Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

Right on track @NARMAK! Reminds me of where I was after my first procedure at the 5 month mark. My temple points were probably the last thing to thicken up at around the 1 year mark. My hairline continued to improve up until month 10. Looking so natural even this early bro!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

3 hours ago, MazAB said:

Right on track @NARMAK! Reminds me of where I was after my first procedure at the 5 month mark. My temple points were probably the last thing to thicken up at around the 1 year mark. My hairline continued to improve up until month 10. Looking so natural even this early bro!

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply and i definitely will take comfort in knowing that was your experience. I definitely think the temple points were the biggest reason i got the HT in the first place but even just catching myself in a reflection whilst out to a shop today, i thought the new hairline gives a great framing to the face too. 

Patience is definitely the name of the game with HTs and i have to be patient for 7+ months more. I definitely think that it has helped things when you are looking visually better in the mirror post-op even at 5 months, because i'm not having to completely hide away under a baseball cap. 

Looking forwards to seeing your results over the next stage of your journey. Things are looking great already. 

On 10/28/2022 at 9:42 PM, MazAB said:

How did you manage temple points when you were doing haircut? Did you cut temple hair?

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

For five months NARMAK your hitting home runs already. Looks great my friend!

Thanks Adrian. I'm definitely seeing it as a positive but also quietly hoping things will keep improving bit by bit over the next 7+ months. There's definitely some room left for the hair to still grow out, thicken and mature yet. 

Your own results are looking pretty good themselves and really chuffed for you. 

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks Adrian. I'm definitely seeing it as a positive but also quietly hoping things will keep improving bit by bit over the next 7+ months. There's definitely some room left for the hair to still grow out, thicken and mature yet. 

Your own results are looking pretty good themselves and really chuffed for you. 

I can promise you that your results will definitely continue to improve over the coming months. 👌

On 10/27/2022 at 9:01 PM, NARMAK said:

5 month-ish Update

Sorry for the delay, had a lot of things going on to deal with but wanted to give you all an update. I'm about just over 5 months post-op and generally i feel confident things are heading in the right direction. The hair appears to be getting thicker and darker in some areas whilst some new growth has come and added extra density. There's still definitely weak spots i hope will improve with some further hairs sprouting, getting thicker and darker but i have another 7+ months to go for that and i'm not even at the halfway point. 

I've included both wet hair pictures and also dry for a comparison. The lighting makes a difference two so i've included 2 wet hair pictures to demonstrate this but in general dim lit lighting, things on the frontal hairline seem to blend well. 

There's a couple areas on the temple points, both left and right where hair hasn't grown in and creating a slight gap there. Hopefully this is just a hair due to regrow or sprout, but when i pay attention, it's noticeable enough to me. 

IMG_20221027_161801.jpg

IMG_20221027_161902.jpg

IMG_20221027_161943.jpg

IMG_20221027_161954.jpg

IMG_20221027_162010.jpg

IMG_20221027_162131.jpg

IMG_20221027_162201.jpg

Wow Awesome improvement Narmak congratulations  .Looks really good 👏👏

BTW how did you manage to explain your barber to only cut the non transplanted hair as I guess you wouldn’t have told the barber to cut the transplanted hair length for symmetry with native hairs so that they grow first right ? Or else if you can elaborate on this ?

4 hours ago, Madhur Vansil said:

Wow Awesome improvement Narmak congratulations  .Looks really good 👏👏

BTW how did you manage to explain your barber to only cut the non transplanted hair as I guess you wouldn’t have told the barber to cut the transplanted hair length for symmetry with native hairs so that they grow first right ? Or else if you can elaborate on this ?

I have not had a haircut yet since my hair transplant. I have had my beard trimmed and told my barber to stay away from the temple points when doing the sideburns and to only do the part above the ears by lifting the hair up. 

I plan to get a haircut with a proper stylist maybe around 9 months post-op but deciding on who to go with atm. 

Overall, my hair both transplanted and native has just been allowed to grow without intervention as much as possible but the barber did trim a bit of the right temple once despite me telling him to stat away from it. 

Things that i can see in person that currently bother me is that on the right side of my temporal areas, the hairs look like they have good macro and micro irregularities but the left side, there's almost a straight row of grafts and they're doubles to my eye in person. The other problem i have noticed so far, is that the temple point hair on the left seem to stick up and out more than the right temple points. 

I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but they are areas of concern i'm keeping an eye on. 

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I have not had a haircut yet since my hair transplant. I have had my beard trimmed and told my barber to stay away from the temple points when doing the sideburns and to only do the part above the ears by lifting the hair up. 

I plan to get a haircut with a proper stylist maybe around 9 months post-op but deciding on who to go with atm. 

Overall, my hair both transplanted and native has just been allowed to grow without intervention as much as possible but the barber did trim a bit of the right temple once despite me telling him to stat away from it. 

Things that i can see in person that currently bother me is that on the right side of my temporal areas, the hairs look like they have good macro and micro irregularities but the left side, there's almost a straight row of grafts and they're doubles to my eye in person. The other problem i have noticed so far, is that the temple point hair on the left seem to stick up and out more than the right temple points. 

I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but they are areas of concern i'm keeping an eye on. 

Just based on the last set of pictures you posted I think your result is going to be just fine. Most people are never going to notice the temple points looking anything other than completely normal. 

2 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Just based on the last set of pictures you posted I think your result is going to be just fine. Most people are never going to notice the temple points looking anything other than completely normal. 

Like i said, 100% not hitting a panic button and i think i definitely did better than what a hair mill would have done to me, but based on the reputation and standard the clinic themselves set, i think it's only fair to point these things out to other people looking to potentially use the clinic. 

I'm not berating their skills at all, but they are definitely points of concern to me in person and some of those issues are perhaps down to the way the techs operated without some oversight. 

I said before i will make a final judgement at month 12 post-op, but i think it's useful for me to document these concerns for now to see if they improve and unfortunately camera pictures aren't the best of highlighting what the human eye can see in person unfortunately. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Like i said, 100% not hitting a panic button and i think i definitely did better than what a hair mill would have done to me, but based on the reputation and standard the clinic themselves set, i think it's only fair to point these things out to other people looking to potentially use the clinic. 

I'm not berating their skills at all, but they are definitely points of concern to me in person and some of those issues are perhaps down to the way the techs operated without some oversight. 

I said before i will make a final judgement at month 12 post-op, but i think it's useful for me to document these concerns for now to see if they improve and unfortunately camera pictures aren't the best of highlighting what the human eye can see in person unfortunately. 

Ya don't get me wrong, I would be doing the same exact thing you're doing if I was in your position. It's not unreasonable to expect pretty damn close to perfect results especially considering you chose a clinic known for their corner restoration. 

That said I'm just reminding you that as far 99% of the population is concerned no one will be able to tell the result wasn't what you expected. That is based on what I see in the pictures anyways - like you said pics can often not tell the full story 

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

@NARMAK You mentioned that you had a few doubles in the hairline. Based on your pictures I can only see one or two. Can you please post some higher quality pics ? 

Hey bud, i will be posting an update soon. I got a new phone but still haven't set it up yet and it should have a slightly better camera, but hair being so fine and camera lenses being what they are, it's been a little more tough to try capture exactly what i mean sometimes and see in person. By no means at all do i want anybody to think that this hairline looks anything close to a hair mills mess at all. It's just that considering magnification is supposed to be in use and the principles of having 2-3 rows of singles beforehand, something went a little awry in some areas. I guess this is just an example of the limitations we have when we have to use techs as well though i guess. 

Edited by NARMAK

38 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Slowly but surely it’s getting there, try pictures with flash for more detail at least that’s what I do and it works best with my phone 

I have taken one picture with flash when i was trying to highlight the thinner frontal patch on the left of the frontal hairline. If i'm perfectly honest overall though, flash makes it look worse because it exposes the illusion of density even more so. There's a different light in a part of the house that also more harshly exposes the hairline overall too. I may just take photos in that for comparison purposes too just to highlight to people the "Illusion of Density" we deal with in HTs i guess. 

For now, here's a couple pictures with the flash of the frontal hairline patch that's concerned me leading into Month 6.

IMG_20221113_025607.jpg

IMG_20221113_025456.jpg

52 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I have taken one picture with flash when i was trying to highlight the thinner frontal patch on the left of the frontal hairline. If i'm perfectly honest overall though, flash makes it look worse because it exposes the illusion of density even more so. There's a different light in a part of the house that also more harshly exposes the hairline overall too. I may just take photos in that for comparison purposes too just to highlight to people the "Illusion of Density" we deal with in HTs i guess. 

For now, here's a couple pictures with the flash of the frontal hairline patch that's concerned me leading into Month 6.

IMG_20221113_025607.jpg

IMG_20221113_025456.jpg

I see, my phone doesn’t take good photos unless I have flash they get focused, the density there looks like half of what it should be so hopefully it catches up soon for you

Edited by Dillpickle123

1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I see, my phone doesn’t take good photos unless I have flash they get focused, the density there looks like half of what it should be so hopefully it catches up soon for you

Yeah, i don't quite know why, but i feel like it actually lost some density in that area from how it looked from Months 4 and 5ish, to now. Perhaps it could be late shedding which would be unusual but a possibility i guess and may regrow in and look more full again. 

46 minutes ago, John1991 said:

It’s too zoomed in for me to really give an assessment, but even in those conditions doesn’t look bad. 

I was only focusing on the specific part of the front left hairline that's looking thinner and a bit more patchy. If you look to the parts left and right of that patch, that's all pretty much transplanted and has more density. I felt it was a pretty obvious disconnect between the two. I just don't know why though. Hopefully it'll catch up soon and fill in again to look better. 

I'll be taking more photos to do a proper 6 months update soon. I'll also give different lighting. 

Giving it a look and your concern Narmak... I'm thinking you're gonna be ok. I see it too, but at this point I'd not "worry" if you're inclined to be the worrying type. This still reads like all is well and like it's gonna be a home run.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:03 PM, NARMAK said:

Yeah, i don't quite know why, but i feel like it actually lost some density in that area from how it looked from Months 4 and 5ish, to now. Perhaps it could be late shedding which would be unusual but a possibility i guess and may regrow in and look more full again. 

I was only focusing on the specific part of the front left hairline that's looking thinner and a bit more patchy. If you look to the parts left and right of that patch, that's all pretty much transplanted and has more density. I felt it was a pretty obvious disconnect between the two. I just don't know why though. Hopefully it'll catch up soon and fill in again to look better. 

I'll be taking more photos to do a proper 6 months update soon. I'll also give different lighting. 

Hey man, I had my transplant done at Eugenix approximately two weeks after you did with the same package. Interestingly I’ve got similar concerns around density on the front left of my hairline. It seems that the right thickened up a lot faster and the left appears more sparse. I’m hoping in the next few months it will catch up despite not being able to see any new hairs coming through.  

• Administrators
On 11/19/2022 at 7:14 PM, John1991 said:

It’s too zoomed in for me to really give an assessment, but even in those conditions doesn’t look bad. 

I agree. How does it look zoomed out?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.