1935 graft FUE hair transplant NW2 Dr mwamba Brussels

Day 1 post op:morning after procedure)

sleep very well using neck pillow and the pads provided by the clinic but will def do what @Melvin- Moderator suggests in his yt vid and buy pads from Amazon from when I get back home just to be extra cautious with the donor for the next couple weeks, no pain at all in the donor have been spraying both the hairline and donor with saline spray everytime I can today I’m going in for a hair wash by the team here are pics of the donor and hairline after getting up this morning no swelling at all so recovery is going very very well so far 👌 

50A29E92-3F5D-4F30-BB67-8AABAC2DF571.jpeg

F9ADEA67-45B9-4BEA-92A3-B35470ADDFCB.jpeg

3C54E19D-48A8-47B5-86AD-EA7F376F4231.jpeg

98B4CD64-ABAA-40B6-8A73-A870E55FD469.jpeg

Edited by Dillpickle123

• Dillpickle123 changed the title to 1935 graft FUE hair transplant NW2 Dr mwamba Brussels

Day 2: Post op

everything is going smoothly donor feels tender grafts are a bit itchy but using salt spray as often as I can relives it the work is clean and tidy I can easily hide the recipient area swelling was never an issue since I’m a 3 min walk from the clinic I’m taking advantage of having them wash my hair and using the laser cap massage chair twice a day extremely comfortable and it’s complementary here are pics of the donor and recipient day 2 post op 

D0C373F7-5BD2-4E0D-B74D-9D9745AE8F47.jpeg

D19CB2D0-72BC-4FA1-9F24-902C42068F1A.jpeg

48E7EF2E-DEAC-403F-835F-9B348AC314BF.jpeg

156B68B2-E661-49C8-A2C9-758057F1FA6C.jpeg

D63BE528-E956-4C43-BA91-5BA58B497C62.jpeg

Edited by Dillpickle123
  • Like 1

I'm still very baffled that each day was 12+ hours for less than 1,000 grafts each day, but it's not my place to figure out his method to the madness. Lol. If the end result is great, I suppose that's all that matters. ;) I mean, it's nice that he wants to take his time and all, buuuut geez. Zero chance I'd be okay with that personally as I would completely lose my mind - but that's why there's no one size fits all surgeon out there for all of us.

Glad you made it to the other side, and looking forward to seeing your progress!

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

46 minutes ago, pkipling said:

I'm still very baffled that each day was 12+ hours for less than 1,000 grafts each day, but it's not my place to figure out his method to the madness. Lol. If the end result is great, I suppose that's all that matters. ;) I mean, it's nice that he wants to take his time and all, buuuut geez. Zero chance I'd be okay with that personally as I would completely lose my mind - but that's why there's no one size fits all surgeon out there for all of us.

Glad you made it to the other side, and looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks, it wasn’t too bad for me personally but I see what u mean to be fair the first half of the first surgery day was more planning based but still avg about 10 hr in the chair per day lots of tv watching, taking naps made it go quite quicker 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 8:22 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

First morning after yesterday the (2nd day) was an extremely long when went in at 9am finished at midnight dr Ali and dr mwamba worked late into the night even

after dr mwamba was in his office doing consults 😂 final number is 1935 grafts after lowering hairline 1mm further the the corners hair greed got to me I joked to him and said I wanted a hairline as good as his (nw 0). in one day Dr mwamba did all slits and all of the hairline and temple implantation and is truly a perfectionist making more slits if needed and extracting again, I did PRP at the end as well

during the consult it was found that I had telogen effluvium in the donor which sucked because if not my donor area should’ve been 95-100 grafts density so they had to choose what to extract it interestingly only in the donor area seemed affected not the upper scalp, the nape area wasn’t affected as much he said it might have to with vitiligo which is auto immune inflammation or stress related so that’s maybe why it took longer as they had to be selective with grafts taken hence the 12 hour day on day 1 and the 15 hour day on day 2

ECF70378-7970-4D4A-BDC4-4A9BA5459EB3.jpeg

0FDC1FFF-7DD4-4425-B04A-B401F3CC1CE5.jpeg

image.jpg

How old are you now? Was this manual or motorized Fue? what was the density per cm2?

Edited by Mike10

Congratulations on the procedure and looks like Dr Mwamba gave a bunch of time, care and attention to getting you the best outcome possible. The extractions look clean and the work solid. 

I'm actually shocked about the level of density you got told could be done. What punch size did Dr Mwamba use? I was told by Eugenix they had to use 0.9mm, but recently watching a video, it said that they should switch around the punch size depending on whether its a single, double, triple graft etc. as they could go smaller on the singles but i never remember them saying if they did that. It ended up around 1280 grafts for the frontal hairline on my side, but my Dr eyeballed the density. They never really had a tool to measure the actual density per CM/2. So that's one area i do like to get data of patients because it really helps break things down. 

I know you mentioned a price of shaven as $3, is that the USD price they offered you before they closed that office and is that shaved for the donor and recipient zone or just donor? 

Happy healing OP and enjoy the day rest of your time in Brussels! 

Post op: day 4

Feel good this morning seems like everything is healing very well I believe the transplant is pretty easy to hide besides the sides being shaved since I booked myself to be there a while I’m still going to his office for a shampoo by his team and use the laser cap massage chair there as well, to answer some of the questions above I got motorized punch at 0.9mm, donor and scalp density was measured with a proscope tool and that’s where density right behind the recession was found to be about 76 grafts per sq cm, and he said we were gonna do 65 grafts per sq cm in the temples here are pics from today 

97D1BE5C-2887-4ABC-9DF2-65B7EE2E13A2.jpeg

48732C11-523A-483A-B15F-543F1A142581.jpeg

AD37689F-3C95-4DD7-9EC9-785FF3B9AF47.jpeg

742C8B17-F97D-4AAA-A7D2-6515928DF7FB.jpeg

image.jpg

56 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Congratulations on the procedure and looks like Dr Mwamba gave a bunch of time, care and attention to getting you the best outcome possible. The extractions look clean and the work solid. 

I'm actually shocked about the level of density you got told could be done. What punch size did Dr Mwamba use? I was told by Eugenix they had to use 0.9mm, but recently watching a video, it said that they should switch around the punch size depending on whether its a single, double, triple graft etc. as they could go smaller on the singles but i never remember them saying if they did that. It ended up around 1280 grafts for the frontal hairline on my side, but my Dr eyeballed the density. They never really had a tool to measure the actual density per CM/2. So that's one area i do like to get data of patients because it really helps break things down. 

I know you mentioned a price of shaven as $3, is that the USD price they offered you before they closed that office and is that shaved for the donor and recipient zone or just donor? 

Thank you! The prices I paid were the Brussels prices it would’ve cost me quite a bit more for US prices, it is 3 euros completely shaven and 4 euros where they just shave the donor they don’t touch the top at all I went with this option because my hairloss isn’t extensive and I should look pretty normal i a week or so it’ll hide the ugly duckling stage well too, what density do you think you got in the hairline? 

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

I remember reading your thread your results is gonna look good we went for a Similar hairline design too 

3 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Thank you! The prices I paid were the Brussels prices it would’ve cost me quite a bit more for US prices, it is 3 euros completely shaven and 4 euros where they just shave the donor they don’t touch the top at all I went with this option because my hairloss isn’t extensive and I should look pretty normal i a week or so it’ll hide the ugly duckling stage well too, what density do you think you got in the hairline? 

I honestly do not know, it was never mentioned with a specific number but i did ask Dr Das to try and dense pack a bit more into the areas than the usual 35-40 Eugenix tend to quote. Because they used a bigger punch size of 0.9mm from what i was told, i think that could affect how densely packed they would go and i'm still waiting for things for the next 6 months but the density seems a little lighter depending on the lighting i'm under. So i'm going to try capture that for my 6 months update soon. 

3 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I remember reading your thread your results is gonna look good we went for a Similar hairline design too 

I think the result at the 12-18 month mark should fingers crossed look solid. I just think again back to when i was going to get it done and people say about how a first HT is about establishing things and usually a smaller second pass is needed for refinement and density. So that's probably what i'm getting a sense of but i won't make a final judgement. 

The most important thing in the early stages is to trust the process, stay the course and be prepared for the psychological battle in the first 4 months as you go through the Ugly Duckling phase and naturally get doubts about growth too when you look in the mirror etc. 

At 5-6 months, things should be looking on the upward trend and you could hopefully feel more confident but from personal experience, i also like to stay cautious and manage expectations. I definitely think the framing to my face with the new hairline is night/day and some people have commented i look younger than my age now to them who actually never saw me before my HT, so it gives me confidence that the framing has definitely worked. Temple points apparently take longer because they use thinner  slower growing hair that's slightly less pigmented so i'm a few months behind the frontal hairline, but since you only got a smaller top up whereas mine was a full rebuild, yours should blend better a lot earlier. 

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

I honestly do not know, it was never mentioned with a specific number but i did ask Dr Das to try and dense pack a bit more into the areas than the usual 35-40 Eugenix tend to quote. Because they used a bigger punch size of 0.9mm from what i was told, i think that could affect how densely packed they would go and i'm still waiting for things for the next 6 months but the density seems a little lighter depending on the lighting i'm under. So i'm going to try capture that for my 6 months update soon. 

I think the result at the 12-18 month mark should fingers crossed look solid. I just think again back to when i was going to get it done and people say about how a first HT is about establishing things and usually a smaller second pass is needed for refinement and density. So that's probably what i'm getting a sense of but i won't make a final judgement. 

The most important thing in the early stages is to trust the process, stay the course and be prepared for the psychological battle in the first 4 months as you go through the Ugly Duckling phase and naturally get doubts about growth too when you look in the mirror etc. 

At 5-6 months, things should be looking on the upward trend and you could hopefully feel more confident but from personal experience, i also like to stay cautious and manage expectations. I definitely think the framing to my face with the new hairline is night/day and some people have commented i look younger than my age now to them who actually never saw me before my HT, so it gives me confidence that the framing has definitely worked. Temple points apparently take longer because they use thinner  slower growing hair that's slightly less pigmented so i'm a few months behind the frontal hairline, but since you only got a smaller top up whereas mine was a full rebuild, yours should blend better a lot earlier. 

I fully agree!, and yes today me and dr mwamba went over the density with a proscope and found it to be anywhere between 60-70 grafts per sq cm along the hairline gradually lessening to 45 at the point of connection to the native hair, I’ve been on this forum long enough to expect that one pass won’t do it but it will at least get the shape I want I do t have a problem going for a touch up if necessary, there’s no major miniaturing grafts on my scalp there’s a few he told me to start using rogaine again to revive some of the follicles that look like they are thinning luckily there aren’t any that have fallen out he had a funny way of describing how it work because as he described it in an interesting contextual  way, he said “think of finasteride is like a medicine keeping u alive, but u will not get stronger more muscles if u don’t u a medicine like minoxidil” 😂 I understood 

anyways I’m hoping for a great result and hopefully a not too bad ugly duckling phase but as a nw 2 it shouldn’t be too bad unless native shock loss occurs but I’m on fin and the hairs around looked very strong 

As for the punch he used 0.9 punch but as u stated perhaps my dr switched punch for the singles, I can already tell this is miles different then a hairmill the hairline and temple points are all singles in the perfect direction I cannot wait for this to start growing in!! 

3 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I fully agree!, and yes today me and dr mwamba went over the density with a proscope and found it to be anywhere between 60-70 grafts per sq cm along the hairline gradually lessening to 45 at the point of connection to the native hair, I’ve been on this forum long enough to expect that one pass won’t do it but it will at least get the shape I want I do t have a problem going for a touch up if necessary, there’s no major miniaturing grafts on my scalp there’s a few he told me to start using rogaine again to revive some of the follicles that look like they are thinning luckily there aren’t any that have fallen out he had a funny way of describing how it work because as he described it in an interesting contextual  way, he said “think of finasteride is like a medicine keeping u alive, but u will not get stronger more muscles if u don’t u a medicine like minoxidil” 😂 I understood 

anyways I’m hoping for a great result and hopefully a not too bad ugly duckling phase but as a nw 2 it shouldn’t be too bad unless native shock loss occurs but I’m on fin and the hairs around looked very strong 

Honestly, some people just have a certain way of explaining lol. Yeah, i think starting as a Norwood 2, hopefully the Dr nailed the right balance for a first pass. I'm only at 6 months so unfair to judge a final result yet but i generally under most lighting find it looks from a metre or more very natural and dense looking enough to most people. I don't use hair fibres, but i can easily see how they could assist me if needed. 

4 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

As for the punch he used 0.9 punch but as u stated perhaps my dr switched punch for the singles, I can already tell this is miles different then a hairmill the hairline and temple points are all singles in the perfect direction I cannot wait for this to start growing in!! 

Yeah, the care and attention he's shown you is definitely miles above and beyond a hair mill. I suppose on one hand, for the price it's also something you expect to receive. The hair mills though lure people in with flashy bait of cars and hotels looking 5*. I would rather the money on a doctor and tech team paying 5* attention to my hair lol. 

I do think you'll have a solid result. Just hunker down for the long haul bud, update us with monthly progress pictures and be candid about your experiences. It helps people genuinely get a better idea of how it could feel with them too. 

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Honestly, some people just have a certain way of explaining lol. Yeah, i think starting as a Norwood 2, hopefully the Dr nailed the right balance for a first pass. I'm only at 6 months so unfair to judge a final result yet but i generally under most lighting find it looks from a metre or more very natural and dense looking enough to most people. I don't use hair fibres, but i can easily see how they could assist me if needed. 

Yeah, the care and attention he's shown you is definitely miles above and beyond a hair mill. I suppose on one hand, for the price it's also something you expect to receive. The hair mills though lure people in with flashy bait of cars and hotels looking 5*. I would rather the money on a doctor and tech team paying 5* attention to my hair lol. 

I do think you'll have a solid result. Just hunker down for the long haul bud, update us with monthly progress pictures and be candid about your experiences. It helps people genuinely get a better idea of how it could feel with them too. 

Thanks, patience is key and I will try to update as much as I can as there’s not many mwamba reviews on a NW2 that I can think of so it’ll be interesting 

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Curious to know why the extracted grafts from areas so high up on the sides of your heads. Mwabma is the expert not me so I'm sure it's well thought out, but just seems like they went a bit outside the safe zone by going so high? 

That’s a good observation, we did a scalp analysis and found no serious hair loss that would warrant me ever losing my lateral humps, also he was always using loupes magnifying  when extracting and with that he can tell what grafts are good to take and which aren’t I think that area would only be risky imo if one is to become a nw 7 which is why fin and minoxidil is key 

Edited by Dillpickle123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

That’s a good observation, we did a scalp analysis and found no serious hair loss that would warrant me ever losing my lateral humps, also he was always using loupes magnifying  when extracting and with that he can tell what grafts are good to take and which aren’t I think that area would only be risky imo if one is to become a nw 7 which is why fin and minoxidil is key 

Makes sense. How old are you?