Botched Hairtransplantion by HLC clinic in Ancara

Guys,

I have talked with Michael privately.
He has provided what I consider to be more than sufficient evidence to certify his sincerity and accuracy of his report. To me, there is no more doubt that what he reported is fair, true and sincere. 

Michael's result, current donor area situation as well as the unethical treatment he has received post operatively are all extremely alarming.

The problem goes way beyond the issue of poor growth that we all know is a sad reality of this industry that happens to any other clinic in the world on a regular basis.

The first point I want to raise is that Michael was operated by HLC while he was not even a candidate for hair transplantation to begin with. This is not the first report I hear of this clinic operating on someone who is experiencing an ongoing scalp condition. A patient who was with forum member EvansLawrence had the exact same experience. My understanding of this is that such practice is very unethical and its only aim is profit despite doctors being well aware of the potential risk of poor outcome. In addition to that, it must be stressed that this was repeated twice.

Secondly, Michael's donor area was permanently overharvested. There is still a small possibility that this is temporary shockloss but let's be honest and real here: this does not look good for 6 months... Overharvesting of the limited lifetime donor supply at the back of the head is the worst thing that can happen to a balding man. It means that you may never have enough donor supply to repair the balding areas on the recipient and the moth-eaten patches in the donor area will never regenerate. I would describe this situation as severe psychological damage and physical disfigurement as a result of medical malpractice.

Lastly and most importantly, I have no words to describe the treatment he has receveid from the clinic after his 2nd operation. This is by far the biggest problem in my opinion. We all know that bad cases happen in every clinic. A real ethical clinic should care about their patients and offer solutions. Every surgeon messes up sometimes, every clinic has poor results and bad donor sometimes due to factors they do not have control over like "X factor". But the real doctor ALWAYS STANDS BY HIS WORK no matter what. 

Instead of admitting their fault, apologizing and standing by their work by offering a solution, the clinic is constantly putting the blame on the patient, manipulating him, and playing him like a fool for 2 years.

Seriously is this how a  clinic is supposed to handle such a situation where a desperate patient in seek of help who got a bad result and what seems to be a severly damaged donor is trying to contact them ?...

Therefore, my understanding of this whole situation is that this particular clinic that is promoted by famous hair transplant sources such as german hairloss consultant Andreas Kramer, youtuber Matt Dominance, Alopezie.de and Belicapelli forums is dangerous in addition to being unprofessional and unethical.

Edited by THE TRUTH
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

The photos that i have uploaded are from 10 days ago. There is not any big difference. Halo?

The photos on the first page ? We can’t see the result in the recipient area with these photos. Hairline from the front is not shown at all. Plus these photos are not good I would say. Also you have done 2 procedures like u said but we can’t see any pre or post op photos from none of these procedures. So how can we judge what happened ? We need all these photos to see. A Normal presentation of a hair transplant needs pre op and post op photos and clear photos of current situation so people can understand your progress compared to before. Ur thread miss all these important pictures. 

Edited by Gramatik

6 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

The photos on the first page ? We can’t see the result in the recipient area with these photos. Hairline from the front is not shown at all. Plus these photos are not good I would say. Also you have done 2 procedures like u said but we can’t see any pre or post op photos from none of these procedures. So how can we judge what happened ? We need all these photos to see. 

12 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

The photos on the first page ? We can’t see the result in the recipient area with these photos. Hairline from the front is not shown at all. Plus these photos are not good I would say. Also you have done 2 procedures like u said but we can’t see any pre or post op photos from none of these procedures. So how can we judge what happened ? We need all these photos to see. 

I will post new photos and as soon as i get the photos from the clinic i will post them too. I have already told about this. But man, why do you need a good hairline when the back and the sides of your head are destroyed? Don"t you see what they did to my head? It was supposed to be a surgery to make me look better, not like a seek guy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

i get the photos from the clinic

At this point, I have doubts that they will send you the photos, after they know about this thread (because they have already read it, they have eyes all over the place, I'm sure), but I hope I'm wrong and that you will have your photos .

24 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

I will post new photos and as soon as i get the photos from the clinic i will post them too. I have already told about this. But man, why do you need a good hairline when the back and the sides of your head are destroyed? Don"t you see what they did to my head? It was supposed to be a surgery to make me look better, not like a seek guy.

Usually all of the patient’s threads from HLC have pre op and post photos. You did two procedures with them but you don’t have these photos from any of these procedures. It’s a little bit weird to me..
your donor doesn’t look good on the photos you uploaded but we also need pre op and post photos from the 2 procedures to judge better. 

every presentation on this forum has before and after photos so the community can understand the progress of the patient and what happened to his case.

Your thread miss all of these photos, so it difficult to understand what happened with ur case. If you check other patients threads you can see the difference.  

Edited by Gramatik

2 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

Other patients threads from hlc have pre op and post photos. You did two procedures with them but you don’t have these photos from any of these procedures. It’s a little bit weird to me. 
your donor doesn’t look on the photos you uploaded but we also need pre op and post photos from the 2 procedures to judge better. 
every presentation is n this forum has before and after photos so the community can understand the progress and what happened. Your thread miss all of these photos, so it difficult to understand what happened with ur case. If you check other patients threads you can see the difference. 

I have answered to all of this questions before. I uploaded photos from my donor area from the back of my head and the sides. I have posted a photo of my onor area after the first surgery. As i told before they did not send any photos to me and i did not asked them to, i never thought this could be necessary or that something like this could happen. Why is this weird this for you? 

7 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

Other patients threads from hlc have pre op and post photos. You did two procedures with them but you don’t have these photos from any of these procedures. It’s a little bit weird to me. 
your donor doesn’t look on the photos you uploaded but we also need pre op and post photos from the 2 procedures to judge better. 
every presentation is n this forum has before and after photos so the community can understand the progress and what happened. Your thread miss all of these photos, so it difficult to understand what happened with ur case. If you check other patients threads you can see the difference. 

When you see my head at the donor area like this, you don"t understand what happened?

8 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

I have answered to all of this questions before. I uploaded photos from my donor area from the back of my head and the sides. I have posted a photo of my onor area after the first surgery. As i told before they did not send any photos to me and i did not asked them to, i never thought this could be necessary or that something like this could happen. Why is this weird this for you? 

The photo of your donor u posted after the first surgery is too small that we can not even see it. Usually members of community who want to make a thread ask the photos from clinic or have at least clear pre op and post photos from every procedure to show. U don’t have anything of these. So that’s why it is weird that any other patient from HLC have the photos except of you. 

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I believe it’s important to have the facts. What some users are saying is sensationalist drivel. I would also like to remind the community the  person saying this had a handle called “soon butchered by HLC.” Not necessarily the most objective person. 

I want this community to be fair, open and transparent. That’s why I believe it’s important to present pre-op photos. Before the first surgery, then the result after 12 months. Pre-op photos before the second surgery, including graft placement. 

We need the full picture, was the second surgery planned? Was it a touch-up from a failed procedure? Before we start a virtual lynch mob, let’s gather the facts first. 

Again, Michael, I have no communication with this clinic. I don’t vouch for them good or bad. But I would appreciate if you could provide us with some more information. Like the pictures requested and a back story. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe it’s important to have the facts. What some users are saying is sensationalist drivel. I would also like to remind the community the  person saying this had a handle called “soon butchered by HLC.” Not necessarily the most objective person. 

I want this community to be fair, open and transparent. That’s why I believe it’s important to present pre-op photos. Before the first surgery, then the result after 12 months. Pre-op photos before the second surgery, including graft placement. 

We need the full picture, was the second surgery planned? Was it a touch-up from a failed procedure? Before we start a virtual lynch mob, let’s gather the facts first. 

I am sorry but i have already told that the second surgery was planned. I have already explained everything about those pictures. I don"t understand, that do you mean by saying that i had a handle called "soon butchered by hlc"?

• Administrators
Just now, michael hofmann said:

I am sorry but i have already told that the second surgery was planned. I have already explained everything about those pictures. I don"t understand, that do you mean by saying that i had a handle called "soon butchered by hlc"?

Not you, the user “THE TRUTH” his handle changes daily. He will soon change it again.  

So far I’ve only seen a few pictures of your donor. I haven’t seen any before and after of your first surgery, or graft placement photos. Are you able to provide these? Again, I think it’s good to provide a full picture of the events. 

Pre-op, one year, pre-op second surgery, graft placement, and 6 months. If you post it in this sequence that would be great. I don’t doubt your experience at all. We just want to get the full picture. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Between the graft breakouts did you take or have them take any photos of you immediately post/pre op on your phone? Any videos you may have taken where we are able to see your hair?

A lot of people are finding it hard to assess the "exact" issues. I know you said you do not have them, but its like telling people about gravity, you know its a concept you can understand but seeing an apple fall from a tree and knowing why it falls can be left to different interpretations.

You could also ask someone to take your photos to provide something more clear, the ones you have provided are already difficult to see and another photo is very small. Are you able to provide clearer photos by any chance or take a better photo outside in the sunlight?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

1 hour ago, THE TRUTH said:

There is absolutely no more doubt as to what category HLC belongs to....HAIRMILL

Did you honestly label a clinic that performs extractions and implantations by only medical doctors, with 4 max surgeries per day (4 doctors), a hair mill?

• Like 1

Just now, TrustTheProcess said:

Did you honestly label a clinic that performs extractions and implantations by only medical doctors, with 4 max surgeries per day (4 doctors), a hair mill?

Believe it or not, I actually used to believe (like most people) that they are the best in Turkey  and was seriously considering them for myself at some point. But after finding out about some issues I changed my mind. 

How would you label it  after seeing Michael's case ? 

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Not you, the user “THE TRUTH” his handle changes daily. He will soon change it again.  

So far I’ve only seen a few pictures of your donor. I haven’t seen any before and after of your first surgery, or graft placement photos. Are you able to provide these? Again, I think it’s good to provide a full picture of the events. 

Pre-op, one year, pre-op second surgery, graft placement, and 6 months. If you post it in this sequence that would be great. I don’t doubt your experience at all. We just want to get the full picture. 

I will try to get this pictures. As i said, i have never thought that i needed those pictures before. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vann said:

Between the graft breakouts did you take or have them take any photos of you immediately post/pre op on your phone? Any videos you may have taken where we are able to see your hair?

A lot of people are finding it hard to assess the "exact" issues. I know you said you do not have them, but its like telling people about gravity, you know its a concept you can understand but seeing an apple fall from a tree and knowing why it falls can be left to different interpretations.

You could also ask someone to take your photos to provide something more clear, the ones you have provided are already difficult to see and another photo is very small. Are you able to provide clearer photos by any chance or take a better photo outside in the sunlight?

I will try to post more photos.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I agree with Melvin. We need to see pre op, post op photos of donor extractions and recipient areas, graft placement and 6-12 months progress from both of the 2 procedures so the community can get the full picture. 

Dude, if you really expect us to believe and question the 20-year clinic, you need to upload photos. Unfortunately, your credibility is weakening in me. You spend 2 HT and you don't have any before and after HT photos. Apart from that, you can't upload photos of your normal life, you don't know how it's done!!!! you say.I think it's funny dude. I've never heard of a patient who didn't get a photo from hlc.I think things are developing like this; you are putting pressure on them by writing here so that you can make a profit, you kind of threaten them.You say you will post photos in a week and 10 days, you expect to get a response from them in that time, maybe if you get what you want, you won't even come here again. Otherwise, there is no explanation for such contradictory explanations. Other people here are being polite, but I don't like being made a fool. you somehow post photos as soon as possible or desperately wait for people to believe you

• Like 1

Also, someone above asked you to upload a photo showing your current state. Your answer is I just cut my hair, I'll wait for it to grow up a bit. My friend is constantly making excuses for not uploading photos. But you can't realize it's funny :) upload it dude if it looks bad, they will support your claims anyway. Also LG phones take photos. keep in mind you can

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, omega5 said:

Also, someone above asked you to upload a photo showing your current state. Your answer is I just cut my hair, I'll wait for it to grow up a bit. My friend is constantly making excuses for not uploading photos. But you can't realize it's funny :) upload it dude if it looks bad, they will support your claims anyway. Also LG phones take photos. keep in mind you can

So, in the last 2 photos you can see my current state. As i have said i have shaved my head off to try to make it look natural, but it just look awful. Even with shaven head you can see the depleted donor area. The 2 photos of the front of my head took the "Doctor" at the end of the Operation to show me where they placed the grafts. The photos form the back of my head is taken from me at the hotel. This is all after the first surgery. when you think i expect to gein something from this you don"t know what you are saying. What this people took from me, i know now that i can get it back. Financially you cannot imagine how much i have lost and i know preety well that from this kind of people you don"t get nothing back. Omega5 i think i know preety well now why you are not beeing that polite too.

20220121_100338.jpg

20220120_184102.jpg

20220120_184059.jpg

20220121_100259.jpg

20220725_232555.jpg

20220725_232533.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, omega5 said:

You say all patients from this clinic get their pictures. How do you know that? Have you met all patients from HLC?

21 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

So, in the last 2 photos you can see my current state. As i have said i have shaved my head off to try to make it look natural, but it just look awful. Even with shaven head you can see the depleted donor area. The 2 photos of the front of my head took the "Doctor" at the end of the Operation to show me where they placed the grafts. The photos form the back of my head is taken from me at the hotel. This is all after the first surgery. when you think i expect to gein something from this you don"t know what you are saying. What this people took from me, i know now that i can get it back. Financially you cannot imagine how much i have lost and i know preety well that from this kind of people you don"t get nothing back. Omega5 i think i know preety well now why you are not beeing that polite too.

20220121_100338.jpg

20220120_184102.jpg

20220120_184059.jpg

20220121_100259.jpg

20220725_232555.jpg

20220725_232533.jpg

Wow

• Sad 2

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

20220121_100338.jpg

20220120_184102.jpg

20220120_184059.jpg

20220121_100259.jpg

20220725_232555.jpg

20220725_232533.jpg

Can you provide photos in the sequence of:

pre-op 1st surgery

12 month result 1st surgery 

Pre-op photo second surgery. It looks like we now have graft placement of the second surgery, and current photos am I correct?

• Like 2

View my thread