Botched Hairtransplantion by HLC clinic in Ancara

A friend and I scheduled a surgery with them months ago, I’m now having second thoughts after seeing your photos. It’s my first surgery in Turkey, I had a previous surgery from a world renowned surgeon. After doing a lot of research, I came across HLC and they didn’t seem like the other hair mills in Turkey. They’re also far more expensive, although still not as expensive as my last transplant. 

Would really help if you had a photos before your surgeries to go off of. It looks bad, but I don’t want to point fingers without knowing what your situation was before they did the surgery. Would really appreciate if you could post some photos from before the surgeries, it would help me make the decision on if I should go to them. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Can you provide photos in the sequence of:

pre-op 1st surgery

12 month result 1st surgery 

Pre-op photo second surgery. It looks like we now have graft placement of the second surgery, and current photos am I correct?

Yes, this is the graft placement after the second surgery, my donor area on the back after the second surgery and current photos. This is a picture of my donor area at the left side 6 weeks after my first operation.

IMG-e8c7c18342c3f5e4a7e37674826b7caf-V_(1).jpg

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Can you provide photos in the sequence of:

pre-op 1st surgery

12 month result 1st surgery 

Pre-op photo second surgery. It looks like we now have graft placement of the second surgery, and current photos am I correct?

This is a foto of my donor area at the right side about 6 weeks after the first operation.

IMG-31fc0b5cf23f68a7ea7cb58f9989dc8e-V_(1).jpg

59 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

So, in the last 2 photos you can see my current state. As i have said i have shaved my head off to try to make it look natural, but it just look awful. Even with shaven head you can see the depleted donor area. The 2 photos of the front of my head took the "Doctor" at the end of the Operation to show me where they placed the grafts. The photos form the back of my head is taken from me at the hotel. This is all after the first surgery. when you think i expect to gein something from this you don"t know what you are saying. What this people took from me, i know now that i can get it back. Financially you cannot imagine how much i have lost and i know preety well that from this kind of people you don"t get nothing back. Omega5 i think i know preety well now why you are not beeing that polite too.

20220121_100338.jpg

20220120_184102.jpg

20220120_184059.jpg

20220121_100259.jpg

20220725_232555.jpg

20220725_232533.jpg

First and foremost thank you for sharing your story and being able to express your emotional and psychological story. I think the next steps at this point is trying to take a step back and find out what others in your position have done. Fortunately you have this forum so ... I would say ask around and see what the Mod - melvin would recommend, some others like rtc, gatsby, and many others would say. They have been in your position in some way or another or have been here long enough to tell you its never over.

nonetheless, i hope you the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

HLC butchered my hairline too. I went there last year august 2021. As you can see I have patches on my hairline. I know I should create my own thread for this but here you go. HLC is another hair mill. After doing my operation, they told me I have maybe Dupa 

36E6E096-90DF-4CEF-B7D6-1FF87441E3EB.png

B0E99390-E2D2-4D72-A218-BBD64799E8E5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, BirdsEyez said:

HLC butchered my hairline too. I went there last year august 2021. As you can see I have patches on my hairline. I know I should create my own thread for this but here you go. HLC is another hair mill. After doing my operation, they told me I have maybe Dupa 

Ahhhh sh*t

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BirdsEyez said:

wow. Can you make a own thread about this?

Just now, RTC said:

Ahhhh sh*t

Yea, I have pictures from clinic from before and after. I can prove it, also I messaged the clinic today to ask for a partial refund. Which I doubt I am getting anyway. I know my results aren’t as good but however I spent good money. Expected better results with grafts used 

9 minutes ago, BirdsEyez said:

How is ur donor 

2 minutes ago, RTC said:

How is ur donor 

Donor isn’t that bad bro. However with long hair it looks ok, but the density is not there with long hair in front , even though I was fully bald there, also with short hair it’s like the pictures you seen. I took it today as well. 

12 minutes ago, BirdsEyez said:

Sorry to hear  that man and i am feeling sorry about your results. If it makes you feel any better i wish i was in your Situation right now. I have spoken to another guy from Canada who was with me for the second surgery. He has gotten some bad results too.

5 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

Sorry to hear  that man and i am feeling sorry about your results. If it makes you feel any better i wish i was in your Situation right now. I have spoken to another guy from Canada who was with me for the second surgery. He has gotten some bad results too.

Yeah some guy from Germany who was with me is on the edge with his results but he isn’t complaining so yeah. Depends what your expectations are. I clearly had grafts implanted there but they didn’t grow. I’m sorry to hear about your case my friend 

8 minutes ago, BirdsEyez said:

Yeah some guy from Germany who was with me is on the edge with his results but he isn’t complaining so yeah. Depends what your expectations are. I clearly had grafts implanted there but they didn’t grow. I’m sorry to hear about your case my friend 

Thanks man, i appreciate it. I hope it all works out for you as you want.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BirdsEyez said:

Please create your own thread with the details. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I don't think it's possible to recommend HLC in good faith after seeing these two cases and the post-op treatment (or lack of). At this point, I think Bicer is possibly the only doctor worth seeing in Turkey. 

• Like 6

It’s really weird to say the least.

Previous work done with FUT and fue 1k grafts which isn’t a small number. 

He doesn’t have any clear pre-op photos so we can judge what the results were of those fut/fue work

Wet hair photos to make the transplanted hairs look bad. If I show you my wet hair pictures from 15 years ago you would think I was a baldie yet I had super density and youthful look. Expecting transplanted hairs to do better than natural density is absurd. 

Terrible lighting and bad angles

From what I’ve read here reading people’s experiences, no matter how good the transplant is, you can’t have small haircut of the donor area anymore and have to keep hair short. 

I hope I am wrong but it just feels like extremely high expectations. I literally saw a thread yesterday where some guy was complaining about two hairs in his hairline calling it botched job and to me I couldn’t even tell what was wrong with his hair transplant but he said he had dark thoughts about it so clearly BDD is very high.

It doesn’t even look that bad to me, small hairs, I don’t see moth eaten look and it seems like shock loss. 

Like I said very weird thread. I had LG phones by the way, LG G3 and LG G4 and they took better photos than what you’re posting and we are talking in 2022 right now, that was 2015. 

Very weird thread

If you want to help people, post clear photos like Melvin asked documenting your journey. Proof of bad communication from HLC. 

I mean seriously dude, we live in 2022 not the dark ages where this sort of documentation is hard to post. 

Edited by LookMaxx
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, RTC said:

Every photo is upside down or 30x30 pixels lol. You need to show more if you want to give your account of things more credibility.

Seriously, OP can afford HLC twice but has a potato for a phone and doesn’t know how to email himself photos and use MS Paint.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I'm all for supporting the patient here, but this is clearly a one-sided story with (let's face it) very poor photos. And with love and respect, I'm reading an element of depression too. There are people here with an axe to grind with HLC, and that's fine. Calling them a hair mill is ridiculous but the bandwagon is in motion. 

EvansLawrence keeps coming up as a botched job and he wanted something like 80% refund or something absurd like that. He had an area not grow in very dense, sure. But this is what he looks like now.

Screenshot-2022-07-26-083901.jpg.64289260240228d765312b39cf9461bf.jpg

I'm the first defend HLC because I went there and had a very different experience. This is why you should do your own research. 

Again, I sympathize but to call them a scam or hair mill or "not doctors" is extreme and, in my opinion, should be backed up with proper before/after photos from both procedures.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RTC said:

I do agree that it's kind of unbelievable Michael Hofman doesn't have basic photos.

Every photo is upside down or 30x30 pixels lol. You need to show more if you want to give your account of things more credibility.

At this point well find a cure for hair loss quicker than we can get photos lol

• Haha 4

Just now, MachoVato said:

I'm all for supporting the patient here, but this is clearly a one-sided story with (let's face it) very poor photos. And with love and respect, I'm reading an element of depression too. There are people here with an axe to grind with HLC, and that's fine. Calling them a hair mill is ridiculous but the bandwagon is in motion. 

EvansLawrence keeps coming up as a botched job and he wanted something like 80% refund or something absurd like that. He had an area not grow in very dense, sure. But this is what he looks like now.

I'm the first defend HLC because I went there and had a very different experience. This is why you should do your own research. 

Again, I sympathize but to call them a scam or hair mill or "not doctors" is extreme and, in my opinion, should be backed up with proper before/after photos from both procedures.

Yeh this guy was went over the top , his result was  really good except that part. 

32 minutes ago, TrustTheProcess said:

Seriously, OP can afford HLC twice but has a potato for a phone and doesn’t know how to email himself photos and use MS Paint.

First you are crying and defending HLC and then you are trying to roast OP? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

First of all i would like to say that i have texted the coordinator of the clinic and said to him that i wanted to here their opinion and the opinion of the doctors before i publish my story and the photos that i have. I did not get any answer either. Secondly i have said many times before that they did not send me any photos, i have emailed the clinic today and asked them to send me these photos. If they are professionals as you say they will do that and i will post them immidiately. As for Deppression after spending so much money to get this result would you be happy about it? I am not talking about poor growth here, i am talking about having people staring at your head like your are weird the whole time. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

First of all i would like to say that i have texted the coordinator of the clinic and said to him that i wanted to here their opinion and the opinion of the doctors before i publish my story and the photos that i have. I did not get any answer either. Secondly i have said many times before that they did not send me any photos, i have emailed the clinic today and asked them to send me these photos. If they are professionals as you say they will do that and i will post them immidiately. As for Deppression after spending so much money to get this result would you be happy about it? I am not talking about poor growth here, i am talking about having people staring at your head like your are weird the whole time. 

Let me say that I am on YOUR side, not theirs. You have every reason to feel bad when a transplant doesn't work out. All I am saying is that this story is not simple. You have a scalp condition, which bothers me the most... why did they operate on you, did you tell them your dermatologist said it was ok? 

Your post-op treatment sounds bad. There is no excuse, but you should continue to email/whatsapp them until you get your photos. That is part of the service.

I don't have a relationship with HLC, even though I have been accused of it. Cengiz worked on me and I had no issues. Yes, they are professionals but no they are not perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect clinic. You deserve better treatment.

Here is my recommendation. Continue to request the photos from both transplants. When you have them, share them so it is clear the timeline. And yes, please take better selfies. You can send the large photos to Melvin or me, we would be happy to remove your face. I am very good in Photoshop.

A final message. Please find a way to reduce your depression. Sadly, stress will only make your hair worse.  Talk to someone. Go to the gym. Walk in the park and get fresh air. You have many reasons to not be unhappy.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Let me say that I am on YOUR side, not theirs. You have every reason to feel bad when a transplant doesn't work out. All I am saying is that this story is not simple. You have a scalp condition, which bothers me the most... why did they operate on you, did you tell them your dermatologist said it was ok? 

Your post-op treatment sounds bad. There is no excuse, but you should continue to email/whatsapp them until you get your photos. That is part of the service.

I don't have a relationship with HLC, even though I have been accused of it. Cengiz worked on me and I had no issues. Yes, they are professionals but no they are not perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect clinic. You deserve better treatment.

Here is my recommendation. Continue to request the photos from both transplants. When you have them, share them so it is clear the timeline. And yes, please take better selfies. You can send the large photos to Melvin or me, we would be happy to remove your face. I am very good in Photoshop.

A final message. Please find a way to reduce your depression. Sadly, stress will only make your hair worse.  Talk to someone. Go to the gym. Walk in the park and get fresh air. You have many reasons to not be unhappy.

For the scalp condition the Ozgur asked me by consulting what it was and i told him that i have ekzem. Dermatitis. Thas is all about, he did not asked what the Dermatologist said, did not said to me anything about risk faktors. 

As i said to you before i have already asked them to said me this photos, if they are ethical and professionals they will do that. And i will post this photos immidiately. As for Depression, i don"t feel depressiv, i feel scr...d and embarassed.