1935 graft FUE hair transplant NW2 Dr mwamba Brussels

On 11/13/2022 at 2:42 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

Day 1 post op:morning after procedure)

sleep very well using neck pillow and the pads provided by the clinic but will def do what @Melvin- Moderator suggests in his yt vid and buy pads from Amazon from when I get back home just to be extra cautious with the donor for the next couple weeks, no pain at all in the donor have been spraying both the hairline and donor with saline spray everytime I can today I’m going in for a hair wash by the team here are pics of the donor and hairline after getting up this morning no swelling at all so recovery is going very very well so far 👌 

50A29E92-3F5D-4F30-BB67-8AABAC2DF571.jpeg

F9ADEA67-45B9-4BEA-92A3-B35470ADDFCB.jpeg

3C54E19D-48A8-47B5-86AD-EA7F376F4231.jpeg

98B4CD64-ABAA-40B6-8A73-A870E55FD469.jpeg

I'm referring to this pad that you said here. You said that Melvin talked about it. Could you please send a link to the pad or video that you were talking about

11 hours ago, crazytimess said:

I'm referring to this pad that you said here. You said that Melvin talked about it. Could you please send a link to the pad or video that you were talking about

Just a neck pillow with a pad that you use when potty training dogs, my clinic provided pads I don’t have the link but maybe @Melvin- Moderator can help it was a video about how to sleep post op

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Just a neck pillow with a pad that you use when potty training dogs, my clinic provided pads I don’t have the link but maybe @Melvin- Moderator can help it was a video about how to sleep post op

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Really refined work, your donor is looking great already! 

Regarding dying your hair, in my aftercare pack for my upcoming HT it says this; "We advise that you avoid dyeing your hair for 12 months after your surgery as the harsh chemicals can irritate the scalp, impair your newly implanted hair grafts, and thus adversely impact the recovery process" - Maybe send a quick message to Mwamba / Joshua asking for clarification 

12 hours ago, Speoj said:

Really refined work, your donor is looking great already! 

Regarding dying your hair, in my aftercare pack for my upcoming HT it says this; "We advise that you avoid dyeing your hair for 12 months after your surgery as the harsh chemicals can irritate the scalp, impair your newly implanted hair grafts, and thus adversely impact the recovery process" - Maybe send a quick message to Mwamba / Joshua asking for clarification 

Yea I haven’t dyed it at all but if I was to dye it I wouldn’t go all the way down to the roots 

12 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Yea I haven’t dyed it at all but if I was to dye it I wouldn’t go all the way down to the roots 

Yeah not a bad shout, hoping to do the same with hair wax post op. I’ve been told by my doc to not use any hair products for the first 6 months incase it blocks graft growth but maybe just using it on the tips after the first few weeks might be alright 

48 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Post-op works looks very good, especially the donor area.

Yes it’s completely healed 2 months pics coming soon, I do plan on still getting fades after this all grows in so I’ll be curious to see how to scars look 

• Like 1

Hey guys it’s been 2 months time has flown by nothing much to report from month 1 still right in the ugly duckling phase still dealing with the normal redness outline a few pimples as well pictures are with hair slightly damp some grafts never fell out but seem stuck as stubble? Is that normal?

707D525B-E2C4-4DD9-8791-1AA3253FD987.jpeg

84DF0F26-3BC3-4CD3-8383-856834457C7F.jpeg

B52E0060-8956-48C5-B87C-EB036B062AF5.jpeg

35A6653E-5754-4FA0-9BC4-C5EA37258A69.jpeg

15A1BD17-EF96-4621-9998-3355FF07F141.jpeg

6FFDC57A-9F1E-4D4B-9D17-D80C616DBD39.jpeg

2F563197-53A4-47F6-BBB3-E6DBD0ACA39B.jpeg

if you check month 2 from all HT journals you will see it happens to literally everyone. The transplanted hair even if it doesn't fall off usually "freezes" until a new stronger one pops under it and pushes it away. A hair cycle of new hairs takes around 4 months (coincidentally when it should start improving)

i'm at 1.5months and have exactly the same too (mwamba ht). I would say your healing looks better than average so nothing to worry!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

if you check month 2 from all HT journals you will see it happens to literally everyone. The transplanted hair even if it doesn't fall off usually "freezes" until a new stronger one pops under it and pushes it away. A hair cycle of new hairs takes around 4 months (coincidentally when it should start improving)

i'm at 1.5months and have exactly the same too (mwamba ht). I would say your healing looks better than average so nothing to worry!

Thank you 🙏🏽 for confirming I figured that it freezes and eventually grows in caliper and length by month 4-5

if anything I've always been thrilled to see the 'frozen in place stubble hairs'. 

Maybe its bro-science, but I've always taken them as a sign that these grafts will 100% ultimately grow out.

Whereas, grafts that die or otherwise do not yield surely would just fall off in the initial shedding period or days after surgery, never to appear again. 

The frozen grafts will be dead hairs.

Don't panic, it's perfectly normal.

The FU's will be embedded in your scalp and primed for growth.

You can gently remove the dead hairs. They will slide out.

If you get any resistance then leave the hair - you're not plucking them!

Removing the dead hairs may reduce the pimples and encourage the new hairs to push through.

• Administrators

Everything looks right on track!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

if anything I've always been thrilled to see the 'frozen in place stubble hairs'. 

Maybe its bro-science, but I've always taken them as a sign that these grafts will 100% ultimately grow out.

Whereas, grafts that die or otherwise do not yield surely would just fall off in the initial shedding period or days after surgery, never to appear again. 

Yeah I guess you can guarantee if they stuck for 1.5-2month those graft aren't dead. Still weird they decide to not shed but stop growing 😅

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:01 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

Wondering if it’s normal for the grafts to stay stagnant? Some didn’t fall off but also haven’t grown in length 

3A70DAD6-CA39-4D42-BEEA-649BB7C4D8F4.jpeg

Looks normal, here's how mine looked at 2 months VS 15 months;
20211109_123809.jpg.beca7f1d53014521f298e7c393223214.jpg
image.png.da538a74f210d2a61ed08df0900d6bb4.png

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

@Dillpickle123 from here on in you will begin your growth journey. Remember it's a race not a sprint so if possible try and keep busy and focused on something like work, etc. Those hairs poking through now will just keeping going! All the best! 👌

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Dillpickle123 from here on in you will begin your growth journey. Remember it's a race not a sprint so if possible try and keep busy and focused on something like work, etc. Those hairs poking through now will just keeping going! All the best! 👌

Thank you Gatsby! I’ve seen a ton of vellus hairs these past few weeks 

• Well Done 1