Does this look like 2500 grafts harvested? FUT

Does this look like 2500 grafts harvested? FUT   

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's done is done OP. Don't worry about grafts or density right now but healing and following post-op instructions to get to the 12 month mark and see how things shake out. 

The only thing i personally would recommend is to also take high quality up close pictures where you can clearly see the grafts and placement. The pictures you attached personally for me when zooming in on my mobile blur and make it more difficult to count. 

Also, clarify with the clinic how many grafts they actually are saying they placed and ask them to send any pre-op and post-op pictures in higher quality that they took. That's probably gonna help you more imo to confirm things too if there's now scabbing etc. 

Ultimately it's a sit tight and wait situation. I wish you well in hopefully having it grow out and hopefully giving you a result you wanted but there's hopefully some options for you too in the future if needed. The donor picture makes it still look quite healthy for any future need. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, hairlossburner1234 said:

This is my 4 months post-surgery update.. I'm actually pleasantly surprised so far. Hoping it comes back thicker over the next few months, let's see! @Melvin- Moderator

It's looking quite good for 4 months. This is why panicking in the beginning is unnecessary. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, hairlossburner1234 said:

7 months post-transplant.. coming along @Melvin- Moderator if after 12 months my hair at the front isn't as thick as I want could I do a small FUE of 1000 grafts without having to shave my entire head? 

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

Yes but it depends on the Dr some do unshaven fut and fue and it looks like 1000 grafts would fix the lack of density since you most likely got only 1000-1200 grafts implanted 

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, hairlossburner1234 said:

7 months post-transplant.. coming along @Melvin- Moderator if after 12 months my hair at the front isn't as thick as I want could I do a small FUE of 1000 grafts without having to shave my entire head? 

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

You might not even need as many as 1000 grafts, but in any case, you want as few grafts as you can get away with to top up the density, and to me you need some soft singles along the hairline as you've got a fair few multigraft hairs that shouldn't be there.

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is why freaking out in the beginning is unnecessary, even if the work looks subpar, it can end up looking decent. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

Your case is very similar to mine (even the graft placement) so I’ll be following along. I’m very interested to see how this turns out for you.

If you want a procedure where a doctor performs a no-shave technique you have to really do your homework to find the doctor who is able to perform that procedure efficiently. I had a no-shave FUT procedure of 2500 grafts performed by my doctor in April of 2019 but it was totally by happenstance as that doctor only performs no-shave.

The reality is that 99.9% of doctors want to shave down the entire head so that they may perform their best artistry on the best canvas possible.

If my doctor had wanted to shave my head then that’s what I would’ve done-whatever the doctor needs to perform to the best of their ability.

If you feel like you need a touch up at 12 months then you are in the best place possible to find help. I personally think this has grown out way better than people thought it would and I have to echo Melvin when I say that it seems completely unnecessary for others to cause panic so early on without giving the HT time to come together.

Good luck to you. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Fingers crossed for you, man. Again, I’m very interested to see how this turns out.

• Like 1

Hi OP
Don't waste your time on stressing over the total number of grafts matter, honestly after 2 FUE's and plenty of research I can definitely say that 99% of clinics will NOT implant the total number of grafts agreed or proposed to you, be it a good and honest doctor, or a bad one, it is a business after all and they all know you won't be sitting and counting graft by graft after your surgery, let alone the forms and disclaimers you sign, it's a hopeless fight not worth fighting.
Clinics have many tricks to squeeze out of you as much money as possible, I myself even tipped the technicians with some cash during my procedure just to ask them to try doing their best and focus. As long as the results are good, I couldn't care less about having 500 less grafts implanted, or another 500$ spared here or there. 

As for your procedure, I do agree that it isn't a total of 2500 grafts (but again, I believe that the majority doesn't get the exact number they paid for), and the overall placement of grafts seem also quite un-planned.

Do yourself the best favor, go through repair jobs posts here and find a suitable, recommended Doctor nearby, and go for a touch up. Good luck!!! don't worry, you're not alone. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the advice and taking the time to comment. I'm going to be in Europe in May which will be 13 months after the surgery. I'm looking at some reputable doctors in Turkey right now and seeing if I can get a small FUE procedure done. Will continue posting results here!

• 5 months later...

Hey all, I wanted to post my results of 1 year post-op. I'm not satisfied with the results but I think it turned out better than was expected from my first pictures and I do like it more than my hair prior to the surgery so I don't view it as a complete fail.

I will be doing a touch-up FUE surgery with Dr. Bicer in Turkey this year. Expected to be 1000-1500 grafts to fix the hairline, add some density in the front and cover the FUT scar. I have been told (by strangers on the internet) not to touch my temples or lower the hairline further. My goal is for the hair at the front to be as thick as the hair at the back and redesign the hairline with single grafts as it seems to be a bit of a mix right now.

If you were me what would you ask for in your touch-up surgery? Would you add to the temples?

@Melvin- Moderator @Mike1J @Steeeve @MazAB @Berba11 @Gatsby @Dillpickle123 @NARMAK @SeanToman@JayLDD @John1991 @DrTBarghouthi @BRITA-XL @HappyMan2021 

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.PNG

IMG_3815.PNG

IMG_3816.jpg

Edited by hairlossburner1234

• Administrators

Good call on the touch-up. Your crown is in good shape. Your temple points look fine, the main goal is to soften your hairline. The hairline looks like it has some multis, you might need to remove some of the grafts. You seem to have an overall positive attitude, which is important. 

For me, making the hairline look natural, priority #1. After that, I’d focus on density. To me, the height and shape looks fine. Lastly, I’d get grafts in the scar. 

• Like 1

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Good call on the touch-up. Your crown is in good shape. Your temple points look fine, the main goal is to soften your hairline. The hairline looks like it has some multis, you might need to remove some of the grafts. You seem to have an overall positive attitude, which is important. 

For me, making the hairline look natural, priority #1. After that, I’d focus on density. To me, the height and shape looks fine. Lastly, I’d get grafts in the scar. 

Thank you for commenting! Do I have to remove grafts? Could the Doctor not just put some single grafts in front of the multis?

• Valued Contributor

I second every single thing Melvin said. I think your temples will look extremely natural once you soften that hairline and add some density.

Once you hit that scar with a few hundred grafts you’ll never give it a second thought!

I hope you update us with that touch up! 

• Like 1

Just now, Steeeve said:

I second every single thing Melvin said. I think your temples will look extremely natural once you soften that hairline and add some density.

Once you hit that scar with a few hundred grafts you’ll never give it a second thought!

I hope you update us with that touch up! 

Will do! Appreciate the comment :)

• Valued Contributor

Can you tell us more about Dr Bicer's plan? Is she planning to extract hairs from the recipient area?

You've got almost exclusively multigraft hairs in the hairline and they look to be sticking up quite a lot. The only real way to address that is punch a load back out, reuse them further back for density and then re-implant new hairs into the hairline.

Improving the density is easy - just add more grafts, but that's not really s "repair", per se. Covering up the dodgy linear/pluggy hairline can be done by adding more grafts in front of the existing hairline but that will mean a) more grafts from the donor and b) it doesn't address the badly angled grafts. 

51 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Can you tell us more about Dr Bicer's plan? Is she planning to extract hairs from the recipient area?

You've got almost exclusively multigraft hairs in the hairline and they look to be sticking up quite a lot. The only real way to address that is punch a load back out, reuse them further back for density and then re-implant new hairs into the hairline.

Improving the density is easy - just add more grafts, but that's not really s "repair", per se. Covering up the dodgy linear/pluggy hairline can be done by adding more grafts in front of the existing hairline but that will mean a) more grafts from the donor and b) it doesn't address the badly angled grafts. 

We haven't spoken about this yet, but I will ask in our consultation. Appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Your temples look good, you just need 1000 grafts to fix your hairline density. 

Don't waste precious grafts on temples as they are already in good shape. 

And please go for shave procedure, you can not afford to risk your second Hair Transplant. 

• Like 1