1935 graft FUE hair transplant NW2 Dr mwamba Brussels

Hair will mature so the visual effect should get better, although at this stage probably not many more grafts will pop out. You can try to draw (with a marker) a 1 cm2 square on the transplanted area and count how many grafts are in that square - then you will get an idea what density you have achieved and whether the surgery was successful.

Edited by hairywannabe

• Valued Contributor

@Dillpickle123 Yeh there are many late growers and you can be one of them plus the already grown hairs will surely mature and will get thicker...so once if some more hairs pops our if not many and the already grown hairs gets thicker than it would look better and dense 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

5 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Got a haircut today was wondering if anyone here has done smp in the donor with good results? How does it look after getting a bald fade? Thanks 

6D956D90-3216-45AC-A5F7-DEA71030D1D2.jpeg

D683D205-2B37-4FA0-B8B4-AADF233F3010.jpeg

12ABC3FB-5FE7-4558-A7E1-30D7F37D3E23.jpeg

B2B655EA-FD54-4F46-9BFF-B5A88318ADAB.jpeg

The good news is there are more and more capable smp artists out there now vs before. And when done right it looks flawless. I'm lucky enough to have a couple close to where I live. Heck I live blocks away from hasson and Wong...

Yea they are definitely getting better I’ll probably do some research of good smp artists in California just wanted to see if anyone has done it in the donor and the gotten 0 guard fades it’s only about 200-300 dots that are visible 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9 month update 

Hey guys here’s my 9 month update nothing much to report when I rub my scalp I still feel the stubble hairs that are stunted hoping for them to grow hair looks good with fibers not so much without will need another surgery to finish things off unfortunately most cases aren’t one and dones but I can create the illusion of full hair with fibers so I’ll see what the doctor says at 12 months but I do not plan on any other transplant any time soon 

7721D6C5-7C0B-40C3-92BE-501A7B4ACA52.jpeg

27985B74-A0E7-4AA2-941B-34CF465FE85C.jpeg

048B699F-B586-4C95-89D5-C7098FAA31FC.jpeg

39D057D2-2AB6-4033-98E1-769061E81D1A.jpeg

E76B7527-54D0-4C6F-A5DB-D3AF1F454D13.jpeg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

9 month update 

Hey guys here’s my 9 month update nothing much to report when I rub my scalp I still feel the stubble hairs that are stunted hoping for them to grow hair looks good with fibers not so much without will need another surgery to finish things off unfortunately most cases aren’t one and dones but I can create the illusion of full hair with fibers so I’ll see what the doctor says at 12 months but I do not plan on any other transplant any time soon 

Are the second pics with fibre?

18 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

9 month update 

I am sorry to see this poor result. I always considered this a layup case since you are only a nw2 and this is before your surgeon's density problems became known. A NW2 straightforward implantation should not be this lackluster...  

Even considering this is only your 1st HT, i would have expected significantly better density in the temples, especially considering this doctors reputation. 

Especially the right side temple, it is hard justifying that result

You seem satisfied using fiber, so if you truly want to leave HT world for the time being then fiber seems like a great solution. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I am sorry to see this poor result. I always considered this a layup case since you are only a nw2 and this is before your surgeon's density problems became known. A NW2 straightforward implantation should not be this lackluster...  

Even considering this is only your 1st HT, i would have expected significantly better density in the temples, especially considering this doctors reputation. 

Especially the right side temple, it is hard justifying that result

You seem satisfied using fiber, so if you truly want to leave HT world for the time being then fiber seems like a great solution. 

I can’t afford another one right now 😂 just bought a house so fibers will have to do for a few years 

• Administrators

@Dillpickle123

I’m sorry, have you been in contact with Dr. Mwamba? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mr D ,

Slow growth or poor growth can happen after a surgery .

One of my task is to follow the guidelines while assessing your case .

We have to find the cause of poor growth ;if we find why it didn't take , we can correct the shot .

See you soon for your follow up consultation .

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 3:23 PM, Dr. Patrick Mwamba said:

Hello Mr D ,

Slow growth or poor growth can happen after a surgery .

One of my task is to follow the guidelines while assessing your case .

We have to find the cause of poor growth ;if we find why it didn't take , we can correct the shot .

See you soon for your follow up consultation .

Thank you for the response Dr M, I think I am just one of unlucky few that have <90% growth some of the grafts for some reason didn’t survive I did follow all guidelines I will be emailing you for a follow up to discuss this further thanks 

Seems to be a higher % of average results than good results with Dr Mwamba these days. I personally wouldn't have him on the recommended list. 

@Dillpickle123 have you reached out to any other surgeons to find out costs to get the result you need?

I would probably look at someone like Ferreira or Pinto. They do have fairly long wait times which could potentially give you enough time to save $. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

Seems to be a higher % of average results than good results with Dr Mwamba these days. I personally wouldn't have him on the recommended list. 

@Dillpickle123 have you reached out to any other surgeons to find out costs to get the result you need?

I would probably look at someone like Ferreira or Pinto. They do have fairly long wait times which could potentially give you enough time to save $. 

No don’t have the budget for it right now and although I do agree that the wait times might coincide with when I want to do another surgery hair fibers will have to do for now 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

No don’t have the budget for it right now and although I do agree that the wait times might coincide with when I want to do another surgery hair fibers will have to do for now 

You use them well so that will hold you off for as long as you need. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Yes I suppose those doctors mentioned would def be on my list dr couto too since wait time isn’t the issue 

Couto would be a great choice too. Could have a nice holiday in Spain and enjoy the beaches and sites for a week and then go for surgery.

55 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

Couto would be a great choice too. Could have a nice holiday in Spain and enjoy the beaches and sites for a week and then go for surgery.

Yea and I don’t plan on doing any more surgeries afterwards I just got unlucky but this should’ve been a one and done 

• Like 2