1935 graft FUE hair transplant NW2 Dr mwamba Brussels

I think you should not expect a huge difference from now on. Majority of your hair came out and maybe a few hairs will get more mature and thicker. But other than that, this is pretty much how you will look like also in month 12.

In my opinion, your density is not good. Especially for the amount of grafts that is implanted for this small area. I expected more density.

I was planning to do my surgery with Mwamba, but i think i will go to Bisanga after this.

• 3 weeks later...

11 month update

Time has flown by the hair that has grown has started to get to the length of the native hair I still use fibers often but very little there are some light spots on the hairline especially on the corners but they can be fixed later with a few hundred grafts donor look great at a 1 guard 

IMG_7580.jpeg

IMG_7583.jpeg

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7581.jpeg

I feel sorry for your experience here. You went to a surgeon that is recommended on here and you didn't cheap out, and you still got this subpar result. 

The density is really not good, considering how many grafts were used over a fairly small area. And the extraction pattern is also just bad given the small amount of grafts extracted. 

If the extractions had been taken from a bit higher up you would be able to rock your fade without any visible scarring. Taking so many grafts from the nape was just poor planning for this case. 

Hopefully you can find a good solution to all this. 

14 minutes ago, Anon94 said:

I feel sorry for your experience here. You went to a surgeon that is recommended on here and you didn't cheap out, and you still got this subpar result. 

The density is really not good, considering how many grafts were used over a fairly small area. And the extraction pattern is also just bad given the small amount of grafts extracted. 

If the extractions had been taken from a bit higher up you would be able to rock your fade without any visible scarring. Taking so many grafts from the nape was just poor planning for this case. 

I’m not as pessimistic as most everything happens for a reason I don’t feel botched the density isn’t where it should be but I’m already working with the doctor to make it right and find a solution I do agree that next time I would want my grafts pulled from higher on my donor if possible 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I’m not as pessimistic as most everything happens for a reason I don’t feel botched the density isn’t where it should be but I’m already working with the doctor to make it right and find a solution I do agree that next time I would want my grafts pulled from higher on my donor if possible 

you certainly did not get botched, but this really should have been a layup one and done case

No excuse for the really poor denity

its also bizarre to me that your 1500 grafts took 2 days to complete. I feel like almost any other doctor would have done that in 1 day...

I assume Dr. Mwamba goes super slow for some sort of perceived surgical benefit, but it clearly was not effective here. 

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

you certainly did not get botched, but this really should have been a layup one and done case

its also bizarre to me that your 1500 grafts took 2 days to complete. I feel like almost any other doctor would have done that in 1 day...

I assume Dr. Mwamba goes super slow for some sort of perceived surgical benefit, but it clearly was not effective here. 

1900 grafts

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Agreed when I got for the next top up I’m going to hope it’s only a day and also that he gets the grafts from higher 

13 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I've started to notice a trend where on the lower Norwood cases, Mwamba's yield is quite low.

• Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

22 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Agreed when I got for the next top up I’m going to hope it’s only a day and also that he gets the grafts from higher

just be really cautious man. 

assume Mwamba gave his A+ 10/10 effort the first time around, what will be different this time and how will the result be different?

I feel like HT doctors get stuck - for better or for worse - in whatever surgical methodologies they were taught themselves and have seen success from in the past. 

So Mwamba very well may be do the exact same thing as before and just hoping for a better result.

Also is Mwamba giving you a discount for this follow-up surgery?

Edited by HappyMan2021

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 10:39 AM, Anon94 said:

I don't agree with you. He didn't get a subpar result and good growth.

The density is not good because of very low density implanted, you can see from the day 2 post op pics that this needed at at least 500-600 grafts more for that entire area. There is nothing wrong with the extraction pattern either.

Poor planning? if a patient has a limited budget and wants to do it in 2 stages then there is nothing wrong either. Taking lower grafts are much more natural looking than top ones, been there and done that.

He can now get a 400-500 graft "toch up" and the area will look perfect.

You could see gaps everywhere 2 days post op

ECF70378-7970-4D4A-BDC4-4A9BA5459EB3.jpeg.079881e1b0ca9388f4cc8f00877cb806.thumb.jpeg.67e901276cfea00a83cbe0225cdd757a.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

@mustang I did not have a limited budget I spent 10k on this procedure and signed that he could take more of needed this result is not acceptable and steps are being taken behind the scenes to correct it there should’ve been more density for nearly 2k grafts full stop I did not want to do this in 2 steps and am a bit hesitant to go back again I was looking for a full result the first time around there wasn’t a 2 stage plan but I also know things happen and at least he’s reached out and agreed this wasn’t a good result 

@Dillpickle123 perhaps you already know this, but SMP only lasts for a few years before it starts to fade, and also there is some maintenance as you have to protect the SMP area from getting sunburned so it doesnt fade out

I think the better solution is to merely change up your haircut so you don't have a 0 guard in the extraction sites

While your surgery outcome is not good, even if you had a 10/10 surgery, having a 0 guard shave over extraction sites will result in them being visible. 

4 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Dillpickle123 perhaps you already know this, but SMP only lasts for a few years before it starts to fade, and also there is some maintenance as you have to protect the SMP area from getting sunburned so it doesnt fade out

I think the better solution is to merely change up your haircut so you don't have a 0 guard in the extraction sites

While your surgery outcome is not good, even if you had a 10/10 surgery, having a 0 guard shave over extraction sites will result in them being visible. 

Agreed maybe 🤔 I’ll grow a mullet lol

• Haha 1

Total speculation but perhaps your olive skin tone exaggerates the whiteness of the extraction sites. Idk. 

A #2 guard may or may not conceal the extraction sites or not. A #3 guard definitely should. 

I would say start with a #2 and see what it looks like. 

38 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Total speculation but perhaps your olive skin tone exaggerates the whiteness of the extraction sites. Idk. 

A #2 guard may or may not conceal the extraction sites or not. A #3 guard definitely should. 

I would say start with a #2 and see what it looks like. 

Agreed I just hope dr pitella trials go more mainstream so that donor scars are a thing of the past! I like getting fades and now it seems I can’t anymore unfortunately I think the contrast is high because others have been able to still get it and it’s not noticeable but mine are very noticeable