Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

Just now, Fox243 said:

Did you ask if you can use beard hair?

Why on earth would he need to use beard graft? He has 8500 grafts available, if he includes beard hair they can probably go up to 20000 grafts or even more.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Ok, guys, It's time to put cards on the table. 

A week ago I was in Bulgaria and did some sightseeing in beautiful Sofia. However, this was obviously not the main purpose of my visit.

I saw Dr. Zarev. 

Two weeks ago i received message from Zarev's clinic that somebody  cancelled consultation and they offered me this spot. I didn't think twice before buying a flight ticket. Yes, it was off-schedule consultation.

The consultation exceeded my expectations. It lasted for 2 hours and 30 minutes, longer then my consultations with other surgeons combined. Firstly,we talked about my hairloss history. I was showing to him pictures on my phone that i prepeared, he asked me about medications and about family history of balding. I showed him pictures of my dad and uncle, but anyway he said that in my case balding pattern (Norwood 7) is so obvious, that we really don't need to look at family pictures (but we did anyway). 

Then he asked me about my expectations. I said that i want to bring back the naturalness and i think repairing the disconnection is first step to do that. But the most important thing is that I want his opinion on what can be achieved.

He invited me to sit on photosession chair and he started to make pictures from all angles. 

The most interesting part for me was measurments.

He divided my scalp into more than 80 areas. He said that usually he creates ~60 areas but for my case he must create more, because i had HT already. Yes, guys, 80 areas. It happened. 

Then he used micro camera on this areas, measured them with tape. We could see photos from micro camera on the big screen and he started to calculate grafts/cm2. Some areas had only ~45 grafts/cm2 but others like area above extraction zone had 70+ grafts/cm2. 

Dr. Zarev made some further calculations on the paper for a longer period of time and when he finished said to me that

1. Currently my recipient area needs 5200 grafts.

2. We can extract maximum 6500 from the donor without depletion. So with current needs we are below depletion level. 

3. 8500 grafts can be extracted maximally, but this would require shorter hairstyle on the sides and the back. 

4. I will lose more hair in the future, even with medications. And because of that i will need more HT's. 

I got surgery date in 3 years. However i am on the off-schedule cancellation list. 

IMG_0611.thumb.jpg.7706ec1ab4efd9c0595fb5e4fee14218.jpg

IMG_0141.thumb.jpg.b4e5f5509b7bf3ac07977ab5cb6cbe00.jpg

Do you seriously believe that you have 8500 or even 6500 grafts available for future procedures?

Edited by jjalay

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Well, that's quite the mic drop. Plenty of time to seek a consult with  Dr jjalay to validate Dr Zarev's cursory glance at your head. 😉

In all seriousness, you've seen the world's best and will put yourself in the best possible position for a great outcome. I'll follow with great interest - if I'm not mistaken you'll be the first Zarev repair case documented on here.

Not sure this will truly be classified as a repair case unless the plan is to move the hairline a bit?

Zarev is really setting the standard and changing the game. Who would've guessed a Dr out of little old Bulgaria would be emerging as the Michael Jordan of HT's. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Why on earth would he need to use beard graft? He has 8500 grafts available, if he includes beard hair they can probably go up to 20000 grafts or even more.

He might need beard grafts for future balding. There's no way 8500 covers a NW7 completely.

Just now, Fox243 said:

He might need beard grafts for future balding. There's no way 8500 covers a NW7 completely.

3 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Not sure this will truly be classified as a repair case unless the plan is to move the hairline a bit?

Zarev is really setting the standard and changing the game. Who would've guessed a Dr out of little old Bulgaria would be emerging as the Michael Jordan of HT's. 

There is also onecoin that came from bulgaria, dont forget about that.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Do you seriously believe that you have 8500 or even 6500 grafts available for future procedures?

Bisanga said that we can extract 3200 grafts and then we will see. 

Bruno Ferreira said we can extract between 5000-6000 grafts below depletion. 

Dr. Zarev says that we can extract 6500 grafts below depletion. 

11 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

In Dr. Zarev's opinion my beard has different characteristics compared to hair. 

Bisanga thinks the same. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

5 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Bisanga said that we can extract 3200 grafts and then we will see. 

Bruno Ferreira said we can extract between 5000-6000 grafts below depletion. 

Dr. Zarev says that we can extract 6500 grafts below depletion. 

Bisanga thinks the same. 

Its just my view from what ive seen so far but you are still preety young and except from restoring your hairs on the top its important to maintain a healthy donor area. If you had such a strong donor a would be the first to say it but from my experience i really dont think you have 6500 grafts available or even 4000 grafts per fue.

In your shoes i would proceed with an fut only on the back of your head and not on the sides- This wond be a long strip but if you have good laxity this can give you maybe 2000 grafts without damaging the donor. If you have another 1000 grafts fro the beard you have 3000 grafts in total to do a repair. All the best!

7 minutes ago, jjalay said:

In your shoes i would proceed with an fut only on the back of your head and not on the sides- This wond be a long strip but if you have good laxity this can give you maybe 2000 grafts without damaging the donor. If you have another 1000 grafts fro the beard you have 3000 grafts in total to do a repair. All the best!

Dr Sever Muresanu said that FUT is not good idea for me, because i don't have virgin scalp and it is not worth the effort. He recommended FUE

• Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)

That sounds like a great consultation @GeneralNorwoodwith a lot of detail and careful planning but the oracle @jjalayhas spoken I’m afraid so please put these carefully examined fairy tales to one side and get yourself a 2,000 graft FUT surgery. 😉

Edited by Berba11
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Dr Sever Muresanu said that FUT is not good idea for me, because i don't have virgin scalp and it is not worth the effort. He recommended FUE

Get a second opinion from someone like konior or dr wong about this. You dont have to lose anything. Once again this doesnt many much sense because if you have 5000-6500 grafts available via fue the density in the safe zone on the back of your head should be really high. You cant have both.

13 minutes ago, jjalay said:

if you have 5000-6500 grafts available via fue the density in the safe zone on the back of your head should be really high. You cant have both.

But Zarev is not extracting from the classical safezone, he is extracting from all of the donor, right up to the border of balding pattern. 

Just now, Berba11 said:

What did Dr Zarev say about the hairline, @GeneralNorwood? I know Bisanga and Sever were keen to make modifications and remove grafts.

He said the design was too aggressive for my level of hairloss, but  he didnt see the point in extracting hair from the hairline.

Bisanga never said anything about modification of the hairline. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Bisanga never said anything about modification of the hairline.

Ah ok - I've misremembered. Do you not say that more than one surgeon wanted to do something with it?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Do you not say that more than one surgeon wanted to do something with it?

The other one who wanted to do something with it was Bruno Ferreira. He wanted to extract some grafts and add some grafts as well. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

The other one who wanted to do something with it was Bruno Ferreira. He wanted to extract some grafts and add some grafts as well. 

With Dr Zarevs waiting list, is 3 years the on schedule or off schedule waiting? I initially had a offer of consultation at the end of 2026 when I contacted them in 2023

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

With Dr Zarevs waiting list, is 3 years the on schedule or off schedule waiting? I initially had a offer of consultation at the end of 2026 when I contacted them in 2023

3 years, It's same for everyone who just had consultation.

Surgeries are done in 3 days per week. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

3 years, It's same for everyone who just had consultation.

Surgeries are done in 3 days per week. 

I'm assuming its the 9 euros per graft.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Short blonde hair can be very deceiving, my donor looked similar post-sitting one and I went on to get another 4k grafts from it. The OP has stronger donor than me, so on that logic alone,  the 5k estimation, appears completely plausible. Also with FUE I find there is length (similar to OPs latest update) when the FUE is more noticeable. When I buzz down, its much less noticeable and grown longer its hard to detect. But the one-two weeks after shaving down, there is more noticeable patchy appearance.  Another observation I had is the OP FUE scaring reminds me of Rolands' result - to a lesser extent. 

image.thumb.png.f7c0f6d3201e9d6dd17d468e4e754354.png

Where did you get your first surgery from ? 

I am so happy you are finally going with dr. Zarev. If there is a doctor that can properly manage your situation is him. Hopefully some cancellations eventually occur and you end up having your surgery sooner than later.

All the best and thanks for sharing your story in such a detail and such a high level of honesty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Where did you get your first surgery from ? 

You haven’t followed @Bandit90’s journey on here? 👀

One of the most epic transformations on the forum with Dr Pradeep. 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

You haven’t followed @Bandit90’s journey on here? 👀

One of the most epic transformations on the forum with Dr Pradeep. 

Ohh that's John !!! Didn't recognise him from the user name. He has posted a picture of Mr Rolandas so got confused. 

Edited by bigmistake
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Bisanga thinks the same. 

What characteristics does Dr Zarev and Bisanga say that makes your beard hair different than your scalp hair? 

Does this mean you are not a candidate for using beard grafts?

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022