1935 graft FUE hair transplant NW2 Dr mwamba Brussels

19 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Dillpickle123 perhaps you already know this, but SMP only lasts for a few years before it starts to fade, and also there is some maintenance as you have to protect the SMP area from getting sunburned so it doesnt fade out

I think the better solution is to merely change up your haircut so you don't have a 0 guard in the extraction sites

While your surgery outcome is not good, even if you had a 10/10 surgery, having a 0 guard shave over extraction sites will result in them being visible. 

A friend had it 5 years ago and still looks fine and is under the sun all day in southern spain

7 hours ago, mustang said:

A friend had it 5 years ago and still looks fine and is under the sun all day in southern spain

Yes I’m addition to getting the hair transplant improved I will ask for SMP on the current donor and ask if they can extract from higher so that it’s hidden 

12 month update 

Hi guys I’m a bit late for the 12 months but it’s here, I’m not gonna sugar coat it the result is disappointing, with fibers it looks good without it looks bad lacks density, the shape of the hairline is good and like the design if all 2k grafts would’ve grown in then it would’ve been a home run for me It sucks that after a reading the forums so many years and babying the hair as it was growing resulted in this I took care of it all the time during the recovery but sometimes results don’t go the way you plan there are discussions with Dr M on correcting the result and adding the density it should’ve had and I respect the fact that I didn’t have to go to him about the result this forum was what he saw and he knew it wasn’t up to par and I can only respect the fact that he’s reached out to make it right. 

anyways here are the pictures, the right side which was my weaker side to begin with is the weakest the left is a bit weak also in patches, with some hair fibers and cleverness of hairstyles I can get away with a great head of hair so much so that people compliment my hair 

IMG_8101.jpeg

IMG_8102.jpeg

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

IMG_8104.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I think that your results are very natural @Dillpickle123 and nobody would never know you had surgery. I think though less than 2k grafts was never going to address all of the areas. Again it's a good result. 👌

Thanks Gatsby nice hearing from you 👍 I did give them the freedom to pull as many grafts as they saw fit but I suppose they went more conservative or a mix of poor growth and low grafts for the area either way I don’t regret doing it 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The meeting with the Dr went great, he agreed the density was below expectations and believes that we should take a 2 step approach to address the density issues by doing 2 separate 500-600 graft sessions this will reduce the inflammation and load on the body because one thing was I bleed a lot during my surgery he noted and that I have vitiligo which is auto immune but if we do 2 small sessions it should cause much inflammation one session will be done next year and the other 2025 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

The meeting with the Dr went great, he agreed the density was below expectations and believes that we should take a 2 step approach to address the density issues by doing 2 separate 500-600 graft sessions this will reduce the inflammation and load on the body because one thing was I bleed a lot during my surgery he noted and that I have vitiligo which is auto immune but if we do 2 small sessions it should cause much inflammation one session will be done next year and the other 2025 

I’m happy to see the doctor standing by his work. I’m really rooting for you. You deserve an excellent result 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

I think the work produced from the first procedure looks about as natural as it can get. I understand the need to move forward, though. I would want to if I were in your shoes. I think the doctor’s plan is solid and I can’t wait to follow along in the coming years!

Congrats on your success so far! You’re an extremely valuable member of the community and deserve the best!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

I think the work produced from the first procedure looks about as natural as it can get. I understand the need to move forward, though. I would want to if I were in your shoes. I think the doctor’s plan is solid and I can’t wait to follow along in the coming years!

Congrats on your success so far! You’re an extremely valuable member of the community and deserve the best!

Thanks you sir very kind of you when I had my meeting with him I definitely praised the design of the hairline the density was the only caveat but I’m confident the next 2 operations will address it for good! 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I’m happy to see the doctor standing by his work. I’m really rooting for you. You deserve an excellent result 🙏

Yes it shows me he’s a high character individual and is humble enough to see his work objectively and fix it if needed thanks Melvin! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

How many months post-op from the repair?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 2:07 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

How many months post-op from the repair?

Hi Melvin I Haven’t gotten repaired yet should be sometime later this year in no rush the repair would be over 2 surgeries although I will push for one I’m thinking 1000 grafts would solve it maybe less

• Like 1

Burning (even minimal and not continuous) and redness of the scalp, thinning of the eyebrows, and also vertical streaks of the fingernails, these are some of the symptoms of LPP.

For me, the without fibers pic looks really good.

Walking down the street, I wouldn't be able to tell you had a procedure.  I'm consulting places to repair a hairline that's too thick and strong right now.  I want a transition zone similar to what you have.

Posted (edited)

Interesting...  

I had a repair job with Dr Mwamba in Feb of 2022,  and the final result,  my hairline just didn't have the density, like yours.  Dr Mwamba acknowledged this, stood by his work, and offered 800 grafts to add more density on the hairline.  I thought that showed integrity on his part. 

The only thing was that the first surgery was 45 minutes from where I live in NJ,   whereas for the 2nd surgery I had to fly out to Brussels. 

I had my 2nd HT with Dr Mwamba early March this year,  and since I was already going there,  I opted for more density on the mid section too.   I ended up getting like 2300 grafts..  With 800 being on the house.   

Edited by Etownone
  • Like 1