteride and minoxidil a long time at that point. 

• Like 1

I have also been considering shaving my head recently. Not so much for aesthetic reasons or because I'm sick of styling it, but because I'd like to see the extent of my miniaturization to help me decide when is the best time to do a 2nd HT for my hairline. I'm pretty sure I'm moving in the direction of NW5 but it's always been a very slow loss for me and its' easiest to see what's going on with a fully shaved head it seems. 

But can also relate to the liberating feeling of shaving. I'm pretty happy with how I can stlye my hairline right now, but windy is the enemy if I don't have hair spray in. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 2:07 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

May I ask whether you used minoxidil during the post-operation period?

@GeneralNorwood Can you post some pics of your FUE scars ? from what I can see your scars do not look to bad. I had a failed FUE transplant from another clinic, but my scars on the side of my head look horrible. the surgeon used a bigger punch on the side of my head.